The School of Management is seeking to appoint two multimedia user support analysts (one based on the University’s Albany Campus and one based on the Manawatu Campus) to work with and support academic and professional staff in their development of rich, pedagogically-informed multi-media materials and activities. Applicants will need a high degree of computer literacy and a well-developed knowledge of editing software and multimedia packages.
Location:Palmerston North or Albany
Term of Contract:Permanent
Salary Package:$46,129 - $65,179 pa
Closing Date:16 February 2014
School of Management
College of Business
As part of the School of Management’s contribution to the University’s goal of providing an exceptional and distinctive learning experience, it is seeking to improve the quality, reach and depth of use of digital technologies in its teaching and learning activities. In order to achieve its aim in this area, the school is looking to appoint two multimedia user support analysts - one based in Albany and one based in Manawatu. The successful applicants’ primary tasks will be to work with and support academic and professional staff in their development of rich, pedagogically-informed multi-media materials and activities including video, simulations and rich interactive learning resources. Applicants will need a high degree of computer literacy and a well-developed knowledge of editing software and multimedia packages. Some experience with web development and/or Moodle support would be desirable, as would an appreciation of existing online learning approaches. However, a willingness to learn and a desire to work with others in order to extend the existing boundaries of digital learning design and practice would be most welcome.
The Multi Media User Support Analyst will work with and support academic and professional staff:
1. in the development of computer based learning, teaching and research resources;
2. to promote self sufficient use of multi media services by providing advice, training and support.
Head of School through Associate Head of School
- Liaise with Staff and Students on their plans for the use of multimedia or computer-communication technology and their use of the University information technology services.
- Advise users on the appropriate use of information-communication technology in line with University information technology strategy, policy and practice.
- Provide training and documentation on systems and software use, both to individuals and groups.
User Support - Multimedia
- Provide filming, editing and post-production coordination and support to staff users requiring multimedia materials (video, audio, CD-Rom, DVD, web & presentation etc) for teaching, research and community projects.
- Provide instructional design and training coordination and support to staff and student users undertaking multimedia material self-development for teaching, research and community projects.
-Advise staff and student users on the appropriate use of multimedia technologies and copyright compliance in line with University strategy, policy and practice.
-Advise the School on ways in which multimedia technology investment can be most effectively aligned with University technology strategy, policy and practice to deliver cost effective and efficient support for teaching and research functions.
- Maintain the asset database and assist with the purchasing of new equipment
- Manage, maintain, and audit School’s multimedia and presentation equipment assets (e.g website) –in line with University Finance Operations, Equipment & Insurance Office and ITS policy and practice.
- Advise, develop and maintain the School’s online presence.
- Liaise with Associate Head of School (Albany/ Palmerston North) on additional or non-routine support requests, problems or job time-management and resource conflicts.
- Other duties as directed by the Associate Head of School or the Head of School.
- Contribute as a member of the School and College and network with other computer consultants in the area.
A diploma or degree in information technology would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of multi-media support within a large organisation would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in using multi-media in research, teaching or administration is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and delivery of support documentation and conducting training.
- Technical knowledge of PC and Macintosh computers and multi-media.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Personal Attributes, Behaviours, Competencies
- Demonstrated commitment to deliver quality client focused service through adherence to the University Service Delivery framework.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a clear set of task priorities while working under situations of pressure
- Demonstrated ability to train staff and explain solutions in a manner that is understandable to all user levels.
- Sound understanding of office and some business related computer applications.
- Competence in a variety of computer operating environments.
- Competence in incident and problem definition and solution.
- Competence in the use of a range of standard and relevant technical and multi-media software packages.
- Familiarity with a networking environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Desire to continue to learn, develop and share IT skills.
Dynamic Media Designer, North Carolina State University, United States, 22 days ago
Vacancy Type EPA Non-Faculty Is Internal Transfer Only No Working Title Dynamic Media Designer Salary Range Anticipated Hiring Range $47,000 - $55,000 Position Number 00104235 Work Schedule Monday...
Classified Staff, University of Oregon, United States, 26 days ago
70% Technical support to faculty, staff and students for technology-based systems. Respond to requests from faculty, staff and students for training and support. Utilize project management tools ...
Digital Multimedia Coordinator, Johnson C. Smith University, United States, 8 days ago
DIGITAL MULTIMEDIA COORDINATOR POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT Position: DIGITAL MULTIMEDIA COORDINATOR Department: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY Division: ...
Specialist Associate (Education Technology), National University of Singapore, Singapore, 11 days ago
Specialist Associate (Education Technology) Department: Dean's Office (School of Medicine) Reference No: DONac28 Post Date:19 Sep 14 Close Date: Duties & Responsibilities • To develop innov...
Media Technician Specialist, Harvard University, United States, 20 days ago
Auto req ID 33725BR Business Title Media Technician Specialist School/Unit Harvard Kennedy School Sub-Unit ------------ Location USA - MA - Cambridge Job Function Communications Time Status ...
12100 Classroom Technology Support Specialist, Indiana University, United States, 19 days ago
Under minimal supervision, provide a variety of tasks related to the provision of support to classroom technology users. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Serve as technology coordinator and team member...
Senior Instructional Designer, University of the Pacific, United States, 16 days ago
Position Information Job Title Senior Instructional Designer Union Level Department Center for Teaching & Learning Campus Stockton Posting Number 201300314P Full or Part Time Full Time Number of M...
(Va314) Media Production Specialist Ii, The California State University, United States, 27 days ago
Campus: Chico Job ID: VA314 Job Title: (VA314) MEDIA PRODUCTION SPECIALIST II Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: September 4, 2014 Closing Date: September 25, 2014 Link ...
Media Specialist, Senior, The University of Arizona, United States, 27 days ago
Position Title Media Specialist, Senior Job Number 56367 Department 3301-College of Nursing College/Division Posted Rate of Pay DOE Exempt / Non-Exempt Exempt Category Classified: Regular Name of ...
Cyber Security Faculty Position, Asst. Professor, State University of New York, United States, 1 day ago
About University at Albany: Established in 1844 and designated a University Center of the State University of New York in 1962, the University at Albany's broad mission of excellence in undergradu...