The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Ph D Scholarship In Rheumatology, University of Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Funding Body: NHMRC Title: PhD Scholarship in Rheumatology Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship with the department of Rheum...
Sir Robert Jones Scholarship For Women From Refugee Backgrounds, Massey University, New Zealand, 26 days ago
Closing date: to be announced Sir Robert Jones has established a scholarship fund to assist young women from refugee backgrounds to complete a university degree or tertiary qualification from an a...
Massey University Queen Elizabeth Ii Diamond Jubilee Trust Pasifika Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 19 days ago
Closing dates: 30/08/2016 28/02/2017 28/02/2018 28/02/2019 28/02/2020 Purpose The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Trust provides New Zealanders with a special opportunity to pay tribute...
Ph D Scholar, The University of Queensland, Australia, 26 days ago
Mater Research Mater Research is a world-class medical research institute based in South Brisbane, Australia. Mater Research has had a presence at Mater hospitals for many years, first establishe...
Ph D Studentship:Estimating Energy Efficiency Of Applications On Hpc Resources, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, about 9 hours ago
As high performance computing is becoming as one of the core and enabling technology for all domains of sciences, the energy footprint of the large-scale scientific applications is also becoming a...
Global Outreach Scholarship Co Ordinator, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 24 days ago
Unitec is creating a world-class, future-focused learning and teaching environment and we're inviting motivated, creative people to join us! The global tertiary education market is highly competit...