Closing date: 15/07/2015
Applications are now open for the 2014 round of the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS)
The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
The NZIDRS cover:
University tuition fees and associated student levies for 3 years
An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 or NZ$2083.33 per month for 36 months
Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually for 3 years
Recipients can undertake PhD study in any discipline at any of New Zealand eight Universities:
University of Auckland,
University of Canterbury,
University of Otago,
University of Waikato,
Victoria University of Wellington.
In order to receive the scholarship, you must meet ALL five of the following eligibility criterion.
1. be a citizen of any country except New Zealand, Australia and Fiji
2. hold a minimum equivalent 3.6/4.0 GPA OR A / A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
3. conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
4. meet the requirements for direct entry into a PhD programme at a New Zealand University. This includes; having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
5. If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 15 January 2014
The scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the proposed research for New Zealand.
Research projects should have a tangible, positive effect on:
New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors
Or, New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety
Or, Research and scholarship in the above two areas
Before you start
Review the NZIDRS Eligibility checklist and the Required Document Checklist: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
Read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs)
Please do not apply for the NZIDRS if you do not meet all eligibility criteria or you cannot provide all required documents by 15 July 2014.
How to apply
1. Download and complete an NZIDRS application form NZIDRS Application Form, http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
2. Provide two academic references. Referees must send their reports directly to email@example.com. The referee letter and report template can be downloaded from http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
3. Provide a provisional supervision form provisional supervision form from the Head of School or Associate Dean of postgraduate at your intended New Zealand University. Forms are available from: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
4. Answer all questions by completing all fields of your application form and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2014.
Application cannot be accepted before 15/04/2015.
Ey Scholarship In Information Systems, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 23 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award The EY Scholarship in Information Systems was established to en...
Clincal Educator/Registered Nurse, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 5 hours ago
Clinical Educator / Registered Nurse School of Clinical Sciences Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences Full time, fixed term position to November 2015 The department of Nursing within the S...
Faculty Of Arts And Social Sciences Undergraduate Student Merit Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 19 days ago
To support continuing, full-time undergraduate UTS Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences students who demonstrate financial need or other educational disadvantage(s). Value and duration This Scholar...
Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer In Financial Accounting, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, about 3 hours ago
Job Description Job Title: Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer in Financial Accounting Job ID: 2521 Location: College of Business and Law Full/Part Time: Full-Time Regular/Temporary: Regu...
Business Analyst Research Systems, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 13 days ago
Business Analyst - Research Systems ICT Services Full time / Permanent AUT University is New Zealand's most contemporary University, offering an exceptional student experience and a stimulating te...
Hourly Paid Lecturer Politics & Society, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 1 day ago
School of Social Sciences & Public Policy HOURLY PAID (Maximum 0.5 FTE) AUT University's School of Social Sciences & Public Policy is looking to appoint hourly paid Lecturers to teach the followin...