Closing date: 15/07/2015
Applications are now open for the 2015 round of the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS)
The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
The NZIDRS cover:
University tuition fees and associated student levies for 3 years
An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 or NZ$2083.33 per month for 36 months
Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually for 3 years
Recipients can undertake PhD study in any discipline at any of New Zealand eight Universities:
University of Auckland,
University of Canterbury,
University of Otago,
University of Waikato,
Victoria University of Wellington.
In order to receive the scholarship, you must meet ALL five of the following eligibility criterion.
1. be a citizen of any country except New Zealand, Australia and Fiji
2. hold a minimum equivalent 3.6/4.0 GPA OR A / A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
3. conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
4. meet the requirements for direct entry into a PhD programme at a New Zealand University. This includes; having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
5. If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 15 January 2015
The scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the proposed research for New Zealand.
Research projects should have a tangible, positive effect on:
New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors
Or, New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety
Or, Research and scholarship in the above two areas
Before you start
Review the NZIDRS Eligibility checklist and the Required Document Checklist: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
Read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs)
Please do not apply for the NZIDRS if you do not meet all eligibility criteria or you cannot provide all required documents by 15 July 2015.
How to apply
1. Download and complete an NZIDRS application form NZIDRS Application Form, http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
2. Provide two academic references. Referees must send their reports directly to email@example.com. The referee letter and report template can be downloaded from http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
3. Provide a provisional supervision form provisional supervision form from the Head of School or Associate Dean of postgraduate at your intended New Zealand University. Forms are available from: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
4. Answer all questions by completing all fields of your application form and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2015.
Application cannot be accepted before 15/04/2015.
Professor Of Tourism, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 22 days ago
School of Hospitality and Tourism and New Zealand Tourism Research Institute Fulltime/Permanent Faculty of Culture and Society The University is a leading institution for tourism, hospitality, cul...
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer, Finance, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 21 days ago
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Teaching Path) Position in Finance Faculty of Business and Law Fixed Term (2 years) The Faculty of Business and Law has a reputation as a leading provider of innovative p...
Admissions Administrator Fixed Term, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 23 days ago
Admissions Administrator University Relations Full Time Fixed Term Pivotal role in the University Admissions Office Experience in administration and customer service Organisation that encourages f...
The Heart Foundation Health Professional Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 4 days ago
Funding Body: Research Title: The Heart Foundation Health Professional Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Funding is available to encourage and sup...
Data & Reporting Analyst, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 22 days ago
Build the reporting capability into our new HR, Payroll and Finance system Utilise your SQL expertise Full time, Permanent role in NZ’s fastest growing University AUT University has a 100 plus yea...
Milthorpe Scholarship In Science, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 12 days ago
The Milthorpe Scholarship in Science was generously donated by Prof. Bruce Milthorpe, Dean of Science at UTS. The Scholarship was established to support undergraduate and postgraduate coursework s...