University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Faculty Internship Ph D Scholarships (Kbu Stipendier), Fall 2015, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 28 days ago
Faculty Internship PhD scholarships (KBU-stipendier), fall 2015 A small number max 2 positions in the form of salaried Internship PhD scholarships are available. The PhD project must commence on 1...
Ph D Position In Security Of Supply And Resilience, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland, 14 days ago
The Singapore-ETH Centre (SEC) was established in Singapore in 2010 as a joint initiative between ETH Zurich and Singapore’s National Research Foundation (NRF), as part of the NRF’s CREATE campus....
Ph D Student, Ghent University, Netherlands, 18 days ago
Job description THE HENRI PIRENNE INSTITUTE FOR MEDIEVAL STUDIES AT GHENT UNIVERSITY (BELGIUM) HAS A POSITION AVAILABLE FOR: A PhD RESEARCHER (FULL-TIME PREDOCTORAL RESEARCHER) Project description...
Ph D Position In Security Of Supply And Resilience, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 13 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (23/07/2015 16.07) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Five Ph D Positions In The Dutch Research Consortium 'language In Interaction' 1,0 Fte, Radboud University, Netherlands, 27 days ago
At Radboud University, we do research and teach programmes covering the full width of the academic spectrum. We do this on a green, modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities. The atmosphere o...
Ph D Fellow In Submillimeter Astronomy, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 28 days ago
PhD fellow in Submillimeter Astronomy Niels Bohr Institute and Centre for Star and Planet Formation Faculty of Science University of Copenhagen The Niels Bohr Institute, Faculty of Science at Univ...