The University of Ballarat (UB) is Australia's only regional, multi-sector university. We are the third oldest site of higher learning in Australia, and offer secondary schooling, TAFE, higher education, and research opportunities. We have campuses in Ballarat, Horsham, Stawell and Ararat. We also work with a range of partner institutes across Australia and the world.
UB has around 23,000 international and domestic students. We are committed to serving regional Victorian communities, yet have a broad national and international outlook. UB offers the best of both worlds; combining a strong tradition of 142 years of tertiary education with the freedom and dynamism that comes with being a multi-sector University with close links to local industry and technology.
The University of Ballarat Residences offer comfortable, single fully furnished study-bedrooms with in room data providing access to the university network. Communal living areas consist of TV/Lounge room and fully equipped kitchens. Laundry facilities are also available at all residences.
UB Living is an environmentally aware department and a Water Wise Community.
Sport and Fitness:
Based at the University of Ballarat, UniSports offer an exciting range of dynamic and innovative recreation, education and health programs and services run by fully qualified and experienced staff.
UniSports welcome students, staff and community participation.
Some of the facilities offered at UniSports include a 25m state of the art swimming pool, a fully equipped gymnasium ('The Toning Point'), gymnastics hall, dance studio and tennis courts.
Student Health Service:
The University provides a confidential health service, located at the Mt Helen Campus. Consultations are bulk billed and are available by appointment to all students and staff. We do advise that staff also have/retain their own doctor outside the University as hours and availability are limited.
Information and advice is available on contraception, sexually transmitted infection, nutrition, alcohol and drug issues.
The Health Centre is an accredited Travel Health Centre including Yellow Fever vaccinations. Consultation and vaccination services are available to the Univesity and outside community.
Other services include:
- Drug and alcohol counselling and referral
- Daily pharmacy delivery service
- Hire of crutches
- General vaccination
- Pathology collection
The Health Centre is located in the Student Centre, ground floor, building T North. Appointments can be made by telephoning 5327 9477.
Student Career Service:
- Employment opportunities: Part time and casual, graduate, vacation, international, degree related jobs (part time & temporary), Volunteer positions and much more
- Upcoming events: employer recruitment presentations, careers fairs, industry networking events and employment preparation workshops. Find out what is happening and book your place
- Career resources: fact sheets, links, news and faqs
- Make appointments: book appointments with a careers counsellor, or for assistance with job searching
Student Shops and Food:
- UBuy store carries a variety of memorabilia, merchandise, clothing, stationary and gifts. Purchase in-store at UBuy, Mt Helen Campus, ground floor T Building, or order online today.
- Two course evening meals are now available in the Albert Coates Complex, Monday to Thursday from 5.30pm-7pm. All welcome!
- UBuy is located on the ground floor, T Building, Mt Helen, and stocks a wide range of products including grocery items, newspapers and magazines, UB merchandise, coffee, snacks, Australia post point and much more.
- Ruby's is the new contemporary cafe located in the Albert Coates Complex at the Mt Helen Campus, and open to the entire University community. The Cafe features an innovative menu to suit all tastes and budgets with gourmet pizza, pasta and salads.
- The University of Ballarat Equestrian Centre, located at Mt Rowan, just 15 minutes from Ballarat City Centre, is now available for hire. The modern undercover sand dressage arena includes ample car and float parking, wash facilities, kitchenette and storage areas.
The University of Ballarat is Victoria's leading regional University. It has six campuses in Ararat, Ballarat, Horsham and Stawell.
Mt Helen Campus:
University Drive, Mt Helen VIC 3350
Camp St Campus:
Camp Street, Ballarat VIC 3350
Lydiard Street South, Ballarat VIC 3350
Baillie Street, Horsham VIC 3400
Laby Street, Ararat VIC 3377
Sloane Street, Stawell VIC 3380