The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, about 8 hours ago
Requisition Number: 0007678 Field(s) of Specialization: Cardiology Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scientist Department: 7518- MED Medicine Department Number: 7518 Location: Medical Center S...
Research Fellow, Yeshiva University, United States, 2 days ago
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time facult...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Epithelial Stem Cell Biology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 19 days ago
The Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB) is a department with a strong focus on basic science. CMB conducts research and education in cell biology, molecular biology, developmental biolo...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant In Molecular Mechanisms Of T Cell Activation And Differentiation, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
Professor Oreste Acuto is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiast, dynamic and highly motivated scientist with very good knowledge in cellular signalling, T cell activation mechanism and imm...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In 3 D Genome Organization, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 24 days ago
Department of Microbiology, Tumor and Cell Biology (MTC) at Karolinska Institutet conducts research and teaching in immunology, infection biology, cell biology and cancer. MTC has about 430 active...
Postdoctoral Fellow Soranzo Faculty, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, United Kingdom, 2 days ago
Salary £31,115 to £39,004 plus excellent benefits. Three years fixed term. We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated post-doctoral research fellow in functional genomics for the Soranzo team (h...