SBE Research Experiences for Undergraduates Sites
(SBE REU Sites)
Name Email Phone Room
Fahmida N. Chowdhury-Program Officer email@example.com (703) 292-4672
Lisa M. Jackson-Pgm Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org (703) 292-7882
The SBE REU Sites program is part of an NSF-wide program under a single solicitation administered individually by each Directorate. The SBE Office of Multidisciplinary Activities (SMA) receives REU Site proposals for the entire SBE Directorate and runs the competition. An REU Site should provide research opportunities with a coherent intellectual theme and may be based in a single discipline or academic department, or be interdisciplinary and multi-departmental.
The NSF-wide Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) solicitation governs the overall competition. The following clarifications/explanations are specifically for REU Site proposals submitted to SBE.
- Maximum length of project duration is three years.
- Typical funding is below $350,000, but if the proposal includes international activities, then with co-funding from the NSF Office of International Science and Engineering (OISE), the budget can be higher.
- Interdisciplinary REU Site proposals are welcome, but one or more of the elements of the research themes/topics must fall within the general scope of SBE Sciences or a combination of them.
Interested PIs are advised to explore the Active Directory of SBE REU Sites to determine the scope and breadth of fields funded under our program.
NOTE: All SBE REU Site applicants should submit their proposals to the NSF-wide REU solicitation and choose "SBE Office of Multidisciplinary Activities (SMA)" as the appropriate Unit of Consideration. Proposals should adhere to both the guidelines listed in the NSF-wide REU solicitation as well as the SBE-specific ones listed above.
M Sc & Ph D (1+3) Or Ph D (+3) Studentship In Contemporary Childhoods, Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
Job posted by Cardiff University (20/10/2014 11.32) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Supa Prize Ph D Studentship, Scottish Universities Physics Alliance, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Job posted by Scottish Universities Physics Alliance (27/10/2014 14.54) SUPA Prize PhD Studentship Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively imple...
Arc Laureate Fellowship Ph D Scholarships Marine Cyanobacteria, Macquarie University, Australia, 18 days ago
Photosynthetic marine microorganisms are responsible for the production of half of the oxygen in our atmosphere, equal to the contribution of all land-based vegetation. They underpin the entire mar...
Ph D Position On "Space, Time And Frequency Diversity For Accurate Range And Angle Of Arrival Measurement In Uwb", CEA-LETI, France, 13 days ago
Job posted by CEA-LETI (17/10/2014 12.42) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. Mo...
1. Fpa# Fh 1335 Title: Staff Cardiologist (2 Positions), Brown University, United States, about 21 hours ago
1. FPA# FH-1335 Title: Staff Cardiologist (2 Positions) Location: Miriam Rank: Assistant or Associate Professor Search Chair: Douglas Burtt, MD email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Date posted: 20...
Ph D Studentship In Psychology, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
PhD Studentship in Psychology ReferenceSCI1410Closing DateSaturday, 14th February 2015DepartmentPsychology The School of Psychology at the University of Nottingham is a research-led department, wi...