Research Assistant/Research Associate - Archive
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services (TACS) at the University of Oregon wishes to open a pool to which interested candidates may apply for any and all upcoming positions. Pool applicants will be considered for positions if and when they become available. These are grant funded positions;, salary range dependent upon position, education and experience.
TACS provides technical assistance to State Education Agencies and State Lead Agencies to improve educational programs and services for children with disabilities and their families.
Qualifications: Research Assistant: minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Master’s or doctorate preferred. Research Associate: minimum Doctorate from an accredited college or university. Successful applicants should have training and experience in any of the following: 1) special education, 2) general education policy development and program improvement, 3) developmental research. Relevant training may be pre-service or in-service. A minimum of three years’ experience at the state level or three years’ experience conducting educationally based empirical research. Familiarity with federal reporting requirements is preferred. Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are strongly desired.
Duties may include any of the following:
- conducting policy analyses and using quantitative methods to conduct program evaluations;
- researching educational policy, program development, systemic improvement, and educational interventions and practices shown to improve results for students with disabilities;
- advising clients on the implementation of research-based practices that may assist them with systems change activities for improving results for students with disabilities;
- planning and conducting culturally appropriate events, such as training activities, teleconferences and stakeholder meetings at which research-based practices are disseminated;
- researching, designing and repackaging scientifically-based educational research and policy information for purposes of producing presentations and publications for a variety of cultural audiences;
- facilitating state efforts to implement the requirements of IDEA and NCLB by providing research-based information through: reviewing state reports, analyzing state data and planning and implementing improvement strategies and activities.
For more information:TACS/WRRC 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 (541) 346-5641
A completed application includes: a University of Oregon Application form; a cover letter; a resume or vita; a sample of professional writing ability; and the names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three references. Please reference posting number (011206) with application.
Send application packet to:Business Manager Technical Assistance and Consulting Services 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 email@example.com
An equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act.The successful candidate(s) will support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Turku, Finland, 6 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (15/05/2015 16.04) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Society For The Humanities Fellowships 2016 2017, Cornell, United States, about 2 hours ago
The focal theme for 2016-2017 is “SKIN.” Six to eight Fellows will be appointed. Selected Fellows will collaborate with the Director of the Society for the Humanities, Timothy Murray, Professor of...
Post Doctoral/Research Associate/Senior Research Associate , Posted 05/19/15, Case Western Reserve University, United States, 4 days ago
Post-doctoral/Research Associate/Senior Research Associate , posted 05/19/15 A Post-doctoral/Research Associate/Senior Research Associate position (#323) is available for a highly motivated indivi...
Postdoctoral Scholar Department Of Genetics And Genome Sciences, Posted 05/05/15, Case Western Reserve University, United States, 18 days ago
Postdoctoral Scholar - Department of Genetics and Genome Sciences, posted 05/05/15 Multiple bioinformatician positions at any level (scientist, postdoc, graduate/undergraduate students) are availa...
Postdoctoral Fellows Open Pool, Colorado State University, United States, 14 days ago
Posting Details Posting Detail Information Working Title Postdoctoral Fellows - Open Pool Posting Number 201500195AP Position Type Admin Professional/Research Professional Number of Vacancies Work...
Prevention Fellow (Olympia), University of Washington, United States, 8 days ago
The SAMHSA CSAP Prevention Fellowship Program was launched in 2006 in an effort to build a workforce of substance abuse professionals. During the 2-year fellowship program, which combines Web‐base...