DAAD-NRF Joint in-country scholarship programme
The DAAD/ NRF are pleased to announce its Joint In-Country Scholarship programme for Masters and PhD students studying at South African universities in 2013. The programme is based on a partnership between DAAD and the NRF.
- Applicants must be South African citizens or hold permanent residence status in South Africa (in the latter case, both certified proof of university employment and residency must be provided).
- Applicants must have obtained an accumulative grade average of 65% and above to be considered.
- Female candidates and those belonging to historically disadvantaged groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An age limit of 36 years at the time of application applies.
- Applicants may come from all those fields of study that have a strong relevance to the national development of the country. Fields include: the natural sciences, mathematics, ICT, engineering, agricultural sciences, applied social sciences. Humanities and fine arts are excluded from this programme. However, Humanities applications may be considered if the research has a social focus.
- Applicants who already hold a qualification for the level of funding they are applying for are not eligible.
The application deadline at SU for verification is 24th August 2012. Applicants must apply online at:https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za and follow the application procedure set out in the call document.
Should you have any queries with regards to the scholarship requirements or application procedure, please do not hesitate to contact us on the details below.
DAAD Information Centre Johannesburg
Ms Kerynn Dahl
NRF Scholarships and Fellowships
Ms Thashni Maistry
The NRF Supportdesk
Research Fellow In Ethics And Maternal And Child Health, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Based within the Nuffield Department of Population Health, The Ethox Centre is an internationally recognised multidisciplinary bioethics research centre and is a vibrant and intellectually excitin...
Research Assistant (Postdoctoral Position), Georg-August University Göttingen, Germany, 24 days ago
Job posted by Georg-August University Göttingen (05/07/2016 09.41) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter an...
Embo Long Term Fellowship – Calls For Expression Of Interest, UGOT, Sweden, 24 days ago
Job posted by UGOT (05/07/2016 10.29) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. More E...
1 2 Postdoctoral Researchers To Algebra, Number Theory, And Applications Research Group, Aalto University, Finland, 14 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (15/07/2016 16.36) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Postdoctoral Research Scholar, Columbia University, United States, 16 days ago
Requisition Number: 0006924 Field(s) of Specialization: Journalism, Documentary Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scholar Department: 5410- JRN Journalism Department Number: 5410 Location: Mor...
Post Doctoral Fellow: Bioinformatician, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology, Saudi Arabia, 5 days ago
Job Location Saudi Arabia Job Title Post-Doctoral Fellow: Bioinformatician Job Type Academic Job Summary The “Chromatin Biochemistry” laboratory of Prof. Wolfgang Fischle invites applications ...