The aim of the scheme is to assist students from developing Commonwealth countries who are of excellent academic calibre but for financial reasons would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK. The scheme allows them to benefit from postgraduate study at a university in the UK which will help them to contribute toward the development of their home countries.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for taught Master’s courses only. All courses undertaken must be demonstrably relevant to the economic, social or technological development of the candidate’s home country. Awards are available at participating institutions in the UK only.
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a developing Commonwealth country, and not currently be living or studying in a developed country (please see the Shared Scholarships prospectus for a list of eligible countries)
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they or their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- be willing to confirm that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
14 Ph D Studentships In Truss (Training In Reducing Uncertainty In Structural Safety) Marie Skłodowska Curie Itn, University College Dublin, Ireland, 27 days ago
TRUSS (Training in Reducing Uncertainty in Structural Safety, 2015-2018, http://trussITN.eu/) is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network funded by the European Union under the Horizon ...
Mechanics Of Living Tissue During Embryo Development: Understanding Biological Observations With A Mechanical Model, Université Grenoble Alpes, France, 11 days ago
Applications are invited for a PhD position to be held at the Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de Physique, Université Grenoble Alpes, in collaboration with the Dept. of Physiology, Development and N...
Ph.D. In Organic Chemistry, University of British Columbia, Canada, 11 days ago
Fully funded Ph.D. positions are available at the University of British Columbia Department of Chemistry (Vancouver, Canada), in the laboratory of Prof. Martin E. Tanner. Research in the Tann...
Fully Funded Ph D Scholarships In Electronic And Control Engineering, Northumbria, United Kingdom, 21 days ago
A fully funded PhD position is available, starting from October 2015 to work on "Secure Precision Time Synchronisation in Heterogeneous Networked Control Systems". More details please seehttp://www...
The Wynne Bonnyman Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Home ›Funding Database ›Search Results › The Wynne Bonnyman Scholarship Summary One scholarship is to be awarded. The scholarship is valued at £1,000 per annum for each year of study. Description...
Discout Displays Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Summary The Discount Displays Scholarship, awarded by a leading supplier of display and graphics products. We are proud to offer these annual scholarships to help students reach their full potenti...