Research Assistant/Research Associate - Archive
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services (TACS) at the University of Oregon wishes to open a pool to which interested candidates may apply for any and all upcoming positions. Pool applicants will be considered for positions if and when they become available. These are grant funded positions;, salary range dependent upon position, education and experience.
TACS provides technical assistance to State Education Agencies and State Lead Agencies to improve educational programs and services for children with disabilities and their families.
Qualifications: Research Assistant: minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Master’s or doctorate preferred. Research Associate: minimum Doctorate from an accredited college or university. Successful applicants should have training and experience in any of the following: 1) special education, 2) general education policy development and program improvement, 3) developmental research. Relevant training may be pre-service or in-service. A minimum of three years’ experience at the state level or three years’ experience conducting educationally based empirical research. Familiarity with federal reporting requirements is preferred. Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are strongly desired.
Duties may include any of the following:
- conducting policy analyses and using quantitative methods to conduct program evaluations;
- researching educational policy, program development, systemic improvement, and educational interventions and practices shown to improve results for students with disabilities;
- advising clients on the implementation of research-based practices that may assist them with systems change activities for improving results for students with disabilities;
- planning and conducting culturally appropriate events, such as training activities, teleconferences and stakeholder meetings at which research-based practices are disseminated;
- researching, designing and repackaging scientifically-based educational research and policy information for purposes of producing presentations and publications for a variety of cultural audiences;
- facilitating state efforts to implement the requirements of IDEA and NCLB by providing research-based information through: reviewing state reports, analyzing state data and planning and implementing improvement strategies and activities.
For more information:TACS/WRRC 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 (541) 346-5641
A completed application includes: a University of Oregon Application form; a cover letter; a resume or vita; a sample of professional writing ability; and the names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three references. Please reference posting number (011206) with application.
Send application packet to:Business Manager Technical Assistance and Consulting Services 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 email@example.com
An equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act.The successful candidate(s) will support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
] Pool Postdoctoral Research Scholar , , United States, about 18 hours ago
The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Oregon invites applications for potential post-doctoral research scholar positions. Positions are available on an ongoing basis to...
Post Doctoral Fellow For The Mervyn M. Dymally African American, The California State University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Campus: Dominguez Hills Job Title: Post-doctoral fellow for the Mervyn M. Dymally African American Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: April 26, 2017 Closing Date: Open u...
Post Doctoral Associate, University of Miami, United States, about 23 hours ago
The Department of Computer Science at the University of Miami is seeking a Post-Doctoral Research Associate to perform research at the intersection of data science and scientific visualization. Th...
Research Nurse Or Sr. Research Nurse, University of Texas Health Science Center, United States, 1 day ago
Application Types Accepted Application Requisition Number 171616 Job Category Research Job Title Research Nurse or Sr. Research Nurse Status Full-Time # Hours Per Week 40 Shift/Work Schedule Days ...
Research Fellow Microbiology, Plymouth University, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Research Fellow - Microbiology £32958 to £38183 pa - Grade 7 The School of Biomedical and Healthcare Sciences (SoBHS) is part of the Plymouth University Peninsula Schools of Medicine and Dentistry...
Postdoctoral Fellow For Health Policy And System, Duke Kunshan University, China, 17 days ago
Institutional Summary:The Duke Kunshan University and Duke Global Health Institute (DGHI) seek to hire a full-time postdoctoral research fellow to work at an innovative Global Health Research Cente...