UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012
Applications are invited for the 2012 Commonwealth split-site Doctoral Scholarships. PhD students wishing to pursue part of their studies at United Kingdom University or another institution for one year, under the joint supervision of South-African and UK-based supervisors, can apply for this prestigious scholarship.
21 November 2011
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Ms Danielle Nel
Programme Officer: South African PhD Project
Telephone: 012 481 4191
Engineering: Fully Funded Ph D Studentship: Role Of Crystallographic Orientation On The Biocompatibility Of Hexagonal Metals, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Job posted by Swansea University (24/10/2014 16.03) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Engineering: Fully Funded Ph D Studentship: Polymer Fullerene Nanocomposites For Solar Cell Applications, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Job posted by Swansea University (24/10/2014 14.52) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D Candidate : Use Of Traditonal Zambian Fermented For Experimental Evolution Of Microbial Ecosystems, Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, 22 days ago
We are looking for In this PhD project, we will use traditional fermented foods from Zambia as experimental model systems to study microbial community dynamics and evolution. The PhD candidate wil...
Cancer Research Uk 4 Year Ph D Studentships 2015, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Cancer Research UK 4 Year PhD Studentships 2015 Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions...
Professional Associate In Geophysics (Ph D Position), Faculty of Science, University of Split, Europe, 21 days ago
Job posted by Faculty of Science, University of Split (09/10/2014 08.37) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Chart...
Ph D Scholarship: Advanced Molecular Imaging, Monash University, Australia, 21 days ago
The Opportunity The ARC Centre of Excellence for Advanced Molecular Imaging aims to provide an unprecedented understanding of The Centre brings together leading Australian researchers in nodes at ...