The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Ph D Controlled Stress – Thermally Inducing Strain In Graphene, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
EPSRC funded (3.5-year) and The Leverhulme Trust funded (4-year) PhD scholarships in Physics: Controlled stress – thermally inducing strain in graphene - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/...
Ph.D. Positions In Uav And Mobile Robotics, West Virginia University, United States, 5 days ago
The Interactive Robotics Laboratory (IRL) at West Virginia University (WVU) has openings for multiple Ph.D. level Graduate Research Assistantships (GRAs). Research areas include sensor fusion, visi...
Jb Fairfax Award For Rural Journalism, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
The JB Fairfax Award for Rural Journalism aims to encourage university students to pursue a career in rural journalism upon graduation. The Award was established through a private donation from Mr...
Ph D Graphene Science Spin And Valley Hall Effects In Nanomaterials, University of Exeter, United Kingdom, 20 days ago
EPSRC funded (3.5-year) PhD studentship in Physics: Graphene Science - spin and valley Hall effects in nanomaterials - http://www.exeter.ac.uk/studying/funding/award/?id=1739Spintronic effects...
Westpac Asian Exchange Scholarship Ugtr1040, University of New South Wales, Australia, 1 day ago
Key Scholarship Details Stage Second year students, Third year and above Opens 01/08/2015 Closing Date 15/08/2015 For commencement Semester 1 2016 Value $10,000 2 Scholarship(s) available For one ...
Ph D Scholarship In Road Safety Modelling, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
Apply no later than 26 August 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Transport by completing the following form. Apply online A 3-year PhD position in Road Safety is vacant at DTU Transport. The project is...