The University of Nottingham is proud of its existing links with Mexico and of the lively Latin American community which is developing here
- CONACYT normally award scholarships as opposed to loans and the ‘promedio’ required by applicants is 8.0;
- Scholarship award winners do not usually have to pay money back to CONACYT, however they are required to return to work in Mexico after their period of study in the UK;
- CONACYT will consider most subjects for funding, applicants to priority areas are at an advantage, PhD research applicants are a priority but masters applicants will also be considered;
- Students who wish to apply for a CONACYT scholarship for academic studies must hold an UNCONDITIONAL offer to study at a UK University BEFORE they can apply for a CONACYT scholarship; this rule was introduced by CONACYT and applies to all UK universities;
- CONACYT can grant the scholarship to any student who has already been accepted in one of the universities they have agreements with, in which The University of Nottingham is included – for more information please visit the CONACYT website .
The general funding call for CONACYT has 2 openings, below, and more information is on their website .
- 1st Period for receiving applications – 25 January to 8 April,
publishing of results 17 May;
- 2nd Period for receiving applications – 19 April to 24 June,
publishing of results 2 August.
The application process for a CONACYT scholarship is separate from the application process for admission to The University of Nottingham. As unconditional offers are now required by CONACYT before scholarship applications can be made, the first step is to apply for a University place by submitting a formal application and supporting documentation, including an IELTS or TEOFL certificate; please be aware that to receive an unconditional offer the IELTS or TEOFL requirement will also have to be met.
Other specific calls managed by CONACYT will also open later in the year. CONACYT-FUNED call is aimed at masters student in Business and related areas. Some local government (estados) also have independent calls for funding in partnership with CONACYT.
Students from Mexico can also find information aboutFUNED scholarships on our website .
Further information on all the University’s provisions and facilities can be obtained from the International Officer who specialises in Mexico Ms Ninna Makrinov .
The University of Nottingham’s contribution for students sponsored by CONACYT will not be offered in conjunction with similar scholarships from the University for other Mexican sponsors.
Students holding more than one loan or scholarship from Mexican sponsors will only be entitled to one tuition fee scholarship from the International Office, at the highest applicable rate.
Media Training & Production Intern, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
Loughborough Students Union Full time, 12-Month appointment until end of August 2018 Are you passionate about Media? We are seeking a creative, highly motivated individual to support the Media and...
Advanced Apprentice In Powertrains, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
School of Aeronautical, Automotive, Chemical and Materials Engineering Loughborough University is offering an opportunity for an Advanced Apprenticeship in the department of Aeronautical and Autom...
Lsu London Student Experience Intern, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
LSU London is a branch of Loughborough Students' Union based at the recently opened Loughborough University London campus. Having been in operation for less than two years, the campus is still in ...
University Teacher In Innovation, Entrepreneurship And Strategic Management, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
Loughborough University London - Glendonbrook Institute for Enterprise Development 5 Positions Available Loughborough University London is seeking to make up to 5 University Teacher appointments a...
Research Associate, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
School of Science - Department of Chemistry Fixed Term for 12 Months A Post Doctoral Research Associate (PDRA) is required to contribute to a project involving the modelling and simulation of ener...
Events Support Assistant, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, about 15 hours ago
Marketing and Advancement To assist in supporting a wide range of corporate, recruitment, alumni and advancement and bespoke events to raise awareness of the University brand. To work closely with...