The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Ph D Student In Advanced Surface Electromechanics, Institut Català de Nanociència i Nanotecnologia, Spain, 9 days ago
ICN2 is a renowned research centre. Its research lines focus on the newly discovered physical and chemical properties that arise from the fascinating behaviour of matter at the nanoscale.The Instit...
Phd Studentship Translation Of Remote Sensing Data Into Sustainable Development Indicators (Trisdi), University of Surrey, United Kingdom, 15 days ago
View All Vacancies Centre for Environment and Sustainability Location: Guildford Post Type: Full Time Advert Placed: Thursday 17 November 2016 Closing Date: Sunday 01 January 2017 Reference: ...
Fully Funded Ph D Position In Medical Imaging, , United Kingdom, 14 days ago
Fully funded PhD position in Medical ImagingUniversity of Lincoln - School of Computer Science Qualification type:PhD Location:Lincoln & London (UK) Collaborators:Imperial Colleg...
School Of Arts, Languages And Cultures Ph D Studentships 2017 18, University of Manchester, United Kingdom, 23 days ago
Type of award Studentship Managing department School of Arts, Languages and Cultures Value The award covers tuition fees and a maintenance stipend (£14,296 in 2016-17). Students opting to study pa...
Ph D Position In Structural Biology Within The Eu Itn Project "Pippi", Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 21 hours ago
Apply no later than 2 January 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Chemistry by completing the following form. Apply online A 3-year PhD scholarship in structural biology is available at Department of Ch...
Ph D Positions In Cancer Research At The German Cancer Research Center In Heidelberg, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)., Germany, 25 days ago
Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and ...