AAHE Scholar Award
The AAHE scholar award is presented annually at the National Convention to recognize an association member who has had a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations related to health promotion/education. One such award may be given annually.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Previous recipients of awards may not be considered for re-nomination for the same award until 10 years have passed since the initial award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for consideration for awards.
- Members of the Awards Committee and of the AAHE Board of Directors are not eligible to receive AAHE awards while they are serving in said roles.
- A minimum of 10 years in the profession.
- A minimum of five continuous years membership in AAHE and must be a current member.
- The individual selected must have a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations in health.
- The individual must be currently producing scholarly materials in health.
- The individual selected must provide evidence of in-depth study in health.
- The individual selected must be a significant contributor to health education.
- The individual selected must be capable of communicating ideas and facts to groups with diverse memberships.
Loren B. Bensley, Jr.
Mary K. Beyrer (selected as Alliance Scholar)
David R. "Randy" Black
John J. Burt
William H. Creswell, Jr.
Gus T. Dalis
James M. Eddy
Joyce V. Fetro
E. D. Glover (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Robert S. Gold
Lawrence W. Green (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Jerrold S. Greenberg
Jessie Helen Haag
Marian V. Hamburg
David K. Lohrmann
Robert J. McDermott
Richard K. Means
Ann E. Nolte
Thomas W. O'Rourke
B.E. "Buzz" Pruitt
Robert D. Russell
John R. Seffrin
Elena M. Sliepcevich
Elaine J. Stone
Robert F. "Skip" Valois
Download Application Form:
Click here to download the Awards Application Form for the AAHE Scholar Award in a Word format. (This form is to be completed by the nominator and the candidate.)
The Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
J. Walter Thompson Worldwide, the world's best-known marketing communications brand, has been creating pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and business for more than 150 years. Headqua...
Care Leavers Bursary , University College London, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Undergraduate Access Awards Important Information for All Applicants In 1826 the founders of UCL planned that the new university should admit those students who could benefit from education withou...
J. Walter Thompson :Helen Lansdowne Resor (Hlr) Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, 17 days ago
Opening Date: 23-03-2015 Closing Date: 31-05-2015 DESCRIPTION Named after the industry’s and J. Walter Thompson’s first female copywriter, Helen Lansdowne Resor, the international Helen Lansdowne ...
Westpac Bicentennial Foundation Asian Exchange Scholarship », Australian National University, Australia, 1 day ago
Overview This scholarship was established by the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation as part of Westpac's 200th anniversary celebrations, which will be officially commemorated in 2017. The scholarship...
Uts Alumni Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 21 days ago
The UTS Alumni Scholarship aims to support and recognise the contributions of current UTS undergraduate students who have demonstrated commitment to UTS and the wider community through their invol...
2016 John Monash Scholarships, Australian Scholarships Foundation, Australia, 22 days ago
Scholarship Overview The John Monash Scholarships recognise excellence and leadership, and celebrate one of Australia's finest leaders: General Sir John Monash. Each year the Scholarships are awar...