Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Fully Funded (Home/Eu Rate) Ph D Studentship (Fixed Term) Rejuvenation Of Metallic Glasses By Thermomechanical Processing, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 3 years in the first instance. Applications are invited for a PhD studentship to investigate rejuvenation of metallic glasses. The student wi...
Ph D Studentship: Application Of Circular Economy Thinking To Industrial Wastewater Treatment Operations, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Engineering & the Environment Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 30 June 2017 Reference: CMEES-CES-351 A circular economy is an industrial system that is restorative and regenerative ...
Ph D Studentship: Develop And Design User Centric Hearing Aids, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Engineering & the Environment Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 30 June 2017 Reference: ISVR-HS-347 Technological progress leads to better consumer electronic devices (‘hearables’) t...
Ph D Studentship In Environment Engineering (Renewable Energy): Improving Access To Energy Across Africa Through Plug & Play Solar Systems’. , University College London, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
UCL Department / Division Civil, Environmental & Geomatic engineering Duration of Studentship 3 Years Stipend £16,553 per annum plus fees Vacancy Information Applications are invited for a PhD stu...
Ph D Studentship In Thermal Integrity Testing Of Deep Foundations ¿ Instrumentation And Interpretation, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
A fully funded 4-year PhD studentship funded through a CASE award sponsored by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council and Arup is available in the Department of Engineering at the ...
Ph D Studentship: Supramolecular Gel Electrolytes, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Applications are invited for a EPSRC Industrial CASE PhD studentship in the group of Professor Oren Scherman working on a project sponsored by CDT Ltd (part of the Sumitomo Chemical Group). The p...