DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Research Fellow Community And Economic Development Clinic, University of Michigan, United States, 23 days ago
Job Detail RESEARCH FELLOW - COMMUNITY AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CLINIC How to Apply A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your ...
Post Doctoral Position On 3 D Finger Vein Biometrics, Idiap Research Institute, Switzerland, 24 days ago
Job posted by Idiap (14/01/2016 11.04) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. More ...
French Spanish Pre Doctoral Teaching Fellowship, Indiana Wesleyan University, United States, 16 days ago
French-Spanish Pre-Doctoral Teaching Fellowship Position Description Indiana Wesleyan University (IWU) invites applications for a full-time pre-doctoral teaching fellowship in the Division of Mode...
Post Doctoral Researcher, G.d'Annunzio University of Chieti-Pescara, Italy, Italy, 11 days ago
Job posted by G.d'Annunzio University of Chieti-Pescara, Italy (26/01/2016 14.27) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the Europ...
Post Doctoral Associate, Gab, University of Miami, United States, 18 days ago
The Data Mining Program focuses on developing methods for understanding large data sets including data clustering and association rule mining. The Program provides expertise in non‐statistical dat...
Pen Clahrc Research Fellow (Information Specialist), Plymouth University, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for a full-time PenCLAHRC Research Fellow (Information Specialist) to work as part of the Plymouth based CLAHRC team, hosted by the Primary Care Group within Clinical Tri...