The aim of the scheme is to assist students from developing Commonwealth countries who are of excellent academic calibre but for financial reasons would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK. The scheme allows them to benefit from postgraduate study at a university in the UK which will help them to contribute toward the development of their home countries.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for taught Master’s courses only. All courses undertaken must be demonstrably relevant to the economic, social or technological development of the candidate’s home country. Awards are available at participating institutions in the UK only.
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a developing Commonwealth country, and not currently be living or studying in a developed country (please see the Shared Scholarships prospectus for a list of eligible countries)
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they or their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- be willing to confirm that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Tu Delft Architecture B&T Ph D Call Info, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 18 days ago
BORDERS&TERRITORIESOpen Invitation for PhD Dissertation Proposalssession #05 Thursday 04 June 2015INTRODUCTIONUnder the auspices of the Graduate School of the Faculty of Architecture and t...
Ph D Studentship Energy Resilience In Food Manufacturing, Centre for SMART, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, Loughborough University, England, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
PhD StudentshipEnergy Resilience in Food ManufacturingRef: EB310315Wolfson School of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering, Loughborough UniversityApplications are sought for a PhD studentship...
Sir James Dunn Animal Welfare Graduate Scholarship, University of Prince Edward Island, Canada, 11 days ago
The Sir James Dunn Animal Welfare Centre at the Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, is very pleased to announce a new animal welfare graduate scholarship. The Sir James...
Ph D Scholar Of Department Of Aquaculture Management And Technology, Vidyasager University, India, 21 days ago
PhD Scholar field of fish management, ORGANIC aquaculture.Other activity -Aquatic Ecology, toxicology,marine aquaculture, organic aquaculture,wast water management (RAS),climate change all type of ...
Ph D Studentship Impact Of Urban Production In Food Product Development, Loughborough University - Centre for SMART, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Wolfson School of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering, Loughborough UniversityApplications are sought for a PhD studentship within the Centre for Sustainable Manufacturing and Recycling Tech...
Benefactors Postgraduate Progression Scholarship, University of Warwick, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
The University of Warwick is delighted to announce five scholarships of £10,000 per student available for Taught Masters students starting their courses in 2015/16. These scholarships have been ma...