The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Alzheimer’s Australia Dementia Research Foundation Ph D Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Funding Body: Alzheimer’s Australia Dementia Research Foundation Title: Alzheimer’s Australia Dementia Research Foundation PhD Scholarships Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences; Health Sci...
Craig Buck Andrews Ph D Scholarship In Financial Reporting & Financial Mgmt, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 21 days ago
Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award The Craig Buck Andrews PhD Scholarship in Financial Reporting and Financial Management is an end...
Ph D Scholarship On “Molecular Biology Of Foot And Mouth Disease Virus”, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 10 days ago
Apply no later than 22 October 2014 Apply for the job at DTU Vet by completing the following form. Apply online The section for virology strives to increase the current knowledge of new and existi...
Cpa Australia Cpa Program Scholarship 2014 15, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 21 days ago
Scholarship Overview The scholarship entitles recipients to exemption from all CPA Program professional level segments fees. The award covers course fees starting from the date awarded. Guidance f...
The Charles Allan Seymour Hawker Memorial Scholarship Trust Fund :Charles Allan Seymour Hawker Memorial Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, 9 days ago
DESCRIPTION The Charles Allan Seymour Hawker Memorial Scholarship Trust Fund was established by the late Kathleen Lilias Needham to perpetuate the memory of her late brother Charles Allan Seymour ...
Ph D Scholarship On “Molecular Biology Of Foot And Mouth Disease Virus”, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 9 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (23/09/2014 09.40) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Ph D Scholarship Autism Intervention Trust Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 29 days ago
Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award It is known that early intensive behavioural intervention is recommended for children with autis...
Fuji Xerox Masters Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 23 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award Fuji Xerox has established a research scholarship as part of a ...
Sydney Eye Hospital Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
Funding Body: Save Eye Institute Title: Sydney Eye Hospital Foundation Postgraduate Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate sch...
Ph D Position In Geology, Stockholm University, Sweden, 16 days ago
PhD position in Geology at the Department of Geological Sciences. Reference number SU FV-2621-14. Deadline for applications: November 20, 2014. Title Field, petrological and geochemical studies of...