University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Ph D Position: Investigations Of Biochemical Mechanism For Natural Gas Upgrading By Methanogenic Archaea Consuming Electrons From Electrodes, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 22 days ago
We are looking for a microbiology PhD candidate who will study the biochemical mechanisms of direct electron uptake in methanogenic Archaea growing on electrodes. The PhD fellow will investigate t...
Zhejiang Sister Province Scholarships, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 1 day ago
History or background of award Zhejiang Sister Province Scholarships (ZSPS) offer opportunities for New Zealand students to study in Zhejiang Province, China. In June 2015, five students will be ...
Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme China, Grant Finder, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Students must meet the following basic criteria to apply for the OTS programme: . candidates must be citizens of mainland China and be resident in mainland China; . candidates must obtain a diplom...
Zhejiang Sister Province Scholarships, Massey University, New Zealand, 3 days ago
Closing date: 31/05/2015 Zhejiang Sister Province Scholarships (ZSPS) offer opportunities for New Zealand students to study in Zhejiang Province, China. In June 2015, five students will be offered...
Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme Brazil – University Of Twente, Grant Finder, Netherlands, 12 days ago
Target Group Master's degree Purpose Study Field of Study Other, Business administration and management, Engineering, Communication Countries Brazil Description of scholarship Nuffic Neso Brazil m...
Orange Tulip Scholarship Russia – University Of Amsterdam , Grant Finder, Netherlands, 11 days ago
Bachelor's degree from a research university IELTS 6,5/ TOEFL iBT; Cambridge International Examinations A (FCE), B (CAE), B (CPE) GMAT (required for Accountacy & Control and Business Administratio...