Health Education Professional of
the Year School K-12 Award
Qualification of Candidates
The American Association for Health Education (AAHE) seeks to recognize those who enrich the depth and scope of health-related activities. AAHE is proud to cosponsor the Health Education Professional of the Year School K-12 (HEPYS) Awards.
- Previous recipients of awards may not be nominated to receive the award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for nomination for the awards.
- Members of the AAHE Awards Committee and the AAHE Board of Directors and their families are not eligible for nomination while they are serving in said roles. Committee members are not allowed to resign from the Committee in order to be considered for an award.
- Candidates must have five years of experience in the category where they are applying.
- A candidate does not have to be a member of AAHE or AAHPERD.
- Nominees must be practitioners.
- Each candidate must demonstrate specific contributions in the following criteria:
- States wishing to make nominations to their respective Districts may use the form located on this website. The completed form is to be sent to VPP Office AAHPERD, 1900 Association Drive, Reston, VA 20191-1599, by October 15th.
- National award winners will be selected by the AAHE Awards Committee prior to the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention. The awards are presented at the AAHE luncheon. No compensation is provided for the recipients to attend the AAHE/AAHPERD national convention.
- Attach only one double–spaced sheet in evidence of each criteria. This write–up should follow the brief biographical section.
- Application Form with Biographical Information
- Contributions to Field Criteria (One double-spaced sheet for each)
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Brief Biographical Sketch (example biography)
Click here to download the awards application form for the Health Education Professional of the Year Schools K-12 Award in interactive format.
Submit all nominations by October 15th to:
VPP Office AAHPERD
1900 Association Drive
Reston, VA 20191-1599
For questions please contact by phone: 703-476-3437, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jim Ansell Geophysics Scholarship Vuw, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Value: $1,500.00 Tenure of award: One year Closing dates for applications: 18 September 2016 Number of awards offered: One per year. History or background of award The Scholarship was founded by m...
Massey University Queen Elizabeth Ii Diamond Jubilee Trust Pasifika Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 21 days ago
Closing dates: 28/02/2017 28/02/2018 28/02/2019 28/02/2020 Purpose The Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Trust provides New Zealanders with a special opportunity to pay tribute to the Queen...
George J Mitchell Scholarship Program, University of California, United States, 12 days ago
The US-Ireland Alliance awards up to 12 scholarships yearly for intellectually achieving students interested in pursuing graduate study in Ireland for 1 year. The applicant ought to be nominated b...
The Adastra Foundation Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 22 days ago
Value: Determined by Trustees Tenure of award: One Year Closing dates for applications: 16 September 2016 Number of awards offered: Awarded at the discretion of the Trustees History or background ...
Proposal And Award Generalist, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 12 days ago
Description The College of Earth and Mineral Sciences is seeking a dynamic and dedicated individual for a challenging position in Research Administration. The selected candidate will join a highl...
Dissertation Grants, University of California, United States, 25 days ago
The American Educational Research Association (AERA), with support from the NSF, awards around 15 students to stimulate research on US education for 1 year. Doctoral students will be using data fr...