The aim of the scheme is to assist students from developing Commonwealth countries who are of excellent academic calibre but for financial reasons would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK. The scheme allows them to benefit from postgraduate study at a university in the UK which will help them to contribute toward the development of their home countries.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for taught Master’s courses only. All courses undertaken must be demonstrably relevant to the economic, social or technological development of the candidate’s home country. Awards are available at participating institutions in the UK only.
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a developing Commonwealth country, and not currently be living or studying in a developed country (please see the Shared Scholarships prospectus for a list of eligible countries)
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they or their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- be willing to confirm that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Ph D Studentship In Experimental Determination Of The Structure And Performance Of Organic Friction Modifiers In Solution And In Tribo Contacts, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
Project Background: Improvements in fuel economy are a major driver in the lubricants industry. Fuel economy shows an inverse relationship with friction and hence there have been a number of metho...
Ph D Studentship (3 Years) Smart Elbow Prosthesis For Loosening Detection, Aston University, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
View All Vacancies Engineering and Applied Science - Studentships Contract Type: Fixed Term Basis: Full Time Closing Date: Monday 13 February 2017 Reference: R170022 Applications are invited for...
Ph D Research Studentship, Abertay University, United Kingdom, 5 days ago
Reference: THW/17/059651/000003 Contract Type:Temporary/Fixed term Contract Term:Part time PhD Research Studentship Project Title: Evaluating the effect of plant species on soil carbonation flux A...
4 Year Ph D Programme In Energy Demand Fully Funded Studentships Available For 2017/18 , University College London, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
UCL Department / Division Bartlett School of Environment, Energy and Resources Specific unit / Sub department UCL Energy Institute Duration of Studentship 4 years Stipend approx. £18,200 per annum...
Ph D Studentship, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
One, or two, fully funded PhD Studentships are available in the Stroke Research Group (Head Professor Hugh Markus) within the Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Cambridge. Applica...
Ph D Studentship Translational Interrogations Of Prostate Cancer, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, about 1 month ago
Applications are invited for a 3-year, fully-funded PhD studentship in the Targeted Cancer Therapy Group, Department of Clinical & Experimental Medicine, University of Surrey, Guildford. The depar...