The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Masters Degree Online, Laureate Online Education, United States, 23 days ago
www.university-liverpool-online.com/online-learning/scholarshipThe University of Liverpool Achievers Scholarship offers talented professionals around the world a unique opportunity to earn a ...
Osher Scholarship, University of Missouri, United States, 28 days ago
Minimum qualifications Be an MU student admitted to your first baccalaureate degree. (The scholarship is not available to those seeking a second bachelor's or graduate degree.) Be a U.S. citizen o...
Ph D Position On Sustainable Concrete Recycling Engineered Steel Slags, KU Leuven (University of Leuven), Belgium, 17 days ago
Building Materials and Building Technology Research Division conducts fundamental and applied research on ancient/traditional/novel cementitious binders, sustainable and durable construction materi...
Pinnacle Foundation Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia, 11 days ago
Scholarships will be provided for 16-24 year old LGBTIQ* students who desire to undertake full-time education at a public or private secondary school (final year) or public institution of higher e...
My Projector Lamps Australia Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 16 days ago
MyProjectorLamps.com announces a biannual scholarship and will award $500 to two students who best explore a topic we select. If you are a student and are interested in this scholarship opportunit...
Two Fully Funded Ph D Positions On Services Computing At Cmu Silicon Valley, Carnegie Mellon University, United States, 19 days ago
Carnegie Mellon University - Silicon Valley campus is pleased to announce two Ph.D students positions under Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) department, to start in January 2016.Advis...