2012 Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Masters For Developing Commonwealth Countries
The aim of the scheme is to assist students from developing Commonwealth countries who are of excellent academic calibre but for financial reasons would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK. The scheme allows them to benefit from postgraduate study at a university in the UK which will help them to contribute toward the development of their home countries.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for taught Master’s courses only. All courses undertaken must be demonstrably relevant to the economic, social or technological development of the candidate’s home country. Awards are available at participating institutions in the UK only.
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a developing Commonwealth country, and not currently be living or studying in a developed country (please see the Shared Scholarships prospectus for a list of eligible countries)
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they or their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- be willing to confirm that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
International, Developing countries
View or Apply