Fullbright 2012 International Fulbright Science And Technology Ph.D. Program
2012 International Fulbright Science and Technology Ph.D. Program
The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi is pleased to announce the 2012 International Fulbright Science and Technology Ph.D. Scholarship Program for outstanding Vietnamese candidates. Grantees will be enrolled in Ph.D. study at top U.S. universities in the fields of science, technology, or engineering that will begin in the academic year 2012-2013.
The Scholarship recipients receive assistance in gaining admission to prestigious U.S. institutions and three years of fiscal support which includes: academic tuition and fee coverage, a monthly living stipend, book and supplies allowance, conference and research allowances, health and accident coverage, round trip airfare from home country to the United States, and specially tailored enrichment activities.
Sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, the Scholarship is designed to be among the most prestigious international scholarships in science and technology. Approximately 40 awards will be granted worldwide for candidates who demonstrate unique aptitude and innovation in scientific fields.
In Vietnam, the award is coordinated through the Fulbright Program within the Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy in Hanoi. Up to two principal nominees and one alternate nominee will be nominated by the Fulbright Program in Vietnam for final selection by a U.S.-based selection committee.
Eligible fields of study:
The 18 eligible fields include:
- Aeronautics and aeronautical engineering
- Agriculture (theoretical or research-based focus only)
- Astronomy/planetary sciences
- Biomedical engineering
- Computer sciences/engineering
- Engineering (electrical, chemical, civil, industrial, mechanical, ocean, and petroleum)
- Environmental science/engineering (theoretical or science research-based focus only)
- Geology/earth and atmospheric sciences
- Information sciences and systems (engineering focus only)
- Materials science/engineering
- Public health (biostatistics or epidemiology)
View or Apply