Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Doctor Of Dental Surgery Program For January 2015, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran, about 1 month ago
To all interested applicants for Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) program, 2015 - 2016 academic year:It is our pleasure to inform you that TUMS will accept the most qualified and interested applic...
Ph D And Ms Research Assistantship At Wireless Communication And Networking Lab, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea For Spring/Fall 2015, Chosun University, South Korea, 7 days ago
The Wireless Communication and Networking Lab (WHYNET LAB), Chosun University, Gwangju, is seeking for skilful, hard working and highly motivated candidates with good academic credentials to join o...
Two Ph D Positions On The Theory Of Quantum Plasmonics And Nanoscale Quantum Optics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 9 days ago
The Department of Photonics Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for two PhD positions on the Theory of Quantum Plasmonics and Nanoscale Quantum Optics.We aim to ...
Ph D Position In Machine Learning, Mid Sweden University, Sweden, 9 days ago
The research group in Computer Communications and Networking belongs to the Department of Information and Communication Systems (IKS) at Mid Sweden University, and is in an expansive phase and we a...
Ph D In Photonics With 2 D Materials Beyond Graphene, The University of Sheffield, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and ...
Cancer Research Uk Cambridge Institute Ph D Studentships, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 28 days ago
Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute PhD Studentships Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to inst...