The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Ph D – Neuropsychology/Psychiatry: An Investigation Of The Neural Substrates Underlying Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Induced Memory Changes , University of New South Wales, Australia, 20 days ago
The Sydney Neurostimulation Centre (SyNC) located within the Black Dog Institute, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia is seeking a Ph.D student to undertake research investigating how ...
Ph D Intellectual Disability, Mental Health And Offending, University of New South Wales, Australia, 22 days ago
An interdisciplinary Scholarship is offered between the Department of Developmental Disability Neuropsychiatry (3DN) http://3dn.unsw.edu.au/ within the School of Psychiatry, UNSW Medicine, and the ...
Two Ph D Scholarships In The Field Of Machine Learning, Computer Vision And Bio Medical Big Data Analytics, Macau University of Science and Technology, Macau, 16 days ago
Two three-year PhD positions are available at the Faculty of Information Technology, Macau University of Science and Technology. The candidates who are awarded the scholarships wll commence their P...
Ph D Studentship In Modelling And Development Of Additive Manufacture Of Metal Alloys, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 26 minutes ago
Two PhD projects are available in the Materials Group of the Department of Engineering, University of Cambridge, co supervised by Dr Graham McShane and Dr Hugh Shercliff. Both projects are for 3.5...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Improving Outcomes In Chronic Kidney Disease, University of Sydney, Australia, about 1 hour ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Improving Outcomes in Chronic Kidney Disease Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-ti...
Ph D Studentship First Principles Calculation Of Physical Properties Via Machine Learning, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
ReferenceSCI1689Closing DateSunday, 30th April 2017DepartmentMathematical Sciences Dr Richard Graham (Maths) and Dr Richard Wheatley (Chemistry) The physical properties of all substances are deter...