DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Doctoral Students And Post Doctoral Fellows (National Research Foundation), National Research Foundation, South Africa, 27 days ago
You need to log in before you can view the Recruiter's contact details. Hartebeesthoek Radio Astronomy Observatory (HartRAO) a national facility of the National Research Foundation (NRF) has vaca...
Post A Exam Ph D Candidate , Cornell University Graduate School, United States, 4 days ago
You are here Home » DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) & the American Institute for Contemporary German Studies (AICGS): DAAD/AICGS Research Fellowships print share email Facebook Twitter D...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position Efficient Physical Critical Infrastructure System Modeling (75%), ETH Zurich, Europe, 4 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (18/11/2014 16.46) Postdoctoral Fellow Position - Efficient Physical Critical Infrastructure System Modeling (75%) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Rese...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position Efficient Physical Critical Infrastructure System Modeling (75%), Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland, 6 days ago
ETH Zurich is one of the leading universities of the world with a strong focus on science and engineering. In 2011 it established the Singapore-ETH Centre (SEC) in collaboration with the National ...
International Max Planck Research Schools (Imprs) On "Understanding Complex Plant Traits Using Computational And Evolutionary Approaches", Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIPZ), Europe, 2 days ago
Fellowship posted by Max Planck Institute for Plant Breeding Research (MPIPZ) (20/11/2014 10.59) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Exc...
Postdoctoral Research Economists Urbanisation In Developing Economies Programme (2 Posts), University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
A major joint research programme on urbanisation in developing economies, with particular reference to Africa, has been launched at Oxford's Department of Economics and LSE's Spatial Economics Res...