AAHE Scholar Award
The AAHE scholar award is presented annually at the National Convention to recognize an association member who has had a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations related to health promotion/education. One such award may be given annually.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Previous recipients of awards may not be considered for re-nomination for the same award until 10 years have passed since the initial award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for consideration for awards.
- Members of the Awards Committee and of the AAHE Board of Directors are not eligible to receive AAHE awards while they are serving in said roles.
- A minimum of 10 years in the profession.
- A minimum of five continuous years membership in AAHE and must be a current member.
- The individual selected must have a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations in health.
- The individual must be currently producing scholarly materials in health.
- The individual selected must provide evidence of in-depth study in health.
- The individual selected must be a significant contributor to health education.
- The individual selected must be capable of communicating ideas and facts to groups with diverse memberships.
Loren B. Bensley, Jr.
Mary K. Beyrer (selected as Alliance Scholar)
David R. "Randy" Black
John J. Burt
William H. Creswell, Jr.
Gus T. Dalis
James M. Eddy
Joyce V. Fetro
E. D. Glover (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Robert S. Gold
Lawrence W. Green (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Jerrold S. Greenberg
Jessie Helen Haag
Marian V. Hamburg
David K. Lohrmann
Robert J. McDermott
Richard K. Means
Ann E. Nolte
Thomas W. O'Rourke
B.E. "Buzz" Pruitt
Robert D. Russell
John R. Seffrin
Elena M. Sliepcevich
Elaine J. Stone
Robert F. "Skip" Valois
Download Application Form:
Click here to download the Awards Application Form for the AAHE Scholar Award in a Word format. (This form is to be completed by the nominator and the candidate.)
Ashby Ph D Scholarship In The Mechanics Of Materials, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
A fully funded PhD scholarship exists in the area of mechanics of materials, endowed in honour of Prof M F Ashby. The successful applicant will have a 1st class degree (and ideally a Masters degr...
Peo International Peace Scholarship Fund, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 22 days ago
Value: Up to USD$8,000 per year, based on need. Tenure of award: The application is made for a period not to exceed one year (two semesters and one summer session or equivalent). Extensions are po...
Yvonne A M Smith Charitable Trust Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 22 days ago
Value: Up to $60,000 Tenure of award: The scholarship shall be for one year, unless the trustee, for any reason which it deems sufficient, determines that the scholarship shall be for such shorter...
Philanthropic And Educational Organization International Peace Scholarship, University of California, United States, 23 days ago
The Philanthropic and Educational Organization (PEO) supports women from other countries for 1 year who want to attend graduate school at institutions in the US. This scholarship is for full-time ...
Victoria University Foundation Trustees' Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 22 days ago
Value: $5,000 per annum stipend plus tuition fees of up to $5,000 per annum; subject to fund availability. Tenure of award: The Scholarship may be retained for three years providing an average B (...
William Wallace Gibson Memorial Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 22 days ago
Value: $2000.00 Tenure of award: One year. Closing dates for applications: 15 November 2015 15 November 2016 Applications close 15 November. Number of awards offered: One each year. History or bac...