UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012
Applications are invited for the 2012 Commonwealth split-site Doctoral Scholarships. PhD students wishing to pursue part of their studies at United Kingdom University or another institution for one year, under the joint supervision of South-African and UK-based supervisors, can apply for this prestigious scholarship.
21 November 2011
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Ms Danielle Nel
Programme Officer: South African PhD Project
Telephone: 012 481 4191
Ph D Fellowships At Graduate School Of East Asian Studies At Freie Universität Berlin, Graduate School of East Asian Studies, Freie Universität Berlin, Europe, 3 days ago
Fellowship posted by Graduate School of East Asian Studies (20/10/2016 16.46) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research...
Erasmus+ Grants For Master Studies In Theoretical Chemistry, UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE MADRID, Europe, 3 days ago
Fellowship posted by UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE MADRID (20/10/2016 15.09) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo ...
Gw4 Mrc Funded Ph D's In Psychology (Ph D Studentship), Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Funding This studentship is funded through GW4 BioMed MRC Doctoral Training Partnership. It consists of full UK/EU tuition fees, as well as a Doctoral Stipend matching UK Research Council National...
Gw4 Mrc Funded Ph D's In Biosciences (Ph D Studentship), Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
The ‘GW4 BioMed MRC DTP’ is awarding up to 20 studentships in 2017, aligned with the themes of Infection, Immunity and Repair; Neuroscience and Mental Health; and Population Health. The DTP also p...
Ph D Studentship: Protein Aggregation In Ageing, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Applications are invited for a 4-year BBSRC Industrial CASE PhD studentship available from October 2017 for a project investigating the role of protein aggregation in ageing mechanisms. The proje...
Bbsrc Sw Bio Ph D In Chemistry (Ph D Studentship), Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
The South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership (SWBio DTP) is a BBSRC-funded PhD training programme in the biosciences, delivered by a consortium comprising the Universities of Bristol ...