The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Postdoctoral Fellow Research Opening – Stem Cell Derived Kidney Models Via 3 D Bioprinting, New England HERC, United States, 17 days ago
Basic Qualifications: Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Stem Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or other related area Additional Qualifications: Extensive experience with human cell culture, ideally primary and p...
Visiting Research Specialist Pharmacology (Job Id #70346), University of Illinois, United States, about 1 month ago
This position is for research in the area of signal transduction involving cell biology, molecular biology and biochemistry techniques. Current emphasis of the laboratory is on the biology of the ...
Postdoctoral Research Position In Single Cell Genomics, Harvard University, United States, 23 days ago
Details Title Postdoctoral Research Position in Single Cell Genomics School Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Department/Area Biostatistics Position Description One or two postdoctoral pos...
Postdoctoral Research Position In Single Cell Genomics, New England HERC, United States, 23 days ago
One or two postdoctoral positions in computational biology focused on single cell genomics is available at the Guo-Cheng Yuan Lab in the Department of Biostatistics and Computational Biology at Da...
Postdoctoral Scientist In Epigenetics And Leukaemia, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Applications are invited for a highly motivated Postdoctoral Research Scientist to work in the Milne lab on a programme studying epigenetic and transcriptional mechanisms in acute leukaemias. MLL ...
Research Fellow, Queen's University Belfast, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Job posted by Global Academy Jobs (30/09/2016 01.15) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...