The University of Nottingham is proud of its existing links with Mexico and of the lively Latin American community which is developing here
- CONACYT normally award scholarships as opposed to loans and the ‘promedio’ required by applicants is 8.0;
- Scholarship award winners do not usually have to pay money back to CONACYT, however they are required to return to work in Mexico after their period of study in the UK;
- CONACYT will consider most subjects for funding, applicants to priority areas are at an advantage, PhD research applicants are a priority but masters applicants will also be considered;
- Students who wish to apply for a CONACYT scholarship for academic studies must hold an UNCONDITIONAL offer to study at a UK University BEFORE they can apply for a CONACYT scholarship; this rule was introduced by CONACYT and applies to all UK universities;
- CONACYT can grant the scholarship to any student who has already been accepted in one of the universities they have agreements with, in which The University of Nottingham is included – for more information please visit the CONACYT website .
The general funding call for CONACYT has 2 openings, below, and more information is on their website .
- 1st Period for receiving applications – 25 January to 8 April,
publishing of results 17 May;
- 2nd Period for receiving applications – 19 April to 24 June,
publishing of results 2 August.
The application process for a CONACYT scholarship is separate from the application process for admission to The University of Nottingham. As unconditional offers are now required by CONACYT before scholarship applications can be made, the first step is to apply for a University place by submitting a formal application and supporting documentation, including an IELTS or TEOFL certificate; please be aware that to receive an unconditional offer the IELTS or TEOFL requirement will also have to be met.
Other specific calls managed by CONACYT will also open later in the year. CONACYT-FUNED call is aimed at masters student in Business and related areas. Some local government (estados) also have independent calls for funding in partnership with CONACYT.
Students from Mexico can also find information aboutFUNED scholarships on our website .
Further information on all the University’s provisions and facilities can be obtained from the International Officer who specialises in Mexico Ms Ninna Makrinov .
The University of Nottingham’s contribution for students sponsored by CONACYT will not be offered in conjunction with similar scholarships from the University for other Mexican sponsors.
Students holding more than one loan or scholarship from Mexican sponsors will only be entitled to one tuition fee scholarship from the International Office, at the highest applicable rate.
Environmental Compliance Officer, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Additional information – Based at the City site with regular travel to Clifton and Brackenhurst campuses. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required. Nottingham Trent University (NTU) ha...
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer In Animation, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
The School of Art and Design offers an impressive portfolio of programmes covering the full spectrum of Art and Design specialisms. Renowned for the quality of our teaching and research, we can of...
Research Associate In Gamification Of The Business Education, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Additional Information: This role is fixed term for 18 months Nottingham Business School (NBS) is internationally recognised as the business school for business engagement and impact. We conduct w...
Business Support Assistant, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
Nottingham Trent University prides itself in the excellent progression of our students and its success in the global graduate marketplace. As part of the drive for student employability and enterp...
N0897 Technician Bank Staff, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
Additional Information: Please note Technician Bank Staff are only paid for actual hours worked. The hourly rate is £11.87 per hour. If Bank staff are required to work it maybe at short notice, a...
Able Project Officer, Nottingham Trent University, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Additional Information: This role is fixed term until 31st August 2018. The NTU Student Dashboard is an award winning learning analytics resource used to understand students engagement with their ...