Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
Tu Delft Architecture B&T Ph D Call Info, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 25 days ago
BORDERS&TERRITORIESOpen Invitation for PhD Dissertation Proposalssession #05 Thursday 04 June 2015INTRODUCTIONUnder the auspices of the Graduate School of the Faculty of Architecture and t...
Sir James Dunn Animal Welfare Graduate Scholarship, University of Prince Edward Island, Canada, 18 days ago
The Sir James Dunn Animal Welfare Centre at the Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, is very pleased to announce a new animal welfare graduate scholarship. The Sir James...
Ph D Position: Development Of Small Organic Molecules As Bromodomain Ligands For Cancer Treatment, University of Zurich. Prof. Dr. Cristina Nevado's group, Switzerland, 6 days ago
PhD position OpenSubject AreasOrganic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Drug DesignContactDr. Andrea Unzueemail: firstname.lastname@example.orgSupervisorProf. Dr. Cristina NevadoBromodomains are classified...
Ph D Position At The Institute Of Organic Chemistry, University Of Erlangen Nürnberg, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany, 25 days ago
A PhD position at the Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Erlangen, Germany in the group led by Dr. Konstantin Amsharov is available for a period of 36 months. The rese...
Ph D Scholar Of Department Of Aquaculture Management And Technology, Vidyasager University, India, 28 days ago
PhD Scholar field of fish management, ORGANIC aquaculture.Other activity -Aquatic Ecology, toxicology,marine aquaculture, organic aquaculture,wast water management (RAS),climate change all type of ...
Ph D Studentship Impact Of Urban Production In Food Product Development, Loughborough University - Centre for SMART, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Wolfson School of Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering, Loughborough UniversityApplications are sought for a PhD studentship within the Centre for Sustainable Manufacturing and Recycling Tech...