The Horizon Award is presented annually at the National Convention in recognition of an individual who demonstrates, through his/her contributions to the field of health education, outstanding potential to obtain prominence in the health education profession. Up to two such awards may be given.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Previous recipients of awards may not be considered for re-nomination for the same award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for consideration for awards.
- Members of the Awards Committee and of the AAHE Board of Directors are not eligible to receive AAHE awards while they are serving in said roles.
- Be in the health education field five years or less.
- Be a contributor within the field of health education as demonstrated through some of the following:
excellence in teaching
- outstanding administrative achievement
- significant contributions in research
- active leadership in professional organizations
- contributions to professional literature
- outstanding community service
Elizabeth "Beth" Chaney
J. Don Chaney
Adrian R. Lyde
Download Application Form:
Click here to download the Awards Application Form for the HORIZON AWARD in a Word format. (This form is to be completed by the nominator and the candidate.)
Parkinson's Sa :Parkinson's Sa Alison Ballantyne Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, about 16 hours ago
Opening Date: 06-02-2017 Closing Date: 17-03-2017 Parkinson’s SA was established in 1983 to provide services and represent people with Parkinson’s and their families. In honour of Alison Ballantyn...
School Of Mathematics & Statistics Honours Year Award Ugca1255, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 11 hours ago
School of Mathematics & Statistics Honours Year Award UGCA1255 Key Scholarship Details Stage Honours year students Opens 15/02/2017 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2017 Value $7...
Excellence Scholarship Non Eea, Grant Finder, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
Value and purpose of grant: Recipients of the scholarship will receive a monthly allowance towards living expenses, summing up to a total of €10.000. Grant award period: 1 academic year Applicatio...
Maori Education Trust: Roy Watling Mitchell Bursaries Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 5 hours ago
Value: $1,000 Tenure of award: One Year. Closing dates for applications: 31 March 2017 Applications close at 4.30 pm, Friday, 31 Poutū - te - rangi (March) 2017 . Number of awards offered: 24 . ...
Maori Educatio Trust: Rj Graham Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 5 hours ago
Value: $500 Tenure of award: Awarded Annually Closing dates for applications: 24 February 2017 Applications close at 4.30 p m , Friday , 24 Hui - tanguru (February) 2017 . Number of awards offere...
Mel Ferris Scholarship Program, University of California, United States, 9 days ago
Each year, the California Architectural Foundation (CAF) awards 10 scholarships to qualified California architecture students. The CAF promotes healthy and sustainable communities through support ...