AAHE Scholar Award
The AAHE scholar award is presented annually at the National Convention to recognize an association member who has had a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations related to health promotion/education. One such award may be given annually.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Previous recipients of awards may not be considered for re-nomination for the same award until 10 years have passed since the initial award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for consideration for awards.
- Members of the Awards Committee and of the AAHE Board of Directors are not eligible to receive AAHE awards while they are serving in said roles.
- A minimum of 10 years in the profession.
- A minimum of five continuous years membership in AAHE and must be a current member.
- The individual selected must have a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations in health.
- The individual must be currently producing scholarly materials in health.
- The individual selected must provide evidence of in-depth study in health.
- The individual selected must be a significant contributor to health education.
- The individual selected must be capable of communicating ideas and facts to groups with diverse memberships.
Loren B. Bensley, Jr.
Mary K. Beyrer (selected as Alliance Scholar)
David R. "Randy" Black
John J. Burt
William H. Creswell, Jr.
Gus T. Dalis
James M. Eddy
Joyce V. Fetro
E. D. Glover (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Robert S. Gold
Lawrence W. Green (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Jerrold S. Greenberg
Jessie Helen Haag
Marian V. Hamburg
David K. Lohrmann
Robert J. McDermott
Richard K. Means
Ann E. Nolte
Thomas W. O'Rourke
B.E. "Buzz" Pruitt
Robert D. Russell
John R. Seffrin
Elena M. Sliepcevich
Elaine J. Stone
Robert F. "Skip" Valois
Download Application Form:
Click here to download the Awards Application Form for the AAHE Scholar Award in a Word format. (This form is to be completed by the nominator and the candidate.)
Ph D Studentship In Cystic Fibrosis Epidemiology, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
£21,586 Stipend pa for 3 years . ful PhD fees covered at a rate of £4,200.00 per year. (Due to funding, aviailable to UK/EU applicants only) Cystic fibrosis is the commonest serious inherited gen...
Sofja Kovalevskaja Award, American Friends of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, United States, 7 days ago
The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s Sofja Kovalevskaja Award, which is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, is granted to young exceptionally promising researchers from ab...
Scientia Scholarships Ugca1137, University of New South Wales, Australia, 6 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage High school leavers Opens 01/07/2015 Closing Date See below For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $10,000 Scholarship(s) available For Duration of program (minimum)...
Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship », Australian National University, Australia, 26 days ago
Overview This scholarship was established by the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation as part of Westpac's 200th anniversary celebrations, which will be officially commemorated in 2017. The scholarship...
Rotary Soukup Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 19 days ago
<="" p="">/div> Value and duration One (1) Recipient will receive a total value of $45,000 over three (3) years. The Recipient will receive $15,000 per year for the Scholarship's maximum duration....
Sternberg Family Scholarship Internship Award Ugca1353, University of New South Wales, Australia, about 5 hours ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Third year and above Opens 06/07/2015 Closing Date 30/11/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $5,000 Scholarship(s) available For one semester Residency No res...