Closing date: 15/07/2016
The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years (36 months):
New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies
An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax free)
Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually
Who Can Apply?
The NZIDRS is a prestigious, highly competitive scholarship. It is awarded based on academic excellence and the benefit of the candidate’s proposed research to New Zealand. Recipients of this award will have an academic record placing them within the top 5% of PhD candidates worldwide.
Recipients can undertake PhD study in any discipline at any of New Zealand eight Universities:
University of Auckland,
University of Canterbury,
University of Otago,
University of Waikato,
Victoria University of Wellington.
In order to apply for the NZIDRS you must meet ALL five eligibility criteria.
These criteria are non-negotiable.
1. You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
2. You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
3. If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 01 July 2015
4. You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
5. You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
The NZIDRS are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the PhD research for New Zealand. Applications must propose research that has a clear, direct and tangible positive effect on:
o New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors, OR
o New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety, OR
o Research and scholarship in either of the above two areas
Before you start
Review the NZIDRS Eligibility checklist and the Required Document Checklist: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
Read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs)
Please do not apply for the NZIDRS if you do not meet all eligibility criteria or you cannot provide all required documents by 15 July 2016.
How to apply
1. Download and complete an NZIDRS application form NZIDRS Application Form, http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
2. Provide two academic references. Referees must send their reports directly to email@example.com. The referee letter and report template can be downloaded from http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
3. Provide a provisional supervision form provisional supervision form from the Head of School or Associate Dean of postgraduate at your intended New Zealand University. Forms are available from: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
4. Answer all questions by completing all fields of your application form and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2016.
Application cannot be accepted before 15/04/2016.
Clinical Co Ordinator/Ce Midwifery, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 21 days ago
Faculty of Health & Environmental Sciences School of Clinical Sciences Clinical Co-ordinator/ Clinical Educator(Midwifery) (0.8) Permanent AUT is New Zealand's most contemporary university, with a...
Senior It Technical Consultant Ag Research, AgResearch, New Zealand, 15 days ago
Senior IT Technical Consultant Design and deliver exciting new infrastructure solutions Shape the direction of IT infrastructure Great Learning and Development opportunities The Organisation Makin...
Banquet Chef De Partie, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Chef de partie - AUT University Do you want to work for a great employer in a growing catering operation? We have a position available for a chef de partie to be part of the team in our busy AUT c...
Student Hub Cashier, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Student Hub Cashier Student Hub, Student Services & Administration Full Time Permanent Join New Zealand's fastest growing and second largest University! Make a significant contribution to the succ...
Screen Printing Etching Lithography Technician, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 5 days ago
Technician - Screen PrintingSchool of Art and Design FULL TIME PERMANENT AUT University School of Art & Design - Screen Printing technical support staff AUT's School of Art + Design is one of New ...
International Student Advisor, Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 11 days ago
International Student Advisor Exciting combination of frontline customer service and Helping students achieve entry to the right programmes Part of a transforming team focussed on success The New ...