The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Post Doc Fellow In Stem Cell Biology, Indiana University, United States, 8 days ago
Position Search >> Position Details Department NameOtolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery Center NameStark Neurosciences Research Institute Position TitlePost-Doc Fellow in Stem Cell Biology PIDr. Eri...
Postdoctoral Fellow, National Institutes of Health, United States, 29 days ago
Position Description: The successful candidate will use in vitro cell culture, in vivo tumor transplantation assay and genetic engineer mouse model to study the roles of p53-regulated genes in emb...
Visiting Research Specialist Pharmacology (Job Id #70346), University of Illinois, United States, 4 days ago
This position is for research in the area of signal transduction involving cell biology, molecular biology and biochemistry techniques. Current emphasis of the laboratory is on the biology of the ...
Research Fellow, University of Michigan, United States, 15 days ago
Job Detail RESEARCH FELLOW Job Summary We are seeking an experienced postdoctoral research fellow who is energetic, enthusiastic, and enjoys collaborative and independent science. The focus of the...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Genomic Regulation, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 7 days ago
The Department of Biosciences and Nutrition performs research and education in areas of medical science including bioorganic chemistry, molecular endocrinology, cancer biology, functional genomics...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist(S), Columbia University, United States, 22 days ago
Requisition Number: 0007060 Field(s) of Specialization: Biology, Pharmacology Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scientist(s) Department: 7565- PHA Pharmacology Department Number: 7565 Location...