Health Education Professional of
the Year School K-12 Award
Qualification of Candidates
The American Association for Health Education (AAHE) seeks to recognize those who enrich the depth and scope of health-related activities. AAHE is proud to cosponsor the Health Education Professional of the Year School K-12 (HEPYS) Awards.
- Previous recipients of awards may not be nominated to receive the award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for nomination for the awards.
- Members of the AAHE Awards Committee and the AAHE Board of Directors and their families are not eligible for nomination while they are serving in said roles. Committee members are not allowed to resign from the Committee in order to be considered for an award.
- Candidates must have five years of experience in the category where they are applying.
- A candidate does not have to be a member of AAHE or AAHPERD.
- Nominees must be practitioners.
- Each candidate must demonstrate specific contributions in the following criteria:
- States wishing to make nominations to their respective Districts may use the form located on this website. The completed form is to be sent to VPP Office AAHPERD, 1900 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191-1599, by October 15th.
- National award winners will be selected by the AAHE Awards Committee prior to the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention. The awards are presented at the AAHE luncheon. No compensation is provided for the recipients to attend the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention.
- Attach only one double–spaced sheet in evidence of each criteria. This write–up should follow the brief biographical section.
- Application Form with Biographical Information
- Contributions to Field Criteria (One double-spaced sheet for each)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Brief Biographical Sketch (example biography)
Click here to download the awards application form for the Health Education Professional of the Year Schools K-12 Award in interactive format.
Submit all nominations by October 15th to:
VPP Office AAHPERD
1900 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191-1599
For questions please contact by phone: 703-476-3437, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Victoria Graduate Award, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 1 month ago
Value: Tuition fees up to $5,000 only. Tenure of award: One year. Closing dates for applications: 01 November 2016 01 November 2017 Applications close 1 November each year. Number of awards offere...
Peter Brown Memorial Friendship Award, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Value: NZ$2,000 Tenure of award: One Year Closing dates for applications: 27 May 2016 Applications close 27 May 2016 Number of awards offered: One History or background of award The award was firs...
James Macintosh Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 1 month ago
Value: $5,000 per annum. Tenure of award: * One or years on the recommendation of the Scholarships Committee and based on academic achievement during their study at Victoria University. * In some ...
Experience Awards, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, Canada, 11 days ago
NSERC’s Experience Awards (previously Industrial Undergraduate Student Research Awards [IUSRA]) offer companies access to talented natural sciences and engineering undergraduate students for a ...
Karis Boyd Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 1 month ago
Value: $2,500 Tenure of award: One Year Closing dates for applications: 01 November 2016 1st of November each year Number of awards offered: One History or background of award This scholarship was...
Anstiss Garland Charitable Trust Postgraduate Scholarship In Criminology, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 1 month ago
Value: $15,000 stipend. Tenure of award: * One year (Master's students). * PhD students may reapply for up to three years. Closing dates for applications: 01 November 2016 1st of November each yea...