The University of Nottingham is proud of its existing links with Mexico and of the lively Latin American community which is developing here
- CONACYT normally award scholarships as opposed to loans and the ‘promedio’ required by applicants is 8.0;
- Scholarship award winners do not usually have to pay money back to CONACYT, however they are required to return to work in Mexico after their period of study in the UK;
- CONACYT will consider most subjects for funding, applicants to priority areas are at an advantage, PhD research applicants are a priority but masters applicants will also be considered;
- Students who wish to apply for a CONACYT scholarship for academic studies must hold an UNCONDITIONAL offer to study at a UK University BEFORE they can apply for a CONACYT scholarship; this rule was introduced by CONACYT and applies to all UK universities;
- CONACYT can grant the scholarship to any student who has already been accepted in one of the universities they have agreements with, in which The University of Nottingham is included – for more information please visit the CONACYT website .
The general funding call for CONACYT has 2 openings, below, and more information is on their website .
- 1st Period for receiving applications – 25 January to 8 April,
publishing of results 17 May;
- 2nd Period for receiving applications – 19 April to 24 June,
publishing of results 2 August.
The application process for a CONACYT scholarship is separate from the application process for admission to The University of Nottingham. As unconditional offers are now required by CONACYT before scholarship applications can be made, the first step is to apply for a University place by submitting a formal application and supporting documentation, including an IELTS or TEOFL certificate; please be aware that to receive an unconditional offer the IELTS or TEOFL requirement will also have to be met.
Other specific calls managed by CONACYT will also open later in the year. CONACYT-FUNED call is aimed at masters student in Business and related areas. Some local government (estados) also have independent calls for funding in partnership with CONACYT.
Students from Mexico can also find information aboutFUNED scholarships on our website .
Further information on all the University’s provisions and facilities can be obtained from the International Officer who specialises in Mexico Ms Ninna Makrinov .
The University of Nottingham’s contribution for students sponsored by CONACYT will not be offered in conjunction with similar scholarships from the University for other Mexican sponsors.
Students holding more than one loan or scholarship from Mexican sponsors will only be entitled to one tuition fee scholarship from the International Office, at the highest applicable rate.
Research Associate In Multifunctional Materials Manufacturing, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Wolfson School of Mechanical, Manufacturing and Electrical Engineering Applications are invited from engineers who can contribute to developing a new manufacturing protocol for multifunctional lig...
Lecturer In Vehicle Dynamics, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
AERONAUTICAL AND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINEERING Applications are invited for the post of Lecturer in Vehicle Dynamics in the Department of Aeronautical and Automotive Engineering. The successful candidate...
Voluntary Subwarden John Phillips Hall, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Voluntary Subwarden - John Phillips Hall A vacancy has arisen for a Subwarden at John Phillips Hall of Residence. Applications are invited from post graduate research students of the University. J...
Research Associate In Computational Materials, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
Chemistry This position is full time (37 hours per week), available from 1st April 2016 and is fixed term for 36 months A Research Associate is required to contribute to a project involving the mo...
Research Associate, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
DEPARTMENT OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING Fixed term until 30 September 2016 As a member of an interdisciplinary research team within the EPSRC funded project in Future ICT-enabled Manufacturing, you wil...
Research Development Manager, Loughborough University, United Kingdom, 3 days ago
Research Office 2 Posts Loughborough University's Research Office is recruiting two Research Development Managers to support the six Research Challenges , and other research activities of strategi...