Health Education Professional of
the Year School K-12 Award
Qualification of Candidates
The American Association for Health Education (AAHE) seeks to recognize those who enrich the depth and scope of health-related activities. AAHE is proud to cosponsor the Health Education Professional of the Year School K-12 (HEPYS) Awards.
- Previous recipients of awards may not be nominated to receive the award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for nomination for the awards.
- Members of the AAHE Awards Committee and the AAHE Board of Directors and their families are not eligible for nomination while they are serving in said roles. Committee members are not allowed to resign from the Committee in order to be considered for an award.
- Candidates must have five years of experience in the category where they are applying.
- A candidate does not have to be a member of AAHE or AAHPERD.
- Nominees must be practitioners.
- Each candidate must demonstrate specific contributions in the following criteria:
- States wishing to make nominations to their respective Districts may use the form located on this website. The completed form is to be sent to VPP Office AAHPERD, 1900 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191-1599, by October 15th.
- National award winners will be selected by the AAHE Awards Committee prior to the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention. The awards are presented at the AAHE luncheon. No compensation is provided for the recipients to attend the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention.
- Attach only one double–spaced sheet in evidence of each criteria. This write–up should follow the brief biographical section.
- Application Form with Biographical Information
- Contributions to Field Criteria (One double-spaced sheet for each)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Brief Biographical Sketch (example biography)
Click here to download the awards application form for the Health Education Professional of the Year Schools K-12 Award in interactive format.
Submit all nominations by October 15th to:
VPP Office AAHPERD
1900 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191-1599
For questions please contact by phone: 703-476-3437, or email: email@example.com.
Google Sva Scholarship, University of California, United States, about 2 hours ago
Student Veterans of America (SVA), in association with Google, awards 8 scholarships to student veterans in computer science or other closely related fields. Recipients will be invited to attend G...
Gordon Hein Memorial Scholarship, University of California, United States, about 2 hours ago
UCLA Graduate Division awards UCLA students who are blind or who have severe visual impairment a scholarship for graduate school. Nominees must also have financial need and excellent academic reco...
Christopher Knapper Awards, STLHE - Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Canada, 5 days ago
Christopher Knapper Awards The Christopher Knapper awards are named in honour of the individual whose name they bear and the contributions he made to STLHE and to the educational development and t...
Steven J. Sackler Scholarship, University of California, United States, about 2 hours ago
UCLA Graduate Division offers 1 scholarship to a UCLA student who had or is experiencing cancer and demonstrates financial need. The scholarship can be applied to tuition. HOW MUCH? $5,000 Stipend...
Ti Maru Māori Trust Undergraduate Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 11 days ago
Value: $5,000 Tenure of award: One Year. Closing dates for applications: 31 March 2017 Applications close at 4.30 pm, Friday, 31 Poutū - te - rangi (March) 2017 . Number of awards offered: Three...
Bbsrc Funded 4 Year Studentship (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
We are pleased to advertise a 4-year BBSRC co-funded PhD Studentship to conduct research in the Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience available from October 2017. The G. H. Lewes...