The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Research Fellow 51628 , University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 22 days ago
Full Time/Part Time Full Time Duration of Post 36 months Post is open to: External and internal candidates Grade 7 Salary Starting salary is normally in the range £28,982 to £37,768. With potentia...
Research Professional 2, The University of Chicago, United States, about 1 month ago
About the Unit The Section of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology provides care for patients and families with acute and chronic medical conditions, or other hematologic diseases, requiring the specialt...
Postdoctoral Research Position In Epigenetic Reprogramming, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, about 2 hours ago
Postdoctoral Research Position in Epigenetic Reprogramming (Ref. BAP-2016-53) Occupation : Full-time Period : Fixed-term contract Place : Leuven Apply no later than : March 15, 2016 Postdoctoral R...
Postdoc Position, Ghent University, Netherlands, 23 days ago
Job description The research group of Prof. Tom Taghon, located in Ghent, Belgium, is looking for a talented and highly motivated postdoctoral researcher to join our team. The focus of the lab is ...
Postdoctoral Fellow University Of Miami, University of Miami/SCCC-Human Genetics, United States, about 19 hours ago
Job posted by Science Careers (12/02/2016 03.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Research Fellow, University of Michigan, United States, 10 days ago
Job Detail RESEARCH FELLOW How to Apply An application should include a one-page cover letter outlining the skills and research experience, and a CV with the contact information of three referees....