The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Post Doctoral Fellow In Pluripotent Stem Cell Hepatocyte Progeny, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 17 days ago
Post-doctoral fellow in pluripotent stem cell hepatocyte progeny (Ref. BAP-2015-107) Occupation : Full-time Period : Fixed-term contract Place : Leuven Apply no later than : May 15, 2015 For the ...
Research Fellow (Dm Whole Genome) / Imcb, A*STAR, Singapore, 4 days ago
The Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology (IMCB) is a leading research institute in biological sciences funded by the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). Its mission is develop...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Modeling Of Frontotemporal Dementia Using I Psc, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 17 days ago
Post-doctoral fellow in Modeling of Frontotemporal Dementia using iPSC (Ref. BAP-2015-126) Occupation : Full-time Period : Fixed-term contract Place : Leuven Apply no later than : May 15, 2015 For...
Postdoctoral Scientist, Texas Biomedical Reserach Institute, United States, 13 days ago
Job posted by Science Careers (14/04/2015 01.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Post Doctoral Fellow In Hematopoietic Stem Cell Biology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 17 days ago
Post-doctoral fellow in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Biology (Ref. BAP-2015-128) Occupation : Full-time Period : Fixed-term contract Place : Leuven Apply no later than : May 15, 2015 For the Stem Cell...
Research Fellow (Epithelial Epigenetics & Development Lab), A*STAR, Singapore, 6 days ago
The Institute of Medical Biology (IMB) is one of the Biomedical Sciences Institutes of the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). It was formed in 2007, with a mission to study mech...