Ratiu Foundation & University Award, University Of Kent
Ratiu Foundation & University Award
Please contact the University of Kent Scholarships Unit: email@example.com.
In partnership with the Ratiu Foundation, the University of Kent is offering one postgraduate scholarship to a Romanian student.This scholarship covers tuition fees (paid by the University of Kent) plus £3,000 living costs (paid by the Ratiu Foundation) for the following course:
- MSc in Information Security and Biometrics
- How to apply
The Ratiu Foundation & University of Kent Awards were inaugurated in 2007, in order to mark Romania's accession to the EU. The success of the 2007 programme made the initiators decide to continue this scheme, thus helping young Romanian scientists to develop expertise in specialist areas.
The Ratiu Foundation was established in London in 1979 by Ion and Elisabeth Ratiu. Through its scholarships, the Foundation enables talented Romanian graduates and young professionals - domiciled in Romania at the time of application - to gain skills in the UK which they can adapt and apply back home in Romania.
The University of Kent is an internationally respected institution with much of its research rated amongst the top 20 in the UK and has a strong tradition of excellence in postgraduate training and research.
For this programme, applications are welcome from Romanian students with a strong academic background, who are domiciled in Romania at the time of application.
The successful candidate will be selected by the University on the basis of academic merit and research potential. The University of Kent informs the Ratiu Foundation of the student selected.
More information about the course:
- MSc in Information Security and Biometrics - School of Engineering and Digital Arts
More information about the Ratiu Foundation:
For further details on the scholarships and information about the Ratiu Foundation, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or see the Ratiu Foundation website
The deadline for applications for 2012 has passed
How to apply
- Candidates should make an online application for the relevant course
- Upon being offered a place, candidates should then contact the Scholarships Unit at email@example.com asking to be considered for the scholarship
- The scholarship is aimed at Romanian nationals who are domiciled in Romania at the time of application
- Priority will be given to those who hold a first degree awarded by a Romanian University
- Candidates will be required to meet the normal entry criteria for admission to the University of Kent
- The scholarship will be awarded upon registration at the University
Before receiving the Ratiu Foundation grant, the successful candidate will be required to complete the Ratiu Foundation registration form.
The deadline for applications for 2012 has now passed. Full details for 2013 will be published here when available.
View or Apply