DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Senior Research Fellow (77946 036), University of Warwick, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
Vacancy Overview The Department of Economics is seeking a postdoctoral candidate for a one or two year position working in close partnership with the IGC Myanmar Country Office. The successful can...
Post Doctoral Researcher In Chemical Engineering Specializing In Membrane Separations / Filtration For Wastewater Treatment, Dublin City University: Water Institute, Ireland, 28 days ago
Job posted by Dublin City University: Water Institute (04/04/2016 11.26) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Chart...
Ludwig Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Computational Biology (4 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
We are looking for up to four exceptional Postdoctoral Scientists that span discipline boundaries and work between experimental, computational, and theoretical groups. In particular, we seek indiv...
Research Fellow In Maritime Logistics, Høgskolen i Sørøst-Norge (HSN), Norway, 9 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (22/04/2016 17.06) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Pathways T32 Training Program Postdoctoral Fellowships, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 21 days ago
Description The Pennsylvania State University’s Center for Healthy Aging (http://healthyaging.psu.edu/ invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships in the Pathways T32 Training Program. The ...
2 Postdoctoral Positions – Mechanisms Of Starch Biosynthesis In Plants, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 21 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (11/04/2016 16.09) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...