The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Marie Curie Fellow, King's College London, United Kingdom, 14 days ago
King's College London's Home » Marie Curie Fellow Marie Curie Fellow Reference: THW/15/059639/131 Salary Details: £26,378.11 Allowances: + £4,230.28 to £7,755.51 Contract Type: Temporary/Fixed ter...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Babraham University, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
We are seeking a Postdoctoral Research Scientist to work on a collaborative project between the Veldhoen and Varga-Weisz labs to work on a project to study how gene regulation in the intestinal ep...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Stem Cell Based Molecular Studies Of Schizophrenia, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 7 days ago
Division The Department of Neuroscience at the Karolinska Institutet (http://ki.se/en/neuro/startpage-department-of-neuroscience-neuro ) consists of around 50 research groups performing a broad sp...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow In Genome Bioinformatics | Ref: 494069 |, The University of Western Australia, Australia, 10 days ago
FACULTY OF SCIENCE EPIGENETICS AND GENOMICS LABORATORY (LISTER LAB) ARC Centre of Excellence in Plant Energy Biology 3 year appointment Salary range: Level A $63,332 - $85,942 p.a. or Level B $90...
Research Fellow 54500 , University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
Full Time/Part Time Full Time Duration of Post 36 months Post is open to: External and internal candidates Grade 7 Salary Starting salary is normally in the range £28,695 to £37,394. With potentia...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist , Columbia University, United States, 3 days ago
Job posted by Science Careers (24/02/2015 02.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...