The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Post Doctoral Associate, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, 12 days ago
A Postdoctoral position is available in the Trivedi lab to study roles of novel chromatin and epigenetic modifications during cardiac development and disease (JBC. 2015 Nov 6;290(45):27067-89, Hum...
Post Doctoral Associate, University of Massachusetts Medical School, United States, 4 days ago
A postdoctoral position is immediately available in the laboratory of Dr. Fen-Biao Gao at the University of Massachusetts Medical School to study molecular pathogenic mechanisms of fronototemporal...
Research Fellow (Epithelial Stem Cells) / Imb, A*STAR, Singapore, 10 days ago
The Institute of Medical Biology (IMB) is one of the Biomedical Sciences Institutes of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). It was formed in 2007, with a mission to study mech...
Instructor Pharmacology (Job Id #72974), University of Illinois, United States, 19 days ago
Collaborate with the Principal Investigator on sponsored projects. Perform research with molecular cloning and site-directed mutagenesis, protein purification, chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)...
Post Doctoral Fellow (Trainee), Northwestern University, United States, 25 days ago
Job Summary: The Chakravarti laboratory at the Ob/Gyn and Pharmacology departments and Northwestern University Comprehensive Cancer Center is looking for highly talented, motivated, productive, an...
Postdoctoral Fellow Single Cell Rna Seq Of Cell Models, Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, United Kingdom, 4 days ago
Salary £31,115 to £39,004pa plus excellent benefits. Two year fixed-term position A postdoctoral position is available at the Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute (WTSI) under the leadership of Dr Mart...