AAHE Scholar Award
The AAHE scholar award is presented annually at the National Convention to recognize an association member who has had a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations related to health promotion/education. One such award may be given annually.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Previous recipients of awards may not be considered for re-nomination for the same award until 10 years have passed since the initial award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for consideration for awards.
- Members of the Awards Committee and of the AAHE Board of Directors are not eligible to receive AAHE awards while they are serving in said roles.
- A minimum of 10 years in the profession.
- A minimum of five continuous years membership in AAHE and must be a current member.
- The individual selected must have a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations in health.
- The individual must be currently producing scholarly materials in health.
- The individual selected must provide evidence of in-depth study in health.
- The individual selected must be a significant contributor to health education.
- The individual selected must be capable of communicating ideas and facts to groups with diverse memberships.
Loren B. Bensley, Jr.
Mary K. Beyrer (selected as Alliance Scholar)
David R. "Randy" Black
John J. Burt
William H. Creswell, Jr.
Gus T. Dalis
James M. Eddy
Joyce V. Fetro
E. D. Glover (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Robert S. Gold
Lawrence W. Green (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Jerrold S. Greenberg
Jessie Helen Haag
Marian V. Hamburg
David K. Lohrmann
Robert J. McDermott
Richard K. Means
Ann E. Nolte
Thomas W. O'Rourke
B.E. "Buzz" Pruitt
Robert D. Russell
John R. Seffrin
Elena M. Sliepcevich
Elaine J. Stone
Robert F. "Skip" Valois
Download Application Form:
Click here to download the Awards Application Form for the AAHE Scholar Award in a Word format. (This form is to be completed by the nominator and the candidate.)
Hrc Rangahau Hauora Award, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Value: The award is worth $12,000 Tenure of award: For up to six months research training. Closing dates for applications: 28 July 2016 Full applications open: 1 June 2016 - 8:00am Full applicati...
Mariam K. Chamberlain Dissertation Award, University of California, United States, 25 days ago
Re:Gender established the one-academic-year Mariam K. Chamberlain Dissertation Award through a generous matching grant from the Ford Foundation. The Award enables Re:Gender to continue Mariam’s wo...
South32 Worsley Alumina Scholarship, Edith Cowan University, Australia, 15 days ago
From 2016, students from Bunbury and South West Western Australia will be able to study engineering where they live. The South32 Worsley Alumina Scholarship is open to current 1st year students w...
The Curtin Ph D Scholarship For Clinical Research, University of Sydney, Australia, 6 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: The Curtin PhD Scholarship for Clinical Research Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Two generous scholarships are ava...
Ph D Studentship Nonlinear Fourier Transform In Application To Optical, Aston University, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
View All Vacancies Engineering and Applied Science - Studentships Contract Type: Fixed Term (3 Years) Basis: Full Time Closing Date: Monday 30 May 2016 Reference: R160164 Applications are invite...
Ph D Studentship: Identification Of Genetic Targets Of Acquired Uniparental Disomy, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Human Development & Health Location: Southampton General Hospital Closing Date: Thursday 30 June 2016 Reference: 733716AF Lead Institute / Faculty: University of Southampton / Faculty of Medicine ...