The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Tu Delft Architecture B&T Ph D Call Info, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 16 days ago
BORDERS&TERRITORIESOpen Invitation for PhD Dissertation Proposalssession #05 Thursday 04 June 2015INTRODUCTIONUnder the auspices of the Graduate School of the Faculty of Architecture and t...
Sir James Dunn Animal Welfare Graduate Scholarship, University of Prince Edward Island, Canada, 9 days ago
The Sir James Dunn Animal Welfare Centre at the Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, is very pleased to announce a new animal welfare graduate scholarship. The Sir James...
Ph D Position In Cancer Biology, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany, 23 days ago
Job posted by Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg (02/04/2015 17.10) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the Europ...
Colin Aiken Plant Breeding Bursary, Massey University, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Closing date: 01/08/2015 The Colin Aiken Plant Breeding Bursary was established in 2015 to promote plant breeding as a career. It was set up in association with South Pacific Seed Sales (NZ) Ltd w...
Marcus Kitt/ Colliers International Bursary, Massey University, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Closing dates: 15/10/2015 15/10/2016 15/10/2017 Introduction The bursary was established in 2014, and is financed by Colliers International New Zealand Limited. The initial term of the bursary...
Ph D Position “Analysis Of Agricultural Policies In The Russian Federation”, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies, Germany, 15 days ago
Job posted by Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (10/04/2015 09.54) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively i...