Research Assistant/Research Associate - Archive
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services
Technical Assistance and Consulting Services (TACS) at the University of Oregon wishes to open a pool to which interested candidates may apply for any and all upcoming positions. Pool applicants will be considered for positions if and when they become available. These are grant funded positions;, salary range dependent upon position, education and experience.
TACS provides technical assistance to State Education Agencies and State Lead Agencies to improve educational programs and services for children with disabilities and their families.
Qualifications: Research Assistant: minimum Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, Master’s or doctorate preferred. Research Associate: minimum Doctorate from an accredited college or university. Successful applicants should have training and experience in any of the following: 1) special education, 2) general education policy development and program improvement, 3) developmental research. Relevant training may be pre-service or in-service. A minimum of three years’ experience at the state level or three years’ experience conducting educationally based empirical research. Familiarity with federal reporting requirements is preferred. Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are strongly desired.
Duties may include any of the following:
- conducting policy analyses and using quantitative methods to conduct program evaluations;
- researching educational policy, program development, systemic improvement, and educational interventions and practices shown to improve results for students with disabilities;
- advising clients on the implementation of research-based practices that may assist them with systems change activities for improving results for students with disabilities;
- planning and conducting culturally appropriate events, such as training activities, teleconferences and stakeholder meetings at which research-based practices are disseminated;
- researching, designing and repackaging scientifically-based educational research and policy information for purposes of producing presentations and publications for a variety of cultural audiences;
- facilitating state efforts to implement the requirements of IDEA and NCLB by providing research-based information through: reviewing state reports, analyzing state data and planning and implementing improvement strategies and activities.
For more information:TACS/WRRC 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 (541) 346-5641
A completed application includes: a University of Oregon Application form; a cover letter; a resume or vita; a sample of professional writing ability; and the names, addresses and phone numbers of at least three references. Please reference posting number (011206) with application.
Send application packet to:Business Manager Technical Assistance and Consulting Services 1268 University of Oregon Eugene, OR 97403-1268 firstname.lastname@example.org
An equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities
Act.The successful candidate(s) will support and enhance a diverse learning and working environment.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Postdoc Opportunity In Seismology/Fault Mechanics, University Of Oregon, Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology, Democratic Republic of the Congo, 7 days ago
Postdoc Opportunity in Seismology/Fault Mechanics, University of Oregon Department of Geological Sciences, University of Oregon, Eugene Posted: 06/23/2015 Open Until: 08/15/2015 A two-year postdoc...
Research Manager (Job Id: Ul367), University of Louisville, United States, 16 days ago
Job ID: UL367 Location: Kent School of Social Work Equal Employment Opportunity The University of Louisville is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Employer, comm...
Research Manager (Job Id: Ul362), University of Louisville, United States, 22 days ago
Job ID: UL362 Location: Kent School of Social Work Equal Employment Opportunity The University of Louisville is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, Americans with Disabilities Employer, comm...
Postdoctoral Position In Applied Nuclear Physics And Radiochemistry, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
Apply no later than 26 July 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Nutech by completing the following form. Apply online The Hevesy Laboratory is a radiochemical and radiopharmaceutical facility at the Ri...
Postdoc In Cognitive Audio Systems, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 14 days ago
Apply no later than 6 July 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Compute by completing the following form. Apply online A post-doctoral position is available in the Section for Cognitive Systems at DTU Co...
Research Progs/Svcs, Crd 4, University of Florida, United States, 24 days ago
Posting Details Requisition number: 0908586 POSITION INFORMATION Requisition Title RESEARCH PROGS/SVCS, CRD 4 Working Title Research Development Writer Position number: 00029948 Advertised Salary:...