Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Commonwealth Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia, 26 days ago
About us » Contact us Apply » Scholarships and Fellowships Electronic Application System Award holders » Handbook and forms Development Module Regional Networks » Scotland North West North East No...
Improving Banana Quality Through Supply Chain Management, The University of Tasmania, Australia, 14 days ago
ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Innovative Horticultural Products PhD ScholarshipsImproving banana quality through supply chain managementAbout the Centre The Centre is hoste...
Alumni Scholarship , University College London, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
UCL Graduate Master's Awards Important Information for All Applicants Through the generous donations and funding agreements made by UCL's Alumni and Friends we are able to offer a number of schola...
African Graduate Scholarship , University College London, United Kingdom, 26 days ago
Scholarships and Funding African Graduate Scholarships Co-funded by: CP Charitable Trust International Student House Scholarship The scholarships exist to support African nationals with a high-qua...
Ph D Studentship, Mathematics Or Theoretical Physics, Heriot-Watt University, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
The Maxwell Institute for Mathematical Sciences and the Department of Mathematics at Heriot-Watt University are looking for highly skilled PhD candidates for a prestigious James Watt scholarship at...
Ph D Positions In Electrical And Computer Engineering, University Of Alabama, The University of Alabama, USA, 11 days ago
Several Graduate Research Assistant Positions are available at Laboratory of Ambient and Wearable Systems, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Alabama (http...