Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Ph D Studentships In Mri And Big Data, University of London, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and St George’s, University of London (SGUL) have formed the London Intercollegiate Doctoral Training Partnership (MRC LID), which is funded...
Ph D Studentship In Experimental Determination Of The Structure And Performance Of Organic Friction Modifiers In Solution And In Tribo Contacts, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Project Background: Improvements in fuel economy are a major driver in the lubricants industry. Fuel economy shows an inverse relationship with friction and hence there have been a number of metho...
Ph D Fellowship/Scholarship: Global Analysis Of Trade Related Emissions, Aarhus University, Denmark, 29 days ago
Project title: GATE: Global Analysis of Trade-related Emissions Research area and project description:Nowadays most of existing environmental assessments neglect any emissions embodied in trad...
Undergraduate Scholarship Program For International Students In Shiraz, Iran, 2017 2018, Shiraz University of Medical sciences, Iran, 10 days ago
Undergraduate Scholarship Program for International Students in Shiraz, Iran, 2017-2018Description: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will award a variety of scholarships to the applicants demo...
Ph D Studentship Translational Interrogations Of Prostate Cancer, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Applications are invited for a 3-year, fully-funded PhD studentship in the Targeted Cancer Therapy Group, Department of Clinical & Experimental Medicine, University of Surrey, Guildford. The depar...
Ph D Research Studentship, Abertay University, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Reference: THW/17/059651/000003 Contract Type:Temporary/Fixed term Contract Term:Part time PhD Research Studentship Project Title: Evaluating the effect of plant species on soil carbonation flux A...