The aim of the scheme is to assist students from developing Commonwealth countries who are of excellent academic calibre but for financial reasons would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK. The scheme allows them to benefit from postgraduate study at a university in the UK which will help them to contribute toward the development of their home countries.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for taught Master’s courses only. All courses undertaken must be demonstrably relevant to the economic, social or technological development of the candidate’s home country. Awards are available at participating institutions in the UK only.
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a developing Commonwealth country, and not currently be living or studying in a developed country (please see the Shared Scholarships prospectus for a list of eligible countries)
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they or their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- be willing to confirm that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Ph D Scholarship X 3 In Speech Recognition (Computer Science, Electronic Engineering), Massey University, New Zealand, 4 days ago
We are seeing three PhD students in the field of Speech Recognition, in the Language and Speech Processing Centre (http://clsp.massey.ac.nz), Massey University, New Zealand. The scholars...
Ph D Controlled Stress – Thermally Inducing Strain In Graphene, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
EPSRC funded (3.5-year) and The Leverhulme Trust funded (4-year) PhD scholarships in Physics: Controlled stress – thermally inducing strain in graphene - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/...
Arts And Humanities Subjects: College Of Arts & Humanities Postgraduate Scholarships 2015, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Job posted by Swansea University (03/08/2015 11.56) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D Graphene Science Spin And Valley Hall Effects In Nanomaterials, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
EPSRC funded (3.5-year) PhD studentship in Physics: Graphene Science - spin and valley Hall effects in nanomaterials - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=1739Spintronic effects...
John Monash Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 1 day ago
Level 1, Bennelong House, 9 Queen ST, Melbourne, VIC, Australia. firstname.lastname@example.org (613) 9620 2428 Home Home About Us John Monash Scholars Support Applicants News and Events John Monash Contact ...
Ph.D. Positions In Uav And Mobile Robotics, West Virginia University, United States, 7 days ago
The Interactive Robotics Laboratory (IRL) at West Virginia University (WVU) has openings for multiple Ph.D. level Graduate Research Assistantships (GRAs). Research areas include sensor fusion, visi...