The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Topological Photonics Based On Novel 2 D Materials In The Strong Coupling Regime, CNRS, University Blaise Pascal, France, 16 days ago
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 23rd of MAY, 2016Scholarship of the PhD School of Fundamental ScienceThe field of novel 2D materials — monolayer structures of Transitional Metal Dichalcogenides (TMDCs) — has...
Two Apai Ph D Research Scholarships For Australian/New Zealand And International Students, University of New South Wales, Australia, 21 days ago
University of New South WalesSchool of Civil and Environmental EngineeringCentre for Infrastructure Engineering & SafetyandWestern Sydney University Institute for Infrastructure Engineerin...
International Summer School On Epidemiology, , Iran, 26 days ago
IntroductionIDEE (Iranisch-Deutsches Epidemiologie Engagement) is a German-Iranian initiative to strengthen international cooperation in Field Epidemiology Training Programme (FETP) and public heal...
2016/2017 Ph D Scholarships Are Available For Research In Chemistry And Chemical Biology, Macquarie University, Australia, 14 days ago
Scholarship stipend: $26,288/annum + all tuition fees for 3 (PhD) or 4 (MRes/PhD bundle) yearsClosing Date: July 31, 2016Requirements: an outstanding academic record a his...
Ph D Position In Bioinformatics, Microbial Ecology And Meta Omics Ref.No 16/02681, Norwegian University of Life Sciences - NMBU, Norway, about 16 hours ago
Job posted by universitypositions (25/05/2016 17.07) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Partial Scholarship At Oncampus Lund, Oncampus Lund, Sweden, 18 days ago
Deadline Date: June 1st 2016, 22:59:59 UTCEligibility : Non-EU citizen students who have bachelor degree ONCAMPUS Lund is a partnership with Lund University, Sweden and ONCAMPUS, part of Cambr...