University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
University Of St. Gallen Wings Of Excellence Award, University of California, United States, 4 days ago
Deadline 2/1/2015 11:59pm, last time zone Description Take part in the St. Gallen Wings of Excellence Award to qualify for participation as a Leader of Tomorrow in the world’s premier opportunity ...
Integrated Ph D At The Department Of Chemistry And Bioscience, Aalborg University, Denmark, 17 days ago
At the Faculty of Engineering and Science, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience a stipend for an integrated PhD is available within the general study programme Biotechnology, Chemistry and Envir...
Children Of Alumni Scholarship, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Home ›Funding Database ›Search Results › Children of Alumni Scholarship Summary The Children of Alumni Scholarship is available to postgraduate taught applicants from Malaysia, Singapore and the U...
Te Putahi Purehuroa Postgraduate Scholarships, Massey University, New Zealand, 20 days ago
Closing date: to be announced These scholarships were established by Te Putahi a Toi - the School of Maori Art, Knowledge and Education in partnership with the Office of the AVC Maori and Pasifika...
Finnish Government Scholarships, RMIT University, Australia, about 1 month ago
Are you looking for the list of successful applicants 2014-2015 ? The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities or publi...
M Res/Ph D Studentship In Cancer Research Genomic And Functional Characterisation Of High Risk Childhood Brain Tumours, Newcastle University, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Closing Date: 18th February 2015 Details: Value, Duration and Start Date of the Award 4 years integrated MRes/PhD or 4 years PhD if applicant has a suitable Masters Degree approved by Newcastle Un...