The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Two Ph D Positions Available In The Field Of Organic And Organometallic Materials Chemistry , Macquarie University, Australia, 29 days ago
Two PhD Positions (#2016356 and #2016357) available in the field of Organic and Organometallic Materials Chemistry The group of A/Prof. Koushik Venkatesan will move to Macquarie Universi...
Undergraduate Scholarship Program For International Students In Shiraz, Iran, 2017 2018, Shiraz University of Medical sciences, Iran, 13 days ago
Undergraduate Scholarship Program for International Students in Shiraz, Iran, 2017-2018Description: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will award a variety of scholarships to the applicants demo...
Ph D Scholarship In Situ Characterisation Of Li S Battery System, The University of Queensland, Australia, 17 days ago
PhD Scholarship – In-situ characterisation of Li-S battery system The School of Mechanical and Mining Engineering maintains a world class reputation and is at the cutting-edge of engineering educa...
Mrc Industrial Case Ph D Studentship – Investigation Of The Anti Biofilm Activities Of Inhibitors Of The Las B Protease And Their Application In The Treatment Of Pseudomonas Aeruginosa Infections In Cystic Fibrosis Patients, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Biological Sciences Research Location: Highfield Campus Closing Date: Sunday 05 February 2017 Reference: 824317BJ PhD Supervisor: Prof. Jeremy S. Webb Co supervisors: Prof. Saul N. Faust, Dr Marti...
Fellowship For Environmental Studies (Master), Duke Kunshan University, China;United States, about 1 month ago
Duke Kunshan University is now accepting applications for the new international Master of Environmental Policy (iMEP) degree. The iMEP program is a two-year degree offered jointly by Duke’s Sanford...
Ph D Fellowship In Ion Channel Function And Biophysics, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 22 days ago
Center for Biopharmaceuticals / Dept. of Drug Design and Pharmacology Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (SUND) University of Copenhagen Center for Biopharmaceuticals (Dept. of Drug Design and...