Undergraduate Program Coordinator/Instructor - Archive
1. Terms of Appointment
Position title: Undergraduate Program Coordinator/Instructor
Appointment percent: 75% (possibility that FTE will increase depending on funding, need and performance)
Type of appointment: Non-Tenure Track Faculty, Career
Duration of appointment: Yearly, renewable contingent upon funding
Annual base range: $40,000 - $60,000
Annual Basis: 12 Month
Starting date: April 1, 2012
The Geography Department seeks a career non-tenure track undergraduate program coordinator/instructor from spring term 2012 (April) to summer term 2014 (June). The successful applicant will advise undergraduate students, manage key program components, and teach in the Geography Department’s undergraduate program. The undergraduate Geography program is designed to teach students to investigate and understand the spatial organization and material character of planet Earth and the physical and human processes that shape its places and landscapes. With a successful review of job performance, the initial contract may be renewed, contingent on availability of funding.
2. Essential functions
- Coordinate, schedule, and assist in development of undergraduate Geography courses
- Coordinate assignments of Graduate Teaching Assistants to undergraduate courses
- Advise undergraduate Geography majors and minors in academic requirements
- Inform and recruit new Geography majors, with attention to encouraging diversity
- Teach Geography courses (typically two to three during the regular academic year)
- Direct and coordinate Geography summer school program
- Provide information on career opportunities for Geography graduates
- Oversee undergraduate Geography internships program
- Direct and promote undergraduate Geography honors society
- Coordinate Geography Awareness Week
- Coordinate Geography commencement ceremony
3. Minimum and Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Geography required; Ph.D. in Geography preferred
- Experience in or strong evidence of potential for excellence in teaching, mentoring, and working with undergraduate students
- Experience in or strong evidence for potential in program coordination and development
4. Description of the University and the Community
The University of Oregon has over 16,000 undergraduate students and approximately 4,000 graduate students. Of these there are 2,706 U.S. students of color and 1,175 international students. The university has an institutional commitment to diversity and multiculturalism, and actively supports this goal. The UO is known for its spirit of cooperation and collaboration, and for its ability to provide a variety of personal and professional opportunities that make a difference.
The University of Oregon is located in Eugene, Oregon, home to more than 145,000 people and Oregon’s third largest city. Within only a few hours’ drive are the ocean beaches, lakes, rivers, forests, high desert, and the Cascade and Coast mountain ranges. The Willamette River runs through the heart of the city and joins the McKenzie River north of town. Mild winters, long growing seasons and few drastic weather changes are characteristic. Eugene has a high percentage of professionals, including doctors, lawyers, architects, and educators, and is home to the Hult Center for the Performing Arts, which regularly hosts the Oregon Bach Festival, the Eugene Symphony, the Eugene Ballet, and the Eugene Opera, among other cultural offerings.
The University of Oregon is a world-class public teaching and research university of 23,000 students located in Eugene. UO is the flagship institution of the Oregon University System and one of only two AAU universities in the Greater Northwest.
5. Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Statement
The successful candidate will have the ability to work effectively with faculty, staff and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds. Candidates who promote and enhance diversity are strongly desired.
The University of Oregon is committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse institution and seeks candidates with demonstrated potential to contribute positively to its diverse community.
Applicants must apply online at Academic Jobs Online https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/1369
Your on-line application must include:
- Cover letter, describing your interests and highlighting your suitability for this position
- Three letters of recommendation
To assure full consideration, applications must be received by March 1, 2012. This position will remain open until filled.
For additional information on the Geography Department please visit our website:
Questions on your application please contact Sonja Anthone at 541-346-4505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. AAEO Diversity Statement from UO Policy Statement
An equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Instructor Of Korean, UO, United States, 1 day ago
Position ID: UO -EALL -KORINSTR [#5797] Position Title: Instructor of Korean Position Type: Non tenure-track faculty Position Location: Eugene, Oregon 97403, United States [map ] Subject Area: ...
Pool Adjunct Instructor, UO, United States, 3 days ago
Position ID: UO -Department of Psychology -POOLINST2015 [#5790, 150614] Position Title: Pool Adjunct Instructor Position Location: Eugene, Oregon 97403, United States [map ] Subject Area: Psych...
Pool Research Assistant, Associate; And, Postdoctoral Research Associate, UO, United States, 3 days ago
Position ID: UO -Department of Psychology -RESEARCH2015 [#5789, 150613] Position Title: Pool Research Assistant, Associate; and, Postdoctoral Research Associate Position Location: Eugene, Oregon...
Assistant Or Associate Professor Of Accounting, UO, United States, 3 days ago
Assistant or Associate Professor of Accounting Charles H. Lundquist College of Business University of Oregon Position The Department of Accounting, Lundquist College of Business, University of Ore...
10015752 Lecturer In Human Geography, University of Portsmouth, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Faculty of Science Department of Geography Lecturer in Human Geography Employment type: Permanent Employment basis: Full time Salary: £33,242 - £36,309 per annum Position number: 10015752 Date ...
Lecturer In Quantitative Health Geography, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 24 days ago
Lecturer in Geography (Quantitative Health Geography) Department of Geography • Full-time at 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE) • Fixed term 3 year position We are seeking an individual t...