University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Graduate Teaching Assistant/Ph D Studentships (Law & Criminology), Edge Hill University, United Kingdom, about 10 hours ago
View All Vacancies Law & Criminology Location: Ormskirk Salary: £8,300 per annum plus benefits package Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: Wednesday 22 February 2017 Interview Date: To be confir...
Ph D Studentship (4 Years) : Increasing The Self Awareness Of Models@Run.Time Systems, Aston University, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
View All Vacancies Engineering and Applied Science - Studentships Contract Type: Fixed Term Basis: Full Time Closing Date: Sunday 30 April 2017 Reference: R170056 Applications are invited to app...
Ph D Studentship (4 Years) : Novel Paradigms For The Analysis And Classification Of Non Vectorial Data, Aston University, United Kingdom, about 7 hours ago
View All Vacancies Engineering and Applied Science - Studentships Contract Type: Fixed Term Basis: Full Time Closing Date: Sunday 30 April 2017 Reference: R170058 Applications are invited to app...
≫ Knight Hennessy Scholarship, State University of New York, United States, about 15 hours ago
Home > Awards > Administered Awards > Awards for Graduate Study > Knight-Hennessy Scholarship Each year the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program will identify a group of 100 high-achieving student...
Ph D Position In Project Floodlabel: A Smart Tool For Governance Towards Flood Resilient Cities (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 4 days ago
PhD position in project FLOODLABEL: A smart tool for governance towards flood-resilient cities (1,0 FTE) Functie Flooding is among the most expensive natural disasters in Europe. Extreme hydro-met...
Graduate Teaching Assistant/Ph D Studentships (English), Edge Hill University, United Kingdom, about 10 hours ago
View All Vacancies English, History & Creative Writing Location: Ormskirk Salary: £8,300 per annum plus benefits package Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: Wednesday 22 February 2017 Interview ...