The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Academic Affairs/Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 4 days ago
The Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) Core Facility uses the latest techniques to reprogram, expand and characterize human iPS cells from human skin or blood tissues of healthy subjects and dis...
Postdocs In Single Cell Computational Genomics, Epigenomics And Transcriptomics, University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG), Netherlands, 8 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (18/08/2016 03.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Postdoctoral Studies (Scholarship) In Tumor Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 16 days ago
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology (MTC) at Karolinska Institutet conducts research and teaching in immunology, infection biology, cell biology and cancer. MTC has about 430 active...
Research Fellow (Dr Tee Wee Wei`s Lab), A*STAR, Singapore, 8 days ago
The Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB) was launched on 23 January 1985, with its official opening ceremony held on 2 October 1987 at the National University of Singapore (NUS). It sub...
Postdoctoral Studies (Scholarship) In Tumor Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 29 days ago
Job posted by Karolinska Institutet via MyNetwork (29/07/2016 00.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter a...
Post Doctoral Associate, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, 7 days ago
Postdoctoral Position in Epigenetics, the Cell Cycle and Hematopoiesis at the University of Massachusetts Medical School A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Merav Socolov...