Job posted by Newcastle University (29/05/2012 12.42)
Senior Research Associate
Marie Curie Actions. More
'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. More
European Research Council. More
Add to My Favorites
This person will join the team coordinating the EUCERD Joint Action for Rare Diseases (EJA) and will lead on the implementation of the EU’s activities and recommendations in the rare disease field, foster exchange of relevant experience, policies and practices between the Member States and other stakeholders. The post will manage the development and dissemination of information, guidelines and policies across the Member States. This post will will also provide policy support to the EJA Coordinator and other members of the EJA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To join a team coordinating the EUCERD Joint Action (EJA) in formulating and implementing the EC’s activities in the rare disease field, to foster exchange of relevant experience, policies and practices between the Member States and stakeholders. The post holder will manage the development and dissemination of information, guidelines and policies across the Member States. They will also provide policy support to the EJA Coordinator and EUCERD members.
1. Leading the evaluation and further development of guidelines and information to be disseminated among the Member States to support the development and implementation of the national plans for rare diseases.
2. Regular liaison with the EJA Project Coordinator (Prof Kate Bushby) and EJA Project Manager to organise the liaison with the relevant networks, organisations and institutions across the Member States and provide the necessary interface with the EUCERD members.
3. Provide assistance to, and policy support and advice to the EJA and EUCERD members on specific activities in the EJA work plan.
4. To take responsibility for liaising with relevant policy makers in the Member States.
5. To assist in the work of other workpackages as requested by the Project Coordinator.
6. To take a lead in analysing, writing and presenting reports, in consultation with the wider EJA members.
Working with the EJA team to deliver the Joint Action program outlined above. The postholder will oversee several areas of integration, primarily with the national initiatives and the European Reference Networks. This will include some flexible working at weekends and working out of hours and travel across Europe.
Perform policy analysis and development under the guidance of the Project Coordinator and EUCERD members.
Internal liaison with colleagues within the EU project teams working on related projects.
Responsible for the integration of national and European initiatives in rare diseases to extend the planned dissemination of outcomes from the EJA.
Nr of positions available : 1
Medical sciences - Medicine
Experienced researcher or 4-10 yrs (Post-Doc)
Recognised Researcher (R2)
Starting salary range £37,012 to £39,257. Post is a 3 year contract. 30 days paid leave per year (in addition to public holidays).
Comment/web site for additional job details
Research Fellow, University of Michigan, United States, 22 days ago
Job Detail RESEARCH FELLOW How to Apply In addition to applying for this position online, Interested candidates should contact Dr. Santhi Ganesh, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Department of...
Specialist Central Monitoring Job, Johnson & Johnson, India, 28 days ago
Specialist Central Monitoring-00000VF6 Description Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Specialist, Central Monitoring, located in Bee...
Research Fellow (Expertise In Biological Development In Adolescence), The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
1. Job Details Job title: Research Fellow - Biological, physiological, and neurological development in adolescence Academic Research Level: UE07 School/Support Department: Molecular, Genetic and ...
Global Head External Innovation Job, Johnson & Johnson, United States, 15 days ago
Global Head External Innovation-00000VH6 Description Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Global Head External Innovat...
Postdoc In Automation And Control (P21503), Aalborg University, Denmark, 8 days ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Electronic Systems, The section for Automation Control, a position as postdoc in Automations and Control is open for appointment from June ...
Assoc Dir, Research Administration, Duke University, United States, 18 days ago
Position Title ASSOC DIR, RESEARCH ADMINISTRATION Requisition Number 400926702 Auto req ID 66271BR Location Durham Duke Entity CENTRAL ADMIN MANAGEMENT CTR Department Name Sponsored Programs...