DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Smuts Research Fellow In African Studies (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
The Centre of African Studies invites applications for the Smuts Research Fellowship in African Studies, from candidates at the postdoctoral level in all disciplines within the humanities and soci...
Australian Bicentennial Scholarships And Fellowships, University of Sydney, Australia, about 6 hours ago
Funding Body: Kings College London Title: Australian Bicentennial Scholarships and Fellowships Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences; Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Overseas D...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Food Consumption In Africa, University of London, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Fixed term for 2 years £33,476 - £34,411 p.a. inclusive of London Allowance Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Officer to work full time on a 2 year project funded by the Danish ...
Postdoctoral Position At The Astronomical Institute Of The Academy Of Sciences Of The Czech Republic, Astronomical Institute, Czech, 4 days ago
Job posted by Astronomical Institute (02/03/2015 11.50) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for R...
King's College London, Menzies Centre For Australian Studies :Australian Bicentennial Scholarships And Fellowships For Study In The Uk, Flinders University, Australia, 2 days ago
Opening Date: 23-02-2015 Closing Date: 27-04-2015 DESCRIPTION Each year the Australian Bicentennial Scholarships and Fellowships Trust invites applications from Australian postgraduate students or...
Post Doctoral Teaching Fellow, Asian Studies, Bucknell University, United States, 22 days ago
Required Applicant Documents Job Title Post Doctoral Teaching Fellow, Asian Studies Requisition Number 07564 Job Summary Bucknell University's Center for the Study of Race, Ethnicity and Gender (C...