DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
] Postdoctoral Positions In Computational Condensed Matter Theory , , United States, 5 days ago
One to two postdoctoral position openings are available starting from Aug. 1, 2017 at the "Computational Quantum Matters” group at the Department of Physics, National Taiwan University in Taipei, ...
Ph D Fellowship In Microfluidic Nanoparticle Design, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 17 days ago
Department of Pharmacy Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (SUND) University of Copenhagen Department of Pharmacy is offering a three-year PhD fellowship in Microfluidic Nanoparticle Design. T...
Emerging Scholar Fellowship: Race And Gender In The Built Environment Of The American City, University of Texas at Austin, United States, 5 days ago
Cities are complex built environments that integrate the physical, natural, and social worlds of human settlement. The discovery of new solutions to address our most pressing needs and challenges ...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Biophysical Mechanisms In Receptor Signalling, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 18 days ago
Job description The research group of Ana Teixeira at Karolinska Institutet is looking for an outstanding postdoctoral fellow to investigate the roles of spatial distribution and lateral mobility ...
Du Bois Mandela Rodney Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of California, United States, 23 days ago
University of Michigan (UMich) awards a yearlong postdoctoral fellowship to scholars teaching and researching Africa or the African diaspora. This is a residential fellowship at UMich, located in ...
Post Doctoral Fellow, Emory University, United States, 29 days ago
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Helps design and conduct research within a specified field while receiving advanced training from a designated Principal Investigator to enhance professional skill...