DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Therapy Radiographer (National Research Foundation), National Research Foundation, South Africa, 13 days ago
You need to log in before you can view the Recruiter's contact details. Purpose: The main duty of the incumbent is to undertake patient treatments. Minimum Requirements: National Diploma Radiothe...
Post Doctoral Opportunities Saeon Fynbos Node (National Research Foundation), National Research Foundation, South Africa, 21 days ago
Detecting Global Change impacts on a megadiverse vegetation system The SAEON Fynbos Node seeks to appoint one Postdoctoral Fellow with competency in catchment hydrology and/or aspects of plant wat...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position In «Infrastructure Systems Risk Monitoring, Detection And Control», ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 14 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (19/08/2015 16.27) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position In «Infrastructure Systems Risk Monitoring, Detection And Control», Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland, 16 days ago
The Singapore-ETH Centre (SEC) was established in Singapore in 2010 as a joint initiative between ETH Zurich and Singapore’s National Research Foundation (NRF), as part of the NRF’s CREATE campus....
Postdoctoral Position For Citizen Design Science And Big Data, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 21 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (12/08/2015 16.21) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Postdoctoral Position For Cognitive Computing In Urban Planning, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 19 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (14/08/2015 16.04) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...