University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Ph D Student Positions, Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brains Sciences, Germany, 28 days ago
Job posted by Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brains Sciences (29/09/2016 09.37) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementi...
Study Scholarship, University of California, United States, 27 days ago
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a yearlong scholarship for grad students and master's grads to do a master's program in Germany or study there. Study Scholarships for Fine Arts, Arc...
Pd Eng Position On Optimum Node Placement And Hands Off Heat Map Measurement, Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e), Netherlands, 2 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (25/10/2016 01.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Pd Eng Position On Optimum Node Placement And Hands Off Heat Map Measurement, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 4 days ago
Position Post-master Design Engineer (PDEng trainee) Departments Department of Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.2730 Job description Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) has a vaca...
Ph D Studentship In The Epidemiology Of The Treatment Of Hypertension In People With Dementia, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
ReferenceMED1395Closing DateMonday, 31st October 2016DepartmentEpidemiology & Public Health Applications are invited for a 3 year, full time studentship starting in January 2017, funded by the Alz...
Ph D Position In Signal Transduction During Reproductive Plant Development, Technische Universität München, Germany, 17 days ago
11.10.2016, Wissenschaftliches Personal A Ph.D. position in molecular plant developmental biology is available in the lab of Prof. Kay Schneitz, Dept. of Plant Developmental Biology, Technical Uni...