Sponsored Research Analyst I, Administration
Sponsored Research Accounting - 884
The Sponsored Research Accounting department (SRA) performs the central post-award accounting and financial administration functions for the University's sponsored awards. SRA provided in FY11 accounting services and oversight of $291 million sponsored expenditures across more than 1,400 sponsored awards.
The Sponsored Research Analyst I, Administration is responsible for ensuring accuracy and timeliness in meeting the financial reporting requirements for sponsored research contracts and grants. The Sponsored Research Analyst I, Administration will be responsible for interfacing with and assisting assigned departments with the financial processing and management of sponsored research grants and subcontracts.
This position reports to the Manager of Sponsored Research Accounting, Administration. This is a customer service oriented position and will be a primary point of contact for the assigned departments for grant related questions, and for monitoring of cost transfers, cost sharing, and various costs for allowability.
Administration of sponsored research projects at Princeton University is shared among the academic department where the research is being performed, the Office of Research and Project Administration (ORPA) and Sponsored Research Accounting. As a result, there is a daily and primary working relationship with department managers and their assistants and with ORPA personnel. There is daily contact with other personnel within the Office of Finance and Treasury regarding the processing of financial information on the projects.
Principal Duties include the following:
- Interface with ORPA, University Departments, and sponsors as needed to resolve outstanding issues providing good customer service. Process customer-facing transactions such as A/P Voucher review, cost transfer review, cost sharing review, cost allowability review, and prepare all required financial reports prior to due date for a portfolio of departments within the University.
- Complete the close-out process by the required due date including final report, ensure final billing, release and assignment forms, and all close-out checklist procedures as needed. Reconciliation and closeout of interest-bearing accounts on all projects within the given porfolio.
- Special project requests from the managers, or Director, as needed. May participate in audits, training of Interns, or training to campus customers.
- Function as a team player. Seek guidance and provide support as needed from other analysts and managers.
- Annual review of costs on grants in preparation for year end close.
- Bachelor's or equivalent years of related experience or Associate's degree.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience, or Bachelor's degree and 1 to 3 years of related experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Ability to read and understand government grant and contract language and understand federal rules and regulations.
- There is a high degree of confidentiality in this role and there must be some ability to work independently. Interpersonal and customer service skills are needed to work with multiple departments and sponsoring agencies. This position must adapt well to change and continuous learning and improvement.
- Proficiency in the following competencies: customer focus, functional/technical skills, communication, action oriented/drive for results and peer relationship and collaboration.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Prior grant experience.
- Knowledge of Labor Accounting, Electronic Salary Certification, PeopleSoft, Coeus, Data Mall/Cognos, and several on line sponsor systems as well as Federal regulations unique to post award sponsored research.
- Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Access.
The final candidate will be required successfully pass a background check.
Sponsored Research Analyst I, Administration
Administrative or Professional
Actual Hours per Week, if casual hourly
Pay Rate, if Casual Hourly
Work Schedule, if other than standard hours
Eligible for Overtime
Other-see essential qualifications
Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.
Instructions for Applying
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Proposed Start Date
End Date, if a Term Appointment
Comments related to end date:
The Identification Of Biomarkers That Correlate With Clinical Outcome In Mitochondrial Neurogastrointestinal Encephalomyopathy, St George's University of London, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Clinical trials require a validated primary endpoint measure to assess the efficacy of treatment. Designing clinical trials for rare diseases presents considerable challenges due to low patient num...
Research Administration Trainee, Johns Hopkins University, United States, 5 days ago
General Description The research enterprise at Johns Hopkins University is in constant need of qualified administrative staff (approximately 5-8 positions) with specialized knowledge and skills re...
Postdoctoral Position On Structure Preserving Graph Signal Processing, University of Caen, France, 27 days ago
Postdoctoral position on structure-preserving graph signal processing----------------------------------------------------------------------Framework:----------The postdoctoral position is funded un...
Clin Research Finance Mgr, Sr, Emory University, United States, 19 days ago
700300:Office for Clinical Research 68056BR Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: This is a central university department job, reporting to the Office for Clinical Research (OCR). Responsible for budge...
Research Adm, Post Award Mgr, Emory University, United States, 4 days ago
720502:SOM: Medicine RAS 68380BR Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Research Administration Services (RAS), Department of Medicine unit Director, leads and supervises all staff per...
Research Fellow (78995 017) , University of Warwick, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Vacancy Type/Job category Research Only Department Life Sciences Salary £29,301 - £38,183 per annum Location University of Warwick Vacancy Overview Fixed term contract to 31st October 2017(subject...