The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Academic Affairs/Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 20 days ago
Dr. Dhruv Sareen’s independent research laboratory at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Regenerative Medicine Institute focuses on using human iPSC technology to understand the molecular mechanisms...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant In Mesenchymal Stem Cell Epigenetics, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive Postdoctoral Research Assistant in Mesenchymal Stem Cell Epigenetics to join Professor Udo Oppermann in the Nuffield Department of Orthopaedics, Rhe...
Postdoctoral Studies In Epigenetic Regulation Of Hematopoiesis And Leukemia (Scholarship), Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 19 days ago
Postdoctoral studies in epigenetic regulation of hematopoiesis and leukemia (scholarship) Institutionen för biovetenskaper och näringslära bedriver forskning och utbildning inom medicinsk vetenska...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Skeletal And Cardiac Muscle Differentiation Of Pluripotent Stem Cells, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 15 days ago
Post-doctoral fellow in skeletal and cardiac muscle differentiation of pluripotent stem cells (Ref. BAP-2015-139) Occupation : Full-time Period : Fixed-term contract extendable Place : Leuven Appl...
Post Doctoral Fellow, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, 14 days ago
A Post-doctoral Fellow position is available in Dr. Danny Leung's laboratory, for a research which utilizes a blend of epigenomic and cell biology tools to dissect how non-coding sequences are epi...
Postdoctoral Fellow Department Of Genetics And Genome Sciences, Posted 05/11/15, Case Western Reserve University, United States, 18 days ago
Postdoctoral Fellow - Department of Genetics and Genome Sciences, posted 05/11/15 The Li lab at the Department of Genetics and Genome Sciences has an opening for a postdoc fellow in stem cell biol...