UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012: Academic Staff
Stellenbosch University has been invited to nominate a maximum of one (1) academic staff member who holds a full-time teaching post and who is a South African citizen for the Commonwealth split-site scholarship Scholarships.
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
More information and how to apply
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Mr. Robert Kotze
Senior Director: Postgraduate and International Office
Telephone: 021 808 4615
21 November 2011
Ph D Scholarship: Advanced Molecular Imaging, Monash University, Australia, 21 days ago
The Opportunity The ARC Centre of Excellence for Advanced Molecular Imaging aims to provide an unprecedented understanding of The Centre brings together leading Australian researchers in nodes at ...
St Marks College :Studd Bursary, Flinders University, Australia, 28 days ago
Opening Date: 01-08-2014 Closing Date: 28-11-2014 DESCRIPTION The purpose of the bursary is to assist disadvantaged students at any South Australian university who wish to reside at St Mark’s Coll...
Engineering: Fully Funded Ph D Studentship: Polymer Fullerene Nanocomposites For Solar Cell Applications, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Job posted by Swansea University (24/10/2014 14.52) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Engineering: Fully Funded Ph D Studentship: Role Of Crystallographic Orientation On The Biocompatibility Of Hexagonal Metals, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Job posted by Swansea University (24/10/2014 16.03) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Leverhulme Funded Studentship Cotúa Island Orinoco Reflexive Archaeology Project (Venezuela) Leverhulme Funded Ph D Studentship, Ref:1440776, University College London, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
UCL Department / Division Institute of Archaeology Duration of Studentship 3 Years Stipend £15,726 per annum Vacancy Information The Leverhulme Trust is funding a PhD studentship as part of a new ...
Ph D Impact Studentship In Morbidity And Mortality Among Transplant Recipients, Ref:1442195, University College London, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
UCL Department / Division Research Department of Infection and Population Health Duration of Studentship 3 years Stipend £15,7863 per annum 2014/15, £16,180 per annum 2015/2016 and £16,504 per ann...