Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Ph D Fellowships At Graduate School Of East Asian Studies At Freie Universität Berlin, Graduate School of East Asian Studies, Freie Universität Berlin, Europe, 2 days ago
Fellowship posted by Graduate School of East Asian Studies (20/10/2016 16.46) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research...
Csiro Postgraduate Scholarships , CSIRO, Australia, 18 days ago
•Are you passionate about a career in science?•Access CSIRO's world-class facilities•Apply for a CSIRO PhD Scholarship now!Each year, CSIRO supports PhD Scholarships for students to work on project...
Erasmus+ Grants For Master Studies In Theoretical Chemistry, UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE MADRID, Europe, 2 days ago
Fellowship posted by UNIVERSIDAD AUTONOMA DE MADRID (20/10/2016 15.09) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo ...
Ph D Studentship: Protein Aggregation In Ageing, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Applications are invited for a 4-year BBSRC Industrial CASE PhD studentship available from October 2017 for a project investigating the role of protein aggregation in ageing mechanisms. The proje...
Ph D Studentship Cellular Senescence And 3 D Chromatin Architecture., University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
The Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute (CRUK CI) is a joint venture between the Charity, Cancer Research UK, and the University of Cambridge. The Institute has excellent state-of-the-art faci...
Gw4 Mrc Funded Ph D's In Biosciences (Ph D Studentship), Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
The ‘GW4 BioMed MRC DTP’ is awarding up to 20 studentships in 2017, aligned with the themes of Infection, Immunity and Repair; Neuroscience and Mental Health; and Population Health. The DTP also p...