Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Master's And Doctoral Degree Programs(Sponsored By Korean Government Scholarship Program, Kgsp) At The Dept. Of Biomedical Gerontology, Hallym University, South Korea, Hallym University, South Korea, 11 days ago
The Dept. of Biomedical Gerontology, Graduate School, Hallym University is looking for applicants passionate and competent in research for the best Korean scholarship for graduate studies, sponsore...
Forest 3 D Characterization Using Sar Tomography: Techniques And Applications, University of Rennes 1, France, 19 days ago
Forest 3-D characterization using SAR tomography: techniques and applicationshttps://www.ietr.fr/IMG/pdf/sujet_these/PhD_CNES_Forest_SAR_tomography_en.pdfSAR tomography is a coherent imaging ...
Ph D Studentship: Organic Synthesis, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
Applications are invited for a 3.5-year EPSRC CASE studentship with GlaxoSmithKline plc working with Professor Matthew Gaunt on a project that will investigate the development of new catalysis rea...
Ph D Studentship Designing Rubber Like Metamaterials, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
ReferenceSCI1718Closing DateWednesday, 14th June 2017DepartmentMathematical Sciences University of Adelaide-University of Nottingham Joint PhD in Mathematics Supervisors This project is offered jo...
Fully Funded (Home/Eu Rate) Ph D Studentship (Fixed Term) Toughening Non Metallic Materials By Inhomogeneous Elasticity, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 4 hours ago
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 3.5 years in the first instance. EPSRC Industrial CASE award supported by Rolls-Royce plc Supervisor: Professor Bill Clegg Aerospace materials...
Ph D Studentship: Development Of A Novel Anisotrophic Tissue Expander For Non Keratinized Epithelial Tissue, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
ReferenceMED1417Closing DateFriday, 28th April 2017DepartmentVeterinary Medicine & Science Principal supervisor– Dr David Gardner Other supervisors- Dr Nigel Mongan, Dr Catrin Rutland, Dr Sabine T...