Engineering Technician – Hydrogen Storage Research Group (Fixed Term)
- Closing Date
- Friday, 14th September 2012
- Job Type
- Technical Services
- Faculty of Engineering - Department of Mechanical, Materials & Manufacturing Engineering
- £27578 to £35938 per annum (pro rata for part time) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance
This full-time post is available immediately will be offered on a fixed-term contract until 31 May 2014. However part time position may also be considered.
An opportunity has arisen for a technician to lead technical support in the hydrogen storage group in energy storage systems and analysis equipment
Duties will include:
• In conjunction with the group’s research staff, design, develop, build and set up test rigs and instrumentation, working with researchers and other technicians as required.
• Provide a repair and fault finding service including planned maintenance on laboratory equipment and devices predominately within the group.
• Operate the test rigs and other devices, to meet test criteria and the collection of required data for analysis using data acquisition software. Provide additional support on other test equipment and devices as required.
• Service and maintain analysing tools. Calibration and installation of instrumentation.
• Managing the research groups technical related workload and ensure requested tasks are completed within agreed times scales and to the agreed specifications.
• In conjunction with senior researchers, take responsibility for health and safety in the laboratory and related test facilities.
Candidates should have substantial proven experience working within a research laboratory environment and a working knowledge of setting up and running data software. Candidates should have attained BTEC Higher National level (or equivalent) in the relevant physical or engineering sciences. Additional skills including experience in design and build of research and test equipment are an advantage. Knowledge of Hydrogen storage and fuel cells would be an advantage. A flexible approach, ability to manage their own and others workload effectively to agreed timescales and the ability to communicate at all level are all essential.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor David Grant email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Gavin Walker Email: email@example.com. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
- More Details
- Information for candidates ( pdf | doc )
- Apply Online
Research Fellow In Developing Energy Harvesting For Wearable Textiles, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
This is a fixed term contract for up to 24 months subject to external funding and/or project completion A full-time Research Fellow is required for two years to join the Advanced Textiles Research...
Research Fellow In Computational Intelligence, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Special Conditions: This post is a fixed term contract until 30th September 2016. Nottingham Trent University is participating in an EU FP7 Neuro-Bio-Inspired Systems project, (Si-Elegans www.si-...
Epsrc Doctoral Prize Fellowships (2 Positions Available), Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Two Positions available These prestigious Fellowships are an opportunity for the very best recently completed EPSRC-funded PhD students to receive 18 months of additional support following their P...