Since their inception in 1959, some 26,500 individuals have benefited from the award of Commonwealth Scholarships and Fellowships to pursue advanced academic study in other Commonwealth countries. About two thirds of awards have been tenable in the United Kingdom. The vast majority of award holders have returned to make a significant contribution to their home countries, in many cases at the highest level, making the award scheme one of the largest and most prestigious in the world.
For the following categories of award:
- 12-36 months’ support towards completion of either a full-time taught or a doctoral post graduate qualification at an eligible UK institution. These awards are open to those candidates nominated either by the Vice Chancellor/Executive Head of their employing institution or by the appointed agency in their home country
- 12 months’ non-degree study in the United Kingdom on a Split-Site basis to aid the completion of a doctoral degree undertaken at a university in the candidate’s home country
- 6 months’ clinical training in medicine or dentistry (available only to candidates from developing countries). These awards are open to candidates nominated by their Vice Chancellor/ Executive Head or by the appointed agency in the home country
- Student concessionary or other approved airfare to the United Kingdom and return on expiry of the Scholarship (the cost of jour -neys made before final award confirmation will not normally be reimbursed, nor can fares be paid for a Scholar’s dependants)
- Approved tuition and examination fees
- A personal maintenance allowance at the rate of £882 per month (£1091 per month for those studying at institutions in the London Metropolitan area)
- Please note that candidates from developed Commonwealth countries – Australia, the Bahamas, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Cyprus, Malta, New Zealand and Singapore – can only apply for doctoral or split-site study (not Master’s study) and can only apply to study at a UK institution with whom the Commission has a joint funding agreement.
- Please note that candidates from developing Commonwealth countries (i.e. all other countries) can apply to study at doctoral (including splitsite) and Master’s level at UK institutions with which the Commission has a part funding agreement.
- Be Commonwealth citizens, refugees, or British protected persons
- Be permanently resident in a Commonwealth country other than the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man
- Be available to commence their academic studies in the United Kingdom by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2012
- Hold, by October 2012, a first degree of upper second class Honours standard (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master’s degree
Online via Electronic Application System (EAS).
14 Ph D Studentships In Truss (Training In Reducing Uncertainty In Structural Safety) Marie Skłodowska Curie Itn, University College Dublin, Ireland, 26 days ago
TRUSS (Training in Reducing Uncertainty in Structural Safety, 2015-2018, http://trussITN.eu/) is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network funded by the European Union under the Horizon ...
Mechanics Of Living Tissue During Embryo Development: Understanding Biological Observations With A Mechanical Model, Université Grenoble Alpes, France, 10 days ago
Applications are invited for a PhD position to be held at the Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de Physique, Université Grenoble Alpes, in collaboration with the Dept. of Physiology, Development and N...
Ph D Position In Ion Implanted Composites: A New Pathway For Energy Storage, MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology, New Zealand, 5 days ago
Ion implanted composites: a new pathway for energy storage Closing date: 30 April 2015 The MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology is New Zealand’s premier researc...
Ph.D. In Organic Chemistry, University of British Columbia, Canada, 10 days ago
Fully funded Ph.D. positions are available at the University of British Columbia Department of Chemistry (Vancouver, Canada), in the laboratory of Prof. Martin E. Tanner. Research in the Tann...
Fully Funded Ph D Scholarships In Electronic And Control Engineering, Northumbria, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
A fully funded PhD position is available, starting from October 2015 to work on "Secure Precision Time Synchronisation in Heterogeneous Networked Control Systems". More details please seehttp://www...
The Wynne Bonnyman Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
Home ›Funding Database ›Search Results › The Wynne Bonnyman Scholarship Summary One scholarship is to be awarded. The scholarship is valued at £1,000 per annum for each year of study. Description...