The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Danielle Sirmai Memorial Award Ugtr1035, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 4 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date 31/08/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2015 Value $5,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For One ...
Grace Groom Memorial Scholarship », Australian National University, Australia, 13 days ago
Overview The Grace Groom Memorial Scholarship has been established from a donation by the Mental Health Australia Ltd in memory of Grace Groom. The purpose of the Scholarship is to provide financi...
Chris Towns France Scholarship, Cultural Experience Abroad (CEA), Europe, 7 days ago
Description Looking for help on financing your study abroad program? Below you will find several unique scholarship opportunities available to CEA Global Education students. These scholarships are...
Industry Engagement Ph D Scholarship, Disability Access And Inclusion, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 5 days ago
The MARCIA concept is an aspirational status, devised by the City of Bunbury. Bunbury is a large regional city in Western Australia, part of the Greater Bunbury area, with a population of 81,000. ...
Ph D Studentships In Economics Funded By The Leverhulme Trust, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
View All Vacancies Economics Location: Guildford Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: Friday 31 July 2015 Reference: 039815 Research Area & Supervision The Faculty of Business, Economics and Law...
Paul Doneley Memorial Scholarship Ugce1026, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 3 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers, First year students, Second year students, Third year and above, Postgraduate students Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date 30/11/2015 For commencement ...