University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
3 Ph D Positions In The Field Of Experimental And Theoretical Optical Physics, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany, 19 days ago
Job posted by Friedrich Schiller University Jena (11/07/2016 16.36) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter an...
Ph D Studentship In Human Computer Interaction (Fully Funded For Four Years), Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
PhD Studentship in Human-computer Interaction (fully funded for four years) Department The School of Computing Job Type Full Time Contract Type Fixed Term Job Summary PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIO...
Ph D Studentship, Edinburgh Napier University, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
PhD Studentship Department The School of Life, Sport and Social Sciences Job Type Full Time Contract Type Fixed Term Job Summary PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE RIGHT-HAND SIDE OF THE PAGE...
Ph.D. Studentship: Healthy Sexual Aging: A Mixed Method Study Of Sexual Function And Sexual Well Being In Older European Adults, University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Job posted by Global Academy Jobs (01/07/2016 04.31) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Ph D Position (Wissenschaftliche/R Mitarbeiter/In) In The Area Of Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning, Technische Universität München, Germany, 11 days ago
20.07.2016, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Department of Informatics (https://www.in.tum.de ) at Technische Universität München (TUM) invites applications for PhD/researcher positions at the Data...
Ph D Position In Microbiology/Plant Nutrition, NIBIO - Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research, Norway, 11 days ago
Job posted by NIBIO - Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research (19/07/2016 16.19) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the Eur...