UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012
Applications are invited for the 2012 Commonwealth split-site Doctoral Scholarships. PhD students wishing to pursue part of their studies at United Kingdom University or another institution for one year, under the joint supervision of South-African and UK-based supervisors, can apply for this prestigious scholarship.
21 November 2011
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Ms Danielle Nel
Programme Officer: South African PhD Project
Telephone: 012 481 4191
Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Scholarships, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
The Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Foundation and the Sir Robert Menzies Memorial Trust (UK) are offering scholarships to Australian postgraduate students in the fields of Engineering and Law for ten...
Ucl Search Engine: Mrc Ph D Studentship, Ref:1526627, University College London, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Please note the eligibility residence criteria that must be met & fee information at: http://www.mrc.ac.uk/skills-careers/studentships/studentship-guidance/student-eligibility-requirements/ To be ...
Centre For Doctoral Training (Cdt) Studentships, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
EPSRC Centre for Doctoral Training for Computational Methods in Materials Science 12 MPhil + PhD Studentships available Applications are invited for a four year MPhil+PhD Centre for Doctoral Train...
Criminology: Esrc Funded Ph D Studentship: Youth Justice Or Sex Work, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Job posted by Swansea University (24/11/2015 17.03) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Matthew Flinders Memorial Statue Scholarship Fund :Matthew Flinders Statue Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, about 1 month ago
Opening Date: 01-10-2015 Closing Date: 31-10-2020 DESCRIPTION This scholarship was established in 2015 by donations to the Matthew Flinders Memorial Statue Fund. The object of the scholarship is t...
Computational Biologist Prostate Cancer Uk / Movember Funded Position, Cancer Research UK Manchester Institute, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. More European Research Council. More *Comput...