The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Improving Banana Quality Through Supply Chain Management, The University of Tasmania, Australia, 16 days ago
ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Innovative Horticultural Products PhD ScholarshipsImproving banana quality through supply chain managementAbout the Centre The Centre is hoste...
Ph D Positions In Electrical And Computer Engineering, University Of Alabama, The University of Alabama, USA, 13 days ago
Several Graduate Research Assistant Positions are available at Laboratory of Ambient and Wearable Systems, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Alabama (http...
Graduate Research Assistantship / Scholarships, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia, 3 days ago
Involved in research and development as postgraduate student under my supervision. Research are on non destructive evaluation and testing development on aerospace material. Graduate Research A...
International Ph D Program Biomolecular Technology Of Proteins (Bio To P), BOKU - University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria, 17 days ago
PhD student positionsBioToP offers an inter- and multi-disciplinary research-based doctoral education at the interface of basic and applied science in the field of protein biotechnology. BioTo...
Ce Mm International Ph D Program 2015, CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austria, 14 days ago
The next PhD Program at CeMM Research Center for Molecular Medicine of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, in Vienna, starts in October 2015. We are looking for exceptionally motivated PhD candidates...
Ph D Scholarship – Pesticide Modeling: Modeling Degradation, Sorption And Transport Of Pesticides In Cold Climates, Bioforsk, Norway, 19 days ago
Job posted by Bioforsk (09/01/2015 12.43) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. Mo...