The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Ph D Scholarship In Multimedia Signal Processing, Instituto Superior Técnico / University of Lisbon, Portugal, 7 days ago
Instituto de Telecomunicações / Instituto Superior Técnico, at University of Lisbon (Portugal), is offering a PhD Scholarship in Multimedia Signal Processing in the context of the...
Ovrf Maki Shiobara Scholarship Puca1005, University of New South Wales, Australia, 22 days ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage First year students, Second year students, Third year and above, Honours year students, Postgraduate students Opens 04/07/2016 Closing Date 30/11/2016 For commencemen...
Academic Industrial Ph.D.Positions In Circuit Neuroscience, Ulm University, Germany, 22 days ago
The Institute of Applied Physiology at the Medical Faculty of Ulm University (Ulm, Germany) and the pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG (Biberach an der Riss, Germa...
Ph D Researcher, Ghent University, Netherlands, 21 days ago
Job description As a PhD researcher you will be mainly involved in three European projects. Your research area will be networking and transfer of knowledge in the agro-food sector. You will work i...
Ph D Studentship In Fire And Tree Physiology, Medforlab - University of Lleida, Spain, 20 days ago
Job posted by Medforlab - University of Lleida (06/07/2016 16.21) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and ...
Ph D Scholarships, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 28 days ago
Apply no later than 14 July 2016 Apply for the job at DTU Chemical Eng. by completing the following form. Apply online The CHEC Research Centre at DTU Chemical Engineering seeks qualified candidat...