Health Education Professional of
the Year School K-12 Award
Qualification of Candidates
The American Association for Health Education (AAHE) seeks to recognize those who enrich the depth and scope of health-related activities. AAHE is proud to cosponsor the Health Education Professional of the Year School K-12 (HEPYS) Awards.
- Previous recipients of awards may not be nominated to receive the award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for nomination for the awards.
- Members of the AAHE Awards Committee and the AAHE Board of Directors and their families are not eligible for nomination while they are serving in said roles. Committee members are not allowed to resign from the Committee in order to be considered for an award.
- Candidates must have five years of experience in the category where they are applying.
- A candidate does not have to be a member of AAHE or AAHPERD.
- Nominees must be practitioners.
- Each candidate must demonstrate specific contributions in the following criteria:
- States wishing to make nominations to their respective Districts may use the form located on this website. The completed form is to be sent to VPP Office AAHPERD, 1900 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191-1599, by October 15th.
- National award winners will be selected by the AAHE Awards Committee prior to the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention. The awards are presented at the AAHE luncheon. No compensation is provided for the recipients to attend the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention.
- Attach only one double–spaced sheet in evidence of each criteria. This write–up should follow the brief biographical section.
- Application Form with Biographical Information
- Contributions to Field Criteria (One double-spaced sheet for each)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Brief Biographical Sketch (example biography)
Click here to download the awards application form for the Health Education Professional of the Year Schools K-12 Award in interactive format.
Submit all nominations by October 15th to:
VPP Office AAHPERD
1900 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191-1599
For questions please contact by phone: 703-476-3437, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deaf Studies Award, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Value: $2,000 Tenure of award: One year Closing dates for applications: 30 November 2015 Number of awards offered: Varies according to funds available History or background of award This award is ...
Helen Tippett Award, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 21 days ago
Value: $2500 Tenure of award: Applications for the Award will be reviewed by the Panel each year. Closing dates for applications: 20 September 2016 20 September 2017 Applications close annually on...
Fulbright Nga Pae O Te Maramatanga Scholar Award, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Value: Up to US$37,500 Tenure of award: Three to Five Months Closing dates for applications: 01 October 2016 01 October 2017 Number of awards offered: One History or background of award This award...
Graduate Women Wellington Second Year Hutt Valley Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Value: $2000 Tenure of award: The scholarship will be tenable for one year and may be held concurrently with another bursary or scholarship provided the rules for those approve. Closing dates for ...
Kate Sheppard Memorial Award, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Value: $2,500 Tenure of award: The tenure of the Award shall be for a period of one year but this may be extended for a further year if it is deemed desirable to do so having regard to the particu...
Murray King Memorial Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Value: Up to $2,000. Tenure of award: Tenable for one year. Closing dates for applications: 31 December 2015 31 December 2016 Number of awards offered: Generally one per year. History or backgroun...