Senior Research Specialist/Ivy League Research Coordinator
Council of Ivy Grp Presidents - 500
The Ivy League athletic conference is conducting a study to assess the frequency, severity and health impacts of concussions incurred during regular sports practice and competition in order to discover ways to minimize their occurrence, severity and harm, and maximize the use of effective diagnosis and treatment.
The Ivy League Research Coordinator is a part-time position (50%), responsible for coordinating Ivy League research and related projects, primarily related to the diagnosis, management, and effects of concussion. The position involves coordinating and conducting qualitative and quantitative research to monitor and analyze the incidence, circumstances, treatments and consequences of concussion that occur during practice and competition. Responsibilities include designing standardized cross-sport and cross-school data collection protocols in collaboration with designated research assistants at the eight Ivy League schools; providing written and oral reports of research findings and recommendations; and coordinating meetings of research groups.
1. Develop common standards for defining, collecting, compiling and reporting relevant data.
2. Design questionnaires, databases, and other methods to regularly collect, store, and organize quantitative data.
3. Coordinate collection of data by research assistants at remote sites.
4. Perform duties related to data collection in other projects as assigned.
1. Organize and compile the data, oversee data entry procedures.
2. Work with designated team/campus representatives and team physicians to validate and compile data reported from the 8 campus, with ongoing data quality review.
3. Routinely evaluate/review incoming data to assess and assure standardized campus data collection and assure data quality/completeness.
4. Perform duties related to data compilation in other projects as assigned.
1. Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to address the major questions of this field study, including making critical observations of analyses or data and identifying patterns in the data.
2. Perform duties related to data analysis in other projects as assigned.
Reporting and presentation of data
1. Prepare clearly written technical and analytical reports in collaboration with the team physicians.
2. Create and deliver professional presentations on research and evaluation results.
3. Perform duties related to data reports and presentations as assigned.
1. Assist with the Ivy League's research collaboration with the Big Ten conference.
2. Assist with other collaborative efforts as needed.
- Master's degree in epidemiology or related field and 3-5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of bachelor's degree, relevant graduate level course work (including methodological coursework) and experience.
-Clear understanding of the research process acquired through both practical and academic experience.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative/qualitative analysis and reporting.
- Strong ability both to collaborate with diverse teams in the field and to work independently.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Prior Princeton University experience preferred.
Senior Research Specialist
Actual Hours per Week, if casual hourly
Pay Rate, if Casual Hourly
Work Schedule, if other than standard hours
Eligible for Overtime
Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.
Instructions for Applying
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Proposed Start Date
End Date, if a Term Appointment
Comments related to end date:
This is a one year term assignement with the possibility of renewal.
6 Postdoctoral Positions: Biomedicine, Chemistry And Information Technology, Center for Research in Biological Chemistry and Molecular Materials (CiQUS), Spain, 21 days ago
The Network of Singular Research Centers at the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain) offers 6 postdoctoral positions for 2 years. Please read carefully the Call: http://campusvida.usc.es/en...
Research Grant Lightfields Rendering And Representation. , , Portugal, 17 days ago
Lightfields Rendering and Representation. The EmergIMG project results from a Portuguese consortium that targets to design a common framework for the representation and quality assessment of ...
The Act Legislative Assembly Library Research Fellowship, Office of the Legislative Assembly, ACT, Canberra, Australia, 23 days ago
BackgroundAn ACT Legislative Assembly Library Research Fellowship is being offered for the first time in 2017.The Fellowship provides academics, scholars, PhD students and post-doctoral candi...
Posdoctoral Research Grant, , Portugal, 17 days ago
Lightfields and Holography Representation. The EmergIMG project results from a Portuguese consortium that targets to design a common framework for the representation and quality assessment of...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Diabetes Prevention Interventional Research In India (Half Time), Harvard University, United States, 1 day ago
Details Title Postdoctoral fellow in diabetes prevention interventional research in India (half-time) School Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Department/Area Nutrition Position Descriptio...
02050000 Pv Institutional Research, University of Florida, United States, 15 days ago
Classification Title: Assistant Provost and Director of Analytic Services Job Description: The Assistant Provost for Institutional Planning and Research has overall responsibility for the Office o...