- Reference Number
- Five Doctoral Studentships
- Northampton Square Map & Directions
- School / Service
- School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering
- Contract Duration
City, University of London is a global university committed to academic excellence with a focus on business and the professions and an enviable central London location.
City is in the UK’s top twenty (Guardian University Guide) and the world’s top four per cent (Times Higher Education World University Rankings). City attracts around 19,500 students (35% postgraduate), is well above the sector average for graduate employability in most subjects, is in the top ten in the UK for starting salaries and is second in London for student satisfaction. City joined the University of London in 2016.
In the last REF, City doubled the proportion of its total academic staff producing world-leading or internationally excellent research.
Led by President Professor Sir Paul Curran, City has made significant investments in academic staff, estate and systems and continues to work towards realising its vision of being a leading global university: it has recently agreed a new Vision & Strategy 2026.
The School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering at City, University of London is offering 5 full-time, three-year doctoral studentships for 2017/18 entry. Applications are invited from exceptional UK, EU and international graduates wishing to to pursue cutting-edge research in any of the School's key research areas.
The School is investing in academic excellence following its success in the recent REF 2014 which highlighted the world class quality of its research.
What is offered
A doctoral studentship will provide:
• An annual bursary (£16,000 in 2017/18)
• A full tuition fee for UK and EU students. Applications are welcome from overseas applicants but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the the difference between the overseas and UK tuition fee.
The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge-research.
• Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree or merit level Masters degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent)
• Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 6.5 in IELTS or a recognised equivalent.
• Applicants must not be currently registered as a doctoral student at City, University of London or any other academic institution.
Applications are welcome from individuals wishing to pursue research in any of the areas listed below. You are encourged to discuss your application in advance with a potential supervisor in the School. As part of your career development, you will be expected to contribute up to a maximum of 3 hours of unpaid teaching/lab demonstration assistance each week.
Please follow the links to find out more.
• Mathematics - Pure and Applied Mathematics; Representation Theory; Mathematical Physics; Mathematical Biology.
• Computer Science - Adaptive Computing Systems; Human‐Computer Interaction Design; Software Reliability; Machine Learning; Geographic Information Science.
• Library and Information Science
• Civil Engineering - Civil Engineering; Civil Engineering Structures; Fluid-Structure Interaction.
• Electrical and Electronic Engineering - Biomedical Engineering; Systems and Control; Photonics and Instrumentation.
• Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering - Fluid Dynamics; Thermo-Fluids; Aerodynamics and Flow Control; Fluid-Structure Interaction; Compressor Technology.
Email: email@example.com .
Ph D Studentship In Soft Robotics , University College London, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Department of Mechanical Engineering Duration of Studentship Three Years Stipend £16,533 per annum Vacancy Information This studentship provides an opportunity for a UK/E...
Ph D Studentship And Teaching Assistantships In Statistical Science , University College London, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Statistical Science Duration of Studentship 4 years / 3.5 years Stipend £16,553 per annum plus UK/EU fees Vacancy Information Applications are invited for three PhD fundi...
Ph D Studentship 3 D Generalisation: From The Point Cloud To The Point , University College London, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Civil, Environmental & Geomatic engineering Duration of Studentship 3 Years Stipend £16,296 per annum plus fees Vacancy Information UCL’s Geomatics Group and Ordnance Sur...
Ph D Studentship In Biomechanics , University College London, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Department of Mechanical Engineering Duration of Studentship Three Years Stipend £16,553 per annum Vacancy Information This studentship provides an opportunity for a UK/E...
Ph D Studentship In Rheology Of Armored Droplets , University College London, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Chemical Engineering Duration of Studentship 3 years Stipend Circa £16,553 per annum + fees Vacancy Information The Department of Chemical Engineering at UCL is at the fo...
Ph D Studentship Epsrc Doctoral Training Award (4 Years) , University College London, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis Duration of Studentship 4 years Stipend Standard RCUK stipend (for academic year 17/18 this will be £16553 including £2000 London All...