Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
3 Three Year Funded Ph D Positions In Cognitive, Social And Affective Neuroscience, , Italy, 14 days ago
Rome, 19 June 2015 Call for Application for Prospective Ph.D. StudentsCode: 16167 - Psychology and Social NeuroscienceResearch curriculum in Cognitive Social and Affective Neurosciences ...
Csfp (Uk): Scholarships To Developed Commonwealth Countries, UK Commonwealth Scholarship Commission, Europe, 19 days ago
Description Commonwealth Scholarships for students from the developed Commonwealth to study in the United Kingdom will be funded by the UK Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). The...
Ph D Position In Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, Saarland University (Germany), Saarland University, Germany, 21 days ago
A 3-year doctoral position is available at Saarland University (Germany), Department of Psychology to work with Dr. Jutta Kray and Dr. Kerstin Unger. The successful candidate will contribute to a r...
Ph D: Multimodal Imaging Of The Heart Muscle Analysis And Visualization To Aided Diagnosis, Laboratoire d'électronique et informatique de l'image (Le2i) UMR CNRS 6306 - Université de Bourgogne, France, 27 days ago
Doctoral School Engineering Science and Microtechnology (SPIM)University of Burgundy (UB) - Electronic and image processing laboratory (Le2i)Thesis proposal in medical imagingDirector: Professor Ta...
Ph D Scholarship In Physics/Materials Science, GNS Science, New Zealand, 26 days ago
PhD Scholarship in Physics/Materials ScienceNanostructured Thermoelectric Materials A PhD scholarship in physics is offered for research into nanostructured compounds for thermoelectric genera...
Ph D Student Position, Institute of Nature Conservation, Polish Academy of Sciences, , Poland, 14 days ago
PhD student position in bird biology and landscape ecology at the Institute of Nature Conservation, Polish Academy of Sciences, Kraków, Poland under the NCN (www.ncn.gov.pl) grant Sonata Bis.R...