Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Ph D Scholarship Knowledge Center In Neglected Tropical Diseases, BMD Software & University of Aveiro, Portugal, Portugal, 17 days ago
Knowledge discovery in neglected tropical diseasesPhD scholarship in Computer Science (part of a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network)Institution: BMD Software & University o...
Ph D Scholarships Available, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 20 days ago
The Nanyang Technological University, Singapore is inviting applications for PhD Scholarships for a project examining the relationship between psychological, social and health issues with the built...
Ph D Scholarships In Nanomedicine, MQU, Australia, 19 days ago
PhD Scholarships are now available for outstanding domestic and international students is $25,849 to $29,849 per annum tax free for up to three years depending on your experience and academic...
International Ph D Program Biomolecular Technology Of Proteins (Bio To P), BOKU - University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria, 20 days ago
Open PhD student positionsBioToP offers an inter- and multi-disciplinary research-based doctoral education at the interface of basic and applied science in the field of protein biotechnology. ...
Ceibs Summer Pre Mba Boot Camp, CEIBS , China, 25 days ago
The Competition - Deadline 27 May 2015The CEIBS Summer Pre-MBA BootCamp is the ideal program to let “you get your toes wet” before you take the dive. As part of an elite group of participants, you ...
Ph D Position In The Software Lab, Tu Darmstadt, Germany, TU Darmstadt, Department of Computer Science, Software Lab, Germany, 13 days ago
We are looking for students interested in joining the Software Lab as PhD students. The Software Lab conducts research at the intersection of software engineering and programming languages, with a ...