Robin Gleaves Class Of 2001 Mba Scholarship - £20,000, University Of Manchester
Funded by: Family and friends of Robin Gleaves and fellow MBA Class of 2001 alumni.
Robin Gleaves graduated from the MBA programme at Manchester Business School in 2001. From that time he played a very active role at Manchester Business School, as an alumnus, Visiting Fellow and supporter. Robin epitomised the very best of MBS graduates and was a superb ambassador for the School.
In the weeks before his untimely death in November 2011, Robin was discussing the possibility of a “Class of 2001 MBA Scholarship”. After discussion with his family, friends and members of staff, it was felt a fitting tribute to Robin’s memory would be to go ahead with the MBA scholarship, to be established in his name as the Robin Gleaves Class of 2001 MBA Scholarship.
If you would like to contribute to the Robin Gleaves Class of 2001 MBA Scholarship, please contact Jackie.email@example.com, or call +44 (0) 161 275 6554 for more details.
Awards: 1 x £20,000
Open to: UK Permanent Residents*
Decision made on merit and financial need.
- Outstanding achievements, academic credentials, professional track record. communication and interpersonal skills.
- Intelligent, curious and an excellent and enthusiastic communicator.
- Potential to become an outstanding business leader and/or entrepreneur.
- Potential to contribute and enrich all aspects of the MBA programme and the diverse professional and cultural profile and experience of the MBA class.
- Outstanding contribution in roles outside the workplace.
- Strong values and ethics with the potential to become an outstanding future alumni ambassador and contribute positively back to the School, organisations and communities. All scholarship recipients will be expected to contribute to the School's marketing and PR.
The Robin Gleaves Class of 2001 MBA Scholarship will be awarded on the above criteria and financial need. Candidates will have to demonstrate within their application how failure to secure the Scholarship would result in their being unable to accept a place at MBS.
Application Deadline 2: Thursday 28 June 2012
Assessment Day 2: Friday 6 July 2012
How to apply:
Stage 1: To be considered for the short-list, please submit the following by Thursday 28 June 2012:
CV/Resume outlining your academic and professional track record and achievements.
Written statement addressing the points below (maximum 3 pages A4). If you are applying for more than one scholarship you should submit a separate statement for each scholarship.
- Tell us how you meet each of the scholarship criteria for the scholarship you are applying for.
- What makes you stand out as an exceptional recipient of this award?
- Tell us how you will contribute to our unique MBA learning environment and as a future alumnus of Manchester Business School.
The application should be emailed to: Helen Dowd, Director MBA Admissions firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed candidates are required to complete the Full-time MBA application form, including the references, and will be invited to an Assessment Day at Manchester Business School on Friday 6 July 2012. The Assessment Day will include a presentation about you and your achievements to date, an interview and a group exercise. We may also ask you to take a psychometric test.
* To be considered, you need to be a UK permanent resident with unlimited leave to remain and also have been ordinarily resident in the UK (i.e. the UK is your main place of residence) for a consecutive period of three years prior to the start of the Full-time MBA programme (28 August 2012).
View or Apply