RMIT is a global university of technology and design and Australia’s largest tertiary institution. The University enjoys an international reputation for excellence in practical education and outcome-oriented research.
RMIT is a leader in technology, design, global business, communication, global communities, health solutions and urban sustainable futures. We are ranked in the top 100 universities in the world for engineering and technology in the 2011 QS World University Rankings.
The 2012 Quacquarelli Symons (QS) ranked us in the world’s top 100 universities in Communication and Media studies, Computer Science and Information Systems, Pharmacy and Pharmacology studies, Engineering (Civil and Structural), and Accounting and Finance.
RMIT has three campuses in Melbourne, Australia, and two in Vietnam. We offer programs through partners in Singapore, Hong Kong, mainland China, Malaysia, India and Europe. We enjoy research and industry partnerships on every continent.
The University’s student population of 74,000 includes 30,000 international students, of whom more than 17,000 are taught offshore (almost 6,000 at RMIT Vietnam).
RMIT University has three campuses around Melbourne and two in Vietnam, in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi.
If you come to RMIT, you have exclusive or priority access to:
- our housing database, which shows accommodation near each of our campuses. It is free to all current and future RMIT students
- information on available accommodation options such as student apartment complexes, student hostels, rental properties, share houses, temporary accommodation and homestay
- your suburb living guides, which cover transport options for suburbs around our campuses
- the right advice on renting, including our renters guide and tips for moving house successfully
- our student wellbeing advisors, who provide information and advice to you on demand
- RMIT Village, our fully furnished student apartments five minutes by tram from RMIT University. Once the iconic Old Melbourne Hotel, this recently renovated village caters for a vibrant community of approximately 456 residents
Student Health Service:
If you are healthy you are able to perform better at your studies. We work hard to assist you:
- with access to healthy foods
- with your mental and emotional health
- with your sexual health
- with drug and alcohol issues
- to access immunisations
We constantly update lists of health services near all RMIT campuses so you can find the appropriate medical/dental services in a timely manner.
Main campus in Melbourne:
200 Ballarat Road, Hamilton VIC 3300