The University of Nottingham is proud of its existing links with Mexico and of the lively Latin American community which is developing here
- CONACYT normally award scholarships as opposed to loans and the ‘promedio’ required by applicants is 8.0;
- Scholarship award winners do not usually have to pay money back to CONACYT, however they are required to return to work in Mexico after their period of study in the UK;
- CONACYT will consider most subjects for funding, applicants to priority areas are at an advantage, PhD research applicants are a priority but masters applicants will also be considered;
- Students who wish to apply for a CONACYT scholarship for academic studies must hold an UNCONDITIONAL offer to study at a UK University BEFORE they can apply for a CONACYT scholarship; this rule was introduced by CONACYT and applies to all UK universities;
- CONACYT can grant the scholarship to any student who has already been accepted in one of the universities they have agreements with, in which The University of Nottingham is included – for more information please visit the CONACYT website .
The general funding call for CONACYT has 2 openings, below, and more information is on their website .
- 1st Period for receiving applications – 25 January to 8 April,
publishing of results 17 May;
- 2nd Period for receiving applications – 19 April to 24 June,
publishing of results 2 August.
The application process for a CONACYT scholarship is separate from the application process for admission to The University of Nottingham. As unconditional offers are now required by CONACYT before scholarship applications can be made, the first step is to apply for a University place by submitting a formal application and supporting documentation, including an IELTS or TEOFL certificate; please be aware that to receive an unconditional offer the IELTS or TEOFL requirement will also have to be met.
Other specific calls managed by CONACYT will also open later in the year. CONACYT-FUNED call is aimed at masters student in Business and related areas. Some local government (estados) also have independent calls for funding in partnership with CONACYT.
Students from Mexico can also find information aboutFUNED scholarships on our website .
Further information on all the University’s provisions and facilities can be obtained from the International Officer who specialises in Mexico Ms Ninna Makrinov .
The University of Nottingham’s contribution for students sponsored by CONACYT will not be offered in conjunction with similar scholarships from the University for other Mexican sponsors.
Students holding more than one loan or scholarship from Mexican sponsors will only be entitled to one tuition fee scholarship from the International Office, at the highest applicable rate.
Academic Lead In Psychology Ref: 6057, University of Derby, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Responsible To Academic Manager PLEASE NOTE: This role will be based at Enterprise Centre, Bridge Street, Derby. The University of Derby Online Learning (UDOL) is at the forefront of online distan...
It Technician, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
£16,357 - £18,734 plus £3,000 London allowance per annum, at a starting salary to be confirmed on offer of appointment. Technical Services Grade 3, £16,357 - £18,734 plus £3,000 London allowance p...
Assistant Registrar – College Services Ref: 6121, University of Derby, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Responsible To Head of College and Registry Services First stage interviews; Wednesday 5th October Second stage interviews; Friday 14th October At the University of Derby, people are at the heart ...
Administrative Assistant (Part Time, Fixed Term To June 2017)) Ref: 6133, University of Derby, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Responsible To Administrative Officer Interview date: 9 September Great people, original thinking, inspiring individuals- changing lives. To undertake a wide range of administrative/clerical dutie...
Voluntary Subwarden John Phillips Hall, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Voluntary Subwarden - John Phillips Hall Duties Subwardens assist the Warden in the day to day running of the hall. This may involve pastoral, disciplinary and administrative duties as well as bei...
Research Associate, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Wolfson School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering Fixed term until 28 February 2019 Loughborough University (CREST) in collaboration with Warwick University and the University...