UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012
Applications are invited for the 2012 Commonwealth split-site Doctoral Scholarships. PhD students wishing to pursue part of their studies at United Kingdom University or another institution for one year, under the joint supervision of South-African and UK-based supervisors, can apply for this prestigious scholarship.
21 November 2011
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Ms Danielle Nel
Programme Officer: South African PhD Project
Telephone: 012 481 4191
Esrc (Case) Ph D Studentship In Politics Voter Preferences And The Changing Dimensions And Dynamics Of Economic Wellbeing In The 21st Century, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Type of award Studentship Principal investigator Professor Ed Fieldhouse Managing department School of Social Sciences Value Tuition fees for 3 years (UK/EU) Annual maintenance stipend (approximat...
Ph D Studentship In Sociology Tackling Social Isolation Amongst Older People, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Type of award Studentship Principal investigator Dr Kingsley Purdam Managing department School of Social Sciences Value Tuition fees for 3 years (UK/EU) Annual maintenance stipend (£14,553 per yea...
Ph D Studentship In Rheology Of Armored Droplets , University College London, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Chemical Engineering Duration of Studentship 3 years Stipend Circa £16,553 per annum + fees Vacancy Information The Department of Chemical Engineering at UCL is at the fo...
Ph D Studentship Designing Rubber Like Metamaterials, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
ReferenceSCI1718Closing DateWednesday, 14th June 2017DepartmentMathematical Sciences University of Adelaide-University of Nottingham Joint PhD in Mathematics Supervisors This project is offered jo...
Ph D Studentship: Organic Synthesis, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
Applications are invited for a 3.5-year EPSRC CASE studentship with GlaxoSmithKline plc working with Professor Matthew Gaunt on a project that will investigate the development of new catalysis rea...
Ph D Studentship And Teaching Assistantships In Statistical Science , University College London, United Kingdom, about 11 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Statistical Science Duration of Studentship 4 years / 3.5 years Stipend £16,553 per annum plus UK/EU fees Vacancy Information Applications are invited for three PhD fundi...