The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Post Doc In Epigenetics And Stem Cell Biology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 13 days ago
Post - doc in epigenetics and stem cell biology (Ref. BAP-2015-410) Occupation : Full-time Period : Fixed-term contract Place : Leuven Apply no later than : October 15, 2015 For the Research grou...
Post Doc In Epigenetics And Stem Cell Biology, KU Leuven, Belgium, 13 days ago
Job posted by KU Leuven (21/08/2015 01.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. M...
Postdoctoral Training Fellow , Ref:1488158, University of London, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
We seek a motivated and independent Postdoctoral Training Fellow, funded by Breast Cancer Now Charity, to play a key role in facilitating the wet-lab research of the Systems and Precision Cancer M...
Postdoctoral Scientist, George Washington University, United States, 10 days ago
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION Job Location Ross Hall - 2300 I Street NW - FB0035 Campus Location: Foggy Bottom Division/Vice President: Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs (AA) C...
Senior Research Fellow (Lcq)/ Imcb, A*STAR, Singapore, 21 days ago
The Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB) was launched on 23 January 1985, with its official opening ceremony held on 2 October 1987 at the National University of Singapore (NUS). It subs...
Research Fellow (Dr Ciaran Forde’s Lab), A*STAR, Singapore, 27 days ago
Established in 2007, the Singapore Institute for Clinical Sciences (SICS) is a research institute within the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), and its mission is to develop cli...