DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Post Doctoral Research Fellow In International Higher Education In South Africa, University of Leeds, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Job posted by Global Academy Jobs (15/10/2016 01.15) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Post Doctoral Research Fellow In International Higher Education In South Africa, University of Leeds, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
View All Vacancies Unbundling education: Mapping the changing nature of Higher Education in South Africa (ESRC-NRF) Applications are invited for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow to work on an ESRC-...
Doctoral Positions, Graduate School Life Science Munich (LSM)/LMU, Germany, 29 days ago
Job posted by Graduate School Life Science Munich (LSM)/LMU (28/09/2016 10.37) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Oregon, United States, 27 days ago
The University of Oregon’s English Department, in collaboration with the Ethnic Studies Department, invites applications for a 2017-19 Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Ethnic American Literatur...
Postdoctoral Fellow, Center For Research On Race And Ethnicity In Society, Indiana University Northwest, United States, 9 days ago
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ...
Research Fellow Ancient Pathogen Dna And Medium Throughput Genomics Of Modern Salmonella (78443 106) , University of Warwick, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Vacancy Type/Job category Research Only Department Warwick Medical School, Microbiology & Infection Salary £28,982 - £37,768 per annum Location University of Warwick, Coventry Vacancy Overview Res...