Closing date: 15/07/2015
Applications are now open for the 2014 round of the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS)
The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
The NZIDRS cover:
University tuition fees and associated student levies for 3 years
An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 or NZ$2083.33 per month for 36 months
Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually for 3 years
Recipients can undertake PhD study in any discipline at any of New Zealand eight Universities:
University of Auckland,
University of Canterbury,
University of Otago,
University of Waikato,
Victoria University of Wellington.
In order to receive the scholarship, you must meet ALL five of the following eligibility criterion.
1. be a citizen of any country except New Zealand, Australia and Fiji
2. hold a minimum equivalent 3.6/4.0 GPA OR A / A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification
3. conduct your PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance)
4. meet the requirements for direct entry into a PhD programme at a New Zealand University. This includes; having completed the required academic qualifications for direct entry and meeting the requirements for English language proficiency
5. If you have commenced your PhD studies in New Zealand, your start date must be after 15 January 2014
The scholarships are awarded based on academic excellence and the impact of the proposed research for New Zealand.
Research projects should have a tangible, positive effect on:
New Zealand’s economy, in terms of international trade and business development in key sectors
Or, New Zealand’s population in terms of health and safety
Or, Research and scholarship in the above two areas
Before you start
Review the NZIDRS Eligibility checklist and the Required Document Checklist: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
Read the NZIDRS Terms and Conditions http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs)
Please do not apply for the NZIDRS if you do not meet all eligibility criteria or you cannot provide all required documents by 15 July 2014.
How to apply
1. Download and complete an NZIDRS application form NZIDRS Application Form, http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
2. Provide two academic references. Referees must send their reports directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The referee letter and report template can be downloaded from http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
3. Provide a provisional supervision form provisional supervision form from the Head of School or Associate Dean of postgraduate at your intended New Zealand University. Forms are available from: http://educationnz.govt.nz/how-we-work/scholarships/nzidrs
4. Answer all questions by completing all fields of your application form and submit your form along with ALL required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2014.
Application cannot be accepted before 15/04/2015.
Clinical Educator Podiatry, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 17 days ago
Clinical Educator - Podiatry School of Rehabilitation and Occupation Studies Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences Part time (0.4FTE), fixed term position for 12 months. AUT is New Zealand'...
Clinical Educator Musculoskeletal, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 23 days ago
Clinical Educator - Musculoskeletal Department of Physiotherapy Faculty of Health and Environmental Sciences Part time (0.5FTE), fixed term position AUT is New Zealand's most contemporary universi...
Associate Professor/Professor In Financial Accounting, University of Canterbury, New Zealand, 21 days ago
Professor/Associate Professor in Financial Accounting Department of Accounting and Information Sysytems, College of Business and Law The Department of Accounting and Information Systems (ACIS) inv...
Sprinz Coordinator, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 17 days ago
SPRINZ Coordinator Sports Performance Research Institute New Zealand School of Sport and Recreation AUT Millennium Campus Permanent, full time position AUT University's Sports Performance Research...
Odyssey Travel :Odyssey Travel Equity And Merit Scholarship, Flinders University, Australia, 29 days ago
Opening Date: 02-12-2014 Closing Date: 02-09-2015 DESCRIPTION The Odyssey Scholarship is focused on offering financial assistance for students of proven academic capability who are experiencing fi...
Community Engagement Manager South, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand, 21 days ago
Community Engagement Manager - AUT South Community Relations Full time / Permanent Community Relations works to maintain AUT University's reputation for excellence in education and help people und...