Director Of Flex Program And Professional Mba Program Sales, College Of William And Mary
College of William and Mary Listed about a year ago
Director of Flex Program and Professional MBA Program Sales
The College of William and Mary, located in Williamsburg, VA, is one of the nation's premier state-assisted liberal arts universities. Committed to limited enrollment, the College provides high-quality undergraduate, graduate and professional education that prepares students to make significant contributions to the Commonwealth of Virginia and the nation. As the second-oldest institution of higher learning in the United States and educational home to many early American leaders, The College is revered as the "alma mater of a nation."
The Mason School of Business is an AACSB-accredited school of business. The school was named for William and Mary alumnus, Raymond A. "Chip" Mason in November 2005. Miller Hall was named for William and Mary alumnus, Alan B. Miller in March 2007. The Flex and Executive MBA programs are specifically designed for working professionals. The Flex MBA is an evening program and the Executive MBA is a weekend program. Highly motivated students with five to ten years of work experience are our target markets. These programs are gaining in reputation and status and seek to expand.
The Mason School of Business seeks an experienced professional to direct and oversee the Flex Program and Professional MBA Program Sales.
- Development and implementation of innovative strategies, initiatives and partnerships and programs that ensure successful attraction, recruitment and matriculation of high caliber students for the Flex and Executive MBA Programs.
- Develop and manage the sales (admissions) staff and budget.
- Champion the Flex program, recommend changes and improvements to keep it at the forefront of the market it serves.
-Collaborate effectively with the Assistant Dean of the MBA Program, Marketing and Communications, W&M CareerPREP and Corporate Relations and Alumni Relations to accomplish the objectives of the Mason School of Business in general, and Admissions goals in particular.
- Marshall ancillary resources as needed to support MBA sales goals.
- Assess the effectiveness of strategy and tactics for continuous improvement.
To apply, candidates must create an application; submit a resume and cover letter to the online job site at https://jobs.wm.edu/. Review of applications will begin July 27th and will continue until an appointment is made. For additional information about the Mason School of Business and our unique MBA program go to http://mason.wm.edu/mason/.
The College of William & Mary is an EEO/AA employer.
The College of William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
- B.A. required
- A minimum of five years of sales management experience in higher education or the corporate sector.
- Progressive administrative responsibility, including management of budgets and staff.
- Strong familiarity with current trends in higher education, MBA Programs, business education, and business and economic issues.
- Knowledge of general management curricula including familiarity with other institutions' courses and programs.
- Must exhibit strong leadership, management and planning skills, especially in the area of sales management.
Must be a visionary problem solver and change agent.
- Ability to establish metrics for department and employee goals.
- Must possess skills in conflict management techniques.
- Must be innovative, creative, and embrace new approaches and technology.
- Must exhibit outstanding communication skills and a positive, collegial working style.
- Must be able to manage resources effectively and efficiently.
- Must be willing to engage in domestic travel up to three days a week and some international travel.
- Must be an active participant in professional organizations.
- Must embrace the mission and vision of the Mason School of Business.
- Master of Business Administration or related graduate degree strongly preferred
- Higher education admissions experience is a strong plus
- Knowledge of admissions and Banner software preferred
William & Mary
Commensurate with experience
University Salary Range
View Salary Range
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Does this position accept online applications?
If this position will work less than 12 months please indicate how many months
Special Application Instructions
Conditions of Employment:
(Example overtime/week-end/holiday work required; hours of work if not 8-5 work schedule for hourly positions)
William and Mary is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access employer and actively encourages applications from minorities, women, disabled persons and veterans.
View or Apply