Closing date: 15/07/2016
The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years (36 months):
New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies
An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax free)
Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually
Who Can Apply?
The NZIDRS is a prestigious, highly competitive scholarship. It is awarded based on academic excellence and the benefit of the candidate’s proposed research to New Zealand. Recipients of this award will have an academic record placing them within the top 5% of PhD candidates worldwide.
Recipients can undertake PhD study in any discipline at any of New Zealand eight Universities:
University of Auckland,
University of Canterbury,
University of Otago,
University of Waikato,
Victoria University of Wellington.
In order to apply for the NZIDRS you must meet ALL five eligibility criteria.
These criteria are non-negotiable.
1. You must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
2. You must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university
3. If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 01 July 2015
4. You must conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
5. You must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
The NZIDRS are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the PhD research for New Zealand. Applications must propose research that has a clear, direct and tangible positive effect on:
o New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors, OR
o New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety, OR
o Research and scholarship in either of the above two areas
Before you start
Review the NZIDRS Eligibility checklist and the Required Document Checklist: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
Read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs)
Please do not apply for the NZIDRS if you do not meet all eligibility criteria or you cannot provide all required documents by 15 July 2016.
How to apply
1. Download and complete an NZIDRS application form NZIDRS Application Form, http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
2. Provide two academic references. Referees must send their reports directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The referee letter and report template can be downloaded from http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
3. Provide a provisional supervision form provisional supervision form from the Head of School or Associate Dean of postgraduate at your intended New Zealand University. Forms are available from: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
4. Answer all questions by completing all fields of your application form and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2016.
Application cannot be accepted before 15/04/2016.
Ph D Student, Proteins & Biomaterials Lincoln Ag Research, AgResearch, New Zealand, 28 days ago
Work within a well-established science team: Proteins & Biomaterials Surround yourself with industry leading scientists and learn from the best Benefit from an innovative, ground breaking science ...
Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer In Accounting Grade 8/9 (Teaching And Scholarship Or Teaching And Research), University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
£38,896 - £62,323 pa Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Liverpool Management School (ULMS) Location: University Campus Ref: A-590877/WWW Closing date for receipt of applicati...
Scientist Molecular Biology/Microbial Ecology Scion, Scion, New Zealand, 28 days ago
Scion specialises in research, science and technology development for the forestry industry, wood products and wood-derived materials. We lead new technology development for renewables, bioproduct...
Professor Of Management, Faculty Of Business, Economics And Law, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 23 days ago
Do you have a history of excellent academic achievement and developing exciting projects within the broad domain of management? Join New Zealand's fastest growing Business School with a reputation...
External Communications Manager Ag Research, AgResearch, New Zealand, 30 days ago
New Leadership positions - our communications team is growing! Help shape the AgResearch communications function The Organisation AgResearch is the Crown Research Institute charged with enhancing ...
Lecturer In Economics Grade 8, University of Liverpool, United Kingdom, 18 days ago
£38,896 - £49,230 pa Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Liverpool Management School (ULMS) Location: University Campus Ref: A-590854/WWW Closing date for receipt of applicati...