The Horizon Award is presented annually at the National Convention in recognition of an individual who demonstrates, through his/her contributions to the field of health education, outstanding potential to obtain prominence in the health education profession. Up to two such awards may be given.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Previous recipients of awards may not be considered for re-nomination for the same award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for consideration for awards.
- Members of the Awards Committee and of the AAHE Board of Directors are not eligible to receive AAHE awards while they are serving in said roles.
- Be in the health education field five years or less.
- Be a contributor within the field of health education as demonstrated through some of the following:
excellence in teaching
- outstanding administrative achievement
- significant contributions in research
- active leadership in professional organizations
- contributions to professional literature
- outstanding community service
Elizabeth "Beth" Chaney
J. Don Chaney
Adrian R. Lyde
Download Application Form:
Click here to download the Awards Application Form for the HORIZON AWARD in a Word format. (This form is to be completed by the nominator and the candidate.)
Dpf Mentoring Award 2015, APS, United States, 29 days ago
Award ID: APS -DPF -DPFM [#4992] Award Title: DPF Mentoring Award 2015 Award Type: Fellowship or award Location: College Park, Maryland 20740-3844, United States [map ] Subject Area: Physics Ap...
Funding Executive Interface (Fixed Term), The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
ABOUT Interface –The knowledge connection for business The mission of Interface is to promote innovative business – academic collaborations by translating the needs of companies of all sizes and f...
Warren Trust Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award The Warren Trust, via the Victoria University Foundation, has p...
Ian O’rourke Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
Funding Body: Clinical Excellence Commission Title: Ian O’Rourke Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Overseas Description: The Ian O'Rourke Scholarship is designed to allow participan...
Ph D Studentship Hydrodynamic Simulations Of Rotating Black Holes: Theory & Experiment, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
ReferenceSCI1416Closing DateSaturday, 31st January 2015DepartmentMathematical Sciences Fully funded PhD studentship in Mathematical Sciences Hydrodynamic simulations of rotating black holes: theor...
Academic Achievement Awards (Aaa) Ugca1208, University of New South Wales, Australia, 10 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 12/11/2014 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2015 Value $4,000 Scholarship(s) available For 1 year Residency Aus Citizen/Au...