DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Doctoral Positions, Graduate School Life Science Munich (LSM)/LMU, Germany, 2 days ago
Job posted by Graduate School Life Science Munich (LSM)/LMU (28/09/2016 10.37) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Oregon, United States, about 13 hours ago
The University of Oregon’s English Department, in collaboration with the Ethnic Studies Department, invites applications for a 2017-19 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Ethnic American Literatur...
Ph D Fellowship In Equine Orthopaedics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 2 days ago
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (SUND) University of Copenhagen Large Animal Sciences is offering a three-year PhD fellowship in equine orthopaedics. The PhD fellowship begins in December o...
Doctoral Programme For Gender, Culture And Society, University of Helsinki, Finland, about 1 month ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (30/08/2016 15.27) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Center For Research On Race And Ethnicity In Society (Crres) Postdoctoral Fellowship, Indiana University Northwest, United States, 24 days ago
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ...
Postdoc Position In Stem Cell Biology Available In The Jensen Group At Bric, University Of Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 24 days ago
The Jensen group is looking to recruit a very talented postdoctoral researcher to our highly dynamic research group. The candidate will be involved in establishing a high-throughput screening syst...