The Myoe European Travel Prize, Massey University
The myOE European Travel Prize
Add to My shortlist
New SearchClosing date: to be announced
myOE are offering UK Travel Scholarships to 10 New Zealand and Australian university undergraduate students who are due to finish their degree in 2011.
* The best 10 stage 1 entrants, from each university, will be required to make a two minute video, and myOE is excited to be taking 47 students to an incredible weekend in Fiji for the myOE Winners Weekend.
However rather than offering 10 places to students for a fixed two week tour of the UK, myOE is making a shift to its core business of helping travelling professionals plan their OE, land on their feet and experience all there is to offer in the UK. This will give three lucky students a fantastic prize ' a true UK OE ' including flights, accommodation in myOE’s London Guesthouse, UK visas, travel insurance, a myOE UK Pro Pack including London A-Z Guide, UK sim card, London Discount vouchers and all the essentials to land on their feet in the UK. Because some students will prefer to build on local work experience before heading overseas, the prizes are valid for 3 years, giving winners a chance to plan their UK adventure ahead of time.
Stage 1 : 7 March to 15 April 2011
It’s simple, tell us in 100 words or less why you should be chosen this year, along with giving us some general information, plus a photo or two.
Stage 2 : 20 April to 11 May 2011
MAKE A VIDEO
From the written entries we will choose the Top Ten from each university. These ten will then be invited to make a 2 minute video entry giving them a one in ten chance of being selected to represent their university at the Winners Weekend!
Stage 3 : 27 May to 30 May 2011
WINNERS WEEKEND - FIJI
One winner from each university will be chosen to attend the Winners Weekend in Fiji.
During this weekend the winners will have a fantastic time, mixing plenty of fun with some serious competition as the winners represent their universities, battling it out for a place to be one of the 10 finalists and one of three
students to reach the final stage to win a UK OE!!
The Major Prize
• Return airfares to London (travel to the value of AUD$2200)
• 2 weeks accommodation at the myOE London Guest House
• Tier 5 UK Visa
• myOE UK Pro Pack
• Assistance from a myOE London Account Manager
• Travel Insurance for the first month of your stay.
Eligibility - All applicants must be
• Studying at a participating Australian or New Zealand university
• Expecting to complete an undergraduate degree in 2011 (all full-time and part-time students are eligible).
• Prizes are not transferable to other students in any circumstances
• Recipients will indemnify their university and myOE for any personal injury, property damage or loss that may occur whilst participating and travelling.
Entering the competition is easy.
As long as you are a Facebook member and a fan of myOE, just sign in using your Facebook login details.
You get a chance to upload some photos and explain in 100 words or less why you deserve a place on the winners’ weekend in Fiji and the Free UK OE.
We are looking for future travelling professionals who already know how to Live, Work and Play - the myOE way! So make sure you put your best foot forward with the photos you submit and how you write your entry.
Full information including entry criteria will be available from: http://myoe.com
Page authorised by Dean, Graduate Research School
Last updated on Tuesday 18 October 2011
View or Apply