UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012
Applications are invited for the 2012 Commonwealth split-site Doctoral Scholarships. PhD students wishing to pursue part of their studies at United Kingdom University or another institution for one year, under the joint supervision of South-African and UK-based supervisors, can apply for this prestigious scholarship.
21 November 2011
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Ms Danielle Nel
Programme Officer: South African PhD Project
Telephone: 012 481 4191
Industrial Case Ph D Studentship, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Southampton Business School Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Monday 20 March 2017 Reference: 839117TR Centre of Operational Research, Management Science and Information Systems (CORMSIS), ...
Ph D Studentship (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Applications are invited for a three-year PhD studentship position funded by the Pathological Society of Great Britain & Ireland, starting from 1 October 2017. Funding will cover the student's sti...
Ph D Studentship: High Performance And Stable Oxygen Separation Membranes, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
ReferenceENG1060Closing DateMonday, 1st May 2017DepartmentEngineering University of Nottingham - Faculty of Engineering PhD studentship: High-performance and stable oxygen separation membranes Sup...
Ph D Studentship In Statistical Science , University College London, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Statistical Science Duration of Studentship 4 years Stipend £16,785 per annum plus UK/EU fees Vacancy Information Applications are invited for a PhD funding opportunity t...
Ph D Studentship In Virus Host Interactions (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
A fully funded 3 year PhD studentship is available in Professor G L Smith's laboratory to start from October 2017. Funding will cover the student's stipend at the current Research Council rate and...
John Robinson Ph D Studentship In History, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, about 2 hours ago
ReferenceARTS112Closing DateFriday, 7th April 2017DepartmentHistory The Department of History at the University of Nottingham invites applications from outstanding candidates for this PhD Students...