Senior Research Specialist/Ivy League Research Coordinator
Council of Ivy Grp Presidents - 500
The Ivy League athletic conference is conducting a study to assess the frequency, severity and health impacts of concussions incurred during regular sports practice and competition in order to discover ways to minimize their occurrence, severity and harm, and maximize the use of effective diagnosis and treatment.
The Ivy League Research Coordinator is a part-time position (50%), responsible for coordinating Ivy League research and related projects, primarily related to the diagnosis, management, and effects of concussion. The position involves coordinating and conducting qualitative and quantitative research to monitor and analyze the incidence, circumstances, treatments and consequences of concussion that occur during practice and competition. Responsibilities include designing standardized cross-sport and cross-school data collection protocols in collaboration with designated research assistants at the eight Ivy League schools; providing written and oral reports of research findings and recommendations; and coordinating meetings of research groups.
1. Develop common standards for defining, collecting, compiling and reporting relevant data.
2. Design questionnaires, databases, and other methods to regularly collect, store, and organize quantitative data.
3. Coordinate collection of data by research assistants at remote sites.
4. Perform duties related to data collection in other projects as assigned.
1. Organize and compile the data, oversee data entry procedures.
2. Work with designated team/campus representatives and team physicians to validate and compile data reported from the 8 campus, with ongoing data quality review.
3. Routinely evaluate/review incoming data to assess and assure standardized campus data collection and assure data quality/completeness.
4. Perform duties related to data compilation in other projects as assigned.
1. Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to address the major questions of this field study, including making critical observations of analyses or data and identifying patterns in the data.
2. Perform duties related to data analysis in other projects as assigned.
Reporting and presentation of data
1. Prepare clearly written technical and analytical reports in collaboration with the team physicians.
2. Create and deliver professional presentations on research and evaluation results.
3. Perform duties related to data reports and presentations as assigned.
1. Assist with the Ivy League's research collaboration with the Big Ten conference.
2. Assist with other collaborative efforts as needed.
- Master's degree in epidemiology or related field and 3-5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of bachelor's degree, relevant graduate level course work (including methodological coursework) and experience.
-Clear understanding of the research process acquired through both practical and academic experience.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative/qualitative analysis and reporting.
- Strong ability both to collaborate with diverse teams in the field and to work independently.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Prior Princeton University experience preferred.
Senior Research Specialist
Actual Hours per Week, if casual hourly
Pay Rate, if Casual Hourly
Work Schedule, if other than standard hours
Eligible for Overtime
Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.
Instructions for Applying
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Proposed Start Date
End Date, if a Term Appointment
Comments related to end date:
This is a one year term assignement with the possibility of renewal.
Postdoc: Comparative Epithelial Morphogenesis, University of Cologne, Germany, 25 days ago
From autumn 2016, a postdoctoral research position is available in the Panfilio lab to investigate morphogenesis of the insect extraembryonic (EE) membranes. These simple epithelia are highly...
Post Doctoral Researcher In Remote Sensing, Global Change and Sustainability Research Institute (GCSRI), University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa, 26 days ago
The University of the Witwatersrand is recognised internationally for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice.The GCSRI would like to appoint a post-doctora...
Post Doctoral Fellowship In Pharmacy, Lucia Helena Faccioli, Brazil, about 1 month ago
Principal details:Field of knowledge: PharmacyFAPESP process: 2014/07125-6Project title: New functional aspects of eicosanoidsWorking area: Metabolism and eicosanoid production in biological system...
Research Specialist Pediatrics (Job Id #68909), University of Illinois, United States, 24 days ago
SEARCH EXTENDED Research Specialist – Pediatrics The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Illinois, College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP), located in a mid-size metropolitan area, is see...
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Texas System, United States, 5 days ago
Additional Information Purpose The Texas Twin Project is a multi-disciplinary study of a diverse sample of child and adolescent twins, with a specific focus on understanding how biological stress ...
Post Doctoral Associate, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, 2 days ago
An opportunity exists for a full-time Post Doctoral Associate in the Mass Spectrometry Facility at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Located in Shrewsbury MA, the Facility provides b...