UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012: Academic Staff
Stellenbosch University has been invited to nominate a maximum of one (1) academic staff member who holds a full-time teaching post and who is a South African citizen for the Commonwealth split-site scholarship Scholarships.
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
More information and how to apply
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Mr. Robert Kotze
Senior Director: Postgraduate and International Office
Telephone: 021 808 4615
21 November 2011
Csfp (Uk): Scholarships To Developed Commonwealth Countries, UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, Europe, 16 days ago
Description Commonwealth Scholarships for students from the developed Commonwealth to study in the United Kingdom will be funded by the UK Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). The...
Esrc Studentship, Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), Europe, 7 days ago
Description The Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) provides studentships for the support of full-time or part-time postgraduate courses. ESRC studentships can cover tuition fees, maintena...
Charles Wallace Burma Trust Grants, Charles Wallace Burma Trust, Europe, 17 days ago
Description The Trust helps Burmese nationals pursue postgraduate study and professional development in the UK. The Board of Trustees has the authority to use the income from the Trust´s funds for...
Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund, Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund, Europe, 23 days ago
Description Founded in 1967 by the Canadian Women’s Club to mark Canada’s centennial, the CCSF has awarded more than 300 scholarships to outstanding students from across Canada who are enrolled in...
Dr Mary Atkinson Scholarship, Federation University Australia, Australia, 28 days ago
About this scholarship Dr Mary Atkinson Scholarship The University of Ballarat recognises that Indigenous students are under-represented in higher education and can face significant barriers in ac...
Ph D Studentship School Of The Arts, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Future Academic PhD Bursary (Open to UK/EU and Overseas students) The School of the Arts is offering 1 fully funded PhD studentship to commence on 1st October 2015. The Future Academic PhD Student...