The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Ph D Position In Insect Neuroimaging, University of Trento, Italy, 14 days ago
Within the PhD program of the Center of Mind/Brain sciences (CIMeC) at the University of Trento, Italy our group offers a fellowship within one of the projects on insect neuroimagingFor an ove...
Call For Ph D And Post Doctoral Positions In Wind Energy Lab., Kunsan National University, South Korea , Kunsan National University, South Korea, 14 days ago
The Wind Energy Laboratory (WEL) in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, also a lab of Break-through Technology Center for Urban Wind Energy Systems (CUWES) of Kunsan National University, has ...
4 Phd Positions Available In Wireless Networks, Dependable Io T And Big Data, Mid Sweden University, Sweden, 13 days ago
The Sensible Things that Communicate (STC) research centre at Mid Sweden University, Sweden, is in an expansive phase and we are currently recruiting new Ph.D. students. The research groups conduct...
Ph D Studentship Teagasc Ph D Walsh Fellowship Opportunity Plant Pathology, University College Dublin, School of Agriculture and Food Science, Ireland, 28 days ago
Job posted by University College Dublin, School of Agriculture and Food Science (04/04/2016 11.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively imple...
Ph D Position – Mechanisms Of Starch Biosynthesis In Plants, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 21 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (11/04/2016 16.09) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Tim And Kathryn Hirshman Indonesian Award Ugtr1002, University of New South Wales, Australia, 11 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 21/04/2016 Closing Date 31/05/2016 For commencement Semester 2 2016 Val...