The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Ph D Scholarships Available, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 19 days ago
The Nanyang Technological University, Singapore is inviting applications for PhD Scholarships for a project examining the relationship between psychological, social and health issues with the built...
Ph D Scholarship Knowledge Center In Neglected Tropical Diseases, BMD Software & University of Aveiro, Portugal, Portugal, 16 days ago
Knowledge discovery in neglected tropical diseasesPhD scholarship in Computer Science (part of a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network)Institution: BMD Software & University o...
Ph D Position “Analysis Of Agricultural Policies In Central Asian Agriculture"”, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies, Germany, 22 days ago
Job posted by Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (07/05/2015 14.14) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively i...
Ph D Scholarships In Nanomedicine, MQU, Australia, 18 days ago
PhD Scholarships are now available for outstanding domestic and international students is $25,849 to $29,849 per annum tax free for up to three years depending on your experience and academic...
Ph D Position In The Software Lab, Tu Darmstadt, Germany, TU Darmstadt, Department of Computer Science, Software Lab, Germany, 12 days ago
We are looking for students interested in joining the Software Lab as PhD students. The Software Lab conducts research at the intersection of software engineering and programming languages, with a ...
Ph D Position: Development Of Small Organic Molecules As Bromodomain Ligands For Cancer Treatment, University of Zurich. Prof. Dr. Cristina Nevado's group, Switzerland, about 1 month ago
PhD position OpenSubject AreasOrganic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Drug DesignContactDr. Andrea Unzueemail: firstname.lastname@example.orgSupervisorProf. Dr. Cristina NevadoBromodomains are classified...