The emerging concerns in agriculture and food security in the uplands of Southeast Asia require the continuous strengthening of the knowledge and research skills of target human resources in the region. To answer this need, the Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA) through financial support of the Canada’s International Development Research Center (IDRC) is inviting qualified candidates from Cambodia, Lao PDR, and Vietnam to pursue science-based master’s degrees in the fields of related to agriculture and food security in the uplands in leading universities in the Philippines and Thailand.
List of Requirements:
1. Completed Scholarship Application Form
2. Completed application forms for admission to the Graduate School of desired study post
3. Official transcript of academic records of the Bachelor’s degree completed
4. Certification of employment (if employed)
5. Two (2) copies of 2”x2” pictures
6. Certification from a medical doctor that the applicant is in good mental and physical health condition and is fit to undertake graduate studies
7. Certification of English proficiency test results (either TOEFL or IELTS) if any; or any certification of English proficiency
8. A one-page write-up on your motivation to pursue master’s degree focused on food security and uplands agriculture
9. A study plan that specifies the major and minor fields and courses to be taken (please check the university websites for the list of courses under the desired program)
10. Brief description of the research the applicant plans to conduct for thesis/dissertation. The research must address an issue related to food security and agricultural development in the upland areas in the applicant’s country
11. A recommendation letter from the head of employment institution, or head of university where the applicant finished his/her bachelor’s degree
Application Requirements must be submitted
on or before July 30, 2012 to:
GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP DEPARTMENT
Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study
and Research in Agriculture (SEARCA)
College, Los Baños, Laguna 4031 Philippines
Telefax: (63-49) 536-7164
Innovative Horticultural Products Ph D Scholarships (10), University of Tasmania, Australia, 8 days ago
ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Innovative Horticultural Products PhD ScholarshipsUniversity of Tasmania, AustraliaThe Centre has been made possible through $4.1million funding fr...
Tensile Response Of Eco Ultra High Performance Fiber Reinforced Concretes (Uhpfrc) With Reduced Binder Dosage, Under Long Time Loading, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, 20 days ago
The Structural Maintenance and Safety Laboratory opens a doctoral student position to contribute to a research project funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The field is the tensile resp...
Ph D Studentship In Multimedia Indexing, EURECOM Multimedia Communications Department, France, 18 days ago
This thesis is part of a collaborative project to analyze the multimedia informationthat is published on the Internet about cultural festivals, either by professionalor by the public. These data ar...
Ph D Students And Post Doc Positions In Nano Robotics And Electromagnetic Fields , Gyeongsang National University, Korea, 28 days ago
PhD students and Post-Doc Positions in Nano Robotics and Electromagnetic fields The research will be focused on designing a magnetic control system to monitor and drive magnetic Nano part...
Ph D In Reconstructing Pre Industrial Land Cover Change In Africa, Lausanne, Switzerland, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 20 days ago
We are looking for a motivated student with a background in palaeo-environmental science to join the ARVE interdisciplinary research team at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland. This is a ful...
Ph.D. Graduate Assistantship In Remote Sensing, Gis & Environmental Modeling, The Ohio State University, United States, 28 days ago
A Ph.D. graduate assistantship in the general areas of remote sensing, GIS, and environmental modeling is available, beginning Fall 2015, with Dr. Kaiguang Zhao in the School of Environment and Nat...