The Horizon Award is presented annually at the National Convention in recognition of an individual who demonstrates, through his/her contributions to the field of health education, outstanding potential to obtain prominence in the health education profession. Up to two such awards may be given.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Previous recipients of awards may not be considered for re-nomination for the same award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for consideration for awards.
- Members of the Awards Committee and of the AAHE Board of Directors are not eligible to receive AAHE awards while they are serving in said roles.
- Be in the health education field five years or less.
- Be a contributor within the field of health education as demonstrated through some of the following:
excellence in teaching
- outstanding administrative achievement
- significant contributions in research
- active leadership in professional organizations
- contributions to professional literature
- outstanding community service
Elizabeth "Beth" Chaney
J. Don Chaney
Adrian R. Lyde
Download Application Form:
Click here to download the Awards Application Form for the HORIZON AWARD in a Word format. (This form is to be completed by the nominator and the candidate.)
Dpf Mentoring Award 2015, APS, United States, about 12 hours ago
Award ID: APS -DPF -DPFM [#4992] Award Title: DPF Mentoring Award 2015 Type: Fellowship or award Location: College Park, Maryland 20740-3844, United States [map ] Subject Area: Physics Appl Dea...
Freemasons Foundation Inc. :Trevor Prescott Memorial Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, 11 days ago
Opening Date: 04-05-2015 Closing Date: 30-06-2015 DESCRIPTION The Freemasons Foundation Inc. has established through its Special Projects Fund, a scholarship scheme to commemorate the contribution...
The Martin Richmond Award 2014, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Study Level: Research and Taught Postgraduate Country: All countries Subject: Engineering Brief Description The award is supported by the Society for Underwater Technology in association with Wood...
6 Ph D Positions Within The Framework Of The Phonsi Project (Eu Marie Curie Actions), Ghent University, Belgium, 11 days ago
6 PhD positions within the framework of the Phonsi project (EU Marie Curie Actions) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Re...
Future Of Tourism: Master's By Thesis Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 24 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award The tourism2050 project paints four pictures or narratives of t...
Mckenzie Music Therapy Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award The New Zealand Society for Music Therapy (Music Therapy New Ze...