Uk Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarship 2012
Listed about a year ago
Attention: this position might have been expired or removed by the publisher!
UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012
Applications are invited for the 2012 Commonwealth split-site Doctoral Scholarships. PhD students wishing to pursue part of their studies at United Kingdom University or another institution for one year, under the joint supervision of South-African and UK-based supervisors, can apply for this prestigious scholarship.
21 November 2011
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Ms Danielle Nel
Programme Officer: South African PhD Project
Telephone: 012 481 4191
View or Apply
University of Otago -New ZealandValueAirfares to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship; approved tuition and examination fees; personal allowance of 882 pounds per month; expenses of preparing a thesis if applicable
-New ZealandThe Commonwealth Scholarships Commission has invited New Zealand to nominate candidates for PhD Scholarships in the United Kingdom, tenable from October 2013.Full details of the awards are in the