Research Assistant/Research Associate - Archive
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services (TACS) at the University of Oregon wishes to open a pool to which interested candidates may apply for any and all upcoming positions. Pool applicants will be considered for positions if and when they become available. These are grant funded positions;, salary range dependent upon position, education and experience.
TACS provides technical assistance to State Education Agencies and State Lead Agencies to improve educational programs and services for children with disabilities and their families.
Qualifications: Research Assistant: minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Master’s or doctorate preferred. Research Associate: minimum Doctorate from an accredited college or university. Successful applicants should have training and experience in any of the following: 1) special education, 2) general education policy development and program improvement, 3) developmental research. Relevant training may be pre-service or in-service. A minimum of three years’ experience at the state level or three years’ experience conducting educationally based empirical research. Familiarity with federal reporting requirements is preferred. Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are strongly desired.
Duties may include any of the following:
- conducting policy analyses and using quantitative methods to conduct program evaluations;
- researching educational policy, program development, systemic improvement, and educational interventions and practices shown to improve results for students with disabilities;
- advising clients on the implementation of research-based practices that may assist them with systems change activities for improving results for students with disabilities;
- planning and conducting culturally appropriate events, such as training activities, teleconferences and stakeholder meetings at which research-based practices are disseminated;
- researching, designing and repackaging scientifically-based educational research and policy information for purposes of producing presentations and publications for a variety of cultural audiences;
- facilitating state efforts to implement the requirements of IDEA and NCLB by providing research-based information through: reviewing state reports, analyzing state data and planning and implementing improvement strategies and activities.
For more information:TACS/WRRC 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 (541) 346-5641
A completed application includes: a University of Oregon Application form; a cover letter; a resume or vita; a sample of professional writing ability; and the names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three references. Please reference posting number (011206) with application.
Send application packet to:Business Manager Technical Assistance and Consulting Services 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 firstname.lastname@example.org
An equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act.The successful candidate(s) will support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Job: Ashs Curriculum Coordinator, A.T. Still University, United States, about 9 hours ago
View On Map Pay: from $16.96/hour Vacation and Paid Time Off of 10 days of vacation annually. Paid Holidays. Medical Leave ATSU grants up to 10 days per calendar year for illness of short or tempo...
Predoctoral Fellowships, University of California, United States, 14 days ago
The American Heart Association (AHA) supports up to 2 years of doctoral dissertation projects which broadly relate to cardiovascular function and disease. Research will also focus on stroke or rel...
02050000 Pv Institutional Research, University of Florida, United States, 16 days ago
Classification Title: Assistant Provost and Director of Analytic Services Job Description: The Assistant Provost for Institutional Planning and Research has overall responsibility for the Office o...
Postdoctoral Researcher, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 19 hours ago
Description The College of Information Sciences and Technology is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to join an interdisciplinary team investigating collaborative learning and problem-solving, onli...
R&D Research Facilitator, University Hospital Southampton, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
University Hospital Southampton NHS FoundationTrust R&D Research Facilitator Permanent University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and University of Southampton partnership is recognised ...
Bullitt Environmental Leadership Fellowship Bullitt Foundation , University of Washington, United States, about 2 hours ago
Description: The Bullitt Environmental Fellowship is a two-year, $50,000/year fellowship for graduate students interested in pursuing leadership positions within the environmental field. The Bulli...