Zespri Innovation Fellowship, Victoria University Of Wellington
The ZESPRI Innovation Fellowship started in 2004 to encourage capability building and continued research into the kiwifruit industry. With the re-launch of the programme in 2011, ZESPRI aims to encourage key research in specific areas within the industry.Purpose of award
The objective of the fellowship is to:
* Build awareness of the kiwifruit industry as an exciting career option
* Encourage further research into the industry
* Encourage capability building.Selection criteria
- ZESPRI Fellowships are available to students enrolled in a Honours or Post-Graduate
(Masters or Doctoral) course of study only
- Applicants must hold the appropriate prerequisite degree(s)
- Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements for study in New Zealand
- Applicants must maintain grades of an appropriate standard
- Applicants may undertake the research offshoreNumber of awards offered
see 'Additional Information'Tenure of award
One YearClosing dates for applications
Thursday 20 January 2011
How do students apply?
Visit http://www.zespri.com/about-zespri/zespri-business/community-investment.html for an application form.
- Each year key topics will be put forward by the ZESPRI Innovation Fellowship committee in areas where there is a need for specific research. The hot topics for this year are:
O Fruit Quality and Supply Chain
O Microbiology/On orchard productivity
O SustainabilityDecision makers
ZESPRI Innovation Fellowship committeeHow and when do students learn of the decision?
Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the success of their application by
11 February 2011. Payments will be made from 1 April 2011.What conditions are attached to acceptance of this award?
For successful applicants, an Innovation Leader will be assigned and will sit on the review board and monitor progress. Payment milestones will be invoiced by the recipient and paid in accordance with standard ZESPRI procedures.Additional information
Approved Scholarships will be awarded up to the indicated maximum value for each level of
study per annum:
- Honours (stipend and study fees) NZ $6,500pa
- Masters (stipend only) NZ $16,500pa
- PhD (stipend only) NZ $26,500paWho else has information about this award?
UnspecifiedFor guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
PO Box 4043
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure the above information is current and correct. However, applicants should contact the appropriate administering body before making an application, as details do change frequently.© Victoria University of Wellington 2011
This information comes from BreakOut, the only comprehensive collection of awards, scholarships and grants for New Zealanders. It is maintained by the Funding Information Service and if you're viewing this from a Victoria University of Wellington computer, you can use BreakOut free of charge here.
View or Apply