Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Ph D Studentship (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Applications are invited for a three-year PhD studentship position funded by the Pathological Society of Great Britain & Ireland, starting from 1 October 2017. Funding will cover the student's sti...
Industrial Case Ph D Studentship, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 18 hours ago
Southampton Business School Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Monday 20 March 2017 Reference: 839117TR Centre of Operational Research, Management Science and Information Systems (CORMSIS), ...
Ph D Studentship In Statistical Science , University College London, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
UCL Department / Division Statistical Science Duration of Studentship 4 years Stipend £16,785 per annum plus UK/EU fees Vacancy Information Applications are invited for a PhD funding opportunity t...
Ph D Intellectual Disability, Mental Health And Offending, University of New South Wales, Australia, 24 days ago
An interdisciplinary Scholarship is offered between the Department of Developmental Disability Neuropsychiatry (3DN) http://3dn.unsw.edu.au/ within the School of Psychiatry, UNSW Medicine, and the ...
Ph D – Neuropsychology/Psychiatry: An Investigation Of The Neural Substrates Underlying Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Induced Memory Changes , University of New South Wales, Australia, 22 days ago
The Sydney Neurostimulation Centre (SyNC) located within the Black Dog Institute, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia is seeking a Ph.D student to undertake research investigating how ...
Ph D Studentship: Vibrational Nanospectroscopy Of Surfaces And Films, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 1 hour ago
Applications are invited for a 4-year EPSRC Industrial CASE studentship with Unilever plc which aims to examine the microscopic structure of some biosubstrate surfaces as well as molecular films u...