Associate Director, MBA Student Affairs - Archive
Lundquist College of Business
Position: Associate Director, MBA Student Affairs
Term: 12-month, Fixed Term, Full-time, Renewable
Reports to: Assistant Dean of MBA Program
Closing: Review of Applications begins July 1, 2012 and continues until position filled
Associate Director, MBA Student Affairs
The Associate Director, MBA Student Affairs will ensure a high quality experience for incoming and current graduate students. This position has responsibility for many operational aspects of student services in the program including, but not limited to, student services management; student advising; program management; recruiting and admissions. The Associate Director reports to the Assistant Dean of the MBA Program and will work closely with directors of the Lundquist College of Business Centers of Excellence and the director of the MAcc program to ensure seamless communication. For more information about the college and its programs visit: LCB
Graduate degree required; MBA preferred
Minimum of 5 years’ experience serving in student/client customer services required; supervisory capacity preferred
Higher education experience preferred
Strong oral and written communication skills required
Strong office applications and database management skills required
Ability to travel as needed required
Ability to work in a collaborative and effective manner with faculty, administrators, students, alumni and business people at all levels of an organization
Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
Proven ability to work effectively and collaboratively with program’s constituents
Final candidate must successfully complete a criminal background check.
1. Coordinate student services, including orientation, graduation and other aspects of student life.
2. Collaborate across functional areas, programs, departments and centers on events and projects that support program goals.
3. Design and develop communication vehicles for MBA and MAcc students across the school, the UO and external community to ensure broad exposure for the programs.
4. Actively pursue internal and external partnerships that enhance student activities, committees and organizations that provide additional opportunities for leadership development.
5. Serve as primary academic advisor to MBA students and assist both MBA and MAcc students in course registration; development of plans of study and provide guidance to ensure progress toward degree completion.
6. Serve as main contact for course scheduling and serve as liaison between students and academic units.
7. Plan, implement and administer orientation sessions, commencement activities, workshops and other events which assist graduate students in their pursuits of success and an educational degree.
8. Work collaboratively with assistant dean and center directors in development of operational and program goals for program.
9. Attend recruiting events and fairs; contribute to coordination of office activities around recruiting and admissions.
10. Assist the assistant dean with special projects including but not limited to the assessment of learning, survey development, data collection, and data evaluation.
Employment beginning: September 2012 or sooner (negotiable)
Application Procedure: Submit a cover letter, resume, names and contact information for three professional references to MBASearch@lcbmail.uoregon.edu. Review of applications will begin July 1, 2012 and continue until position is filled.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Office of Affirmative Action & Equal Opportunity
· 677 East 12th Ave., Suite 452 · 5221 University of Oregon, Eugene, OR 97403-5221
Office (541) 346-3123, Fax (541) 346-4168, Jobline (541) 346-2957 · This announcement is available in alternate formats upon request.
If you are a qualified applicant with a disability and need accommodation with the application process, please contact us for assistance.
Columbia University Senior Research Scientist, NCDP, United States, 10 days ago
Job posted by Science Careers (18/11/2014 00.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Agricultural Researcher For Resource Flow Modelling Project In London, Institute for Integrated Economic Research, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Job Vacancy: Agricultural Researcher (Early Stage Career)Duration: Full time appointment Salary: £1700 mth. - £3000 mth. dependent on experienceThe Project:The Institute for ...
Program Manager, The Ohio State University, United States, 12 days ago
Summary of Duties This position is part of the Academic and Student Services team within the Graduate Programs Office; collaborates with faculty and staff across the Full-Time MBA program to suppo...
Assistant Director, Mba Admissions, Stanford University, United States, 2 days ago
Assistant Director, MBA Admissions - 65193 Description The Assistant Director of MBA Admissions collaborates with the MBA Admissions Office to attract, recruit, select, and enroll an exceptional c...
Student Affairs Officer Iv, University of Carlifornia, United States, 21 days ago
Requisition Number: 21219 Job Title: STUDENT AFFAIRS OFFICER IV Working Title: Associate Director of MBA Admissions Salary: 4442-8765 Job Type: Career Department Name: 0300-ANDERSON GRAD SCH OF MA...
Senior Program Coordinator, University of Texas at Tyler, United States, 14 days ago
Additional Information Purpose To lead the recruitment and selection of students for the Texas MBA at Houston Program. Essential Functions Manage Texas MBA at Houston class profile based on goals ...