The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Unsw Industry Joint Ph D Scholarship, University of New South Wales, Canberra, Australia, 23 days ago
Project title: Mechanical and Structural behaviour of a green Magnesium Oxychloride Cement-Based Fibre Reinforced Construction MaterialA PhD position is available at UNSW Canberra in the area of me...
Ph D Studentship (Esrc South Coast Dtp) Exploring Climate Change Impacts On Agroforestry Livelihoods In Tanzania, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, about 19 hours ago
Global Environmental Change & Earth Obs Location: Highfield Campus Salary: £14553 Annual stipend of £14553 plus payment of programme fees. Closing Date: Wednesday 28 June 2017 Reference: 878617WR ...
2 Ph D Position In Experimental And Computational Micro/Nanoelectronics, VIT University, India, 23 days ago
2 PhD position in Experimental and Computational Micro/NanoelectronicsCentre for Nanotechnology Research (CNR) at VIT University is one of the leading research centres in India. We are looking for ...
Ph D Student For Photonic Integrated Flexible Wdm Optical Cross Connect Nodes, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Departments Department of Electrical Engineering Reference number V36.2945 Job description The Eindhoven University of Technology has a vacancy for a PhD student for Photonic integrated flexible W...
Ph D Positions, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
Apply no later than 21 June 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Physics by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Physics invites highly motivated and skilled candidates to apply for a number o...
Ph D Scholarship In Experimental Studies Of Polymer Brush Layers, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 13 hours ago
Apply no later than 23 June 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Chemistry by completing the following form. Apply online A 3-year PhD scholarship in experimental studies of polymer and polyelectrolyte b...