Deakin is renowned for:
- excellent teaching and innovative course delivery
- a student-focussed culture
- being accessible, helpful and friendly.
Deakin is a sector leader for student satisfaction, currently first in Victoria and third in Australia (Australian Graduate Survey).
Deakin was awarded a 5-star rating by the prestigious university ranking organisation Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
Deakin has more than 8,000 international students from over 100 different countries. 40% of our domestic students, and 28% of our international students, are mature age (25 or older). Deakin's library holds more than 1.5 million books.
Deakin offers two unique living experiences at the Melbourne Burwood Campus with 200 rooms available in the Burwood Student Village and now 400 rooms available in the brand new residences building opening for Trimester 2 of 2012. The Student Village provides single room accommodation for 200 students in a mixed gender and multi-cultural environment.
Health and Fitness:
Deakin Medical Centres provide:
- vaccinations - travel and course related
- seasonal flu vaccinations
- sexual Health
- pregnancy tests
- STI checks
- Womens health
- Mens health
- Mental health - anxiety, depression
Student Career Service:
Professional assistance is available to students, graduate, staff and alumni including:
- career planning and education
- employment information
- job application checking, career workshops, online resources and email help
- interview and assessment centre coaching.
Melbourne Burwood Campus:
221 Burwood Highway
Victoria 3125 Australia
Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus:
75 Pigdons Road
Victoria 3216 Australia
Geelong Waterfront Campus:
1 Gheringhap Street
Victoria 3220 Australia
Victoria 3280 Australia