The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Postdoctoral Scholar, Pennsylvania State University, United States, about 24 hours ago
Description The laboratory of Dr. Chris Yengo in the Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology at the Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey, Pennsylvania has a postdoctoral position avai...
Research Specialist Pharmacology (Job Id #81279), University of Illinois, United States, 15 days ago
Purification of lentiviruses, retroviruses and adenoviruses, dissecting function of Src family protein tyrosine kinases and tyrosine phosphatases Shp2 and VE-PTP in regulation of endothelial cell-...
Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Colorado, United States, about 11 hours ago
Post-Doctoral Fellow - 10202 Faculty Description University of Colorado School of Medicine Anschutz Medical Campus Department of Pediatrics Section of Hematology, Oncology, and Bone Marrow Transpl...
Visiting Research Specialist Pharmacology (Job Id #82042), University of Illinois, United States, 1 day ago
Visiting Research Specialist - Pharmacology (Job ID #82042) College of Medicine 07/31/2017 Description: SEARCH EXTENDED A Visiting Research Specialist position is immediately available under of su...
Postdoc Positions In Proteomics, Epigenetics And Cell Signaling, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, about 23 hours ago
Two postdoctoral positions are available at the Novo Nordisk Foundation Center for Protein Research (CPR – www.cpr.ku.dk), University of Copenhagen. Salary: ~50,000-54,000€ PA, plus 17.1% in pensi...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Transplantation Immunology, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 9 days ago
The Department of Clinical Science, Intervention and Technology (CLINTEC) operates mainly at The Flemingsberg Campus in connection to Karolinska University Hospital Huddinge. The Department also o...