Closing date: 10/01/2016
These scholarships are established under the terms of the Will of the late Alison Muriel Caddie, the fund being administered by the William Downie Stewart Charitable Trust.
1. There shall be postgraduate scholarships to be called the Muriel Caddie Scholarship(s) in Veterinary Science.
2. The scholarship(s) shall be open to students of exceptional merit who have completed the BVSc degree at Massey University and who wish to undertake postgraduate study or training in some aspects of veterinary science.
3. The scholarship shall be awarded annually as funds permit. The emolument for each scholarship will be up to $4,000 per annum but greater or lesser amounts may be awarded depending upon the course taken and the funds available.
4. The scholarship(s) may be awarded for from one to three years depending on the study programme being undertaken. In exceptional circumstances the scholarship may be awarded for a lesser period of time.
5. Where a scholarship is awarded for more than one year its continuance for each additional year shall depend on suitable reports of the candidate's progress being received from the supervisor of the candidate's study programme.
6. Recommendations for an award shall be primarily based on the candidate's academic attainment during the BVSc degree.
7. The scholarship(s) may be held in conjunction with other awards.
8. The scholarship(s) shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Executive of the Institute of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences.
9. If for any reason there are no applicants, or applicants are deemed unsuitable, the income shall be accumulated and according to the judgement of the University either more Scholarships or a Scholarship of greater value shall be offered later.
10. One half of the emolument of the scholarship(s) shall be paid in March and the balance in August.
11. Application forms are available from the Research and Postgraduate Studies office, IVABS, and should be submitted to the Scholarships Office by 10 January each year. However, in special circumstances and when finance permits, consideration may be given to applications received other than by the normal closing date.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Japanese Language: Sasakawa Fellowship Fund Undergraduate Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 23 days ago
History or background of award In 1995, Massey University received a generous endowment from the Sasakawa Foundation of Tokyo, now the Nippon Foundation, to fund a programme for the enhancement of...
Scholarship Administrator, University of Montevallo, United States, 3 days ago
Title: Scholarship Administrator Control Number: 0400639 Level: Professional Department Student Financial Services Division: Business Affairs Position Type Full-Time Regular, 12-month position FLS...
The Nevada Sagebrush – Editor In Chief, University of Nevada, Reno, United States, 12 days ago
Posting Details Posting Details Job Title The Nevada Sagebrush – Editor-In-Chief Position Type Student Department ASUN Management Department Web Address http://nevadasagebrush.com Job Description ...
German Academic Exchange Service (Daad) Funding Opportunities For Australian Researchers (One Year Grants), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 18 days ago
Research One Year Grants: These one-year research grants provide foreign doctoral candidates and young academics and scientists with an opportunity to carry out research and continue their educati...
Postgraduate Scholarship On The Prevention Of Lower Back Pain In Workers, University of Sydney, Australia, 6 days ago
Funding Body: The George Institute Title: Postgraduate Scholarship on the Prevention of Lower Back Pain in Workers Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A one yea...
Assistant Professor (Tenure Track) Professor / Tenure Track Assistant Professor In Bioinformatics, The University of Helsinki, Finland, 29 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (02/03/2015 11.52) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...