The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Postdoctoral Fellow At The Department Of Biology, Lunds universitet, Sweden, 17 days ago
Job posted by Lund University via MyNetwork (16/04/2016 03.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Cod...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Epigenetics And Immunity, International Clinical Research Center - St. Anne's University Hospital Brno, Czech, 21 days ago
Job posted by St. Anne's University Hospital Brno (12/04/2016 16.34) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter a...
Postdoctoral Position In Cell Fate Reprogramming And Epigenetics : Leuven, Belgium, VIB Center for the Biology of Disease, K.U.Leuven,, Belgium, 29 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (05/04/2016 17.33) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Postdoc Position In Epigenetic Of Aging, FLI - Leibniz-Institute for Age Reasearch - Fritz-Lipmann-Institute e.V., Germany, 1 day ago
Job posted by FLI - Leibniz-Institute for Age Reasearch - Fritz-Lipmann-Institute e.V. (02/05/2016 10.07) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions activel...
Postdoctoral Fellow, Indiana University, United States, 7 days ago
Position Search >> Position Details Department NamePediatrics Center NameWells Center for Pediatric Research Position TitlePostdoctoral Fellow PIDr. Reuben Kapur Description Up to two NIH-supporte...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, 2 days ago
Requisition Number: 0006687 Field(s) of Specialization: Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scientist Department: 7538- PAT Pathology Department Number: 7538 Location: Medical Center Summary Des...