University Of Manchester President'S Doctoral Scholar Awards (Pds Awards), University Of Manchester
University of Manchester President's Doctoral Scholar Awards (PDS Awards)
Type of award
- Manchester Business School
In addition to standard awards which include tuition fee and stipend, successful PDS Award candidates are entitled to an additional £1,000 p.a. enhancement to their funded stipend/living allowance.
They will also have the opportunity to:
- Be invited to attend a series of exclusive events where you'll have the opportunity to meet the University of Manchester President and Vice Chancellor, interact closely with our academic community and network with other PDS Award students
- Benefit from international research leadership under distinguished scholars
- Become a PDS Award ambassador for the University
- Receive a President's Doctoral Scholar medal at graduation
- Benefit from our extensive postgraduate researcher development and training
- The prestigious PDS Awards are open to all nationalities and research areas. Consideration will be based on academic track record and evidence of research potential.
The awards are available on a competitive basis for candidates joining the PhD Business and Management or PhD Accounting and Finance programme at Manchester Business School in September 2013.
Three years commencing September 2013
Continuation of award
Continuation of the award is subject to satisfactory progress.
To be confirmed
- The University of Manchester
Level(s) of study
This funding is available to students undertaking the following types of study:
- Postgraduate research
Allowed study options
This funding is available to students undertaking the following modes of study:
This funding is available to students undertaking study in:
- MBA Business Programmes
Applicants must have obtained a First or Upper Second Class Honours degree (or equivalent) and hold (or expect to obtain) a Masters-level qualification with Merit or Distinction. They should have a track-record of research engagement (including relevant research experience and dissemination) and/ or potential for outstanding research, as demonstrated in the quality of the proposal submitted as part of the application.
This funding is available to all nationalities.
To be considered for the above awards, candidates should submit a PhD application and indicate the funding opportunities you wish to be considered for.
Only those applicants with an offer of a place on the PhD programme for September 2013 can be considered.
- 3 December 2012 - shortlisting will take place on or around week commencing 11 January 2013 and the interviews will take place on or around week commencing 21 January 2013. Interviews will be conducted via a communications media and not face to face.
- 4 January 2013 - shortlisting will take place on or around week commencing 22 February 2013 and the interviews will take place on or around week commencing 11 March 2013. Interviews will be conducted via a communications media and not face to face.
Please note that the number of awards allocated in each round varies according to the competition. Therefore, candidates are advised to submit the application as early as possible. Candidates who do not submit the required supporting documents by specific deadlines will not be considered.
Contact details for enquiries
- Claire Smith
Doctoral Programmes Administrator
Tel: +44 0161-306-1290
Back to list of opportunities
View or Apply
University of Manchester - United KingdomType of award Studentship Managing department Manchester Business School Value In addition to standard awards which include tuition fee and stipend, successful PDS Award candidates are entitled to an
University of Manchester - United KingdomType of award Studentship Managing department Manchester Business School Value Programme tuition fees and approx £13,000 annual stipend. Specified use Successful candidates will benefit from gaining
University of Manchester - United KingdomType of award Project Specific Studentship Project summary The successful candidate will work with Professors Stephan Henneberg and Peter Naudé in the area of business-to-business marketing