University of Bern Switzerland - Grant for Masters Studies
The University of Bern offers six Excellence Grants for international students who wish to do a Master's
programme beginning in the European Autumn Semester 2011/2012.
The grant consists of 1600 CHF per month for the duration of the Master's programme.
For further information (study programmes, major, minor, etc.) about the Master's programmes offered at
the university, please contact the concerned Department directly (for more information visit the website:http://www.int.unibe.ch/content/incoming/master_grant/index_eng.html) . The grant is available for all Master’s programmes of the University of Bern except for “Biomedical Sciences”.
Application files will be examined by a selection committee. Criteria for selection are academic
excellence and the candidate's potential and motivation.
* Applicants must have graduated at the latest by end of July 2011 with at least a Bachelor's degree in
the proposed field of study
* The previous Bachelor's or Master's degree must be from a non-Swiss university
* The applicants permanent place of residence up to now must be outside of Switzerland
The applicant's file must include the following in duplicate:
* Application form (Download here)
* Curriculum vitae (max. 5000 characters without blanks)
* Letter of motivation with objectives
* 2 letters of recommendation from professors of your current home university (with institutional letter
paper and signature)
* Evidence of sufficient language proficiency in German or English according to the language of
instruction of the intended Master’s programme (German: C1; English: B2) (See: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/europass/home/hornav/Downloads/CEF/LanguageSelfAssessmentGrid.csp?loc=en_GB)
* Original certified copies of Bachelor Diploma and Transcript of grades obtained during Bachelor 's
studies or recent confirmation (max. 3 months old) by the home university that the Bachelor's degree (in
the same study field as the intended Master's programme) will be completed by the end of July 2011
(with list of grades obtained up to now) For certification directives click here
* Record of school-leaving examination (i.e. university entrance qualification)
* 2 passport photos
* Copy of passport
The application must be written in the language of the corresponding Master's course.
Applicant's files have to be submitted in duplicate (two paper copies) before December 10, 2010 to:
Universität Bern, International Office, Hochschulstrasse 4, CH-3012 Bern
* Incomplete application files will not be considered!
* In 2011/12 the grant will be given to six new Master's students. The University receives many more
applications than are grants available, and will not be able to explain refusals.
* Fulfilling the above pre-conditions does not create an automatic right to a grant.
* Documents will not be returned.
* This application will not be considered as an application to a Master’s programme as regular student
Amélie Merkel de Gurtubay
Phone: +41 (0)31 631 34 95
Ph D Studentship: University Of Liverpool Management School, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 7 days ago
Funding is available for a 3 year (+3) PhD This studentship will be awarded across the School, providing full fees (only at Home/EU rate) and a stipend of £14,210 a year for up to three years. It ...
Ph D Studentship Opportunity, University of East Anglia, Norwich, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Marie Sklodowska-Curie Early Stage Researcher position (ESR3) on the DCOMM ETN Project Title: Spatial language and joint attention in child development Host Institution: University of East Anglia ...
Ph D Candidate In Musicology (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 15 days ago
PhD Candidate in Musicology (1.0 FTE) Functie You will work within the transnational project "Sound Memories: The Musical Past in Late-Medieval and Early-Modern Europe" (SoundMe) funded by the HER...
Ph D Studentship In The Epidemiology Of The Treatment Of Hypertension In People With Dementia, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
ReferenceMED1389Closing DateFriday, 10th June 2016DepartmentEpidemiology & Public Health Applications are invited for a 3 year, full time studentship starting in October 2016, funded by the Alzhei...
Ph D Studentship: Involving Community Pharmacists In The Provision Of Palliative Care Medicine Services, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
ReferenceMED1388Closing DateMonday, 13th June 2016DepartmentHealth Sciences Applications are invited for a full-time 3-year PhD studentship, funded by the School of Health Sciences in the Faculty ...
Epsrc Case Ph D Studentship: Multivariate Time Series Analysis (Fixed Term), University of Cambridge, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
We invite applications for an EPSRC CASE PhD studentship in Multivariate Time Series Analysis at the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics. This studentship is offered in col...