Research Compliance Administrator - Archive
Research Compliance Services
Title: Research Compliance Administrator (multiple positions)
FTE: 1.0 FTE
Type: Officer of Administration
Duration: One year contract, renewable
Pay Range: Range $35,000 to $50,000; Commensurate with skill level and experience
Annual Basis: 12 month
Est. Starting Date: July 15, 2012 or as soon as possible
The University of Oregon (UO) seeks a Research Compliance Administrator (RCA) to serve as a member of a team of professionals in the Research Compliance Services Office (RCS). RCAs serve as an important resource providing guidance to the research community on regulations which govern compliance in the areas of conflict of interest, human subject research, research misconduct and responsible conduct of research. Additionally, RCAs interface with other services under Research Administration, which may include work with Sponsored Project Services, Technology Transfer Services, and Research Development. In this position, there is a significant emphasis on customer service, managing processes related to human subject protections and protocol facilitation, compliance and monitoring activities and operational reporting. RCAs must possess current content knowledge in Federal and State regulations related to Research Compliance and are required to adhere to Institutional Policies and procedures. RCAs must have the ability to interpret and apply research compliance regulations as well as the ability to develop best-practices for continuous quality improvement of the program. The successful candidate will have the ability to work within a team and must possess excellent communication skills to work effectively with faculty, staff, students, and research representatives from a variety of diverse backgrounds and will maintain the highest ethical standards.
RCS reports to the Vice President for Research and Innovation, and Dean of the Graduate School and serves as the central administrative office for research compliance. RCS provides a full range of services from faculty guidance, human subject determination and IRB review, conflict of interest reporting and management, and other functions related to the responsible conduct of research. The UO received $124 million in awards in FY11 with the majority of the funding coming from the federal government: Department of Health and Human Service/National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation and Department of Education.
The UO is a vibrant and intellectually stimulating campus in a region noted for its dynamic quality of life and progressive cultural environment. Balancing life and work is extremely important to UO employees and the university provides ample support and encouragement for its employees to enjoy the environmental and cultural opportunities offered in Eugene and the larger Willamette valley. We encourage candidates to learn about the benefits of working at the UO by reviewing relevant pages on our Human Resources website such as http://hr.uoregon.edu/worklife/ and http://archive.hr.uoregon.edu/benefits/
Core Responsibilities will include a combination of the following, dependent on assigned area:
- Initiate and provide procedural oversight of review processes related to conflict of interest disclosures and human subjects protocol review
- Collect, manage and appropriately disseminate information to ensure compliance with applicable UO, State, and/or Federal guidelines and requirements
- Review, evaluate and interpret submissions to determine appropriate level of review; coordinate with other committees, the IRB and other institutions (as applicable)
- Act as an expert resource for researchers regarding ethical standards and Federal and State regulations, and University policies and procedures governing research compliance; advise and assist in the preparation of submissions to RCS
- Provide professional guidance to review committees regarding ethical standards and Federal and State regulations, and University policies and procedures governing research compliance
- Appropriately revise and implement process quality improvements; implement and manage policies and procedures
- Perform pre-committee analysis of submissions to RCS; coordinate and manage review processes
- Engage in reporting to Sponsored Project Services regarding training and required compliance approvals
- Compile and update information for reporting to Federal, State and other regulatory agencies and administrative entities regarding research compliance activities
- Audit and monitor research activities to ensure compliance with internal procedures and University and OUS policy, and State and Federal Regulations
- Collaborate with peer programs and institutional leadership in the review of incidents, event reports and allegations of research misconduct, as delegated; exercise fair facilitation and maintain confidentiality
- Prepare operational and management reports for various levels of UO administration
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with researchers and serve as a liaison between compliance committees, committee members and researchers in relation to determinations and other administrative actions; compose complex, technical correspondence to communicate review outcomes
- Participate in and/or develop professional trainings, workshops and seminars in issues related to research compliance administration
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- A BA/BS from an accredited institution of higher education and two years of experience in a professional setting focused on research administration, research compliance or in an active research setting that included human subjects research; OR Six (6) years or more of experience within the fields of research compliance, research administration or in an active research setting that included human subject research.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set appropriate priorities between multiple concurrent tasks
- Solutions oriented customer service, team oriented, detail and outcomes focused
- Facility with information technology, including web, word processing, data entry, managing electronic information
***All or some experience may be gained concurrently
- Professional experience in a research-intensive higher education setting or other research institution
- Professional experience in a research compliance office that focused on human subjects protection; conflict of interest or the responsible conduct of research.
- Experience in an office with a formal team workflow process
- Experience with electronic research administration software and protocol submission systems, or related databases
- Experience with federal reporting systems
This is a full-time administrative position. Salary will be commensurate with experience, skill set and previous salary history. The UO has a strong benefits package accompanying employment. Potential candidates are encouraged to review the benefits options at http://hr.uoregon.edu/benefits/.
To ensure consideration, application should be received by June 18, 2012; position will remain open until filled. A complete application will include a cover letter specifically addressing how your professional experience qualifies you for the position and a current resume. References will be required of those individuals considered as finalists. Materials should clearly indicate to the review committee that you meet the minimum qualifications. Electronic submissions are preferred. Please email your application to Kim Newell at firstname.lastname@example.org ; please include ATTN: RCA Search Committee in the subject line.
Paper applications should be sent to:
ATTN: RCA Search Committee
1266 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1266
The Finalist for the position must successfully complete a criminal background check.
The UO is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. We seek candidates with demonstrated potential to contribute positively to the University of Oregon’s diverse community.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Post Doctoral Researcher Psychology, European Institute of Oncology, Italy, 17 days ago
Location: European Institute of Oncology, Milan, ItalyDepartment: Department of Health Science University: State University of MilanCategory: ResearchSalary: Euros 27,...
Postdoctoral Fellow Bioinformatics Population Genomics, Univerisity of Ottawa, Canada, 28 days ago
Postdoctoral Position in Bioinformatics – University of OttawaThe Corradi Lab is currently seeking a postdoctoral fellow in Bioinformatics to work on projects related to Comparative and Population ...
Postdoctoral Position In Organometallic Chemistry, Center for Research in Biological Chemistry and Molecular Materials (CIQUS), Spain, 10 days ago
Our group is seeking a talented young Postdoctoral Student to work in the field of Organometallic Chemistry.DESCRIPTIONThe applicant will work on the development of novel metal catalyzed processes ...
Research Oriented Postdoctoral Position, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, 28 days ago
The Law & Psychiatry Program in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Massachusetts Medical School has funding for a one-year research-oriented postdoctoral training position (with ...
Dir. Research Review, Duke University, United States, 22 days ago
Position Title Dir. Research Review Requisition Number 400954763 Auto req ID 68488BR Location Durham Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER Department Name Institutional Review Board Shift First/Day Fu...
Research Progs/Svcs, Crd 2, University of Florida, United States, 23 days ago
Posting Details Requisition number: 0908292 POSITION INFORMATION Requisition Title RESEARCH PROGS/SVCS, CRD 2 Working Title Coordinator, Research Programs/Services 2 Position number: 00026004 Adve...