The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Trudeau Foundation Scholarship , University College London, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Trudeau Foundation Scholarship The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation provides up to 15 scholarships annually to prospective and current MPhil/PhD students who carry out research in areas related ...
Menzies Scholarships To Harvard, Australian National University, Australia, 28 days ago
Overview Sponsored by The Harvard Club of Australia, The Menzies Foundation and The Australian National University. The Robert Gordon Menzies Scholarships to Harvard are Australia's most prestigio...
Jean Ginsburg Scholarship , University College London, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Jean Ginsburg Memorial Foundation Scholarship Founded in 2006 in memory of Dr Jean Ginsburg by the Jean Ginsburg Memorial Foundation At Oxford Dr Ginsburg did her preclinical work and an honours d...
Hollier Graduate Scholarship In Greek , University College London, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Postgraduate Funding AHRC Career Development Loans UCL Graduate School Awards Wolfson Studentships Departmental Studentships Other Sources Scholarships for Greek Students AHRC AWARDS To be eligibl...
Ricardo Scholarship , University College London, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Sources of Funding Institute for Fiscal Studies For more information please visit the IFS website . Ricardo Scholarships A maximum of TWO (2) scholarships known as the Ricardo Scholarships may be ...
The Newcastle Law Society Ralph Coolahan Scholarship, The University of Newcastle, Australia, 28 days ago
Establishment This scholarship was established by the Newcastle Law Society to assist students in their fourth or final year of study in the Bachelor of Laws/Diploma of Legal Practice at the Unive...