The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
2016/2017 Ph D Scholarships Are Available For Research In Chemistry And Chemical Biology, Macquarie University, Australia, 18 days ago
Scholarship stipend: $26,288/annum + all tuition fees for 3 (PhD) or 4 (MRes/PhD bundle) yearsClosing Date: July 31, 2016Requirements: an outstanding academic record a his...
Ph D With Top Up Funding, Monash University , Australia, 20 days ago
An exciting PhD opportunity is available with the Monash University Brain & Mental Health Laboratory. Current treatments for compulsive disorders (addictions and obsessive compulsive disor...
Two Apai Ph D Research Scholarships For Australian/New Zealand And International Students, University of New South Wales, Australia, 25 days ago
University of New South WalesSchool of Civil and Environmental EngineeringCentre for Infrastructure Engineering & SafetyandWestern Sydney University Institute for Infrastructure Engineerin...
International Summer School On Epidemiology, , Iran, about 1 month ago
IntroductionIDEE (Iranisch-Deutsches Epidemiologie Engagement) is a German-Iranian initiative to strengthen international cooperation in Field Epidemiology Training Programme (FETP) and public heal...
Brain Korea (Bk)Scholarship Program For Graduate Study In South Korea, Chosun University, South Korea, 17 days ago
There is an opening for Brain Korea Scholarship for a Ph.D. program with the following research focus areas:Computer Architecture (Advisor: Prof. Jeong-A Lee, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org )High-perf...
Ph D Studentship Scheduling And Re Scheduling Of Nurses In An Oncology Department: A Multi Objective Approach., IÉSEG School of Management, France, 11 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (18/05/2016 16.02) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...