The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
3 Three Year Funded Ph D Positions In Cognitive, Social And Affective Neuroscience, , Italy, 8 days ago
Rome, 19 June 2015 Call for Application for Prospective Ph.D. StudentsCode: 16167 - Psychology and Social NeuroscienceResearch curriculum in Cognitive Social and Affective Neurosciences ...
Ph D Position In Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, Saarland University (Germany), Saarland University, Germany, 15 days ago
A 3-year doctoral position is available at Saarland University (Germany), Department of Psychology to work with Dr. Jutta Kray and Dr. Kerstin Unger. The successful candidate will contribute to a r...
Ph D Scholarship In Physics/Materials Science, GNS Science, New Zealand, 20 days ago
PhD Scholarship in Physics/Materials ScienceNanostructured Thermoelectric Materials A PhD scholarship in physics is offered for research into nanostructured compounds for thermoelectric genera...
Development Of Tools For Diagnosis And Prognosis In The Event Of Serious Nuclear Accident, irsn, France, 27 days ago
PhD position available at the French nuclear safety authority, I R S N : In case of severe nuclear accident, from the observation of a limited number of physical variables, and given the...
Ph D: Multimodal Imaging Of The Heart Muscle Analysis And Visualization To Aided Diagnosis, Laboratoire d'électronique et informatique de l'image (Le2i) UMR CNRS 6306 - Université de Bourgogne, France, 21 days ago
Doctoral School Engineering Science and Microtechnology (SPIM)University of Burgundy (UB) - Electronic and image processing laboratory (Le2i)Thesis proposal in medical imagingDirector: Professor Ta...
Ph.D, Master Candidate, Post Doc., Professor, South Korea, 25 days ago
< Opportunity to Study and Research on Intelligent Autonomous Systems >Design and Control at Kunsan National University in KoreaSmart Autonomous Systems (SAS) laboratory (www.saslab.kr) at Ku...