About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
The Manager, ITS Program Management is responsible for managing a team of project managers responsible for managing multiple high visibility, cross functional projects to help successfully launch key strategic initiatives across all COH business units. Interacts closely with executive leadership, business partners, and external vendor partners to effectively balance multiple projects and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions, risk mitigation plans, and project status reports/communications.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partners with executive leadership, business and IT project team members to ensure that project delivery aligns with business strategic objectives and priorities
- Manages all ITS aspects of the IT Research Systems portfolio of projects.
- Manages the successful delivery of multiple, multi-year projects with 1-3-year project timelines, and more than 200 key project stakeholders
- Drives project risk management and mitigation through strict governance processes and procedures
- Monitors performance of project delivery to ensure alignment to the approved business case, design, and committed timeline
- Ensures adherence to project schedules; aggressively monitors project budgets; and reallocates resources to avoid budget or schedule variances
- Provides financial metrics, value realization, and other strategic reports for executive leadership, business stakeholders, and IT team
- Collaborates with assigned vendors to build effective relationships and collaborative team environments
- Continually evaluates methods of undertaking and completing projects more efficiently with new programming techniques, different technology platforms, more technically-trained personnel
- Monitors the changing technical environment to stay on trend and ahead of market shifts
- Establishes and communicates a clear set of success criteria for project performance
- Provides clear, consistent, regular communication with project team, executive leadership, and project stakeholders at all levels
- Effectively collaborates with peers and leadership to share resources on critical projects; seeks opportunities to help others' projects by sharing and reallocating team members' priorities and assignments
- Manages a positive, collaborative project team environment that encourages support and success
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 7 years of experience
- 3+ years of experience managing projects within the healthcare industry
- 3+ years of experience managing individual and roll-up project budgets, resource plans, and risk mitigation strategies for IT and related projects
- senior-level project manager with 7+ years delivering projects at a successful tech corporation or a similar role in a blue-chip company
- Experience managing projects with core teams of at least 75 professionals
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Master’s Degree
- PMP Certification or equivalent
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent
- Experience in project management, business administration, or technical management
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Research Analyst/Project Manager, Asian Institute Of Digital Finance, NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SINGAPORE, Europe, 5 days ago
About the Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF) The Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF) is a university-level institute in the National University of Singapore (NUS), jointly founded by ...
Consultant Project, University of New Mexico Hospitals, United States, 7 days ago
Job ID15762420CategoryInformation TechnologyDepartmentIT - Customer ServiceLocationAlbuquerque, NMDate posted11/23/2021 Position Summary:Provide consultation to Hospitals senior leadership and all...
Project Manager Physics And Astronomy 98738 Grade 8, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
Project Manager - Physics and Astronomy - 98738 - Grade 8 - (21000296) Description Position Details Physics and Astronomy Tyseley Energy Park, Hay Mills, Birmingham, B25 8DW Full time starting sal...
Sr. Regulatory Manager (Ft Job, Glen Burnie, Md), Resource Environmental Solutions LLC, United States, 10 days ago
Click for a hub of Extension resources related to the current COVID-19 situation. AgencyResource Environmental Solutions LLCLocationGlen Burnie, MDJob CategoryFull time PositionsSalaryTBDLast Date...
Business Analyst, Arizona State University, United States, about 14 hours ago
74012BR Campus: Tempe Business Analyst Job Description The W. P. Carey, Technology Strategy and Operations (TSO) team is a unique collective of analysts and technologists whose purpose is to advan...
Assistant Research Professor Mathematical Oncology, City of Hope, United States, about 22 hours ago
This Assistant Research Professor will perform original research in the Division of Mathematic Oncology and provide service for the Biostatistics and Mathematical Oncology Core (BMOC) Shared Resou...