Spaces Scholarships For Postgraduate Studies In Germany
SPACES Scholarships for Postgraduate Studies in Germany
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is offering scholarships for the SPACES (Sciences Partnership for the Assessment of Complex Earth Systems Processes) programme. The SPACES programme was developed by researchers from the University of Hamburg, the Leibnitz Centre for Tropical Marine Ecology Bremen and the German Research Centre for Geosciences Potsdam, together with partners in South Africa, Namibia and Angola.
The project is financed by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). Corporate research projects will develop science-based recommendations for Earth System Management in the fields of “Ocean and Coast”, “Biosphere” and “Geo-sphere”. The programme aims to acquaint young scientists from South Africa, Namibia and Angola with the SPACES research projects at an early stage. Therefore, the scholarship programme offers the opportunity to excellent postgraduates from the above mentioned countries to study in selected M.Sc. courses at German universities, after having completed a four-month German language course.
Courses offered in Germany include:
- International Studies in Aquatic Tropical Ecology, Bremen
- Master of Science – Marine Geosciences, Bremen
- Environmental Management, Kiel
- Landscape Ecology and Nature Conservation, Greifswald
- Geodesy and Geoinformation Science, Berlin
- Environmental and Resource Management, Cottbus
Grants for Masters students can be awarded for up to 24 months. The grant includes:
- home country dependent lump-rate travel allowance,
- monthly grant payment of 750,- EUR,
- annual study and research subsidy of 460,- EUR,
- health insurance, accident and personal liability costs in Germany
- Four month German language course (in Germany).
- Where applicable, family-dependent allowances or benefits may also be paid.
Applications are open to persons from South Africa, Namibia and Angola, who hold a Bachelors degree or an equivalent academic degree in Natural Sciences or in Engineering. No more than two years should have passed since graduating with this degree.
For more details on the course offering and the application process, click here
28 February 2011
View or Apply
Technische Universität München - Germany21.05.2013, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Geomorphology and Soil Science (Extraordinariat für Geomorphologie und Bodenkunde, Prof. Dr. Jörg Völkel) is offering a PhD position (3 years, starting