UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012: Academic Staff
Stellenbosch University has been invited to nominate a maximum of one (1) academic staff member who holds a full-time teaching post and who is a South African citizen for the Commonwealth split-site scholarship Scholarships.
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
More information and how to apply
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Mr. Robert Kotze
Senior Director: Postgraduate and International Office
Telephone: 021 808 4615
21 November 2011
Esrc (Case) Ph D Studentship In Politics Voter Preferences And The Changing Dimensions And Dynamics Of Economic Wellbeing In The 21st Century, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Type of award Studentship Principal investigator Professor Ed Fieldhouse Managing department School of Social Sciences Value Tuition fees for 3 years (UK/EU) Annual maintenance stipend (approximat...
Ph D Studentship In Sociology Tackling Social Isolation Amongst Older People, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, about 8 hours ago
Type of award Studentship Principal investigator Dr Kingsley Purdam Managing department School of Social Sciences Value Tuition fees for 3 years (UK/EU) Annual maintenance stipend (£14,553 per yea...
Ph D Studentship In Rheology Of Armored Droplets , University College London, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Chemical Engineering Duration of Studentship 3 years Stipend Circa £16,553 per annum + fees Vacancy Information The Department of Chemical Engineering at UCL is at the fo...
Ph D Studentship And Teaching Assistantships In Statistical Science , University College London, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Statistical Science Duration of Studentship 4 years / 3.5 years Stipend £16,553 per annum plus UK/EU fees Vacancy Information Applications are invited for three PhD fundi...
Ph D Studentship Designing Rubber Like Metamaterials, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
ReferenceSCI1718Closing DateWednesday, 14th June 2017DepartmentMathematical Sciences University of Adelaide-University of Nottingham Joint PhD in Mathematics Supervisors This project is offered jo...
Ph D Studentship: Organic Synthesis, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 3 hours ago
Applications are invited for a 3.5-year EPSRC CASE studentship with GlaxoSmithKline plc working with Professor Matthew Gaunt on a project that will investigate the development of new catalysis rea...