Associate Director, MBA Student Affairs - Archive
Lundquist College of Business
Position: Associate Director, MBA Student Affairs
Term: 12-month, Fixed Term, Full-time, Renewable
Reports to: Assistant Dean of MBA Program
Closing: Review of Applications begins July 1, 2012 and continues until position filled
Associate Director, MBA Student Affairs
The Associate Director, MBA Student Affairs will ensure a high quality experience for incoming and current graduate students. This position has responsibility for many operational aspects of student services in the program including, but not limited to, student services management; student advising; program management; recruiting and admissions. The Associate Director reports to the Assistant Dean of the MBA Program and will work closely with directors of the Lundquist College of Business Centers of Excellence and the director of the MAcc program to ensure seamless communication. For more information about the college and its programs visit: LCB
Graduate degree required; MBA preferred
Minimum of 5 years’ experience serving in student/client customer services required; supervisory capacity preferred
Higher education experience preferred
Strong oral and written communication skills required
Strong office applications and database management skills required
Ability to travel as needed required
Ability to work in a collaborative and effective manner with faculty, administrators, students, alumni and business people at all levels of an organization
Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with program’s constituents
Final candidate must successfully complete a criminal background check.
1. Coordinate student services, including orientation, graduation and other aspects of student life.
2. Collaborate across functional areas, programs, departments and centers on events and projects that support program goals.
3. Design and develop communication vehicles for MBA and MAcc students across the school, the UO and external community to ensure broad exposure for the programs.
4. Actively pursue internal and external partnerships that enhance student activities, committees and organizations that provide additional opportunities for leadership development.
5. Serve as primary academic advisor to MBA students and assist both MBA and MAcc students in course registration; development of plans of study and provide guidance to ensure progress toward degree completion.
6. Serve as main contact for course scheduling and serve as liaison between students and academic units.
7. Plan, implement and administer orientation sessions, commencement activities, workshops and other events which assist graduate students in their pursuits of success and an educational degree.
8. Work collaboratively with assistant dean and center directors in development of operational and program goals for program.
9. Attend recruiting events and fairs; contribute to coordination of office activities around recruiting and admissions.
10. Assist the assistant dean with special projects including but not limited to the assessment of learning, survey development, data collection, and data evaluation.
Employment beginning: September 2012 or sooner (negotiable)
Application Procedure: Submit a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three professional references to MBASearch@lcbmail.uoregon.edu. Review of applications will begin July 1, 2012 and continue until position is filled.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Assessment Specialist: Leading K12 Education Enterprise In India, XSEED Education, India, 23 days ago
An Unusual Opportunity: Build a World-Class Assessment Toolkit to Improve Understanding and Application Skills for Half a Million Children in IndiaAs Assesment Specialist, you will work alongside c...
Administrative Assistant, University of Miami, United States, 5 days ago
The School of Business Administration Graduate Business Programs’ office is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant to serve as the main contact to the students and faculty of the MS and MAc...
Assistant Director, Mba Admissions, Stanford University, United States, 26 days ago
Assistant Director, MBA Admissions - 65193 Description The Assistant Director of MBA Admissions collaborates with the MBA Admissions Office to attract, recruit, select, and enroll an exceptional c...
Senior Program Coordinator Senior Admissions Officer Dfw Metro, University of Texas at Tyler, United States, 2 days ago
Additional Information Purpose To lead the recruitment and selection of students for the Texas MBA at Dallas Program. Essential Functions Manage Texas MBA at Dallas class profile based on goals se...
Coordinator, University of West Florida, United States, 6 days ago
Position Number (If OPS, please enter "OPS." If unknown, enter "TBA.") 104110 Position Title Coordinator Working Title (if applicable) MBA Coordinator Requisition Number 1991 Job Category Staff Co...
Director, Admissions, University of Miami, United States, 5 days ago
The School of Business Administration Graduate Business Programs office is seeking a Director of Admissions and Recruiting to assist in the planning and execution of the recruiting strategy, inclu...