Closing date: 15/07/2016
Information for the 2016 round of the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS) will be available from February 2016.
The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
The NZIDRS cover:
University tuition fees and associated student levies for 3 years
An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 or NZ$2083.33 per month for 36 months
Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually for 3 years
Recipients can undertake PhD study in any discipline at any of New Zealand eight Universities:
University of Auckland,
University of Canterbury,
University of Otago,
University of Waikato,
Victoria University of Wellington.
In order to receive the scholarship, you must meet ALL five of the following eligibility criterion.
1. be a citizen of any country except New Zealand, Australia and Fiji
2. hold a minimum equivalent 3.6/4.0 GPA OR A / A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
3. conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
4. meet the requirements for direct entry into a PhD programme at a New Zealand University. This includes; having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
5. If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 15 January 2015
The scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the proposed research for New Zealand.
Research projects should have a tangible, positive effect on:
New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors
Or, New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety
Or, Research and scholarship in the above two areas
Before you start
Review the NZIDRS Eligibility checklist and the Required Document Checklist: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
Read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs)
Please do not apply for the NZIDRS if you do not meet all eligibility criteria or you cannot provide all required documents by 15 July 2015.
How to apply
1. Download and complete an NZIDRS application form NZIDRS Application Form, http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
2. Provide two academic references. Referees must send their reports directly to email@example.com. The referee letter and report template can be downloaded from http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
3. Provide a provisional supervision form provisional supervision form from the Head of School or Associate Dean of postgraduate at your intended New Zealand University. Forms are available from: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
4. Answer all questions by completing all fields of your application form and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2015.
Application cannot be accepted before 15/04/2016.
Peace And Security Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Value: Full tuition, living allowance, establishment allowance, medical and travel insurance, etc. (Pls see FAQs) Tenure of award: One year (by coursework) or two years (by thesis) Master's progra...
Ernest William File Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 9 days ago
Value: $2,000 Tenure of award: One year Closing dates for applications: 29 February 2016 for tenure in 2016. Number of awards offered: Up to 2 History or background of award The Ernest William Fil...
Financial Systems Support Administrator Niwa, NIWA, New Zealand, 19 days ago
Financial Systems Support Administrator Full Time, Permanent Auckland CBD NIWA is New Zealand's leading provider of natural resources and environmental research and applied science services, speci...
Terence O'brien Scholarship: International Relations Or Strategic Studies, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Value: $5,000 subject to funds available. Tenure of award: One year. Closing dates for applications: 30 June 2016 30 June. Number of awards offered: One History or background of award This Researc...
Senior Human Resources Officer, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 10 days ago
We have an exciting new opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced HR professional to manage a small team providing a comprehensive HR service to staff within the Department of Oncology....
Research Associate, King's College London, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
King's College London's Home » Research Associate Research Associate Reference: THW/16/059639/000122 Salary Details: £32,600 to £36,672 per annum Allowances: Plus £2,323 London Allowance Contract ...