Senior Research Specialist/Ivy League Research Coordinator
Council of Ivy Grp Presidents - 500
The Ivy League athletic conference is conducting a study to assess the frequency, severity and health impacts of concussions incurred during regular sports practice and competition in order to discover ways to minimize their occurrence, severity and harm, and maximize the use of effective diagnosis and treatment.
The Ivy League Research Coordinator is a part-time position (50%), responsible for coordinating Ivy League research and related projects, primarily related to the diagnosis, management, and effects of concussion. The position involves coordinating and conducting qualitative and quantitative research to monitor and analyze the incidence, circumstances, treatments and consequences of concussion that occur during practice and competition. Responsibilities include designing standardized cross-sport and cross-school data collection protocols in collaboration with designated research assistants at the eight Ivy League schools; providing written and oral reports of research findings and recommendations; and coordinating meetings of research groups.
1. Develop common standards for defining, collecting, compiling and reporting relevant data.
2. Design questionnaires, databases, and other methods to regularly collect, store, and organize quantitative data.
3. Coordinate collection of data by research assistants at remote sites.
4. Perform duties related to data collection in other projects as assigned.
1. Organize and compile the data, oversee data entry procedures.
2. Work with designated team/campus representatives and team physicians to validate and compile data reported from the 8 campus, with ongoing data quality review.
3. Routinely evaluate/review incoming data to assess and assure standardized campus data collection and assure data quality/completeness.
4. Perform duties related to data compilation in other projects as assigned.
1. Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to address the major questions of this field study, including making critical observations of analyses or data and identifying patterns in the data.
2. Perform duties related to data analysis in other projects as assigned.
Reporting and presentation of data
1. Prepare clearly written technical and analytical reports in collaboration with the team physicians.
2. Create and deliver professional presentations on research and evaluation results.
3. Perform duties related to data reports and presentations as assigned.
1. Assist with the Ivy League's research collaboration with the Big Ten conference.
2. Assist with other collaborative efforts as needed.
- Master's degree in epidemiology or related field and 3-5 years of related experience; or equivalent combination of bachelor's degree, relevant graduate level course work (including methodological coursework) and experience.
-Clear understanding of the research process acquired through both practical and academic experience.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative/qualitative analysis and reporting.
- Strong ability both to collaborate with diverse teams in the field and to work independently.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Prior Princeton University experience preferred.
Senior Research Specialist
Actual Hours per Week, if casual hourly
Pay Rate, if Casual Hourly
Work Schedule, if other than standard hours
Eligible for Overtime
Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.
Instructions for Applying
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Proposed Start Date
End Date, if a Term Appointment
Comments related to end date:
This is a one year term assignement with the possibility of renewal.
Postgraduate Fellows, University of Sydney, Australia, 2 days ago
Postgraduate Fellows (2 vacancies)Centre for Research on Learning and Innovation (CRLI)Faculty of Education and Social WorkReference no. 1174/0716Complete your PhD in a thriving new research centre...
Postdoctoral Fellowships In Image Processing And Machine Learning In Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Harvard Medical School, United States, 12 days ago
Position description: The Computational Radiology Laboratory (CRL) at Boston Children’s Hospital invites applications for post-doctoral research fellowships to develop techniques for the analysis o...
] Post Doctoral Associate, , United States, 23 days ago
Baker Institute for Animal Health & the Feline Health Center College of Veterinary Medicine at Cornell University Ithaca, New York A post-doctoral associate position in enzyme biochemistry and mol...
Sr. Director Of Research And Evaluation Cure Violence (Job Id #66336), University of Illinois, United States, 29 days ago
An advanced degree (PhD preferred) in public policy, social science or related field required. A minimum of ten years of evaluation experience with a wide range of evaluation and assessment strate...
Research Fellow, University of Michigan, United States, 25 days ago
Job Detail RESEARCH FELLOW How to Apply Visit the University of Michigan Job Site (http://umjobs.org ). Search the system with the key words “Biological Station” Upload a CV and cover letter as a ...
Postdoctoral Researcher, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 16 days ago
Description The Department of Education Policy Studies seeks a postdoctoral fellow to assist with a Spencer Foundation-funded research project that examines the history of academic standards in th...