Uk Commonwealth Split-Site Scholarship 2012: Academic Staff
Listed about a year ago
Attention: this position might have been expired or removed by the publisher!
UK Commonwealth split-site Scholarship 2012: Academic Staff
Stellenbosch University has been invited to nominate a maximum of one (1) academic staff member who holds a full-time teaching post and who is a South African citizen for the Commonwealth split-site scholarship Scholarships.
Key features of the Commonwealth Scholarship includes:
• The scholarships support attendance at a United Kingdom (UK) university or institution for one (1) year, under the joint supervision of the South African-based and UK supervisors.
• Applicants should be registered for a doctoral degree at a South African Higher Education Institution (HEI). The final qualification obtained will be from the South African HEI and not the UK university.
• The twelve (12) months in the UK can be taken at any stage of the doctoral study period providing this is justified in the study plan. Note that the time spent in the UK can be divided into two periods.
• The scholarships cover:
- Full tuition fees for one (1) year at the UK host university;
- Stipend for up to one year (1) in the UK;
- Return Airfare; and
- Other allowances.
More information and how to apply
For more detailed information on the scholarship, as well as criteria and application process, please download the information document here.
Mr. Robert Kotze
Senior Director: Postgraduate and International Office
Telephone: 021 808 4615
21 November 2011
View or Apply
-New ZealandThe Commonwealth Scholarships Commission has invited New Zealand to nominate candidates for PhD Scholarships in the United Kingdom, tenable from October 2013.Full details of the awards are in the