The School of Management is seeking to appoint two multimedia user support analysts (one based on the University’s Albany Campus and one based on the Manawatu Campus) to work with and support academic and professional staff in their development of rich, pedagogically-informed multi-media materials and activities. Applicants will need a high degree of computer literacy and a well-developed knowledge of editing software and multimedia packages.
Location:Palmerston North or Albany
Term of Contract:Permanent
Salary Package:$46,129 - $65,179 pa
Closing Date:16 February 2014
School of Management
College of Business
As part of the School of Management’s contribution to the University’s goal of providing an exceptional and distinctive learning experience, it is seeking to improve the quality, reach and depth of use of digital technologies in its teaching and learning activities. In order to achieve its aim in this area, the school is looking to appoint two multimedia user support analysts - one based in Albany and one based in Manawatu. The successful applicants’ primary tasks will be to work with and support academic and professional staff in their development of rich, pedagogically-informed multi-media materials and activities including video, simulations and rich interactive learning resources. Applicants will need a high degree of computer literacy and a well-developed knowledge of editing software and multimedia packages. Some experience with web development and/or Moodle support would be desirable, as would an appreciation of existing online learning approaches. However, a willingness to learn and a desire to work with others in order to extend the existing boundaries of digital learning design and practice would be most welcome.
The Multi Media User Support Analyst will work with and support academic and professional staff:
1. in the development of computer based learning, teaching and research resources;
2. to promote self sufficient use of multi media services by providing advice, training and support.
Head of School through Associate Head of School
- Liaise with Staff and Students on their plans for the use of multimedia or computer-communication technology and their use of the University information technology services.
- Advise users on the appropriate use of information-communication technology in line with University information technology strategy, policy and practice.
- Provide training and documentation on systems and software use, both to individuals and groups.
User Support - Multimedia
- Provide filming, editing and post-production coordination and support to staff users requiring multimedia materials (video, audio, CD-Rom, DVD, web & presentation etc) for teaching, research and community projects.
- Provide instructional design and training coordination and support to staff and student users undertaking multimedia material self-development for teaching, research and community projects.
-Advise staff and student users on the appropriate use of multimedia technologies and copyright compliance in line with University strategy, policy and practice.
-Advise the School on ways in which multimedia technology investment can be most effectively aligned with University technology strategy, policy and practice to deliver cost effective and efficient support for teaching and research functions.
- Maintain the asset database and assist with the purchasing of new equipment
- Manage, maintain, and audit School’s multimedia and presentation equipment assets (e.g website) –in line with University Finance Operations, Equipment & Insurance Office and ITS policy and practice.
- Advise, develop and maintain the School’s online presence.
- Liaise with Associate Head of School (Albany/ Palmerston North) on additional or non-routine support requests, problems or job time-management and resource conflicts.
- Other duties as directed by the Associate Head of School or the Head of School.
- Contribute as a member of the School and College and network with other computer consultants in the area.
A diploma or degree in information technology would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of multi-media support within a large organisation would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in using multi-media in research, teaching or administration is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and delivery of support documentation and conducting training.
- Technical knowledge of PC and Macintosh computers and multi-media.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Personal Attributes, Behaviours, Competencies
- Demonstrated commitment to deliver quality client focused service through adherence to the University Service Delivery framework.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a clear set of task priorities while working under situations of pressure
- Demonstrated ability to train staff and explain solutions in a manner that is understandable to all user levels.
- Sound understanding of office and some business related computer applications.
- Competence in a variety of computer operating environments.
- Competence in incident and problem definition and solution.
- Competence in the use of a range of standard and relevant technical and multi-media software packages.
- Familiarity with a networking environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Desire to continue to learn, develop and share IT skills.
Senior Instructional Multimedia Designer, Babson College, United States, 4 days ago
Senior Instructional Multimedia Designer | | Posting Details Position Details Posting Number 59-2016 Posting Title Senior Instructional Multimedia Designer Position Summary Information Job Descrip...
Media Services Technician, Yeshiva University, United States, 21 days ago
Founded in 1886, Yeshiva University (YU) has a strong tradition of combining Jewish scholarship with academic excellence and achievement in the liberal arts, sciences, medicine, law, business, so...
Digital Humanities Research Officer, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom, 27 days ago
Job Purpose To take a leading role in the online presentation of research connected with the Arts and Humanities Research Council strategic theme of ‘Digital Transformations’ and the AHRC funded ‘...
Senior Project Editor Multimedia West Lafayette Marketing & Media, Purdue University, United States, 29 days ago
Senior Project Editor Multimedia - West Lafayette - Marketing & Media( Job Number: 1600843) Description Serve as senior project editor multimedia for select large-scale publications produced by Pu...
Technical Support Specialist I, Phs Support Services, University of the Pacific, United States, 21 days ago
Position Information Job Title Technical Support Specialist I, PHS Support Services Union Level Department Pharmacy - Administration Campus Stockton Posting Number 201300748P Full or Part Time Ful...
Arts Laboratory Specialist, University of Southern California, United States, 26 days ago
Requisition ID 1006181 Position ID P01468942 Academic Title Arts Laboratory Specialist Department School of Cinematic Arts Location University Park Campus Employment Type Full-Time Percent of time...