Closing date: 15/07/2015
Applications are now open for the 2014 round of the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS)
The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
The NZIDRS cover:
University tuition fees and associated student levies for 3 years
An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 or NZ$2083.33 per month for 36 months
Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually for 3 years
Recipients can undertake PhD study in any discipline at any of New Zealand eight Universities:
University of Auckland,
University of Canterbury,
University of Otago,
University of Waikato,
Victoria University of Wellington.
In order to receive the scholarship, you must meet ALL five of the following eligibility criterion.
1. be a citizen of any country except New Zealand, Australia and Fiji
2. hold a minimum equivalent 3.6/4.0 GPA OR A / A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
3. conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
4. meet the requirements for direct entry into a PhD programme at a New Zealand University. This includes; having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
5. If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 15 January 2014
The scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the proposed research for New Zealand.
Research projects should have a tangible, positive effect on:
New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors
Or, New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety
Or, Research and scholarship in the above two areas
Before you start
Review the NZIDRS Eligibility checklist and the Required Document Checklist: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
Read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs)
Please do not apply for the NZIDRS if you do not meet all eligibility criteria or you cannot provide all required documents by 15 July 2014.
How to apply
1. Download and complete an NZIDRS application form NZIDRS Application Form, http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
2. Provide two academic references. Referees must send their reports directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The referee letter and report template can be downloaded from http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
3. Provide a provisional supervision form provisional supervision form from the Head of School or Associate Dean of postgraduate at your intended New Zealand University. Forms are available from: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
4. Answer all questions by completing all fields of your application form and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2014.
Application cannot be accepted before 15/04/2015.
Associate Lectureship (Research Tutors), RMIT University, Australia, 30 days ago
0.23 full-time equivalent of $59,488 p.a. + super School of Medical Sciences postgraduate research scholarship of $15,000 p.a. Plus student support of up to $3000 during candidature RMIT is a glob...
Pat Walsh Scholarship For Second Year Students, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 14 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award This scholarship was established by Emeritus Professor Pat Wals...
Risk Specialist, Gns Science, New Zealand, Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology, New Zealand, 28 days ago
Risk Specialist, GNS Science, New Zealand Natural Hazards Group, GNS Science, New Zealand Posted: 09/25/2014 Open Until: 10/24/2014 New Zealand is a very active geological environment within which...
Ursula Bethell/Creative New Zealand Residency In Creative Writing 2015, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 25 days ago
Job Description Job Title: Ursula Bethell/Creative New Zealand Residency in Creative Writing 2015 Job ID: 2362 Location: College of Arts Full/Part Time: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Temporary Retu...
» Nicta Anu Advanced Computing Research & Development Excellence Scholarship, Australian National University, Australia, 6 days ago
This scholarship is offered by NICTA and the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science. Field of study Computer Science Value $10,000 pa Duration Maximum of 4 years Number on offer To Be De...
Nautical Lecturer Fixed Term, Manukau Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 30 days ago
Nautical Lecturer - Fixed Term New Zealand Maritime School Do you believe that maritime training is about creating professional mariners who operate at industry best practice standards? Are you co...