The aim of the scheme is to assist students from developing Commonwealth countries who are of excellent academic calibre but for financial reasons would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK. The scheme allows them to benefit from postgraduate study at a university in the UK which will help them to contribute toward the development of their home countries.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for taught Master’s courses only. All courses undertaken must be demonstrably relevant to the economic, social or technological development of the candidate’s home country. Awards are available at participating institutions in the UK only.
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a developing Commonwealth country, and not currently be living or studying in a developed country (please see the Shared Scholarships prospectus for a list of eligible countries)
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they or their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- be willing to confirm that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Ph D Fellowships At Graduate School Of East Asian Studies At Freie Universität Berlin, Graduate School of East Asian Studies, Freie Universität Berlin, Europe, 7 days ago
Fellowship posted by Graduate School of East Asian Studies (20/10/2016 16.46) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research...
Erasmus+ Grants For Master Studies In Theoretical Chemistry, UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE MADRID, Europe, 7 days ago
Fellowship posted by UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE MADRID (20/10/2016 15.09) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo ...
Csiro Postgraduate Scholarships , CSIRO, Australia, 23 days ago
•Are you passionate about a career in science?•Access CSIRO's world-class facilities•Apply for a CSIRO PhD Scholarship now!Each year, CSIRO supports PhD Scholarships for students to work on project...
Ph D Studentship In Composite Materials For Sensing Applications, Lancaster University, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
Job posted by Lancaster University (12/10/2016 08.46) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Res...
Ph D Studentship In 4 D Image Analysis, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 16 days ago
ReferenceSCI1659Closing DateFriday, 25th November 2016DepartmentComputer Science The Diamond Light Source, Harwell, Oxfordshire Applications are invited for a fully-funded PhD studentship (at Home...
Ph D Studentship: Targeting Enzyme Dxs, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
A 4-year BBSRC CASE PhD studentship in partnership with Syngenta is available from October 2017 in the laboratory of Professor Chris Abell. The project aims to develop novel compounds that target...