Postgraduate Research Scholarship - Maths, Statistics And Actuarial Science
School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science
Funding your studies 
SMSAS Bursaries for taught postgraduate students
The School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science offer a number of bursaries to support postgraduate students.
- Full details and how to apply on the SMSAS website .
University of Kent Graduate Teaching Assistantships and Scholarships
As part of its £8m postgraduate support fund the University offers Graduate Teaching Assistantships and Scholarships.
Graduate Teaching Assistantships (GTAs)
Graduate Teaching Assistants are employees as well as students.
GTAs include tuition fees at the home/EU rate, a maintenance grant and salary. Combined maintenance/salary can be as much as the UK Research Council rate (£13,726 pa in the 2013/14 academic year).
SMSAS GTAs are offered for one year, renewable for a maximum of three and a half years subject to satisfactory academic performance. (Reverting to a standard scholarship for the last six months)
Scholarships vary from a one-off payment of a few hundred pounds, to tuition fees at the home rate and/or maintenance payments at the UK Research Council rate (£13,726 pa in the 2013/14 academic year).
Scholarships are offered for one year, renewable for a maximum of three years subject to satisfactory academic performance.
PhD Scholarships entry requirements 
- A First or 2i Honours degree, or Master’s degree at merit or distinction in a relevant subject, or equivalent.
- Open to UK, EU and overseas postgraduate research students.
How to apply
- Submit a formal application  to study a School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science PhD programme.
- All applicants who are successful in admission to the School by Friday 31 January 2014 will be automatically considered. There is no separate application process.
For further information please contact:
School of Mathematics, Statistics & Actuarial Science
University of Kent
Kent CT2 7NF
The Templeman Scholarship
This scholarship covers full-time taught postgraduate tuition fees for one year. It is open to fee-paying applicants that are graduates of the University of Kent.
- Full details of The Templeman Scholarship .
Monday 31 March 2014
View or Apply