DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Postdoc Position On "Epithelial And Mucosal Staphylococcus Aureus Immunity", Technische Universität München, Germany, about 5 hours ago
14.03.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Professorship of Translational Immunology at Environmental Medicine, UNIKA-T Augsburg at TUM seeks a Postdoctoral Candidate for the topic “Epithelial an...
Ucl Excellence Fellowship 2017 X 3 , University College London, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
UCL Department / Division School of Life and Medical Sciences Grades 8-9 Hours Full Time Salary (inclusive of London allowance) £42,304 - £49,904 per annum Duties and Responsibilities UCL is one o...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist Surviving Metabolism: Acid Handling And Signalling (2 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Applications are invited for two Postdoctoral Research Scientists to work on a 5-year programme to study acid handling and signalling in cancer, led by Professor Pawel Swietach. The project consis...
Research Fellow (79095 027) , University of Warwick, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Vacancy Type/Job category Research Only Department Computer Science Salary £29,301-£38,183 per annum Location The University of Warwick - Coventry Vacancy Overview Fixed Term Contract for 24 month...
Research Fellow In Medical Statistics, University of Bristol, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
This post offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced and skilled statistician to join the School of Clinical Sciences Musculoskeletal Research Unit as part of the newly awarded 5-year NIHR ...
Post Doctoral Fellow//Genetics,Genomics And Informatics, University of Tennessee, United States, about 12 hours ago
Post Doctoral Fellow//Genetics,Genomics and Informatics - 17000000E2 Description A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the laboratory of Dr. Athena Starlard-Davenport in the Departme...