AAHE Scholar Award
The AAHE scholar award is presented annually at the National Convention to recognize an association member who has had a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations related to health promotion/education. One such award may be given annually.
Qualifications of Candidates:
- Previous recipients of awards may not be considered for re-nomination for the same award until 10 years have passed since the initial award.
- Deceased persons are not eligible for consideration for awards.
- Members of the Awards Committee and of the AAHE Board of Directors are not eligible to receive AAHE awards while they are serving in said roles.
- A minimum of 10 years in the profession.
- A minimum of five continuous years membership in AAHE and must be a current member.
- The individual selected must have a scholarly record for a number of years, as evidenced by publications and presentations in health.
- The individual must be currently producing scholarly materials in health.
- The individual selected must provide evidence of in-depth study in health.
- The individual selected must be a significant contributor to health education.
- The individual selected must be capable of communicating ideas and facts to groups with diverse memberships.
Loren B. Bensley, Jr.
Mary K. Beyrer (selected as Alliance Scholar)
David R. "Randy" Black
John J. Burt
William H. Creswell, Jr.
Gus T. Dalis
James M. Eddy
Joyce V. Fetro
E. D. Glover (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Robert S. Gold
Lawrence W. Green (selected as Alliance Scholar)
Jerrold S. Greenberg
Jessie Helen Haag
Marian V. Hamburg
David K. Lohrmann
Robert J. McDermott
Richard K. Means
Ann E. Nolte
Thomas W. O'Rourke
B.E. "Buzz" Pruitt
Robert D. Russell
John R. Seffrin
Elena M. Sliepcevich
Elaine J. Stone
Robert F. "Skip" Valois
Download Application Form:
Click here to download the Awards Application Form for the AAHE Scholar Award in a Word format. (This form is to be completed by the nominator and the candidate.)
Mariam K. Chamberlain Dissertation Award, University of California, United States, 3 days ago
Re:Gender established the one-academic-year Mariam K. Chamberlain Dissertation Award through a generous matching grant from the Ford Foundation. The Award enables Re:Gender to continue Mariam’s wo...
Ph D In Condensed Matter Physics (Diamond) (Ph D Studentship), Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Job posted by Cardiff University (08/04/2016 15.02) PhD in Condensed Matter Physics (Diamond) (PhD Studentship) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions a...
Ph D Studentship Nonlinear Fourier Transform In Application To Optical, Aston University, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
View All Vacancies Engineering & Applied Science Contract Type: Fixed Term (3 Years) Basis: Full Time Closing Date: Monday 30 May 2016 Reference: R160164 Applications are invited for a three yea...
Ph D Studentship: The Role Of Micro Rna: Target Interactions In Tendon Function Deterioration, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Supervisors: K. Whysall, P. Clegg, M. Peffers, A. Molloy, H. Screen Description: We seek to appoint an individual wishing to undertake a PhD relating to tendon miRNA biology for the following proj...
Ph D Position Reuse Of Embedded Sofware Code Artefacts By Refactoring, CEA Tech, France, 13 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (21/04/2016 16.24) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Phd Studentship: Is The Activation Of Nf X B And Increased Pro Inflammatory Cytokine Generation That Is Seen In Ageing Muscle Restricted To Those Muscle Fibres With Distrupted Nmj?, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
Supervisors: Dr Aphrodite Vasilaki and Professor Anne McArdle Description: Our previous studies showed that muscle-specific deletion of Sod1 induces relatively minor phenotypic changes in muscle m...