DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
] Postdoctoral Fellowships In High Energy Physics, , United States, about 22 hours ago
The Niels Bohr International Academy plans to fill a number of fellowships in theoretical high energy physics with a starting date in the fall of 2017. The group has broad interests in the areas ...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow The Changing Character Of Conflict Platform: Understanding, Tracing And Forecasting Change Across Time, Space And Cultures, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
The Department of Politics and International Relations at the University of Oxford is looking for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow to work on an exciting new project directed by Dr Annette Idler in ...
Research Fellow In Machine Learning Fixed Term, University of Lincoln, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
View All Opportunities School of Computer Science Location: Brayford Salary: From £32,004 per annum Fixed Term for approximately 1 year Closing Date: Sunday 21 May 2017 Interview Date: Tuesday 30 ...
Research Fellow (80207 047) , University of Warwick, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
Vacancy Type/Job category Research Only Department Chemistry Salary £29,301-£38,183 per annum Location The University of Warwick - Coventry Vacancy Overview Fixed term for 1 year A new position is...
Core Paediatric Trust Fellowship, University Hospital Southampton, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Start Date of Post – 2nd August 2017 Contract Length – Fixed Term for 2 Years until 6th August 2019 Would you like to come and start your UK medical career in one of the leading centres of clinica...
Postdoctoral Scholar, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Description A postdoctoral position is available beginning on January 1, 2018 in Dr. David Craft`s laboratory at the Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and College of Medicine. The qualif...