Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Tensile Response Of Eco Ultra High Performance Fiber Reinforced Concretes (Uhpfrc) With Reduced Binder Dosage, Under Long Time Loading, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, 20 days ago
The Structural Maintenance and Safety Laboratory opens a doctoral student position to contribute to a research project funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The field is the tensile resp...
Ph D Students And Post Doc Positions In Nano Robotics And Electromagnetic Fields , Gyeongsang National University, Korea, 28 days ago
PhD students and Post-Doc Positions in Nano Robotics and Electromagnetic fields The research will be focused on designing a magnetic control system to monitor and drive magnetic Nano part...
Ph D Studentship In Multimedia Indexing, EURECOM Multimedia Communications Department, France, 18 days ago
This thesis is part of a collaborative project to analyze the multimedia informationthat is published on the Internet about cultural festivals, either by professionalor by the public. These data ar...
Innovative Horticultural Products Ph D Scholarships (10), University of Tasmania, Australia, 8 days ago
ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Innovative Horticultural Products PhD ScholarshipsUniversity of Tasmania, AustraliaThe Centre has been made possible through $4.1million funding fr...
Ph D In Reconstructing Pre Industrial Land Cover Change In Africa, Lausanne, Switzerland, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 20 days ago
We are looking for a motivated student with a background in palaeo-environmental science to join the ARVE interdisciplinary research team at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland. This is a ful...
Pickering Emulsion Microstructure And Dynamics: A Ph D In Colloid And Surface Chemistry, Massey University, New Zealand, 20 days ago
The Institute:The Institute of Fundamental Sciences is based at Massey University, a leading New Zealand institution. Massey is ranked in the top 3% of universities in the world. IFS are a group of...