Lloyds Scholars Programme, University Of Edinburgh
Lloyds Scholars Programme
Fifteen Lloyds Scholarships will be offered to students commencing an undergraduate degree at the University of Edinburgh in the 2013-2014 academic session.
Each scholarship, of up to four years, could be worth a total of £19,000 to the most successful scholars.
In addition scholars will be offered up to two ten week paid internship at Lloyds, one of which must be taken during the summer holiday before their final year, for which they will receive a pro-rated salary of approximately £18,000.
Each scholar will be assigned a mentor from the Lloyds Banking Group business’ senior management and a peer buddy who has gone through the company’s existing graduate scheme to help with CV and interview advice. Scholars will also have the chance to learn valuable transferable skills to help boost their employability through lectures, workshops and events run by Lloyds Banking Group.
Scholars will be required to take on 100 hours a year community volunteering work organised by their University in conjunction with Lloyds.
Lloyds Scholarships are offered to encourage and support young people from below average income families to study at the University of Edinburgh.
- be students entering their first year of an undergraduate degree
- for students based in Scotland; Lloyds will require evidence in the form of a letter from SAAS that confirms the level of Funding package (bursaries and loans) you are receiving based on your household income.
- have a household income, as defined by the Student Loans Company, of below £25,000 (for SLC funded students who usually live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland)
- residual household income: Your residual household income is the gross income (before tax and national insurance deductions) minus certain allowable deductions. These can include pension payments and allowances for other dependant children. More information is available from your local authority / Student Finance England or equivalent assessing agency. Please note that before being accepted into the programme, Lloyds will require proof of income.
Applicants also should already have:
- applied through University and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS)
- been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh
- firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so
Accepting the University of Edinburgh as an insurance offer does not satisfy the conditions relating to this scholarship.
While these awards are open to students on any undergraduate degree programme, due to the nature of this scholarship which includes an internship and mentoring by Lloyds Banking Group, applicants intending to study medicine and veterinary medicine may not find this award of particular benefit.
Applications for the 2013 Lloyds Scholars Programme will open on 3 June 2013. If you would like to register your interest in this scholarship and receive updates, please complete the online Registration Form.
Further information, including the registration form, can be found on the Lloyds Scholars website.
- Lloyds Scholars Programme 2013
Scholarships and Student Funding Services
The University of Edinburgh
Edinburgh, EH8 9YL
Tel: +44 (0)131 651 4771
Fax: +44 (0)131 651 4066
- EUSA Volunteering
- Careers Service
This article was published on Jul 5, 2013
View or Apply