UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012
Applications are invited for the 2012 Commonwealth split-site Doctoral Scholarships. PhD students wishing to pursue part of their studies at United Kingdom University or another institution for one year, under the joint supervision of South-African and UK-based supervisors, can apply for this prestigious scholarship.
21 November 2011
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Ms Danielle Nel
Programme Officer: South African PhD Project
Telephone: 012 481 4191
Call For Ph D Positions In The Doctoral Course In Psychological Sciences And Education, 31st Cycle, Università degli Studi di Trento, Europe, 15 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (14/05/2015 04.01) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Call For Ph D Positions In The Doctoral Programme In “International Studies” 31st Cycle, Università degli Studi di Trento, Europe, 27 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (01/05/2015 09.49) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
History Of Science: Fully Funded Ph D Studentship: Science And Universities: Swansea, 1920 2020, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Job posted by Swansea University (14/05/2015 11.27) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D Electro Thermal Modelling Of Carbon Fibre Composites (Cfc), The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
EEE Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 31 July 2015 Interview Date: Reference: 561315FP This project offers a European Industrial Doctorate (EID), is part of the “SPARCARB - Lightning...
Care Leavers Bursary , University College London, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Undergraduate Access Awards Important Information for All Applicants In 1826 the founders of UCL planned that the new university should admit those students who could benefit from education withou...
Ph D Next Generation Polymer Resin Systems For Carbon Fibre Composite (Cfc) Wind Turbine Blades, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
EEE Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 31 July 2015 Interview Date: Reference: 561415FP Next generation polymer resin systems for carbon fibre composite (CFC) wind turbine blades This...