University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Two Ph D Positions In Library And Information Science, Uppsala University, Netherlands, 19 days ago
Uppsala University is an international research university focused on the development of science and education. Our most important assets are all the individuals who with their curiosity and their...
3 + 5 Ph D Study Programme, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 16 hours ago
PhD scholarship Center for Basic and Translational Neuroscience is offering a PhD scholarship with integrated MSc under the 3+5 PhD study programme commencing 1 September or soon thereafter. The p...
Ph D Studentship – Ph D In Cancer Immunogenetics, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Biological Sciences Research Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Friday 22 May 2015 Interview Date: Reference: 554215BJ PhD Studentship –PhD in cancer immunogenetics PhD Supervisor: Dr Hannah...
Ph D Position “Analysis Of Agricultural Policies In The Russian Federation”, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies, Germany, 23 days ago
Job posted by Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (10/04/2015 09.54) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively i...
Graduate Pathways Scholarship School Of Government, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award These scholarships have been established by the Victoria Univer...
Australia Day Foundation Uk Trust :Study Grant, Flinders University, Australia, 14 days ago
Opening Date: 06-04-2015 Closing Date: 30-04-2015 DESCRIPTION The Australia Day Foundation UK Trust’s objectives are to promote the education, including the social and physical training, of young ...