Senior Research Specialist/Ivy League Research Coordinator
Council of Ivy Grp Presidents - 500
The Ivy League athletic conference is conducting a study to assess the frequency, severity and health impacts of concussions incurred during regular sports practice and competition in order to discover ways to minimize their occurrence, severity and harm, and maximize the use of effective diagnosis and treatment.
The Ivy League Research Coordinator is a part-time position (50%), responsible for coordinating Ivy League research and related projects, primarily related to the diagnosis, management, and effects of concussion. The position involves coordinating and conducting qualitative and quantitative research to monitor and analyze the incidence, circumstances, treatments and consequences of concussion that occur during practice and competition. Responsibilities include designing standardized cross-sport and cross-school data collection protocols in collaboration with designated research assistants at the eight Ivy League schools; providing written and oral reports of research findings and recommendations; and coordinating meetings of research groups.
1. Develop common standards for defining, collecting, compiling and reporting relevant data.
2. Design questionnaires, databases, and other methods to regularly collect, store, and organize quantitative data.
3. Coordinate collection of data by research assistants at remote sites.
4. Perform duties related to data collection in other projects as assigned.
1. Organize and compile the data, oversee data entry procedures.
2. Work with designated team/campus representatives and team physicians to validate and compile data reported from the 8 campus, with ongoing data quality review.
3. Routinely evaluate/review incoming data to assess and assure standardized campus data collection and assure data quality/completeness.
4. Perform duties related to data compilation in other projects as assigned.
1. Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to address the major questions of this field study, including making critical observations of analyses or data and identifying patterns in the data.
2. Perform duties related to data analysis in other projects as assigned.
Reporting and presentation of data
1. Prepare clearly written technical and analytical reports in collaboration with the team physicians.
2. Create and deliver professional presentations on research and evaluation results.
3. Perform duties related to data reports and presentations as assigned.
1. Assist with the Ivy League's research collaboration with the Big Ten conference.
2. Assist with other collaborative efforts as needed.
- Master's degree in epidemiology or related field and 3-5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of bachelor's degree, relevant graduate level course work (including methodological coursework) and experience.
-Clear understanding of the research process acquired through both practical and academic experience.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative/qualitative analysis and reporting.
- Strong ability both to collaborate with diverse teams in the field and to work independently.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Prior Princeton University experience preferred.
Senior Research Specialist
Actual Hours per Week, if casual hourly
Pay Rate, if Casual Hourly
Work Schedule, if other than standard hours
Eligible for Overtime
Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.
Instructions for Applying
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Proposed Start Date
End Date, if a Term Appointment
Comments related to end date:
This is a one year term assignement with the possibility of renewal.
Postdoctoral Fellow In Biosensors, University of Guelph, Canada, 3 days ago
Position Overview Reporting to Professor Suresh Neethirajan, Director of the BioNano Laboratory in the school of Engineering of the University of Guelph, he/she will support current laboratory...
Post Doctoral Position In Cancer Prevention & Control, Indiana University School of Nursing, United States, 16 days ago
Post-Doctoral Positions Available at Indiana University in Indianapolis, in Cancer Control Researchhttp://www.cancer.iu.edu/education/training/behavioral-oncology/index.shtml The T32 Interdisc...
Postdoc Position In Nanomechanics, University of London, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
ERC Project FLEXNANOFLOWApplications are invited for a postdoctoral research position in nanoscale fluid-structure interaction mechanics. The researcher will join the Fluids, Particles and Interfac...
Ci Qus Summer Fellowships 2017 Your First Research Experience, Center for Research in Biological Chemistry and Molecular Materials (CiQUS), Spain, 16 days ago
Are you an enthusiastic student interested in Chemistry? You are welcome to spend a six-weeks paid internship at CiQUS to colaborate with one of our Research Groups.http://www.usc.es/ciqus/en/...
Post Doctoral Scientist, George Washington University, United States, about 13 hours ago
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION Job Description Summary: The Department of Global Health at George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health focuses on improving the health and heal...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 16 hours ago
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow is hired as part of the Health and Community Design Lab at UBC (http://health-design.spph.ubc.ca) and also partly support by a recently funded project with broad s...