DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Handyman (National Research Foundation), National Research Foundation, South Africa, 3 days ago
The National Research Foundation (NRF) supports and promotes research and human capital development through funding, the provision of National Research Facilities and science outreach platforms an...
Singapore Nrf Fellowship, Class Of 2016, National Research Foundation, Europe, 19 days ago
Fellowship posted by National Research Foundation (03/12/2014 12.26) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo aw...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position In Infrastructure Systems Modeling System Integration (75%), ETH Zurich, Europe, 9 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (12/12/2014 16.56) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Fellowship Opportunities For Internships @ Icfo, ICFO- Institut de Ciències Fotòniques, Spain, 10 days ago
Fellowship posted by ICFO- Institut de Ciències Fotòniques (11/12/2014 11.47) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position In Infrastructure Systems Modeling System Integration (75%), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland, 11 days ago
ETH Zurich is one of the leading universities of the world with a strong focus on science and engineering. In 2011 it established the Singapore-ETH Centre (SEC) in collaboration with the National ...
Post Doctoral Position In Perinatal And Maternal Epidemiology At Mc Master University Health Sciences, McMaster University, Canada, 10 days ago
Fellowship posted by McMaster University (11/12/2014 17.04) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to ...