The aim of the scheme is to assist students from developing Commonwealth countries who are of excellent academic calibre but for financial reasons would not otherwise be able to afford to study in the UK. The scheme allows them to benefit from postgraduate study at a university in the UK which will help them to contribute toward the development of their home countries.
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for taught Master’s courses only. All courses undertaken must be demonstrably relevant to the economic, social or technological development of the candidate’s home country. Awards are available at participating institutions in the UK only.
- be nationals of (or permanently domiciled in) a developing Commonwealth country, and not currently be living or studying in a developed country (please see the Shared Scholarships prospectus for a list of eligible countries)
- hold a first degree at either first or upper second class level
- be sufficiently fluent in English to pursue the course
- have not previously studied for one year or more in a developed country
- be able to confirm in writing that neither they or their families would otherwise be able to pay for the proposed course of study
- be willing to confirm that they will return to their home country as soon as their period of study is complete
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Ph D And Ms Research Assistantship At Wireless Communication And Networking Lab, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea For Spring/Fall 2015, Chosun University, South Korea, 10 days ago
The Wireless Communication and Networking Lab (WHYNET LAB), Chosun University, Gwangju, is seeking for skilful, hard working and highly motivated candidates with good academic credentials to join o...
Two Ph D Positions On The Theory Of Quantum Plasmonics And Nanoscale Quantum Optics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 12 days ago
The Department of Photonics Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for two PhD positions on the Theory of Quantum Plasmonics and Nanoscale Quantum Optics.We aim to ...
Ph D Position In Machine Learning, Mid Sweden University, Sweden, 12 days ago
The research group in Computer Communications and Networking belongs to the Department of Information and Communication Systems (IKS) at Mid Sweden University, and is in an expansive phase and we a...
Ph D Student: Patient Risk Profiling And Early Deterioration Detection, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 2 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (21/11/2014 02.01) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Ph D Studentship Surrey Morphology Group, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
View All Vacancies English and Languages Location: Guildford Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: Monday 08 December 2014 Interview Date: To be confirmed Reference: 073614 The Surrey Morphology ...
Barnes Clitheroe Baxter College Residential Scholarship Ugce1218, University of New South Wales, Australia, 7 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Opens 17/11/2014 Closing Date 30/01/2015 For commencement Semester 2 2014 Value $9,000 up to $9,000 1 Scholarship(s) available For up to 3 years Residenc...