University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Parkes East And Central European Ma Scholarship, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
History Location: Avenue Campus Closing Date: Friday 30 June 2017 Reference: 871517F4 The Parkes Institute for the Study of Jewish/non-Jewish Relations The Parkes East and Central European MA Scho...
Ph D Studentship In Economics, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, about 6 hours ago
View All Vacancies School of Economics Location: Guildford Post Type: Full Time Advert Placed: Tuesday 16 May 2017 Closing Date: Wednesday 28 June 2017 Reference: 037717 The School of Economi...
Dream New Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 6 hours ago
Value: Varies - up to NZD$ 12,500(approx. 7,500 €) Tenure of award: “Dream NEW” Scholarships are valued at up to NZD$12,500 (approx. 7,500 €) and will support you to study at one of New Zealand’s ...
Declaration Of Interest 2 Ph D Positions In The Field Of Primary Prevention, Ageing And Exercise In Community Dwelling Older Citizens, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 7 days ago
The Department of Sports Science and Clinical Biomechanics at the University of Southern Denmark (www.sdu.dk/iob ) have an opening for 2 three year PhD-positions in the field of primary prevention...
Ph D Positions For Ad One, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 23 hours ago
23.05.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Research Training Group (RTG) “Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy“ funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) and jointly hosted by the Sch...
Fully Funded Ph D Position In Vision Based Detection Of Human Interactions (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 11 hours ago
Fully funded PhD position in Vision-Based Detection of Human Interactions (1.0 FTE) Functie A fully funded PhD position (0.8-1.0 FTE, 5-4 years) is available at Utrecht University, focusing on the...