The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Three Post Doctoral Researcher Positions In Epigenetic And Transcriptional States Of Oligodendrocyte Lineage Cells (Rna Biology, Chromatin Biochemistry And Computational Biology), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 28 days ago
Description of research group and project Applications are invited for up to three post-doctoral fellow positions in Gonçalo Castelo-Branco´s group, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden. Our r...
Post Doctoral Research Associate Biomedical Sciences (Job Id #67938), University of Illinois, United States, 13 days ago
Post Doctoral Research Associate - Biomedical Sciences (Job ID #67938) College of Medicine at Rockford 09/30/2016 Description: The Department of Biomedical Sciences at the University of Illinois C...
Research Fellow (Epithelial Epigenetics & Development Lab) / Imb, A*STAR, Singapore, 28 days ago
The Institute of Medical Biology (IMB) is one of the Biomedical Sciences Institutes of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). It was formed in 2007, with a mission to study mech...
Postdoctoral Scholar , Pennsylvania State University, United States, 22 days ago
Description The lab of Dr. Gong Chen in the Department of Biology at The Pennsylvania State University has postdoctoral scholar positions available. The Chen lab is currently developing novel ther...
Postdoctoral Research Fellows, The University of Queensland, Australia, 15 days ago
Apply now Job no:499243 Area:Aust Institute for Bioengineering & Nanotechnology Salary (FTE):Advertised at multiple classifications Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Lucia, Brisbane Th...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Genome Editing For Analysis Of Inflammasome Signaling, Ghent University, Netherlands, about 12 hours ago
Job description A postdoctoral opening in genome editing for the analysis of inflammasome signaling is available in the Lamkanfi lab. The environment of the VIB Inflammation Research Center (IRC) ...