University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Ph D In Effect Of Molecular Crowding On Cellular Metabolism, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 29 days ago
A three-year position as PhD student is available from 1 January 2015 or soon thereafter in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular, University of Southern Denmark (SDU) to work on the effect...
Ph D Scholarships In Economics, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 19 days ago
Applications are invited for one or more PhD scholarships at the Department of Business and Economics, to be filled from February 2014 or soon thereafter. The place of work will be in Odense. Job ...
Ph D In Echolocation In Bats: Understanding Multiagent Behaviour Of Navigating Groups, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 10 days ago
Bats use echolocation or bio-sonar to orient and find prey in the dark. They emit short high frequency sound pulses and listen for the echoes reflected from surroundings to orient in space. The so...
Ph D Position, The International Max Planck Research School on Neuroscience of Communication, Germany, 11 days ago
Job posted by The International Max Planck Research School on Neuroscience of Communication (09/12/2014 10.51) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions ac...
Ph D Student Hepatitis C Virus, University of Giessen, Germany, 16 days ago
Job posted by University of Giessen (04/12/2014 15.59) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Re...
Two Ph D Student Positions, Stockholm University, Sweden, 5 days ago
Two PhD student positions at the Department of Social Anthropology, Reference number. SU FV-3738-14. Application deadline: February 18, 2015. The Department of Social Anthropology , Stockholm Univ...