Engineering Technician – Hydrogen Storage Research Group (Fixed Term)
- Closing Date
- Friday, 14th September 2012
- Job Type
- Technical Services
- Faculty of Engineering - Department of Mechanical, Materials & Manufacturing Engineering
- £27578 to £35938 per annum (pro rata for part time) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance
This full-time post is available immediately will be offered on a fixed-term contract until 31 May 2014. However part time position may also be considered.
An opportunity has arisen for a technician to lead technical support in the hydrogen storage group in energy storage systems and analysis equipment
Duties will include:
• In conjunction with the group’s research staff, design, develop, build and set up test rigs and instrumentation, working with researchers and other technicians as required.
• Provide a repair and fault finding service including planned maintenance on laboratory equipment and devices predominately within the group.
• Operate the test rigs and other devices, to meet test criteria and the collection of required data for analysis using data acquisition software. Provide additional support on other test equipment and devices as required.
• Service and maintain analysing tools. Calibration and installation of instrumentation.
• Managing the research groups technical related workload and ensure requested tasks are completed within agreed times scales and to the agreed specifications.
• In conjunction with senior researchers, take responsibility for health and safety in the laboratory and related test facilities.
Candidates should have substantial proven experience working within a research laboratory environment and a working knowledge of setting up and running data software. Candidates should have attained BTEC Higher National level (or equivalent) in the relevant physical or engineering sciences. Additional skills including experience in design and build of research and test equipment are an advantage. Knowledge of Hydrogen storage and fuel cells would be an advantage. A flexible approach, ability to manage their own and others workload effectively to agreed timescales and the ability to communicate at all level are all essential.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor David Grant email: email@example.com or Professor Gavin Walker Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
- More Details
- Information for candidates ( pdf | doc )
- Apply Online
Post Doctoral Research Associate, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Department of Geography Fixed-term 36 month appointment to begin no later than 1 June 2017 The Department of Geography at Loughborough University is seeking to appoint a Research Associate funded ...
Print And Post Distribution Assistant, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
Creative and Print Services (Marketing and Advancement) Post 1 - Full-time Post 2 - Part-time Creative and Print Services are looking for Print and Post Distribution Assistants to work as part of ...
Epsrc Doctoral Prize Fellow, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, about 5 hours ago
Research Office Two Posts - Fixed Term for 18 Months, starting 1 October 2017 These prestigious Fellowships are an opportunity for the very best recently completed EPSRC-funded PhD students to rec...