Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Commonwealth Academic Fellowships (Potential Funding Opportunity), Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Funding opportunities at » | Commonwealth Academic Fellowships (Potential Funding Opportunity) Reference Number: R118 Level of Study: Postgraduate Research Regions: International (Non EU) This f...
Cardiff Business School Great Scholarships (Master's Studentship), Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Cardiff University Business School is pleased to announce funding for students from India wishing to enrol on any of the following Postgraduate Taught Degree Programmes: Cardiff University is one ...
Digital Humanities : Fully Funded Ph D Studentship: Text Corpora And Interactive Visualization Of Text Analytics, Swansea University, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Job posted by Swansea University (20/09/2016 16.31) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D In Hydroenvironmental Engineering, Cardiff School Of Engineering (Ph D Studentship), Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Funding opportunities at » Cardiff School of Engineering PhD in Hydroenvironmental Engineering, Cardiff School of Engineering (PhD Studentship) Reference Number: R1080 Duration: 3 years Funding Am...
Ph D Studentship Cellular Senescence And 3 D Chromatin Architecture., University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
The Cancer Research UK Cambridge Institute (CRUK CI) is a joint venture between the Charity, Cancer Research UK, and the University of Cambridge. The Institute has excellent state-of-the-art faci...
Anglo Spanish Society Uk And Spanish Citizens Only (Potential Funding Opportunity), Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
Funding opportunities at » | Anglo-Spanish Society - UK and Spanish Citizens only (Potential Funding Opportunity) Reference Number: P320 Level of Study: Postgraduate Taught Regions: EU (Non UK) ...