The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Doctor Of Dental Surgery Program For January 2015, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Iran, 4 days ago
To all interested applicants for Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) program, 2015 - 2016 academic year:It is our pleasure to inform you that TUMS will accept the most qualified and interested applic...
Scholarship Awards Scholarshipowl, , Worldwide, 12 days ago
3 scholarships: - http://scholarshipowl.com/awards/semester - http://scholarshipowl.com/awards/social-participation - http://scholarshipowl.com/awards/achievement EVERYONE IS EL...
Arc Laureate Fellowship Ph D Scholarships Marine Cyanobacteria, Macquarie University, Australia, 12 days ago
Photosynthetic marine microorganisms are responsible for the production of half of the oxygen in our atmosphere, equal to the contribution of all land-based vegetation. They underpin the entire mar...
Ph D Scholarship In Veterinary Microbiology And Poultry Diseases, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 30 days ago
Apply no later than 15 October 2014 Apply for the job at DTU Vet by completing the following form. Apply online We are seeking a PhD student to join the Section for Bacteriology, Pathology and Par...
Ph D Position In Ecology, Stockholm University, Sweden, 12 days ago
PhD position in Ecology at the Department of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences, Stockholm University. Reference number SU FV-2888-14. Deadline for applications: November 20, 2014. The ecolog...
Ph D Position In Ecology, Stockholm University, Sweden, 10 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (14/10/2014 11.58) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...