Research Assistant/Research Associate - Archive
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services (TACS) at the University of Oregon wishes to open a pool to which interested candidates may apply for any and all upcoming positions. Pool applicants will be considered for positions if and when they become available. These are grant funded positions;, salary range dependent upon position, education and experience.
TACS provides technical assistance to State Education Agencies and State Lead Agencies to improve educational programs and services for children with disabilities and their families.
Qualifications: Research Assistant: minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Master’s or doctorate preferred. Research Associate: minimum Doctorate from an accredited college or university. Successful applicants should have training and experience in any of the following: 1) special education, 2) general education policy development and program improvement, 3) developmental research. Relevant training may be pre-service or in-service. A minimum of three years’ experience at the state level or three years’ experience conducting educationally based empirical research. Familiarity with federal reporting requirements is preferred. Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are strongly desired.
Duties may include any of the following:
- conducting policy analyses and using quantitative methods to conduct program evaluations;
- researching educational policy, program development, systemic improvement, and educational interventions and practices shown to improve results for students with disabilities;
- advising clients on the implementation of research-based practices that may assist them with systems change activities for improving results for students with disabilities;
- planning and conducting culturally appropriate events, such as training activities, teleconferences and stakeholder meetings at which research-based practices are disseminated;
- researching, designing and repackaging scientifically-based educational research and policy information for purposes of producing presentations and publications for a variety of cultural audiences;
- facilitating state efforts to implement the requirements of IDEA and NCLB by providing research-based information through: reviewing state reports, analyzing state data and planning and implementing improvement strategies and activities.
For more information:TACS/WRRC 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 (541) 346-5641
A completed application includes: a University of Oregon Application form; a cover letter; a resume or vita; a sample of professional writing ability; and the names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three references. Please reference posting number (011206) with application.
Send application packet to:Business Manager Technical Assistance and Consulting Services 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 firstname.lastname@example.org
An equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act.The successful candidate(s) will support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Anglia Ruskin University, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
Our Medical Engineering Research Group (MERG) seeks to advance research in musculoskeletal and vascular diseases as well as in medical devices through the application of engineering in medicine. M...
Postdoctoral Researcher, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Description The College of Information Sciences and Technology is seeking a postdoctoral researcher to join an interdisciplinary team investigating collaborative learning and problem-solving, onli...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In System Sciences In Agri Food Technology (Fixed Term), University of Lincoln, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
View All Opportunities Lincoln Institute of Agri-Food Technology Location: Brayford Salary: From £32,004 per annum This post is fixed term for 2 years Closing Date: Sunday 16 April 2017 Interview ...
Research Fellow 56698 , University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, about 21 hours ago
Salary Full time starting salary is normally in the range £29,301 to £38,183. With potential progression once in post to £40,523 a year. Job Purpose To create and contribute to the creation of kno...
Postdoctoral Scholar, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 5 hours ago
Description Postdoctoral Researcher: Sustainable Dairy Cropping Systems, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA. We seek a postdoctoral research associate to join a multi-discipli...
Staff Nurse I Emergency Services (Job Id #76520), University of Illinois, United States, about 11 hours ago
~~Clinical • Completes required orientation program and unit-specific competencies. • Develops, implements and updates the patient’s plan of care based on ongoing assessment of the patient and inp...