DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Australia Germany Joint Research Cooperation Scheme, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
The Australia-Germany Joint Research Co-operation Scheme is a joint initiative of Universities Australia and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Germany's national agency for the support...
Australia Apec Women In Research Fellowship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
The Australian APEC Study Centre is pleased to announce the launch of the `Australia-APEC Women in Research Fellowship¿. This exciting new initiative will support high-achieving female researchers...
Research Fellow In Complex Service Development Evaluations, Plymouth University, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
As a part of the Person Centred and Coordinated Care (PCCC) Interventions team this post is key to ensuring the successful delivery of a programme of work evaluating a Peninsula wide service devel...
Marie Curie Fellow In Phytochemistry, Technische Universität München, Germany, 1 day ago
24.11.2015, Wissenschaftliches Personal Early Stage Researcher (ESR) are invited to apply for a PhD position in the multidisciplinary Marie Slodowska Curie Action ‚FlowerPower‘ a European Industri...
Aga Fellowships 2015 (Australia German Association Inc. & The Goethe Institut), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
In 2015 there will be two Fellowships and one German language course offered. Candidates may apply for either a Fellowship alone or a Fellowship with a German language course. The Fellowships will...
Extension Educator (Commercial Pre And Post Harvest Produce Safety Extension Educator), Pennsylvania State University, United States, 21 days ago
Description The College of Agricultural Sciences is seeking an individual trained in Food Science, Horticulture or related field to join our nationally-recognized Penn State Extension Food Safety ...