Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Ucl Search Engine: Ph D Studentship In Advanced Atomic Force Microscopy Of Dna Minicircles, Ref:1534975, University College London, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
You must be a Home Student to apply for this studentship. To be eligible as a ‘Home applicant’ you must generally have settled status in the UK/EU (i.e. no restrictions on how long you can stay) a...
Studentship Epsrc Ph D Case Studentship With The Uk Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 30 days ago
Developing an understanding of durability relationships between simplified and complex UK nuclear waste glasses A fully funded 3.5 year EPSRC CASE PhD studentship is available immediately to inve...
Climate And Atmospheric Science Scholarships For Uk/Eu Students: Award £6,500., University of Leeds, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Brief Description: The School of Earth and Environment is offering a scholarship worth £6,500, to a UK/EU student of outstanding ability, achievement and potential – undertaking a full-time MRes in...
Fully Funded Nc3 R Full Time Ph D Studentship Speeding Vaccine Development Refining In Vitro Tests To Predict In Vivo Efficacy, Aston University, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
View All Vacancies Life & Health Sciences Contract Type: Fixed Term (3 Years) Basis: Full Time Closing Date: Sunday 13 March 2016 Reference: R160029 Dr Andrew Devitt, Prof. Yvonne Perrie & Prof....
Cancer Research Uk Ph D Studentship, Commencing October 2016, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
We seek to appoint a talented PhD student to a new Cancer Research - UK research programme. The programme is based at the Centre for Cancer Genetic Epidemiology at the Department of Public Health ...
Fully Funded Nc3 R Full Time Ph D Studentship Development Of A Novel Cell Based Bitter Taste Assessment Assay, Aston University, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
View All Vacancies Life & Health Sciences Contract Type: Fixed Term (3 Years) Basis: Full Time Closing Date: Sunday 13 March 2016 Reference: R160030 Dr Afzal Mohammed & Dr Rhein Parri Applicatio...