The Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (Sipga)
The Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA)
Application deadlines: There are four application deadlines. The nomination closing dates are 1 February, 1 May, 1 August and 1 November every year.
The Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR) is Singapore’s leading government agency dedicated to fostering world-class scientific research and talent for a vibrant knowledge-based economy. A*STAR actively nurtures public sector research and development in Biomedical Sciences, and Physical Sciences & Engineering, and spurs growth in Singapore's key economic clusters by providing human, intellectual and industrial capital to their partners in industry and the healthcare sector. A*STAR currently oversees 14 research institutes and seven consortia & centres; and supports extramural research with the universities, hospital research centres, and other local and international partners.
The Singapore International Pre-Graduate Award (SIPGA) supports short-term research attachments for international students at A*STAR. It provides a unique opportunity for top overseas students to experience the vibrant scientific environment in A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia. Students will be able to work with distinguished and world-renowned researchers in A*STAR labs. This award will normally be for students in the advanced Bachelors, Honours or Masters level programme.
Open to international students in science and engineering related disciplines who are :
- Undergraduate students in their third or fourth year (Honours); or
- Master students.
- Monthly stipend of $1,500 (up to a maximum of 6 months)
- Airfare, accommodation, bench fees and other additional allowance will not be provided.
- Research attachment periods may vary from 2 to 6 months.
- SIPGA applications are invited through nominations by A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia only.
- Interested students are to contact A*STAR Research Institutes and Consortia directly for attachment opportunities.
Email A*GA Scholarship Officer, Joanna Ng on email@example.com or contact her at (+65) 6826 6234
More information is available on the SIPGA website www.a-star.edu.sg/sipga
View or Apply