The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Maniapoto Maori Trust Scholarships, Massey University, New Zealand, 20 days ago
Closing date: 06/05/2016 A number of grants are available each year from the Maniapoto Maori Trust Board. The Maniapoto Maori Trust Board welcomes applicants for Grants and Scholarships for 2016. ...
James Macintosh Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 1 month ago
Value: $5,000 per annum. Tenure of award: * One or years on the recommendation of the Scholarships Committee and based on academic achievement during their study at Victoria University. * In some ...
Pavlos Condellis Scholarship, Grant Finder, Netherlands, 10 days ago
Value and purpose of grant: The Pavlos Condellis Scholarship will cover the living costs (at a set rate) during a period of 24 months plus tuition fees and insurance. The grant does not include co...
Victoria Master's [By Thesis] Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 1 month ago
Scholarship detail Victoria Master's [by thesis] Scholarship Value: $15,000 plus domestic tuition fees. Tenure of award: One year. Closing dates for applications: 01 November 2016 01 November 2017...
Ph D Vacancy (4 Years) On Multi Scale Fatigue Damage Modelling Of Unidirectional Fibre Reinforced Composites, Ghent University, Belgium, 12 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (20/04/2016 16.23) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D Scholarship In The Field Of Strategy And Organization 2016 Bapftewef082, Universiteit Antwerpen, Belgium, 20 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (12/04/2016 17.31) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...