The Institute aims to attract, train and nurture clinician-scientists and to develop joint programmes with universities, academic medical centres, government hospitals and research institutes.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (Walter Stunkel’s Lab)
(Ref : BMSI/SICS/WS/RF/18122013)
The successful candidate will work on cell based assays, followed by subsequent molecular analysis. The focus will be to establish lineage specific cellular differentiation models utilizing umbilical cord derived mesenchymal stem cells from neonates with maternal history of gestational diabetes.
· Conducting research experiments in the lab and demonstrating initiative in further improving and adapting published protocols for stem cell differentiation.
· Implementation of new experimental protocols with minimal supervision, good problem solving- and troubleshooting skills.
· Keeping up with recent developments in the scientific field, especially considering the role of epigenetics in human metabolic diseases.
· Ph.D. in Molecular Biology
· Experience in stem cell biology and broad molecular biology skills
· Knowledge in epigenetics and gene regulation are desirable
· Hands-on experience with genomic technologies e.g. chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP)-assays and advanced derivatives such as ChIP-Seq
· Expertise in Next Generation Sequencing methods are a plus point
· Possess good technical and communication skills
· Ability to plan and carry out experiments independently
SICS provides a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your specific qualifications and experience. We welcome interested applicants to email a full CV, list of publications and a one-page letter of intent summarizing past experience and strengths as well as contact details of two referees to email@example.com. We would also appreciate it if you could indicate the Job Reference No. in your cover letter or subject title in your email to us.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Postdoctoral Researcher Bioinformatics (1,0 Fte), Radboud University, Netherlands, 7 days ago
At Radboud University, we do research and teach programmes covering the full width of the academic spectrum. We do this on a green, modern campus with state-of-the-art facilities. The atmosphere o...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist Bbsrc Mh Ltc, Babraham University, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
The Babraham Institute is a charity which is world renowned for its research in life sciences to enhance lives and improve wellbeing. An opportunity is available for a highly motivated postdoctora...
Research Fellow In Cancer Biology, The University of Edinburgh, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Background The Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine (IGMM) is an internationally leading multidisciplinary research institute investigating diverse aspects of human health and disease. The...
Research Fellow, University of Michigan, United States, 26 days ago
Job Detail RESEARCH FELLOW How to Apply A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, 29 days ago
Requisition Number: 0005494 Field(s) of Specialization: Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scientist Department: 7564- NSC Neuroscience Department Number: 7564 Location: Medical Center Summary ...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, 27 days ago
Requisition Number: 0005502 Field(s) of Specialization: Stem Cell & Regenerative Medicine Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scientist Department: 7901- CDM General Department Number: 7901 Loca...