Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Commonwealth Ph D Scholarship At The University Of Gibraltar, Massey University, New Zealand, about 3 hours ago
Back to results Closing date: 15/06/2017 The University of Gibraltar is offering a new, fully-funded Commonwealth PhD Scholarship, which is open to citizens of any Commonwealth country other than ...
Parkes East And Central European Ma Scholarship, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
History Location: Avenue Campus Closing Date: Friday 30 June 2017 Reference: 871517F4 The Parkes Institute for the Study of Jewish/non-Jewish Relations The Parkes East and Central European MA Scho...
Fully Funded (Home/Eu) Rate Ph D Studentship: Electron Diffraction Based Nano Metrology (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
Fixed-term: The funds for this post are available for 3.5 years in the first instance. Sponsor: EPSRC Industrial CASE award with NPL Supervisor: Professor Paul Midgley Applications are invited f...
Ph D Studentship The Impact Of The Uk Soft Drinks Industry Levy On The Extent And Nature Of Soft Drinks Marketing In The Uk (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
A PhD studentship is available in the Centre for Diet & Activity Research (CEDAR) at the MRC Epidemiology Unit, University of Cambridge. The studentship will focus on exploring the impact of the p...
Ph D Studentship (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
Applications are invited for a three-year PhD studentship position funded by the Department of Pathology to start from October 2017. Funding will cover the student's stipend at the current Resear...
Ph D Studentship: Optical Based Data Storage For Aerospace, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
Optoelectronics Research Centre Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Thursday 31 August 2017 Reference: 867517EH Optical-based data storage for aerospace The University of Southampton and Park...