UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012
Applications are invited for the 2012 Commonwealth split-site Doctoral Scholarships. PhD students wishing to pursue part of their studies at United Kingdom University or another institution for one year, under the joint supervision of South-African and UK-based supervisors, can apply for this prestigious scholarship.
21 November 2011
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Ms Danielle Nel
Programme Officer: South African PhD Project
Telephone: 012 481 4191
Csfp (Uk): Scholarships To Developed Commonwealth Countries, UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, Europe, 16 days ago
Description Commonwealth Scholarships for students from the developed Commonwealth to study in the United Kingdom will be funded by the UK Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). The...
Esrc Studentship, Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), Europe, 7 days ago
Description The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) provides studentships for the support of full-time or part-time postgraduate courses. ESRC studentships can cover tuition fees, maintena...
Charles Wallace Burma Trust Grants, Charles Wallace Burma Trust, Europe, 17 days ago
Description The Trust helps Burmese nationals pursue postgraduate study and professional development in the UK. The Board of Trustees has the authority to use the income from the Trust´s funds for...
Ph D Studentship 4 Year Ph D Scholarships In Mathematics For A Sustainable Society (Five Positions), University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
ReferenceSCI1472Closing DateFriday, 11th September 2015DepartmentMathematical Sciences Applications are invited for five fully funded 4-year PhD studentships in the new Leverhulme Trust Doctoral S...
Dr Mary Atkinson Scholarship, Federation University Australia, Australia, 28 days ago
About this scholarship Dr Mary Atkinson Scholarship The University of Ballarat recognises that Indigenous students are under-represented in higher education and can face significant barriers in ac...
Ph D Studentship, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
ReferenceMED1342Closing DateFriday, 28th August 2015DepartmentEpidemiology & Public Health AlcoholHaz: A mixed method approach to assessing the hazardous effects of alcohol on the risk of cancer A...