The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Csiro Postgraduate Scholarships , CSIRO, Australia, 23 days ago
•Are you passionate about a career in science?•Access CSIRO's world-class facilities•Apply for a CSIRO PhD Scholarship now!Each year, CSIRO supports PhD Scholarships for students to work on project...
Ph D Research Fellow Position In Applied Mathematics, Focusing On Biomedical Data Analysis., Bergen University College, Faculty of Engineering and Business Administration, Norway, 25 days ago
The PhD research fellow will be affiliated with the faculty’s ICT-oriented strategic research program on ICT engineering (http://ict.hib.no) which currently includes 20 professors and associate pro...
Ph D Position In Dairy Technology – Ref.No. 16/05205, Norwegian University of Life Sciences - NMBU, Norway, 9 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (18/10/2016 15.01) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Ph D Scholarship On Nitrogen Use Efficiency And N2 O Emissions In Perennial Cropping Systems–The Importance Of Below Ground Processes, Norwegian University of Life Sciences - NMBU, Norway, 15 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (12/10/2016 16.07) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Ph D Scholarship Within Environmental Radioactivity/Radioecology – Particles – Ref.No. 16/04738, Norwegian University of Life Sciences - NMBU, Norway, 25 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (03/10/2016 16.43) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
A Partial Scholarship At Nottingham Business School 2017, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham, United Kingdom, 1 day ago
Brief descriptionNottingham Business School provides a wide range of programmes at various levels. All of courses are designed to equip you with enhanced skills and knowledge needed to meet the eve...