Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Commonwealth Scholarships To The United Kingdom, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 7 days ago
Value: Please use "2016 Prospectus" link. Tenure of award: Up to 12 months’ support for study at an eligible UK university as part of a PhD being undertaken in your home country, under the joint s...
2016/17 Ph D Program Imt School For Advanced Studies Lucca, Scuola IMT Alti Studi Lucca, Europe, 5 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (21/05/2016 03.33) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Travel Bird Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 16 days ago
How can you inspire us? What inspires you to travel? What sort of things do you want to see, do and experience on holiday? Do you think long and hard about where you want to go or do you book your...
Hi Tech Startup Ecosystem: Analysis Of Funding And Evolutionary Dynamics In Place, Politecnico di Milano – Dipartimento di Ingegneria Gestionale, Italy, 14 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (12/05/2016 04.46) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Call 2016 For Ph D Positions At The Ph D Programme In Materials, Mechatronics And Systems Engineering, 32nd Cycle, Università degli Studi di Trento, Europe, 21 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (05/05/2016 04.47) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...
Commonwealth Scholarships New Zealand, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 8 days ago
Value: Up to a Maximum$27,000 p.a. for three years, dependant om institution (see links below) Tenure of award: The Commonwealth Scholarship is awarded for the maximum period of: PhD Three years C...