The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Csiro Postgraduate Scholarships , CSIRO, Australia, 17 days ago
•Are you passionate about a career in science?•Access CSIRO's world-class facilities•Apply for a CSIRO PhD Scholarship now!Each year, CSIRO supports PhD Scholarships for students to work on project...
Ph D Opportunity: Engineered Extrasynaptic Gabaa Receptors: Towards Novel Analgesics., The University of Sydney, Faculty of Pharmacy, Australia, 13 days ago
We are an ion-channel pharmacology and drug discovery lab lead by A/Prof Thomas Balle, A/Prof Philip Ahring & Prof Mary Collins and we have recently secured a linkage grant titled : Engin...
Vision Mātauranga Deep South Challenge Masters Scholarship (By Thesis), Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 23 days ago
Value: Up to NZ $20,000 (Masters by thesis) Please see additional information Tenure of award: One year Closing dates for applications: 27 October 2016 27 October 2017 27 October each year Number ...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Future Grids, University of Sydney, Australia, 3 days ago
Funding Body: CSIRO/ARC Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Future Grids Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A postgraduate research scholarship is availa...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Future Grids, University of Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Future Grids Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A postgraduate research scholarshi...
Merck Sereno Ph D Scholarship In Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
Funding Body: Merck Sereno Title: Merck Sereno PhD Scholarship in Medicine Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship is available...