The University of Nottingham is proud of its existing links with Mexico and of the lively Latin American community which is developing here
- CONACYT normally award scholarships as opposed to loans and the ‘promedio’ required by applicants is 8.0;
- Scholarship award winners do not usually have to pay money back to CONACYT, however they are required to return to work in Mexico after their period of study in the UK;
- CONACYT will consider most subjects for funding, applicants to priority areas are at an advantage, PhD research applicants are a priority but masters applicants will also be considered;
- Students who wish to apply for a CONACYT scholarship for academic studies must hold an UNCONDITIONAL offer to study at a UK University BEFORE they can apply for a CONACYT scholarship; this rule was introduced by CONACYT and applies to all UK universities;
- CONACYT can grant the scholarship to any student who has already been accepted in one of the universities they have agreements with, in which The University of Nottingham is included – for more information please visit the CONACYT website .
The general funding call for CONACYT has 2 openings, below, and more information is on their website .
- 1st Period for receiving applications – 25 January to 8 April,
publishing of results 17 May;
- 2nd Period for receiving applications – 19 April to 24 June,
publishing of results 2 August.
The application process for a CONACYT scholarship is separate from the application process for admission to The University of Nottingham. As unconditional offers are now required by CONACYT before scholarship applications can be made, the first step is to apply for a University place by submitting a formal application and supporting documentation, including an IELTS or TEOFL certificate; please be aware that to receive an unconditional offer the IELTS or TEOFL requirement will also have to be met.
Other specific calls managed by CONACYT will also open later in the year. CONACYT-FUNED call is aimed at masters student in Business and related areas. Some local government (estados) also have independent calls for funding in partnership with CONACYT.
Students from Mexico can also find information aboutFUNED scholarships on our website .
Further information on all the University’s provisions and facilities can be obtained from the International Officer who specialises in Mexico Ms Ninna Makrinov .
The University of Nottingham’s contribution for students sponsored by CONACYT will not be offered in conjunction with similar scholarships from the University for other Mexican sponsors.
Students holding more than one loan or scholarship from Mexican sponsors will only be entitled to one tuition fee scholarship from the International Office, at the highest applicable rate.
Hpl In Peap, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Special Conditions: Pay rate is £40.61 per direct teaching hour. This includes the following elements: teaching, preparation, marking and moderation of marks of the scheduled programme of work. At...
Ktp Web Application Analyst/Developer, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Special Condition: Salary - £25,000 - £35,000 per annum dependant on experience. Extensive training and development package also avaiable. This post is fixed term for 2.5 years. Location: Cole Fab...
Information Assistant, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Libraries and Learning Resources (LLR) is a central academic service which provides support to all students and staff carrying out teaching, learning and research across all schools within Notting...
Secretariat And Regulations Team Leader, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with experience of working in higher education. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong track record of managing academic go...
Systems Administrator – Tracking, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Additional Information: Fixed term contract to 11 December 2015. The College of Arts & Science offers a diverse range of courses across a number of disciplines, offering a challenging and varied w...
School Coordinator, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
This post is part time working 21 hours per week. The salary is therefore £22,685 - £25,513 pro rata 12 Month Fixed Term Post - 21 hours per week - due to this being one half of a job share post ...