The University of Nottingham is proud of its existing links with Mexico and of the lively Latin American community which is developing here
- CONACYT normally award scholarships as opposed to loans and the ‘promedio’ required by applicants is 8.0;
- Scholarship award winners do not usually have to pay money back to CONACYT, however they are required to return to work in Mexico after their period of study in the UK;
- CONACYT will consider most subjects for funding, applicants to priority areas are at an advantage, PhD research applicants are a priority but masters applicants will also be considered;
- Students who wish to apply for a CONACYT scholarship for academic studies must hold an UNCONDITIONAL offer to study at a UK University BEFORE they can apply for a CONACYT scholarship; this rule was introduced by CONACYT and applies to all UK universities;
- CONACYT can grant the scholarship to any student who has already been accepted in one of the universities they have agreements with, in which The University of Nottingham is included – for more information please visit the CONACYT website .
The general funding call for CONACYT has 2 openings, below, and more information is on their website .
- 1st Period for receiving applications – 25 January to 8 April,
publishing of results 17 May;
- 2nd Period for receiving applications – 19 April to 24 June,
publishing of results 2 August.
The application process for a CONACYT scholarship is separate from the application process for admission to The University of Nottingham. As unconditional offers are now required by CONACYT before scholarship applications can be made, the first step is to apply for a University place by submitting a formal application and supporting documentation, including an IELTS or TEOFL certificate; please be aware that to receive an unconditional offer the IELTS or TEOFL requirement will also have to be met.
Other specific calls managed by CONACYT will also open later in the year. CONACYT-FUNED call is aimed at masters student in Business and related areas. Some local government (estados) also have independent calls for funding in partnership with CONACYT.
Students from Mexico can also find information aboutFUNED scholarships on our website .
Further information on all the University’s provisions and facilities can be obtained from the International Officer who specialises in Mexico Ms Ninna Makrinov .
The University of Nottingham’s contribution for students sponsored by CONACYT will not be offered in conjunction with similar scholarships from the University for other Mexican sponsors.
Students holding more than one loan or scholarship from Mexican sponsors will only be entitled to one tuition fee scholarship from the International Office, at the highest applicable rate.
Professor And Head Of Chemistry, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Nottingham Trent University’s new strategy, anchored on the vision to ‘Create the university of the future’, is set to transform the lives of our students and the world in which they live. We are ...
Football Referee, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Special conditions: There are no fixed hours and schedules of work will vary. Match fees are paid at £30 per game (or equivalent time period in the case of 6-a-side and 5-a-side fixtures). Notting...
Academic Associates In Animal, Rural And Environmental Sciences, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Additional info: - Fixed Term 5 year contract on a part time basis with PhD registration for which you will receive a scholarship. - Please note that role contains teaching and PhD elements, both ...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Human Resource Management/Organisational Behaviour (Fixed Term), Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Additional Information: This post is a fixed term contract for two years. Nottingham Trent University is a large, vibrant, and modern University with a deserved reputation for its extensive indust...
Reader In Applied Mathematics, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
The new strategy for Nottingham Trent University represents an ambition to transform the lives of our students and the world in which they live. It will be supported by a £25m investment in the ac...
Research Associate X5, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Additional Information: These 5 posts are all fixed term for 18 months in the first instance. Nottingham Business School (NBS) is internationally recognised as the business school for business eng...