Research Assistant/Research Associate - Archive
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services (TACS) at the University of Oregon wishes to open a pool to which interested candidates may apply for any and all upcoming positions. Pool applicants will be considered for positions if and when they become available. These are grant funded positions;, salary range dependent upon position, education and experience.
TACS provides technical assistance to State Education Agencies and State Lead Agencies to improve educational programs and services for children with disabilities and their families.
Qualifications: Research Assistant: minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Master’s or doctorate preferred. Research Associate: minimum Doctorate from an accredited college or university. Successful applicants should have training and experience in any of the following: 1) special education, 2) general education policy development and program improvement, 3) developmental research. Relevant training may be pre-service or in-service. A minimum of three years’ experience at the state level or three years’ experience conducting educationally based empirical research. Familiarity with federal reporting requirements is preferred. Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are strongly desired.
Duties may include any of the following:
- conducting policy analyses and using quantitative methods to conduct program evaluations;
- researching educational policy, program development, systemic improvement, and educational interventions and practices shown to improve results for students with disabilities;
- advising clients on the implementation of research-based practices that may assist them with systems change activities for improving results for students with disabilities;
- planning and conducting culturally appropriate events, such as training activities, teleconferences and stakeholder meetings at which research-based practices are disseminated;
- researching, designing and repackaging scientifically-based educational research and policy information for purposes of producing presentations and publications for a variety of cultural audiences;
- facilitating state efforts to implement the requirements of IDEA and NCLB by providing research-based information through: reviewing state reports, analyzing state data and planning and implementing improvement strategies and activities.
For more information:TACS/WRRC 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 (541) 346-5641
A completed application includes: a University of Oregon Application form; a cover letter; a resume or vita; a sample of professional writing ability; and the names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three references. Please reference posting number (011206) with application.
Send application packet to:Business Manager Technical Assistance and Consulting Services 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 email@example.com
An equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act.The successful candidate(s) will support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Postdoctoral Fellowship For Training In Cardiovascular Research And Translational Science, OHSU, United States, 22 days ago
Job posted by Science Careers (12/02/2015 00.15) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Research Fellow/Research Associate, University of Minnesota, United States, 24 days ago
Job Code and Title (9904) Research Series Position Title Research Fellow/Research Associate Job Code 9904 Requisition Number 196710 Position Category Staff - Professional Non-Faculty Appointment T...
Postdoctoral Molecular Radiation Biology, Posted 03/04/15, Case Western Reserve University, United States, 2 days ago
Postdoctoral-Molecular Radiation Biology, posted 03/04/15 Fellow/Scholar in Molecular Radiation Biology; Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. The Department of Radiation Oncology ...
Psychiatrist (50% Time Position), University of California, Merced, United States, 2 days ago
Psychiatrist (50% time position) Job Category: Student Services Unit: Student Health Services Position Code: SSHS5887A Status: Open Closing Date: Review of applications will begin on 03/17/2015 an...
Evaluation Specialist Research Position, Uc Berkeley, University of Washington, United States, 16 days ago
Center Overview The Atkins Center for Weight and Health (CWH), College of Natural Resources and the School of Public Health at the University of California, Berkeley, is a national leader in resea...
Postdoc In Experimental Characterization Of Battery Materials, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 23 days ago
Apply no later than 24 February 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Energy by completing the following form. Apply online Department of Energy Conversion and Storage at the Technical University of Denm...