The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Epigenetic Reprogramming, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 8 days ago
Postdoctoral Research fellow in epigenetic reprogramming (Ref. BAP-2015-293) Occupation : Full-time Period : Fixed-term contract Place : Leuven Apply no later than : August 31, 2015 The Pasque lab...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Epigenetic Reprogramming, KU Leuven, Belgium, 4 days ago
Job posted by KU Leuven (27/06/2015 03.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. M...
Post Doctoral Scholar , University of Kentucky, United States, 9 days ago
Posting Details Job Title Post-Doctoral Scholar Requisition Number DU01250 Department Name 7H018:GRADUATE CENTER FOR TOXICOLOGY Work Location Lexington, KY Salary Range $32,000-$42,000/year Type o...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, 24 days ago
Requisition Number: 0005743 Field(s) of Specialization: Center for Human Development Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scientist Department: 7519- MED Medicine Department Number: 7519 Location...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Regulating haematopoietic stem cells self-renewal and differentiation We seek to appoint a highly motivated postdoctoral scientist to conduct research aimed at regulating human haematopoietic stem...
Post Doctoral Research Fellow (Cell Cycle Control In Skin Epidermis Laboratory), A*STAR, Singapore, 17 days ago
The Institute of Medical Biology (IMB) is one of the Biomedical Sciences Institutes of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). It was formed in 2007, with a mission to study mech...