Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Ph.D. Positions In Uav And Mobile Robotics, West Virginia University, United States, 5 days ago
The Interactive Robotics Laboratory (IRL) at West Virginia University (WVU) has openings for multiple Ph.D. level Graduate Research Assistantships (GRAs). Research areas include sensor fusion, visi...
Ph D Controlled Stress – Thermally Inducing Strain In Graphene, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
EPSRC funded (3.5-year) and The Leverhulme Trust funded (4-year) PhD scholarships in Physics: Controlled stress – thermally inducing strain in graphene - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/...
Ph D Graphene Science Spin And Valley Hall Effects In Nanomaterials, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
EPSRC funded (3.5-year) PhD studentship in Physics: Graphene Science - spin and valley Hall effects in nanomaterials - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=1739Spintronic effects...
Ph D Programme In Linguistic And Literary Sciences, UNIVERSITA' CATTOLICA DEL SACRO CUORE, Italy, 15 minutes ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (01/08/2015 02.34) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Disturbance Rejection In Ac Drives Using Low Resolution Position Sensors, Dipartimento di Ingegneria Astronautica Elettrica ed Energetica, Italy, 5 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (28/07/2015 03.33) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Ph D Stipend In Measurement And Modelling Of Knee Laxity Before And After Total Knee Replacement (915 15050), Aalborg University, Denmark, 21 days ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, a PhD stipend is available within the project:"Prediction of the functional outcome, knee stabili...