DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Partner For Korea Research Fellowship (Krf) For Postdoctoral Researchers, 2016, Dongguk University, Europe, 17 days ago
Job posted by Dongguk University (11/08/2016 13.01) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
2 Scholarships For International Doctoral Candidates, DFG Research Training Group 1681 "Privacy and digitalization", Europe, 28 days ago
Fellowship posted by DFG Research Training Group 1681 "Privacy and digitalization" (01/08/2016 10.10) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'H...
Research Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 24 days ago
The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences The School of Agriculture and Food Sciences is one of the largest Schools of this type in Australia, comprising research and teaching experts in plant a...
Doctoral Programme In Mathematics And Statistics (Domast), University of Helsinki, Finland, 3 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (25/08/2016 14.44) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Research Fellow Ancient Pathogen Dna And Medium Throughput Genomics Of Modern Salmonella (78443 086) , University of Warwick, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Vacancy Type/Job category Research Only Department Warwick Medical School, Microbiology & Infection Salary £28,982 - £37,768 per annum Location University of Warwick, Coventry Vacancy Overview Res...
Post Doctoral Felloships In Seismology, , Brazil, 25 days ago
Fellowship posted by FAPESP, SAO PAULO RESEARCH FOUNDATION (03/08/2016 04.30) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research...