University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Ph D Position In Development Of Novel Electrode Materials For Rechargeable Batteries, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 8 days ago
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy invites applications for up to two PhD positions in the development of novel electrode materials for rechargeable batteries. The position is available...
Ph D Scholarship In Quantum Biology, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 16 days ago
The Quantum Biology and Nanophysics Group and the Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy at the University of Southern Denmark in Odense invite applications for a PhD position. We expect th...
Ph D Position In Neurobiology Molecular Biology And Quantitative Proteome Analysis, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 16 days ago
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the University of Southern Denmark is announcing a PhD position in the field of neurobiology/molecular biology and quantitative proteome ana...
Open Positions: International Ph D Programme In Molecular Medicine, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association, Germany, 21 days ago
Job posted by Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine (08/05/2015 15.17) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Ch...
Ph D Position In The Field Of Drug Transporters In Adme And Renal Cell Culture Models, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 6 days ago
The Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy at the University of Southern Denmark is announcing a PhD position in the field of Drug transporters in ADME and renal cell culture models. The s...
Ph D Positions: International Doctoral Program In Culture Studies (Lisbon, Copenhagen, Giessen), Universidade Católica Portuguesa, Portugal, 22 days ago
Job posted by Universidade Católica Portuguesa (07/05/2015 15.19) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and ...