University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Ph D Scholarship In Tourist Behaviour, UIS - Universitetet i Stavanger, Norway, 30 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (31/03/2016 11.21) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Ph D Studentship On Media Representations Of Higher Education Students, University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
View All Vacancies School of Social Sciences Location: Guildford Salary: £14,057 per annum Fixed Term for 3 years from September 2016 Post Type: Full Time Closing Date: Friday 27 May 2016 Inter...
Victoria Master's [By Thesis] Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 27 days ago
Scholarship detail Victoria Master's [by thesis] Scholarship Value: $15,000 plus domestic tuition fees. Tenure of award: One year. Closing dates for applications: 01 November 2016 01 November 2017...
Ph D Studentship: Drag Reduction Induced By Flexible Filaments In Fluid Flow, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
ReferenceENG982Closing DateMonday, 11th July 2016DepartmentMechanical Materials & Manuf Eng Project Description We are seeking applications from highly motivated, enthusiastic candidates for a ful...
4 Year Phd Studentship, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
ReferenceARTS90Closing DateMonday, 30th May 2016DepartmentHistory Modern Russian Social/Economic History Department of History/ESRC Doctoral Training Centre, University of Nottingham Applications ...
Ph D Studentship: Identification Of A Novel Autophagy Pathway: Pupsmd‑14 Int 15 16, Plymouth University, United Kingdom, 24 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (06/04/2016 15.26) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...