The Kate Edger Educational Charitable Trust Tressa Thomas Retraining Award, Massey University
The Kate Edger Educational Charitable Trust Tressa Thomas Retraining Award
Add to My shortlist
New SearchClosing dates: 31/03/2013 31/07/2013
THE KATE EDGER EDUCATIONAL CHARITABLE TRUST TRESSA THOMAS RETRAINING AWARD
To assist mature women to prepare to return to a profession or to take up work (paid or unpaid) in the community.
1. A number of Tressa Thomas Retraining Awards of $1,500 shall be offered annually.
Closing dates: 31 March, 31 July.
2. Applicants for these awards must be:
b) New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents;
c) enrolled or preparing to enrol full time, in a Certificate, Diploma, or Degree qualification at one of the following institutions: The University of Auckland, the Albany Campus of Massey University, AUT University, Manukau Institute of Technology, Unitec, Northland Polytechnic, Te Wanaga O Aotearoa, Manukau or Whangarei, or Te Whare Wananga O Awanuiarangi, Auckland.
3. In making these awards, the selection committee shall give consideration to:
a) the course of study;
b) the applicant’s academic background as evidence of ability to complete the course
d) the applicant’s need for financial assistance;
e) the work (paid/unpaid) the applicant plans to undertake in the future;
f) the applicant’s referees’ reports;
g) any special circumstances e.g. family responsibilities, personal disability, considered relevant.
4. Each applicant for this award must submit her application on the current prescribed application form, together with:
a) evidence of acceptance in a Certificate, Diploma or Degree qualification at one of the institutions named above;
b) a certified copy of academic results from the current course or previous study
c) details of prior work experience, paid or unpaid (for example, study, work, child-raising);
d) a brief outline of the work, paid or unpaid, she plans to do in the future;
e) references from two referees on the prescribed forms and in sealed envelopes;
f) a certified copy of evidence of status as a New Zealand Citizen or Permanent Resident;
“Certified copy” means a copy of the original, certified as true by an appropriate authority (for example Academic Registrar, Head of Department or Justice of the Peace).
5. The Tressa Thomas Award is not available for research or travel expenses (for example, to conferences).
6. Tressa Thomas Retraining Awards will be paid in one instalment on presentation of evidence of enrolment at one of the institutions named above (for example, a receipted fees’ invoice or a certified statement from the relevant department).
7. Each recipient of a Tressa Thomas Retraining Award is required to make a short written report at the end of the year of study.
APPLICATIONS AND ENQUIRIES
1. Application forms for these awards are available from:
a) Scholarships offices of the above named tertiary institutions;
b) The website www.kateedgertrust.org.nz
Enquiries and completed applications to: Tressa Thomas Retraining Awards, The Kate Edger Educational Charitable Trust, PO Box 106 882, Auckland City, Auckland 1143 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Application cannot be accepted before 31/12/2012.
Application cannot be accepted before 30/04/2013.Download an application form
Page authorised by Dean, Graduate Research School
Last updated on Tuesday 18 October 2011
View or Apply