The University of Nottingham is proud of its existing links with Mexico and of the lively Latin American community which is developing here
- CONACYT normally award scholarships as opposed to loans and the ‘promedio’ required by applicants is 8.0;
- Scholarship award winners do not usually have to pay money back to CONACYT, however they are required to return to work in Mexico after their period of study in the UK;
- CONACYT will consider most subjects for funding, applicants to priority areas are at an advantage, PhD research applicants are a priority but masters applicants will also be considered;
- Students who wish to apply for a CONACYT scholarship for academic studies must hold an UNCONDITIONAL offer to study at a UK University BEFORE they can apply for a CONACYT scholarship; this rule was introduced by CONACYT and applies to all UK universities;
- CONACYT can grant the scholarship to any student who has already been accepted in one of the universities they have agreements with, in which The University of Nottingham is included – for more information please visit the CONACYT website .
The general funding call for CONACYT has 2 openings, below, and more information is on their website .
- 1st Period for receiving applications – 25 January to 8 April,
publishing of results 17 May;
- 2nd Period for receiving applications – 19 April to 24 June,
publishing of results 2 August.
The application process for a CONACYT scholarship is separate from the application process for admission to The University of Nottingham. As unconditional offers are now required by CONACYT before scholarship applications can be made, the first step is to apply for a University place by submitting a formal application and supporting documentation, including an IELTS or TEOFL certificate; please be aware that to receive an unconditional offer the IELTS or TEOFL requirement will also have to be met.
Other specific calls managed by CONACYT will also open later in the year. CONACYT-FUNED call is aimed at masters student in Business and related areas. Some local government (estados) also have independent calls for funding in partnership with CONACYT.
Students from Mexico can also find information aboutFUNED scholarships on our website .
Further information on all the University’s provisions and facilities can be obtained from the International Officer who specialises in Mexico Ms Ninna Makrinov .
The University of Nottingham’s contribution for students sponsored by CONACYT will not be offered in conjunction with similar scholarships from the University for other Mexican sponsors.
Students holding more than one loan or scholarship from Mexican sponsors will only be entitled to one tuition fee scholarship from the International Office, at the highest applicable rate.
Professor And Head Of Chemistry And Forensics, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Nottingham Trent University’s new strategy, anchored on the vision to ‘Create the university of the future’, is set to transform the lives of our students and the world in which they live. We are ...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Marketing, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Nottingham Trent University is a large, vibrant and modern University situated in the heart of Nottingham. Known for its extensive industry links, the University has an outstanding employability r...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer In Sports Management, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Sport Management, to contribute to teaching and research in Sport Management or/and Sport Policy. A specialism in one or more of the follo...
Admissions Support Assistant, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Nottingham Trent University is widely acknowledged as one of the UK’s most innovative and forward thinking Universities; it has impressive links with business and industry, has a strong record of ...
Duty Manager, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
We are seeking two individuals to join our highly successful team of more than 50 sports staff dedicated to ensuring that an NTU student’s lifestyle is much more than lectures and lie-ins. You wil...
Health And Safety Coordinator, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Special conditions: Salary: £26,274 - £30,434 per annum pro rata This is a part-time role working 18.5 hours per week and the role is fixed term for 12 months to cover a period of maternity leave....