UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012
Applications are invited for the 2012 Commonwealth split-site Doctoral Scholarships. PhD students wishing to pursue part of their studies at United Kingdom University or another institution for one year, under the joint supervision of South-African and UK-based supervisors, can apply for this prestigious scholarship.
21 November 2011
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Ms Danielle Nel
Programme Officer: South African PhD Project
Telephone: 012 481 4191
2015/16 Ph D Program At Imt Institute For Advanced Studies Lucca, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, Italy, 21 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (07/03/2015 03.01) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Deusto International Tuning Academy Short Term Visits Scholarships, Deusto International Tuning Academy, Spain, 23 days ago
Fellowship posted by Deusto International Tuning Academy (05/03/2015 11.46) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' ...
Fully Funded Ph D Studentship In Carbon Monoxide Release From Solid Fuels, Cranfield University, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Fully Funded PhD Studentship in Carbon Monoxide Release from Solid Fuels Application deadline: Ongoing Award type: PhD Start date: As soon as possible Duration of award: 3 Years Eligibility: Rest ...
Ph D Fellowship At University Of Pretoria, University of Pretoria, Europe, about 19 hours ago
Fellowship posted by University of Pretoria (27/03/2015 17.14) PhD fellowship at University of Pretoria Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More ...
Ph D Studentship In The Energy Economy Relationship, University of Leeds, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
View All Vacancies Location: Leeds - Main Campus Faculty/Service: Faculty of Environment School/Institute: School of Earth and Environment Category: Non University of Leeds Closing Date: Thur...
The Wynne Bonnyman Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Home ›Funding Database ›Search Results › The Wynne Bonnyman Scholarship Summary One scholarship is to be awarded. The scholarship is valued at £1,000 per annum for each year of study. Description...