Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Two Fully Funded Ph D Positions On Services Computing At Cmu Silicon Valley, Carnegie Mellon University, United States, 18 days ago
Carnegie Mellon University - Silicon Valley campus is pleased to announce two Ph.D students positions under Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) department, to start in January 2016.Advis...
Masters Degree Online, Laureate Online Education, United States, 22 days ago
www.university-liverpool-online.com/online-learning/scholarshipThe University of Liverpool Achievers Scholarship offers talented professionals around the world a unique opportunity to earn a ...
Ph D Position On Sustainable Concrete Recycling Engineered Steel Slags, KU Leuven (University of Leuven), Belgium, 16 days ago
Building Materials and Building Technology Research Division conducts fundamental and applied research on ancient/traditional/novel cementitious binders, sustainable and durable construction materi...
Ph D Position: Long Term Business Models For Multi Carrier Energy System, Manchester Universitiy / VITO NV, United Kingdom,Belgium, 22 days ago
Energy systems are evolving towards a multi-carrier vision whereby different energy vectors such as electricity, gas, heat, and cooling are managed and planned in an integrated way in order to deli...
Master, Ph.D, Post Doc On Intelligent Autonomous Systems, , South Korea, 23 days ago
< Opportunity to Study and Research on Intelligent Autonomous Systems >Design and Control at Kunsan National University in KoreaSmart Autonomous Systems (SAS) laboratory (www.saslab.kr) at Ku...
Commonwealth Scholarships In South Africa Ph D & Masters, Massey University, New Zealand, 28 days ago
Back to results Closing date: 07/09/2015 Level PhD (supported by the David & Elaine Potter Foundation) and Master’s Scholarships available PhD: 2 Master's: 7 Tenable at Cape Peninsula University o...