Closing date: 15/07/2017
The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years (36 months):
New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies
An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax free)
Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually
Who Can Apply?
The NZIDRS is a prestigious, highly competitive scholarship. It is awarded based on academic excellence and the benefit of the candidate’s proposed research to New Zealand. Recipients of this award will have an academic record placing them within the top 5% of PhD candidates worldwide.
Recipients can undertake PhD study in any discipline at any of New Zealand eight Universities:
University of Auckland,
University of Canterbury,
University of Otago,
University of Waikato,
Victoria University of Wellington.
In order to apply for the NZIDRS you must meet ALL five eligibility criteria.
These criteria are non-negotiable.
1. You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
2. You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
3. If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 01 July 2015
4. You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
5. You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
The NZIDRS are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the PhD research for New Zealand. Applications must propose research that has a clear, direct and tangible positive effect on:
o New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors, OR
o New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety, OR
o Research and scholarship in either of the above two areas
Before you start
Review the NZIDRS Eligibility checklist and the Required Document Checklist: http://www.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/how-to-apply/scholarships/501047/6931998/new-zealand-international-doctoral-research-scholarships-%28nzidrs%29
Read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions http://www.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/how-to-apply/scholarships/501047/6931998/new-zealand-international-doctoral-research-scholarships-%28nzidrs%29
Please do not apply for the NZIDRS if you do not meet all eligibility criteria or you cannot provide all required documents by 15 July 2016.
How to apply
1. Download and complete an NZIDRS application form NZIDRS Application Form, http://www.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/how-to-apply/scholarships/501047/6931998/new-zealand-international-doctoral-research-scholarships-%28nzidrs%29
2. Provide two academic references. Referees must send their reports directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The referee letter and report template can be downloaded from http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
3. Provide a provisional supervision form provisional supervision form from the Head of School or Associate Dean of postgraduate at your intended New Zealand University. Forms are available from: http://www.studyinnewzealand.govt.nz/how-to-apply/scholarships/501047/6931998/new-zealand-international-doctoral-research-scholarships-%28nzidrs%29
4. Answer all questions by completing all fields of your application form and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2016.
Application cannot be accepted before 15/04/2017.
Pacific Health Scholarships 2017, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 24 days ago
Value: Contribution to course fees. (see "Additional Information"). Closing dates for applications: 01 February 2017 Number of awards offered: variable, 168 awarded for 2016. History or background...
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer Advertising Creativity, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, about 1 month ago
Join the only New Zealand University that teaches Advertising Creativity specifically and at degree level. Our School of Communication Studies is ranked in the world's top 200 (QS Rankings 2016 ) ...
Ph D Scholarship From The Institute Of Environmental Science And Research Ltd (Esr), New Zealand Esr, ESR, New Zealand, 14 days ago
PhD scholarship from the Institute of Environmental Science and Research Ltd (ESR), New Zealand Studying Legionella mobility and persistence in engineered water systems using micro mimics We are s...
Fisheries Scientist Niwa, NIWA, New Zealand, 6 days ago
NIWA is New Zealand's leading natural resources and environmental science services provider, specialising in atmospheric, freshwater and marine research. Our purpose is to enhance the economic val...
Master Of Arts In Linguistics (Auckland Voices) – Phonology Or Phonetics, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 18 days ago
Value: See additional information Tenure of award: March 2017-February 2018 Closing dates for applications: 12 December 2016 12 December 2016 Number of awards offered: One History or background of...
Accounting Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Specialising In Taxation), Unitech Institute of Technology, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Unitec is New Zealand's largest institute of technology, with more than 20,000 students studying over 150 work-oriented programmes at two campuses in Mt. Albert and Waitakere. Unitec has a strong ...