The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Awards, Christian Brothers University, United States, 8 days ago
The CBU Alumni Association Awards program began in 1974 with the Distinguished Alumnus Award, and was expanded in the mid-80s to include the Service Awards and the Distinguished Young Alumnus Awar...
Ph D Position: Development Of Small Organic Molecules As Bromodomain Ligands For Cancer Treatment, University of Zurich. Prof. Dr. Cristina Nevado's group, Switzerland, 24 days ago
PhD position OpenSubject AreasOrganic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Drug DesignContactDr. Andrea Unzueemail: firstname.lastname@example.orgSupervisorProf. Dr. Cristina NevadoBromodomains are classified...
Ceibs Summer Pre Mba Boot Camp, CEIBS , China, 17 days ago
The Competition - Deadline 27 May 2015The CEIBS Summer Pre-MBA BootCamp is the ideal program to let “you get your toes wet” before you take the dive. As part of an elite group of participants, you ...
Bette Allison Memorial Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 13 days ago
The purpose of the Bette Allison Memorial Scholarship is to provide female students financial support with their studies in the area of Exercise and Sports Science. Bette Allison lectured at Grayl...
Care Leavers Bursary , University College London, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Undergraduate Access Awards Important Information for All Applicants In 1826 the founders of UCL planned that the new university should admit those students who could benefit from education withou...
Bassett Downs Honours Scholarship In Glass », Australian National University, Australia, 1 day ago
Overview The Bassett Downs Endowment will provide funds for the Bassett Downs Scholarship for Glass to promote excellence in glass craft skills and will be awarded every second year. The Scholarsh...