University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
John Monash Scholarship, RMIT University, Australia, 8 days ago
Warning : Class __PHP_Incomplete_Class has no unserializer in /home/content/p3pnexwpnas09_data02/37/2584137/html/wp-content/object-cache.php on line 1905 Warning : Class __PHP_Incomplete_Class h...
Ph D Position, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 16 hours ago
20.01.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Research Training Group (RTG) “Advanced Optimization in a Networked Economy“ funded by the German Science Foundation (DFG) and jointly hosted by the Sch...
] Ph D Student Position Theoretical Physics , , United States, 16 days ago
Laboratory of Theoretical Physics of Ecole Normale Supérieure (www.lpt.ens.fr ) invites applications for a PhD student position to begin in the 2017-2018 academic year. The successful applicant wi...
Boren Fellowships Uw Graduate School Funding, University of Washington, United States, 24 days ago
Description: David L. Boren Graduate Fellowships, an initiative of the National Security Education Program, provide unique funding opportunities for U.S. graduate students to study less commonly t...
Mathematics Ph D Teaching Assistantships And Studentships At University College London , University College London, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
UCL Department / Division Mathematics Duration of Studentship 4 years Stipend £16,785 per annum Vacancy Information Applications are invited for PhD funding opportunities in the UCL Department of ...
Academic Position For Movement Disorders Neurologist In The Division Of Neurology, University of Alberta, Canada, about 1 month ago
The University of Alberta, Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry, Department of Medicine, Division of Neurology invites applications for an academic Movement Disorders Neurologist to be based at the Uni...