The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Babraham University, United Kingdom, about 13 hours ago
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Scientist to join Wolf Reik’s team within the Epigenetics Programme to undertake a research project to investigate the role of DNA modifications in contr...
Postdoctoral Position In Epithelial Stem Cell Biology (Scholarship), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 9 days ago
The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) is a department with a strong focus on basic science. CMB conducts research and education in cell biology, molecular biology, developmental biolo...
Post Doctoral Associate, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, about 11 hours ago
Postdoc openings are available in the Song Lab in the Department of Orthopedics, University of Massachusetts Medical School (faculty page: https://profiles.umassmed.edu/display/133591 ) for projec...
Postdoc For Transcriptional Networks In Mouse Pluripotent Embryonic Stem Cells 0.8 1.0 Fte, Radboud University, Netherlands, about 22 hours ago
At Radboud University, we do research and teach programmes covering the full width of the academic spectrum. We do this on a green, modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities. The atmosphere o...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 25 days ago
Apply now Job no:500283 Area:Aust Institute for Bioengineering & Nanotechnology Salary (FTE):Academic Research Level A1 ($64,533.50 - $87,535.13) Work type:Full Time - Fixed Term Location: St Luci...
Postdoc Positions In Proteomics, Epigenetics And Cell Signaling, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 18 hours ago
Postdoc positions in Proteomics, Epigenetics and Cell Signaling Two postdoctoral positions are available at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR – www.cpr.ku.dk), Universit...