Closing date: 15/07/2017
The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years (36 months):
New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies
An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax free)
Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually
Who Can Apply?
The NZIDRS is a prestigious, highly competitive scholarship. It is awarded based on academic excellence and the benefit of the candidate’s proposed research to New Zealand. Recipients of this award will have an academic record placing them within the top 5% of PhD candidates worldwide.
Recipients can undertake PhD study in any discipline at any of New Zealand eight Universities:
University of Auckland,
University of Canterbury,
University of Otago,
University of Waikato,
Victoria University of Wellington.
In order to apply for the NZIDRS you must meet ALL five eligibility criteria.
These criteria are non-negotiable.
1. You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
2. You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
3. If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 01 July 2015
4. You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
5. You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
The NZIDRS are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the PhD research for New Zealand. Applications must propose research that has a clear, direct and tangible positive effect on:
o New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors, OR
o New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety, OR
o Research and scholarship in either of the above two areas
Before you start
Review the NZIDRS Eligibility checklist and the Required Document Checklist: http://www.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/how-to-apply/scholarships/501047/6931998/new-zealand-international-doctoral-research-scholarships-%28nzidrs%29
Read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions http://www.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/how-to-apply/scholarships/501047/6931998/new-zealand-international-doctoral-research-scholarships-%28nzidrs%29
Please do not apply for the NZIDRS if you do not meet all eligibility criteria or you cannot provide all required documents by 15 July 2016.
How to apply
1. Download and complete an NZIDRS application form NZIDRS Application Form, http://www.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/how-to-apply/scholarships/501047/6931998/new-zealand-international-doctoral-research-scholarships-%28nzidrs%29
2. Provide two academic references. Referees must send their reports directly to email@example.com. The referee letter and report template can be downloaded from http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
3. Provide a provisional supervision form provisional supervision form from the Head of School or Associate Dean of postgraduate at your intended New Zealand University. Forms are available from: http://www.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/how-to-apply/scholarships/501047/6931998/new-zealand-international-doctoral-research-scholarships-%28nzidrs%29
4. Answer all questions by completing all fields of your application form and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2016.
Application cannot be accepted before 15/04/2017.
The George Mason Scholarship In Marine Science, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 1 day ago
Value: Please see tenure of award Tenure of award: NZ$35,000 per annum for fees and stipend scholars, plus research costs to cover fieldwork and consumbles Closing dates for applications: 25 Octob...
Research Officer Fixed Term, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 2 days ago
Research Officer - Fixed Term New Zealand Tourism Research Institute The New Zealand Tourism Research Institute at The Auckland University of Technology brings together experts from around the wor...
19085 Scientist, Applied Entomology Plant & Food Research, Plant & Food Research, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Plant & Food Research's Applied Entomology Group delivers entomological research solutions to New Zealand's major horticultural sectors with regionally-based teams working closely with the pipfrui...
Research Leader In Wood Science Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 17 days ago
Research Leader in Wood Science and Engineering Can you look into the future of wood science? Can you lead a team to establish new IP and knowledge through innovation? Does the idea of a lunchtime...
19351 General Manager Māori Development Landcare Research, Landcare Research, New Zealand, 4 days ago
Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research is one of seven Crown Research Institutes. It is focussed on driving innovation in the management of New Zealand's terrestrial biodiversity and land resources. Emp...
Senior .Net Developer, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 26 days ago
High energy, high impact and innovative role at New Zealand's fastest growing University 6 month fixed term starting ASAP AUT requires a senior Microsoft .NET Developer to join the team in an imme...