The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Postdoctoral Researcher In Quantitative Single Cell Biology, Leiden University, Netherlands, 12 days ago
Faculty of Science, Leiden Institute of Physics, vacancy 14-334 The Faculty of Science, Leiden Institute of Physics is looking for a: Postdoctoral Researcher in Quantitative Single-Cell Biology (1...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Epigenetics, Cell & Cancer Biology, Duke, United States, 3 days ago
Two postdoctoral positions are available in the Yildirim lab located at the Department of Cell Biology of Duke University Medical Center in Durham, North Carolina. We are looking for creative, acc...
Postdoc In Medical Epigenetics / Epigenomics, CeMM - Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria, about 10 hours ago
Job posted by Science Careers (20/12/2014 02.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Postdoctoral Researcher In Quantitative Single Cell Biology, Leiden University, Netherlands, 9 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (12/12/2014 02.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Postdoctoral Training Fellow , Ref:1448854, University of London, United Kingdom, 9 days ago
We seek a motivated and independent Postdoctoral Training Fellow, funded by Breast Cancer Campaign, to play a key role in facilitating the wet-lab research of the Systems and Precision Cancer Medi...
Academic Affairs/Research Institute, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, United States, 12 days ago
Summary of Essential Job Duties: The Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell (iPSC) Core Facility uses the latest techniques to reprogram, expand and characterize human iPS cells from human skin or blood ti...