Sponsored Research Analyst II, Administration **(Internal Candidates Only)**
Sponsored Research Accounting - 884
The Sponsored Research Accounting department (SRA) performs the central post-award accounting and financial administration functions for the University's sponsored awards. SRA provided in FY11 accounting services and oversight of $291 million sponsored expenditures across more than 1,400 sponsored awards.
The Sponsored Research Analyst II, Administration is responsible for ensuring accuracy and timeliness in meeting the financial reporting requirements for sponsored research contracts and grants. The Sponsored Research Analyst II, Administration will be responsible for interfacing with and assisting assigned departments with the financial processing and management of sponsored research grants and subcontracts.
This position reports to the Manager of Sponsored Research Accounting, Administration. This is a customer service oriented position and will be a primary point of contact for the assigned departments for grant related questions, and for monitoring of cost transfers, cost sharing, and various costs for allowability. This position will also have a variety of advanced knowledge skills for addressing specialized departmental requirements and departments with large grant volume, and performing a "hybrid" role to assist with cash management functions.
Administration of sponsored research projects at Princeton University is shared among the academic department where the research is being performed, the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA) and Sponsored Research Accounting. As a result, there is a daily and primary working relationship with department managers and their assistants and with ORPA personnel. There is daily contact with other personnel within the Office of Finance and Treasury regarding the processing of financial information on the projects.
Principal Duties include the following:
- Interface with ORPA, University Departments, and sponsors as needed to resolve outstanding issues providing good customer service. Process customer-facing transactions such as A/P Voucher review, cost transfer review, cost sharing review, cost allowability review, and prepare all required financial reports prior to due date for a portfolio of departments within the University
- Complete the close-out process by the required due date including final report, ensure final billing, release and assignment forms, and all close-out checklist procedures as needed. Reconciliation and closeout of interest-bearing accounts on all projects within the given porfolio
- Assist Cash Management Team as needed, with tasks including but not limited to building the DOD Cap Monthly file, preparing monthly Letters of Credit and quarterly aggregate Financial Reports for submission through special federal government systems
- Special project requests from the managers, or Director, as needed. May participate in audits, training of Interns, or training to campus customers
- Function as a team player. Leverage special historical knowledge to provide guidance to other analysts. Seek guidance as needed from managers and peers
- Annual review of costs in preparation for year end close
- Bachelor's or equivalent years of related experience or Associate's degree
- 4 to 6 years of related experience, or Bachelor's degree and 2 to 4 years of related experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to read and understand government grant and contract language and understand federal rules and regulations
- There is a high degree of confidentiality in this role and there must be some ability to work independently. Interpersonal and customer service skills are needed to work with multiple departments and sponsoring agencies. This position must adapt well to change and continuous learning and improvement
- Proficiency in the following competencies: customer focus, functional/technical skills, communication, action oriented/drive for results and peer relationship and collaboration
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Prior grant experience
- Knowledge of Labor Accounting, Electronic Salary Certification, PeopleSoft, Coeus, Data Mall/Cognos, Microsoft Access and several on line sponsor systems as well as Federal regulations unique to post award sponsored research.
Sponsored Research Analyst II, Administration
Administrative or Professional
Actual Hours per Week, if casual hourly
Pay Rate, if Casual Hourly
Work Schedule, if other than standard hours
Eligible for Overtime
Other-see essential qualifications
Instructions for Applying
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Proposed Start Date
End Date, if a Term Appointment
Comments related to end date:
People Transport And Mobility Coordinator, CERN, Switzerland, 24 days ago
IntroductionMobility Coordinator in the General Infrastructure Services Department (GS), Integrated Services Group (IS), Site Services Section (SIS). CERN hosts more than 10 000 users an...
Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Toronto, Canada, about 1 month ago
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Socially Assistive Robots Applicants are sought for a postdoctoral position in socially assistive robots for eldercare. The project focuses on the development of the...
Assistant/Associate Professor Quality Improvement & Patient Safety, University of Toronto, Canada, 27 days ago
Assistant / Associate Professor – Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Job Field: Tenure Stream Faculty / Division: Dalla Lana School of Public Health Department: Institute of Heal...
Research Adm, Post Award Mgr, Emory University, United States, 23 days ago
Job Title Research Adm, Post-Award Mgr Job Requisition ID 54883BR Operating Unit/Division School Of Public Health Department 810014:SPH: Research Admin Full/Part Time Full-Time Regular/Tempor...
Visiting Scientist Under Brainpool Program, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea, 12 days ago
Position:Visiting Scientist under Brain Pool programInvitation Period:1 Year ( Application period : December 2015, Evaluation: January/February 2016 Result: February ...
16 Doctoral Researcher Positions At Leibniz Science Campus Infecto Optics, Hans-Knöll-Institut Jena, Germany, 12 days ago
At the Leibniz ScienceCampus InfectoOptics in Jena scientists work closely together in a trans-disciplinary approach aiming to develop urgently needed tools for the diagnosis and therapy of infecti...