Health Education Professional of
the Year School K-12 Award
Qualification of Candidates
The American Association for Health Education (AAHE) seeks to recognize those who enrich the depth and scope of health-related activities. AAHE is proud to cosponsor the Health Education Professional of the Year School K-12 (HEPYS) Awards.
- Previous recipients of awards may not be nominated to receive the award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for nomination for the awards.
- Members of the AAHE Awards Committee and the AAHE Board of Directors and their families are not eligible for nomination while they are serving in said roles. Committee members are not allowed to resign from the Committee in order to be considered for an award.
- Candidates must have five years of experience in the category where they are applying.
- A candidate does not have to be a member of AAHE or AAHPERD.
- Nominees must be practitioners.
- Each candidate must demonstrate specific contributions in the following criteria:
- States wishing to make nominations to their respective Districts may use the form located on this website. The completed form is to be sent to VPP Office AAHPERD, 1900 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191-1599, by October 15th.
- National award winners will be selected by the AAHE Awards Committee prior to the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention. The awards are presented at the AAHE luncheon. No compensation is provided for the recipients to attend the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention.
- Attach only one double–spaced sheet in evidence of each criteria. This write–up should follow the brief biographical section.
- Application Form with Biographical Information
- Contributions to Field Criteria (One double-spaced sheet for each)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Brief Biographical Sketch (example biography)
Click here to download the awards application form for the Health Education Professional of the Year Schools K-12 Award in interactive format.
Submit all nominations by October 15th to:
VPP Office AAHPERD
1900 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191-1599
For questions please contact by phone: 703-476-3437, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hrc Rangahau Hauora Award, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 14 days ago
Value: The award is worth $12,000 Tenure of award: For up to six months research training. Closing dates for applications: 28 July 2016 Full applications open: 1 June 2016 - 8:00am Full applicati...
Commonwealth Scholarships New Zealand, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 10 days ago
Value: Up to a Maximum$27,000 p.a. for three years, dependant om institution (see links below) Tenure of award: The Commonwealth Scholarship is awarded for the maximum period of: PhD Three years C...
Genesis Oncology Trust Postgraduate Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 2 hours ago
Value: $25,000 per year plus University fees Tenure of award: Up to three years - subject to satisfactory progress. Closing dates for applications: 07 October 2016 Closing date Friday October 7 20...
Freemasons Postgraduate Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 12 days ago
Value: $10,000 each Tenure of award: One Year Closing dates for applications: 01 October 2016 01 October 2017 Number of awards offered: Eight History or background of award The Freemasons Scholars...
Magna’s Christopher Knapper Awards, STLHE - Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, Canada, 17 days ago
The Christopher Knapper awards are named in honour of the individual whose name they bear and the contributions he made to STLHE and to the educational development and teaching and learning commun...
South32 Worsley Alumina Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 16 days ago
From 2016, students from Bunbury and South West Western Australia will be able to study engineering where they live. The South32 Worsley Alumina Scholarship is open to current 1st year students w...