UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012
Applications are invited for the 2012 Commonwealth split-site Doctoral Scholarships. PhD students wishing to pursue part of their studies at United Kingdom University or another institution for one year, under the joint supervision of South-African and UK-based supervisors, can apply for this prestigious scholarship.
21 November 2011
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Ms Danielle Nel
Programme Officer: South African PhD Project
Telephone: 012 481 4191
Fully Funded Ph D Studentship In X Ray Diffraction Imaging, Cranfield University, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Fully Funded PhD Studentship in X-ray Diffraction Imaging Application deadline: 9 January 2015 Award type: PhD Start date: As soon as possible Duration of award: 3 Years Eligibility: Rest of World...
Politics/Media/Area Studies: Esrc Funded 1+3 Ph D Studentship: Internet Mediated Political Mobilization In China: The Case Of Environmental Politics, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Job posted by Swansea University (18/12/2014 17.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D Studentship In Women And Contemporary Uk Fil, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Film Location: Avenue Campus Closing Date: Saturday 21 February 2015 Interview Date: Reference: 499514F4 PhD Studentship in Women and Contemporary UK Film, Faculty of Humanities, University of Sou...
Biosciences: Fully Funded Ph D Studentship: Trade Offs Between Multiple Ecosystem Services In Uk And Us Salt Marshes, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Job posted by Swansea University (19/12/2014 12.10) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D General Scholarships, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
ReferenceSOC391Closing DateSaturday, 31st January 2015DepartmentLaw The School of Law has postgraduate research scholarships available from October 2014. These scholarships are for the equivalent...
Law: Funded Ph D Studentship: Cyber Threats & International Law, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Job posted by Swansea University (18/12/2014 17.33) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...