The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Scholarship Awards Scholarshipowl, , Worldwide, 12 days ago
3 scholarships: - http://scholarshipowl.com/awards/semester - http://scholarshipowl.com/awards/social-participation - http://scholarshipowl.com/awards/achievement EVERYONE IS EL...
Mckenzie Music Therapy Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award The New Zealand Society for Music Therapy (Music Therapy New Ze...
Doctor Of Dental Surgery Program For January 2015, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran, 4 days ago
To all interested applicants for Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) program, 2015 - 2016 academic year:It is our pleasure to inform you that TUMS will accept the most qualified and interested applic...
Australian War Memorial :Summer Vacation Scholarships For History Students, Flinders University, Australia, 22 days ago
Opening Date: 01-09-2014 Closing Date: 10-10-2014 DESCRIPTION The Australian War Memorial provides one or more Summer Vacation Scholarships for history students in the third or fourth year of an u...
Phd Studentship In Modern Jewish History And Culture, Leo Baeck Institute, London, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
John A. S. Grenville PhD Studentship in Modern Jewish History and Culture The Leo Baeck Institute London is pleased to offer a 3-year John A. S. Grenville studentship for an outstanding doctoral c...
Leverhulme Funded Studentship Cotúa Island Orinoco Reflexive Archaeology Project (Venezuela) Leverhulme Funded Ph D Studentship, Ref:1440776, University College London, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Institute of Archaeology Duration of Studentship 3 Years Stipend £15,726 per annum Vacancy Information The Leverhulme Trust is funding a PhD studentship as part of a new ...