The School of Management is seeking to appoint two multimedia user support analysts (one based on the University’s Albany Campus and one based on the Manawatu Campus) to work with and support academic and professional staff in their development of rich, pedagogically-informed multi-media materials and activities. Applicants will need a high degree of computer literacy and a well-developed knowledge of editing software and multimedia packages.
Location:Palmerston North or Albany
Term of Contract:Permanent
Salary Package:$46,129 - $65,179 pa
Closing Date:16 February 2014
School of Management
College of Business
As part of the School of Management’s contribution to the University’s goal of providing an exceptional and distinctive learning experience, it is seeking to improve the quality, reach and depth of use of digital technologies in its teaching and learning activities. In order to achieve its aim in this area, the school is looking to appoint two multimedia user support analysts - one based in Albany and one based in Manawatu. The successful applicants’ primary tasks will be to work with and support academic and professional staff in their development of rich, pedagogically-informed multi-media materials and activities including video, simulations and rich interactive learning resources. Applicants will need a high degree of computer literacy and a well-developed knowledge of editing software and multimedia packages. Some experience with web development and/or Moodle support would be desirable, as would an appreciation of existing online learning approaches. However, a willingness to learn and a desire to work with others in order to extend the existing boundaries of digital learning design and practice would be most welcome.
The Multi Media User Support Analyst will work with and support academic and professional staff:
1. in the development of computer based learning, teaching and research resources;
2. to promote self sufficient use of multi media services by providing advice, training and support.
Head of School through Associate Head of School
- Liaise with Staff and Students on their plans for the use of multimedia or computer-communication technology and their use of the University information technology services.
- Advise users on the appropriate use of information-communication technology in line with University information technology strategy, policy and practice.
- Provide training and documentation on systems and software use, both to individuals and groups.
User Support - Multimedia
- Provide filming, editing and post-production coordination and support to staff users requiring multimedia materials (video, audio, CD-Rom, DVD, web & presentation etc) for teaching, research and community projects.
- Provide instructional design and training coordination and support to staff and student users undertaking multimedia material self-development for teaching, research and community projects.
-Advise staff and student users on the appropriate use of multimedia technologies and copyright compliance in line with University strategy, policy and practice.
-Advise the School on ways in which multimedia technology investment can be most effectively aligned with University technology strategy, policy and practice to deliver cost effective and efficient support for teaching and research functions.
- Maintain the asset database and assist with the purchasing of new equipment
- Manage, maintain, and audit School’s multimedia and presentation equipment assets (e.g website) –in line with University Finance Operations, Equipment & Insurance Office and ITS policy and practice.
- Advise, develop and maintain the School’s online presence.
- Liaise with Associate Head of School (Albany/ Palmerston North) on additional or non-routine support requests, problems or job time-management and resource conflicts.
- Other duties as directed by the Associate Head of School or the Head of School.
- Contribute as a member of the School and College and network with other computer consultants in the area.
A diploma or degree in information technology would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of multi-media support within a large organisation would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in using multi-media in research, teaching or administration is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and delivery of support documentation and conducting training.
- Technical knowledge of PC and Macintosh computers and multi-media.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities, Personal Attributes, Behaviours, Competencies
- Demonstrated commitment to deliver quality client focused service through adherence to the University Service Delivery framework.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a clear set of task priorities while working under situations of pressure
- Demonstrated ability to train staff and explain solutions in a manner that is understandable to all user levels.
- Sound understanding of office and some business related computer applications.
- Competence in a variety of computer operating environments.
- Competence in incident and problem definition and solution.
- Competence in the use of a range of standard and relevant technical and multi-media software packages.
- Familiarity with a networking environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Desire to continue to learn, develop and share IT skills.
Multimedia Designer, Clayton State University, United States, 11 days ago
Business Title Technical Design Professional Job Title Multimedia Designer Posting Number S2012304 Position Type Staff Position Summary The Center for Instructional Development is seeking an exper...
Senior Multimedia Developer, American Career College and West Coast University, United States, 22 days ago
Senior Multimedia Developer (SHA000027) Description : American Career College and West Coast University are industry leaders in helping individuals pursue their educational and professional dream...
Instructional Multimedia Production Specialist 1, University of Washington, United States, 26 days ago
The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence i...
Information Technology Consultant Foundation, Imperial Valley, The California State University, United States, 25 days ago
Campus: San Diego Job ID: 5620 Job Title: Information Technology Consultant - Foundation, Imperial Valley Appointment Type: Temporary Time Base: Full-Time Date Posted: January 7, 2015 Closing Date...
Specialist Associate (Education Technology) , National University of Singapore, Singapore, 9 days ago
Specialist Associate (Education Technology) Department: Dean's Office (School of Medicine) Reference No: DONac28 Post Date:23 Jan 15 Close Date: Duties & Responsibilities • To develop innov...
Media Coordinator (National Research Foundation), National Research Foundation, South Africa, 4 days ago
The South African Agency for Science and Technology Advancement (SAASTA) is a business unit of the NRF with the mandate to steer young minds towards careers in science, technology and innovation; ...