The University of Nottingham is proud of its existing links with Mexico and of the lively Latin American community which is developing here
- CONACYT normally award scholarships as opposed to loans and the ‘promedio’ required by applicants is 8.0;
- Scholarship award winners do not usually have to pay money back to CONACYT, however they are required to return to work in Mexico after their period of study in the UK;
- CONACYT will consider most subjects for funding, applicants to priority areas are at an advantage, PhD research applicants are a priority but masters applicants will also be considered;
- Students who wish to apply for a CONACYT scholarship for academic studies must hold an UNCONDITIONAL offer to study at a UK University BEFORE they can apply for a CONACYT scholarship; this rule was introduced by CONACYT and applies to all UK universities;
- CONACYT can grant the scholarship to any student who has already been accepted in one of the universities they have agreements with, in which The University of Nottingham is included – for more information please visit the CONACYT website .
The general funding call for CONACYT has 2 openings, below, and more information is on their website .
- 1st Period for receiving applications – 25 January to 8 April,
publishing of results 17 May;
- 2nd Period for receiving applications – 19 April to 24 June,
publishing of results 2 August.
The application process for a CONACYT scholarship is separate from the application process for admission to The University of Nottingham. As unconditional offers are now required by CONACYT before scholarship applications can be made, the first step is to apply for a University place by submitting a formal application and supporting documentation, including an IELTS or TEOFL certificate; please be aware that to receive an unconditional offer the IELTS or TEOFL requirement will also have to be met.
Other specific calls managed by CONACYT will also open later in the year. CONACYT-FUNED call is aimed at masters student in Business and related areas. Some local government (estados) also have independent calls for funding in partnership with CONACYT.
Students from Mexico can also find information aboutFUNED scholarships on our website .
Further information on all the University’s provisions and facilities can be obtained from the International Officer who specialises in Mexico Ms Ninna Makrinov .
The University of Nottingham’s contribution for students sponsored by CONACYT will not be offered in conjunction with similar scholarships from the University for other Mexican sponsors.
Students holding more than one loan or scholarship from Mexican sponsors will only be entitled to one tuition fee scholarship from the International Office, at the highest applicable rate.
Aude Projects And Engagement Officer, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
AUDE Projects and Engagement Officer £25,023 to £31,656 pa, dependent on qualifications and experience. Grade 6, £25,023 to £31,656 pa, dependent on qualifications and experience. AUDE Projects an...
Senior Support Officer, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Loughborough University London Loughborough University in London opened on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in September 2015. We are seeking to appoint a new member of our Professional Services T...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Physical Geography (Fixed Term Until July 2018) Ref: 5670, University of Derby, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Responsible To Head of Geoscience Proposed Interview Date: 13 June 2016 Lecturer /Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography (2 year: fixed term) Applications are invited for a fixed term (two year) le...
Customer Service Assistant (2 Posts), Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Sports Development Centre Two part time posts available that will be based within our Tennis Centre or Sports Reception. There is a 3 week shift Rota in operation which will include working, early...
Research Associate Department Of Mathematics, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Department of Mathematical Sciences A fixed term 24 month* research appointment from 1st August 2016 (or later by arrangement), is available entitled "Material Modelling of Fuel Rod Cladding". Th...
Service Delivery Technician (Based In Derby) Ref: 5358, University of Derby, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Responsible To Senior Service Engineer, Operations & Response Centre We have a number of vacancies within our Award winning IT Department for 1st line support roles who can offer outstanding Custo...