The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Research Fellow (Glycotherapeutics Group), A*STAR, Singapore, 15 days ago
This group / project focuses on the application of advanced glycotherapeutics for the treatment of bone and joint injury. An experienced bone biologist is required to help lead the translational d...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Cell Biology, Uppsala University, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Uppsala University is an international research university focused on the development of science and education. Our most important assets are all the individuals who with their curiosity and their...
Post Doctoral, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 21 days ago
Summary of Essential Job Duties: Dr. Dhruv Sareen’s independent research laboratory at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Regenerative Medicine Institute focuses on human iPSC technology to understa...
Postdoctoral Position In Epigenome Bioinformatics, University of Turku, Finland, 30 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (24/09/2014 16.15) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Postdoctoral Fellow, City of Hope, United States, about 23 hours ago
Requisition ID: 4250 Job Title: Postdoctoral Fellow - Radiation Biology and Cancer Position Summary and Key Responsibilities: A postdoctoral fellow position is available to study the epigenetic ...
Post Doctoral Scientist, George Washington University, United States, 17 days ago
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION Job Location Ambulatory Care Center - 2150 Pennsylvania Ave NW - FB0006 Campus Location: Foggy Bottom Division/Vice President: Provost and Executive Vice President for Ac...