UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012: Academic Staff
Stellenbosch University has been invited to nominate a maximum of one (1) academic staff member who holds a full-time teaching post and who is a South African citizen for the Commonwealth split-site scholarship Scholarships.
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
More information and how to apply
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Mr. Robert Kotze
Senior Director: Postgraduate and International Office
Telephone: 021 808 4615
21 November 2011
Call For Ph D Positions At The Ph D Programme In Civil, Environmental And Mechanical Engineering, 32nd Cycle, Università degli Studi di Trento, Europe, 14 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (12/07/2016 08.59) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Studentship For Uk/Eu Nationals: Modelling Stiff Paste Manufacturing, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
A 3.5 year Ph.D. studentship is available in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology (CEB), at the University of Cambridge under the supervision of Prof. Ian Wilson, Dr Sarah Roug...
Phd Courses Selection Announcement 32 Series, UNIVERSITA' DEGLI STUDI DI PARMA, Italy, 18 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (08/07/2016 03.17) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Life Sciences Ph D Studentship, Anglia Ruskin University, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
The Department of Life Sciences operates within the Faculty of Science and Technology, on the Cambridge campus. It is a dynamic, successful and rapidly growing department, with two core research g...
Fully Funded Ph D Studentship At University Of Surrey, In Collaboration With Unilever, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
View All Vacancies Department of Chemical and Process Engineering Location: Guildford Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: Wednesday 31 August 2016 Reference: 039216-R “Multi-scale modelling of ...
Ph D Studentship: Nutritional Enhancement Of Foods Through The Control Of Aroma And Taste Availability, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
ReferenceSCI1640Closing DateMonday, 1st August 2016DepartmentBiosciences BBSRC iCASE - NestléPhD Studentship: Nutritional enhancement of foods through the control of aroma and taste availability (...