DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Postdoctoral Associate (Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Genetics), University of Miami, United States, 1 day ago
The University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we ar...
Summer Residential Mentor Positions, University of South Dakota, United States, about 9 hours ago
Type of Position: NFE Posting Number: 0008747 Working Title: Summer Residential Mentor Positions Position Classification Title Advisor (OT Elig) Institution: University of South Dakota City: Vermi...
Core Paediatric Trust Fellowship, University Hospital Southampton, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust Core Paediatric Trust Fellowship Start Date of Post – 2nd August 2017 Contract Length – Fixed Term for 2 Yea...
] Digital Humanities Asia Postdoc , , United States, about 14 hours ago
Position, Digital Humanities Asia Postdoctoral Fellowship, Stanford University The Digital Humanities Asia (DHAsia) program at Stanford University invites applications for a 12-month Postdoctoral ...
Post Doctoral Research Assistant, University of Bradford, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
View All Opportunities Faculty of Engineering and Informatics School of Engineering Salary: £33,943 to £38,183 Fixed term for 36 months Post Type: Full Time Contract Type: Permanent Closing Date...
Surgery Core Clinical Fellowship, University Hospital Southampton, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust Core Surgical Trust Fellowship Start Date of Post – 2nd August 2017 Contract Length – Fixed Term for 2 Years...