The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Ph D And Ms Research Assistantship At Wireless Communication And Networking Lab, Chosun University, Gwangju, Korea For Spring/Fall 2015, Chosun University, South Korea, 10 days ago
The Wireless Communication and Networking Lab (WHYNET LAB), Chosun University, Gwangju, is seeking for skilful, hard working and highly motivated candidates with good academic credentials to join o...
Two Ph D Positions On The Theory Of Quantum Plasmonics And Nanoscale Quantum Optics, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 12 days ago
The Department of Photonics Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for two PhD positions on the Theory of Quantum Plasmonics and Nanoscale Quantum Optics.We aim to ...
Ph D Position In Machine Learning, Mid Sweden University, Sweden, 12 days ago
The research group in Computer Communications and Networking belongs to the Department of Information and Communication Systems (IKS) at Mid Sweden University, and is in an expansive phase and we a...
Ph D Position: The Application Of Human Stem Cells For Predicting Human Safety Of Chemicals, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 2 days ago
Apply no later than 5 December 2014 Apply for the job at DTU Food by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Food at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for a position...
Farmax Scholarship, Massey University, New Zealand, 15 days ago
Closing date: 10/03/2105 Closing date: 10 March The Farmax Scholarship was established in 2014 by Farmax Limited, a New Zealand company that provides decision support systems and farm software for...
Ph D Position (M/F), KITLV - KNAW, Netherlands, 2 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (21/11/2014 02.01) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...