The scholarship provides $32,000 to support graduate education. The student will receive an initial $2,000 during the senior year and the remaining $30,000 is distributed within a two to five year period while the student completes graduate studies. Nominees are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose.Eligibility:
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a college junior pursuing a bachelor's degree during the 2010-11 academic year.
- Plan to pursue graduate studies in the arts, humanities or social sciences.
- Must be a United States citizen or a United States national.
- Must have received need-based financial aid during undergraduate career (See the Beinecke Scholarship website for information regarding acceptable documentation).
- Must have a 3.8 GPA, or higher.
Visit the Beinecke Scholarship Website.
A 4-page description of the Beinecke Scholarship Program can be downloaded here (pdf).
The Program Brochure can be downloaded here (pdf).
Any junior interested in becoming UNC's Beinecke nominee will need to prepare a preliminary application and submit it to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships, 225 Graham Memorial Hall, CB #3510, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3510 by January 17, 2011. The UNC nominee will be selected in late January and his or her final application will be due, at the Foundation, by the beginning of March, 2011.
Please submit one copy of each of the following items (single sided, unstapeled) to the UNC Office of Distinguished Scholarships, with the exception of the letters of recommendation which should be sent directly to our office from the recommender:
- A completed Application Form.
- Resume listing college awards and honors, extracurricular activities, community service, and employment experience.
- Personal Statement of 1000 words or less, describing your background, interests, plans for graduate study, and career aspirations. The statement should include discussion of some experiences and ideas that have shaped those interests, plans, and aspirations.
- UNC transcript and a transcript from any other college that you have attended. (You may request, from the Registrar, at no cost, an internal transcript, to be sent to our office in 225 Graham Memorial. This request must be made at least 5 days prior to the deadline.)
- Financial Aid Form. Applicants should consult with the Office of Financial Aid about adequately fulfilling this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation. It is your responsibility to arrange for three letters of recommendation, from University faculty who are familiar with your academic ability and who can discuss your promise as a Beinecke nominee, be sent to the Office of Distinguished Scholarships. The Office of Distinguished Scholarships suggests applicants provide this letter, or a version of it, to all those whom you ask to write recommendations.
Undergraduate Scholarship Program For International Students In Shiraz, Iran, 2017 2018, Shiraz University of Medical sciences, Iran, 12 days ago
Undergraduate Scholarship Program for International Students in Shiraz, Iran, 2017-2018Description: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will award a variety of scholarships to the applicants demo...
Ph D Studentships In Mri And Big Data, University of London, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and St George’s, University of London (SGUL) have formed the London Intercollegiate Doctoral Training Partnership (MRC LID), which is funded...
Ph D Fellowship/Scholarship: Global Analysis Of Trade Related Emissions, Aarhus University, Denmark, about 1 month ago
Project title: GATE: Global Analysis of Trade-related Emissions Research area and project description:Nowadays most of existing environmental assessments neglect any emissions embodied in trad...
Graduate Assistantships In Cello And Viola, Ohio University College of Fine Arts, United States, about 1 month ago
We are actively seeking to recruit a graduate-level cellist and a graduate-level violist who could join Ohio University’s Graduate String Quartet next academic year. As a member of this ensemb...
Two Ph D Positions Available In The Field Of Organic And Organometallic Materials Chemistry , Macquarie University, Australia, 28 days ago
Two PhD Positions (#2016356 and #2016357) available in the field of Organic and Organometallic Materials Chemistry The group of A/Prof. Koushik Venkatesan will move to Macquarie Universi...
Indigenous Access Scholarships (Ias), University of Southern Queensland, Australia, 4 days ago
Due to changes in funding guidelines for the Commonwealth Indigenous Scholarships, the scholarships that USQ offers in 2017 will be different from previous years. Applications will open late Janua...