The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Babraham University, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
An opportunity is available for an experienced and highly motivated postdoctoral scientist to contribute to an on-going project investigating the epigenetic regulation of human embryonic stem cell...
Research Fellow, University of Michigan, United States, 26 days ago
Job Detail RESEARCH FELLOW Job Summary Seeking an experienced postdoctoral research fellow who is energetic, enthusiastic, and enjoys collaborative and independent science. The focus of the lab is...
Post Doctoral Position In Stem Cells And Epigenetics At University Of Michigan, University of Michigan, United States, 19 days ago
Job posted by Science Careers (16/07/2015 00.15) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Research Fellow, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 25 days ago
ReferenceSCI193315Closing DateMonday, 10th August 2015Job TypeResearch & TeachingDepartmentBiological SciencesSalary£25513 to £37394 per annum, depending on skills and experience (minimum £28,695 ...
Research Fellow (Dm)/ Imcb, A*STAR, Singapore, 21 days ago
The Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB) was launched on 23 January 1985, with its official opening ceremony held on 2 October 1987 at the National University of Singapore (NUS). It subs...
Research Fellow, University of Michigan, United States, 14 days ago
Job Detail RESEARCH FELLOW How to Apply Please email your application to Dr. Lei Lei (email@example.com ). An application should include a one-page cover letter outlining the skills and research...