DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Ear Postdoctoral Fellowship (Ear Pf), University of California, United States, 21 days ago
The Division of Earth Sciences (EAR) awards 10 postdoctoral fellowships for up to 2 years to scientists in early stages of their careers. The National Science Foundation (NSF) administers this ful...
Research Fellow For Ancient Pathogen Statistical Genomics (78464 117) , University of Warwick, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Vacancy Type/Job category Research Only Department Warwick Medical School, Microbiology & Infection Salary £28,982 - £37,768 per annum Location University of Warwick, Coventry Vacancy Overview Fix...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Algebra 1.0 Fte, Radboud University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
At Radboud University, we do research and teach programmes covering the full width of the academic spectrum. We do this on a green, modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities. The atmosphere o...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Biostatistics, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 16 days ago
The Department of Medical Epidemiology and Biostatistics (MEB) is among the largest departments of epidemiology in Europe with special focus on increasing our knowledge of the aetiology of differe...
Ph D In China Fellowship, University of California, United States, 1 day ago
The Institute of International Education (IIE) awards PhD scholars in China-related study areas an opportunity to study for up to 2 years at university in China. The Fellowship hopes to foster int...
Postdoctoral Fellow (Cas/Caes Open Pool), Colorado State University, United States, 9 days ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Postdoctoral Fellow (CAS/CAES Open Pool) Research Professional Position Yes Posting Number 201700009AP Position Type Admin Professional/Res...