Health Education Professional of
the Year School K-12 Award
Qualification of Candidates
The American Association for Health Education (AAHE) seeks to recognize those who enrich the depth and scope of health-related activities. AAHE is proud to cosponsor the Health Education Professional of the Year School K-12 (HEPYS) Awards.
- Previous recipients of awards may not be nominated to receive the award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for nomination for the awards.
- Members of the AAHE Awards Committee and the AAHE Board of Directors and their families are not eligible for nomination while they are serving in said roles. Committee members are not allowed to resign from the Committee in order to be considered for an award.
- Candidates must have five years of experience in the category where they are applying.
- A candidate does not have to be a member of AAHE or AAHPERD.
- Nominees must be practitioners.
- Each candidate must demonstrate specific contributions in the following criteria:
- States wishing to make nominations to their respective Districts may use the form located on this website. The completed form is to be sent to VPP Office AAHPERD, 1900 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191-1599, by October 15th.
- National award winners will be selected by the AAHE Awards Committee prior to the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention. The awards are presented at the AAHE luncheon. No compensation is provided for the recipients to attend the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention.
- Attach only one double–spaced sheet in evidence of each criteria. This write–up should follow the brief biographical section.
- Application Form with Biographical Information
- Contributions to Field Criteria (One double-spaced sheet for each)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Brief Biographical Sketch (example biography)
Click here to download the awards application form for the Health Education Professional of the Year Schools K-12 Award in interactive format.
Submit all nominations by October 15th to:
VPP Office AAHPERD
1900 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191-1599
For questions please contact by phone: 703-476-3437, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
T&G Undergraduate Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 7 days ago
Closing date: 10/03/2016 These scholarships are offered annually by T&G (formerlyTurners and Growers) to assist students of high academic calibre to undertake a degree that will provide them with ...
Awards, Christian Brothers University, United States, 11 days ago
The CBU Alumni Association Awards program began in 1974 with the Distinguished Alumnus Award, and was expanded in the mid-80s to include the Service Awards and the Distinguished Young Alumnus Awar...
2015 S La M Young Leaders Scholarship, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 19 days ago
Scholarship Overview The two young leaders will work alongside the conference facilitator team and will be selected by a panel of people from the SLaM community from nominations received by the SL...
Stanford Australia Foundation Scholarship 2016, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 1 day ago
Scholarship Overview: The 2016 Stanford Australia Foundation Scholarship includes up to $15,000 (for course fees and economy travel) for a NFP executive to attend a Stanford Graduate School of Bus...
Uts Alumni Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 24 days ago
The UTS Alumni Scholarship aims to support and recognise the contributions of current UTS undergraduate students who have demonstrated commitment to UTS and the wider community through their invol...
Stanford Australia Foundation Dyson Bequest Scholarship 2016, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 1 day ago
Scholarship Overview: The SAF Dyson Bequest Scholarship provides up to $50,000 (towards course fees and economy travel) for a NFP executive to attend the Stanford Executive Program (SEP). Establi...