University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Ph D Position In The Field Of Paleo Ice Sheet Modelling, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 24 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (13/01/2016 16.06) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Ph D Position In The Field Of Genome Editing, Technische Universität München, Germany, 13 days ago
25.01.2016, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Developmental Genetics (localized at the Helmholtz Zentrum München) offers a PhD position in the field of "Genome Editing". The Chair of Develo...
Ph D Or Pdf Position At Queen's University, Queen's University, Canada, about 1 month ago
PhD or PDF position at Queen's University The Department of Geological Sciences and Geological Engineering is inviting applicants for research positions in InSAR deformation monitoring of railway ...
Ph D Position In Plant Genetics And Molecular Biology, University of Cologne, Germany, about 1 month ago
Job posted by University of Cologne (06/01/2016 17.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Re...
Ph D Student (Kid) The Genetics And Biology Of Hiv 1 Drug Resistant, Collaboration With Stellenbosch University, South Africa, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 2 days ago
The Department of Laboratory Medicine consists of 9 divisions and is active in many areas of Laboratory Medicine. The department is involved in advanced basic scientific, clinical and epidemiologi...
Clinical Ph D Studentship: "Health And Welfare Of Ageing Cats", University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
Studentship start date: June 2016 Eligibility: Since the project will involve undertaking clinical work, candidates must hold a veterinary degree which is registrable with the Royal College of Ve...