AAHE Scholar Award
The AAHE scholar award is presented annually at the National Convention to recognize an association member who has had a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations related to health promotion/education. One such award may be given annually.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Previous recipients of awards may not be considered for re-nomination for the same award until 10 years have passed since the initial award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for consideration for awards.
- Members of the Awards Committee and of the AAHE Board of Directors are not eligible to receive AAHE awards while they are serving in said roles.
- A minimum of 10 years in the profession.
- A minimum of five continuous years membership in AAHE and must be a current member.
- The individual selected must have a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations in health.
- The individual must be currently producing scholarly materials in health.
- The individual selected must provide evidence of in-depth study in health.
- The individual selected must be a significant contributor to health education.
- The individual selected must be capable of communicating ideas and facts to groups with diverse memberships.
Loren B. Bensley, Jr.
Mary K. Beyrer (selected as Alliance Scholar)
David R. "Randy" Black
John J. Burt
William H. Creswell, Jr.
Gus T. Dalis
James M. Eddy
Joyce V. Fetro
E. D. Glover (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Robert S. Gold
Lawrence W. Green (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Jerrold S. Greenberg
Jessie Helen Haag
Marian V. Hamburg
David K. Lohrmann
Robert J. McDermott
Richard K. Means
Ann E. Nolte
Thomas W. O'Rourke
B.E. "Buzz" Pruitt
Robert D. Russell
John R. Seffrin
Elena M. Sliepcevich
Elaine J. Stone
Robert F. "Skip" Valois
Download Application Form:
Click here to download the Awards Application Form for the AAHE Scholar Award in a Word format. (This form is to be completed by the nominator and the candidate.)
Google Sva Scholarship, University of California, United States, 7 days ago
Student Veterans of America (SVA), in association with Google, awards 8 scholarships to student veterans in computer science or other closely related fields. Recipients will be invited to attend G...
Bbsrc Funded 4 Year Studentship (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
We are pleased to advertise a 4-year BBSRC co-funded PhD Studentship to conduct research in the Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience available from October 2017. The G. H. Lewes...
Cordelia Schmid : Inria – French Académie Des Sciences Grand Prize , Inria, France, 10 days ago
© Inria / Photo G .Scagnelli Cordelia Schmid, recognised as one of the worlds’ leading specialists in computer aided vision, heads up the Thoth project team at Inria’s Grenoble Rhône-Alpes researc...
Google Lime Scholarship Program, University of California, United States, 7 days ago
Each year, Google and Lime Connect award 13 scholarships to students with disabilities pursuing a degree in computer science or a related technical field. Selected students will also be invited to...
Mrc Industrial Case Ph D Studentship – Investigation Of The Anti Biofilm Activities Of Inhibitors Of The Las B Protease And Their Application In The Treatment Of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Infections In Cystic Fibrosis Patients, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Biological Sciences Research Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Sunday 05 February 2017 Reference: 824317BJ PhD Supervisor: Prof. Jeremy S. Webb Co supervisors: Prof. Saul N. Faust, Dr Marti...
Point Foundation Scholarship, University of California, United States, 7 days ago
The Point Foundation awards up to 23 scholarships to US Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) students. The Point Foundation hopes to empower and support LGBTQ students who have be...