Engineering Technician – Hydrogen Storage Research Group (Fixed Term)
- Closing Date
- Friday, 14th September 2012
- Job Type
- Technical Services
- Faculty of Engineering - Department of Mechanical, Materials & Manufacturing Engineering
- £27578 to £35938 per annum (pro rata for part time) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance
This full-time post is available immediately will be offered on a fixed-term contract until 31 May 2014. However part time position may also be considered.
An opportunity has arisen for a technician to lead technical support in the hydrogen storage group in energy storage systems and analysis equipment
Duties will include:
• In conjunction with the group’s research staff, design, develop, build and set up test rigs and instrumentation, working with researchers and other technicians as required.
• Provide a repair and fault finding service including planned maintenance on laboratory equipment and devices predominately within the group.
• Operate the test rigs and other devices, to meet test criteria and the collection of required data for analysis using data acquisition software. Provide additional support on other test equipment and devices as required.
• Service and maintain analysing tools. Calibration and installation of instrumentation.
• Managing the research groups technical related workload and ensure requested tasks are completed within agreed times scales and to the agreed specifications.
• In conjunction with senior researchers, take responsibility for health and safety in the laboratory and related test facilities.
Candidates should have substantial proven experience working within a research laboratory environment and a working knowledge of setting up and running data software. Candidates should have attained BTEC Higher National level (or equivalent) in the relevant physical or engineering sciences. Additional skills including experience in design and build of research and test equipment are an advantage. Knowledge of Hydrogen storage and fuel cells would be an advantage. A flexible approach, ability to manage their own and others workload effectively to agreed timescales and the ability to communicate at all level are all essential.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor David Grant email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Gavin Walker Email: email@example.com. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
- More Details
- Information for candidates ( pdf | doc )
- Apply Online
Research Fellow In Surface Engineering, (Fixed Term To April 2017) Ref: 5736, University of Derby, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Responsible To Professor Huirong Le, Professor - Composite/Aerospace Engineer, Engineering and Technology Proposed Interview Date: 1st June 2016 This one year fixed term vacancy is an excellent op...
Sports Assistant (2 Posts), Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Sports Development Centre 2 full-time posts available, 1 x open ended, 1 x fixed-term to 1st April 2017 Loughborough University strives to achieve world leading student participation levels in spo...