The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Robertson Scholars Leadership Program Scholarship Ugca2000, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 17 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 22/05/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2018 Value $200,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (minim...
3 Ph D Positions At Aix Marseille University Offered By The Ph D Program In Neuroscience, Aix-Marseille University, France, 21 days ago
In 2017, the PhD program in Integrative and Clinical Neurosciences at Aix-Marseille University will grant 3 PhD scholarships to Master graduates students from top ranked non-French universities on ...
Ph D Studentship (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
Applications are invited for a three-year PhD studentship position funded by the Department of Pathology to start from October 2017. Funding will cover the student's stipend at the current Resear...
Dream New Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 11 hours ago
Value: Varies - up to NZD$ 12,500(approx. 7,500 €) Tenure of award: “Dream NEW” Scholarships are valued at up to NZD$12,500 (approx. 7,500 €) and will support you to study at one of New Zealand’s ...
Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships In South Africa And Sri Lanka, Massey University, New Zealand, about 2 hours ago
Back to results Closing date: 30/06/2017 These Commonwealth Scholarships give talented students - who can be from any Commonwealth country other than the host country - the opportunity to gain a d...
Re Advertisement 2 Fully Funded (3 Year) Ph D Positions In Information Retrieval At The University Of Copenhagen, Denmark, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 24 hours ago
At the Information Retrieval Lab of the Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen we develop models and algorithms that allow computers to retrieve and analyse large-scale text. App...