The Horizon Award is presented annually at the National Convention in recognition of an individual who demonstrates, through his/her contributions to the field of health education, outstanding potential to obtain prominence in the health education profession. Up to two such awards may be given.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Previous recipients of awards may not be considered for re-nomination for the same award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for consideration for awards.
- Members of the Awards Committee and of the AAHE Board of Directors are not eligible to receive AAHE awards while they are serving in said roles.
- Be in the health education field five years or less.
- Be a contributor within the field of health education as demonstrated through some of the following:
excellence in teaching
- outstanding administrative achievement
- significant contributions in research
- active leadership in professional organizations
- contributions to professional literature
- outstanding community service
Elizabeth "Beth" Chaney
J. Don Chaney
Adrian R. Lyde
Download Application Form:
Click here to download the Awards Application Form for the HORIZON AWARD in a Word format. (This form is to be completed by the nominator and the candidate.)
Lawson Robinson Hawke’s Bay A&P Scholarship., Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Value: $3000 (incl GST), payable towards their course fees. Tenure of award: The Lawson Robinson Hawke’s Bay A&P Scholarship recipient will receive $3000 (incl GST), payable towards their course f...
Ashby Ph D Scholarship In The Mechanics Of Materials, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
A fully funded PhD scholarship exists in the area of Mechanics of Materials, endowed in honour of Prof M F Ashby. The successful applicant will have a 1st class degree (and ideally a Masters degr...
] Dpf Mentoring Award 2017 , , United States, 26 days ago
The Division of Particles and Fields of the American Physical Society is pleased to announce that the Call for Nominations for the 2017 Mentoring Award is now open. This APS Unit Award is intended...
The Lees Scholarship, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Type of award Bursary Managing department School of Arts, Languages and Cultures Value The PhD bursary funds the equivalent of three years of home/EU fees (full time) or 6 years of home/EU fees (p...
European And Multi Partner Funding Coordinator, Northumbria University, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
European and Multi-Partner Funding Coordinator Research and Business Services Ref: RBS16/04 Salary: £27,038 - £32,861 Working in the Grants & Contracts Team you will deliver a proactive customer-f...
Ph D Home Fee Bursary (Music): Victor Sayer Award, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Type of award Bursary Managing department School of Arts, Languages and Cultures Value The award covers home tuition fees. Specified use Tuition fees. Tenable period The bursary is available for 3...