The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Master's And Doctoral Degree Programs(Sponsored By Korean Government Scholarship Program, Kgsp) At The Dept. Of Biomedical Gerontology, Hallym University, South Korea, Hallym University, South Korea, 9 days ago
The Dept. of Biomedical Gerontology, Graduate School, Hallym University is looking for applicants passionate and competent in research for the best Korean scholarship for graduate studies, sponsore...
Ph D Scholarship Top Up, The University of Queensland, Australia, 9 days ago
Apply now Job no:500322 Area:Faculty of Medicine Salary (FTE):Research Scholar BAND Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: Brisbane Exciting opportunities exist for students wishing to pursue...
Forest 3 D Characterization Using Sar Tomography: Techniques And Applications, University of Rennes 1, France, 17 days ago
Forest 3-D characterization using SAR tomography: techniques and applicationshttps://www.ietr.fr/IMG/pdf/sujet_these/PhD_CNES_Forest_SAR_tomography_en.pdfSAR tomography is a coherent imaging ...
Environmental Finance Funding Intern, UNC-Chapel Hill, United States, about 9 hours ago
Classification Title: Environmental Finance Funding Intern Working Title: Environmental Finance Funding Intern Campus: UNC-Chapel Hill Region: Piedmont/Triangle Job Summary: The School of Governme...
Ph D Scholarship Within Algorithms, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 8 hours ago
The Department of Computer Science, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, seeks applications for a PhD scholarship within algorithms, supervised by Professor Mikkel Thorup. Other research areas in th...
Modelling And Analytics For Medicine And Life Sciences Doctoral Training Centre: Ph D Scholarship The Impact Of Gyrification On Cortical Activity, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, about 14 hours ago
ReferenceSCI1713Closing DateThursday, 30th March 2017DepartmentMathematical Sciences Supervisors: · Dr. Daniele Avitabile (School of Mathematical Sciences) · Prof. Stamatios Sotiro...