Research Assistant/Research Associate - Archive
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services (TACS) at the University of Oregon wishes to open a pool to which interested candidates may apply for any and all upcoming positions. Pool applicants will be considered for positions if and when they become available. These are grant funded positions;, salary range dependent upon position, education and experience.
TACS provides technical assistance to State Education Agencies and State Lead Agencies to improve educational programs and services for children with disabilities and their families.
Qualifications: Research Assistant: minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Master’s or doctorate preferred. Research Associate: minimum Doctorate from an accredited college or university. Successful applicants should have training and experience in any of the following: 1) special education, 2) general education policy development and program improvement, 3) developmental research. Relevant training may be pre-service or in-service. A minimum of three years’ experience at the state level or three years’ experience conducting educationally based empirical research. Familiarity with federal reporting requirements is preferred. Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are strongly desired.
Duties may include any of the following:
- conducting policy analyses and using quantitative methods to conduct program evaluations;
- researching educational policy, program development, systemic improvement, and educational interventions and practices shown to improve results for students with disabilities;
- advising clients on the implementation of research-based practices that may assist them with systems change activities for improving results for students with disabilities;
- planning and conducting culturally appropriate events, such as training activities, teleconferences and stakeholder meetings at which research-based practices are disseminated;
- researching, designing and repackaging scientifically-based educational research and policy information for purposes of producing presentations and publications for a variety of cultural audiences;
- facilitating state efforts to implement the requirements of IDEA and NCLB by providing research-based information through: reviewing state reports, analyzing state data and planning and implementing improvement strategies and activities.
For more information:TACS/WRRC 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 (541) 346-5641
A completed application includes: a University of Oregon Application form; a cover letter; a resume or vita; a sample of professional writing ability; and the names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three references. Please reference posting number (011206) with application.
Send application packet to:Business Manager Technical Assistance and Consulting Services 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 firstname.lastname@example.org
An equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act.The successful candidate(s) will support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Post Doctoral Associate, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, 1 day ago
We are currently seeking a highly-qualified and motivated postdoctoral fellow with an interest in Enzymology, Structural Biology, and Chemical Biology. The lab focuses on using a variety of bioch...
Postdoctoral Fellow, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 24 days ago
Description The Marcus Department of Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering at Penn State is seeking applications for a Postdoctoral fellow to work on distributed and stochastic optimization and...
Asst/Assoc Professor Of Cancer Biology And Pharmacology (Job Id #63884), University of Illinois, United States, 10 days ago
~~The Department of Cancer Biology and Pharmacology of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP) has recently expanded its faculty and cancer research scope to include new ...
Lab Research Intern, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 4 days ago
Description A Research Intern position is immediately available at Penn State College of Medicine, Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology to study cellular and molecular mechanisms involv...
Postdoctoral Scholar In Adolescent Prevention Research, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 15 days ago
Description The Coping and Regulation of Environmental Stress Lab (http://cares.la.psu.edu/) in the Department of Psychology at The Pennsylvania State University seeks applications for a Postdocto...
Research Officer/ Research Fellow (Dr Lisa Ng’s Lab)/ S Ig N, A*STAR, Singapore, 21 days ago
The Singapore Immunology Network (SIgN), officially inaugurated on 15 January 2008, is a research consortium under the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)’s Biomedical Research Co...