UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012: Academic Staff
Stellenbosch University has been invited to nominate a maximum of one (1) academic staff member who holds a full-time teaching post and who is a South African citizen for the Commonwealth split-site scholarship Scholarships.
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
More information and how to apply
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Mr. Robert Kotze
Senior Director: Postgraduate and International Office
Telephone: 021 808 4615
21 November 2011
Industrial Case Ph D Studentship, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
Southampton Business School Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Monday 20 March 2017 Reference: 839117TR Centre of Operational Research, Management Science and Information Systems (CORMSIS), ...
Ph D Studentship (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Applications are invited for a three-year PhD studentship position funded by the Pathological Society of Great Britain & Ireland, starting from 1 October 2017. Funding will cover the student's sti...
Ph D Studentship: High Performance And Stable Oxygen Separation Membranes, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
ReferenceENG1060Closing DateMonday, 1st May 2017DepartmentEngineering University of Nottingham - Faculty of Engineering PhD studentship: High-performance and stable oxygen separation membranes Sup...
Graduate School Bursary Ph D Scholarship, De Montfort University, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
A PhD research scholarship including stipend and tuition fee costs is offered within the Pharmaceutical Technologies Research Group/ Leicester School of Pharmacy. It is available to UK or EU stude...
Ph D Studentships: Biological Chemistry, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
The Department of Chemistry has available up to three PhD studentships in the field of biological chemistry to start in October 2017. The Department has a very strong biological chemistry section...
Ph D Studentship – Functional Analysis Of Sodium/Glucose Cotransporter 1 (Sglt1), A Potential Therapeutic Target For Pten Inactive Breast Cancer, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
Biological Sciences Research Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 10 March 2017 Reference: 833017BJ PhD Studentship – Functional analysis of sodium/glucose cotransporter 1 (SGLT1), a po...