Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Three Full Time Ph D Students In The Field Of Question Answering On Interlinked Datasets, Bonn University, Germany, 19 days ago
The successful candidates will carry out research towards a PhD on one of the following topics: (1) Effectively and efficiently supporting dataset maintainers in semi-automatically cleaning and enr...
Tehran University Of Medical Sciences, Doctor Of Dental Surgery Program For September 2015, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran, 3 days ago
To all interested applicants for Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) program, 2015 - 2016 academic year:It is our pleasure to inform you that TUMS will accept the most qualified and interested ...
2015 Kgsp Admission Guideline For Graduate School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, South Korea, 12 days ago
We are pleased to inform you of 2015 KGSP(Korean Government Scholarship Program) Guideline for Master's or Doctoral candidates as well as Research Program(newly launched program from 2015) here in ...
Tehran University Of Medical Sciences, Doctor Of Pharmacy Program For September 2015, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran, 3 days ago
To all interested applicants for Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) program, 2015 - 2016 academic year:It is our pleasure to inform you that TUMS will accept the most qualified and interested appl...
Phd Positions In Hydrogeology /Water Resources Management , Water Resources Institute, Netherlands, 3 days ago
Two Phd projects in hydrogeology starting in June 2015 or, supervised by Prof. Howard Anderson and Prof. M.K. Walter at Newly established collaborative Water Resources Institute, Nether...
The Admission Process For 2015 Fall., WMCS lab, Chosun university, Korea, 5 days ago
The admission process for 2015 fall. (The applications are open until May, 2015) ==================================================================Wireless and Mobile Communication System (WMC...