Research Assistant/Research Associate - Archive
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services (TACS) at the University of Oregon wishes to open a pool to which interested candidates may apply for any and all upcoming positions. Pool applicants will be considered for positions if and when they become available. These are grant funded positions;, salary range dependent upon position, education and experience.
TACS provides technical assistance to State Education Agencies and State Lead Agencies to improve educational programs and services for children with disabilities and their families.
Qualifications: Research Assistant: minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Master’s or doctorate preferred. Research Associate: minimum Doctorate from an accredited college or university. Successful applicants should have training and experience in any of the following: 1) special education, 2) general education policy development and program improvement, 3) developmental research. Relevant training may be pre-service or in-service. A minimum of three years’ experience at the state level or three years’ experience conducting educationally based empirical research. Familiarity with federal reporting requirements is preferred. Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are strongly desired.
Duties may include any of the following:
- conducting policy analyses and using quantitative methods to conduct program evaluations;
- researching educational policy, program development, systemic improvement, and educational interventions and practices shown to improve results for students with disabilities;
- advising clients on the implementation of research-based practices that may assist them with systems change activities for improving results for students with disabilities;
- planning and conducting culturally appropriate events, such as training activities, teleconferences and stakeholder meetings at which research-based practices are disseminated;
- researching, designing and repackaging scientifically-based educational research and policy information for purposes of producing presentations and publications for a variety of cultural audiences;
- facilitating state efforts to implement the requirements of IDEA and NCLB by providing research-based information through: reviewing state reports, analyzing state data and planning and implementing improvement strategies and activities.
For more information:TACS/WRRC 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 (541) 346-5641
A completed application includes: a University of Oregon Application form; a cover letter; a resume or vita; a sample of professional writing ability; and the names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three references. Please reference posting number (011206) with application.
Send application packet to:Business Manager Technical Assistance and Consulting Services 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 firstname.lastname@example.org
An equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act.The successful candidate(s) will support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Sr Research Fellow/Director, Inst For Community Inclusion, University of Massachusetts Boston, United States, 14 days ago
Job Description: The Senior Research Fellow/Director of the Institute for Community Inclusion (ICI) within the School for Global Inclusion and Social Development (SGISD) is responsible for providi...
Research Specialist Pediatrics (Job Id #68909), University of Illinois, United States, 23 days ago
SEARCH EXTENDED Research Specialist – Pediatrics The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Illinois, College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP), located in a mid-size metropolitan area, is see...
Academic Affairs/Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 10 days ago
Information for Posting: Summary of Essential Job Duties: The Research Administrative Coordinator works under the direction of the Director of Pathology Operations: and the Senior Administrative A...
Post Doc Global Health Focus Clinical Research/Infectious Disease Epi, Emory University, United States, 9 days ago
Job Description JOB DESCRIPTION: Helps design and conduct research within a specified field while receiving advanced training from a designated Principal Investigator to enhance professional skil...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow Assam Project, University of Melbourne, Australia, 11 days ago
Faculty of Architecture, Building and Planning Salary: $95,434 - $113,323 p.a.plus 9.5% superannuation The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will have the primary responsibility for research, publicati...
Postdoctoral Scholar, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 19 days ago
Description A postdoctoral scholar position is available at Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering of The Pennsylvania State University, University Park Campus. Qualified applicants are ...