The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Three Full Time Ph D Students In The Field Of Question Answering On Interlinked Datasets, Bonn University, Germany, 20 days ago
The successful candidates will carry out research towards a PhD on one of the following topics: (1) Effectively and efficiently supporting dataset maintainers in semi-automatically cleaning and enr...
E Bufton Bursary , University College London, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Scholarships and funding UCL offers a range of financial awards aimed at assisting both prospective and current students with their studies. Scholarships Search Level of study Undergraduate Gradua...
Phd Positions In Hydrogeology /Water Resources Management , Water Resources Institute, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Two Phd projects in hydrogeology starting in June 2015 or, supervised by Prof. Howard Anderson and Prof. M.K. Walter at Newly established collaborative Water Resources Institute, Nether...
Wens Lab Kit Ph D/M Sc Scholarship For Fall 2015, Wens Lab, South Korea, 4 days ago
Kindly Post the following scholarship on your website.Scholarship Name : WENS LAB KIT PhD/MSc Scholarship for Fall 2015Scholarship Description: We are always interested in RECRUITING gra...
Rotary Postgraduate Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 3 days ago
The purpose of the Global Grant Scholarship program is to support international study at the graduate level. This grant model builds on the very best of Rotary's Ambassadorial Scholar history. R...
Up To Six Ph D Positions In Business Studies, Uppsala University, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Uppsala University is an international research university focused on the development of science and education. Our most important assets are all the individuals who with their curiosity and their...