University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Ph D In Crystallization Of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
Application, salary and conditions of employment etc. The PhD Fellowship is either a 3-year position (5+3) or a 4-year position (4+4- programme). A 4+4 PhD fellowship programme is divided into a 2...
Ph D Studentship Compositional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Of Joint Tissues, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
A three year PhD studentship, funded by GSK, is available in the University of Cambridge Department of Radiology. The Department of Radiology is an internationally competitive department undertaki...
Ph D Position For Planning And Verifying Maneuvers Of Automated Vehicles, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 19 hours ago
23.03.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Research Group “Cyber-Physical Systems” of Prof. Matthias Althoff at the Technische Universität München offers a PhD position within the EU project inte...
Ph D Expression Of Interest – Centre For Exercise And Healthy Brain Ageing, The University of Queensland, Australia, 17 days ago
Apply now Job no:500321 Area:Queensland Brain Institute Salary (FTE):APA Scholarship NON-BANDED ($26,682.00 - $26,682.00) Work type:Full Time - Scholarship Location: St Lucia, Brisbane Queensland ...
Rosetrees Trust Ph D: Neonatal Neurogenetic Biomarkers Of Dyslexia Risk, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, about 17 hours ago
Applications are invited for a 3-year Rosetrees PhD studentship on neonatal neural and genetic biomarkers of dyslexia risk. The studentship will start in October 2017 at the Department of Psycholo...
Esrc Case Studentship: University Of Manchester/National Trust, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
Type of award Studentship Principal investigator Dr Ana Carden-Coyne Managing department School of Arts, Languages and Cultures Value The ESRC CASE studentship and the support from the University ...