The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Ph D – Neuropsychology/Psychiatry: An Investigation Of The Neural Substrates Underlying Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Induced Memory Changes , University of New South Wales, Australia, 27 days ago
The Sydney Neurostimulation Centre (SyNC) located within the Black Dog Institute, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia is seeking a Ph.D student to undertake research investigating how ...
Ph D Intellectual Disability, Mental Health And Offending, University of New South Wales, Australia, 29 days ago
An interdisciplinary Scholarship is offered between the Department of Developmental Disability Neuropsychiatry (3DN) http://3dn.unsw.edu.au/ within the School of Psychiatry, UNSW Medicine, and the ...
Scholarship For International Baccalaureate (Ib) Graduates From Selected Schools In South East Asia, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, about 18 hours ago
This Scholarship was established by UTS to attract top achieving commencing international students who are completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) from selected schools in South East Asia,...
Phd Positions On Nanostrucured, Solution Processed, Environmentally Friendly Photovoltaics, ICFO - The Institute of Photonic Sciences, Spain, 5 days ago
The Functional Optoelectronic NanoMaterials group at ICFO, led by ICREA Prof. Gerasimos Konstantatos, is launching a research program on the design, synthesis and engineering of nanostructured inor...
Ph D Position In Computer Science On Information Retrieval And Text Mining, Universita' della Svizzera Italiana (USI), Switzerland, 23 days ago
PhD position in Computer Science on Information Retrieval and Text Mining--------------------------------------------------------------------------The Faculty of Informatics of the Universita’ dell...
Ph D Position In Databases, University of Salzburg, Austria, 5 days ago
The Database Research Group at the Department of Computer Sciences, University of Salzburg, Austria, offers a fully funded PhD position. The position is funded by the Austrian Science Fund (FWF) wi...