Closing date: 01/10/2015
These scholarships were established by a gift from the late Mr Lovell Clark and Mrs Berys Clark in December 2002. Mr and Mrs Clark wished to make a major contribution to the scholarship of students undertaking study at a postgraduate level. Mr Clark was never able to undertake formal tertiary study himself and wishes to make it possible for others to enjoy what he had missed. Mrs Clark has completed a degree extramurally at Massey University and values the opportunity she had. Mr and Mrs Clark farmed together in South Auckland for many years, and Mrs Clark continues to raise calves for the beef industry on the property.
The Lovell and Berys Clark Scholarships Fund is to enable scholarships to be granted to graduates of any of the eight New Zealand universities who are enrolled at Massey University in postgraduate studies (including Master's & PhD level).
1. Up to four scholarships shall be awarded annually and the recipients shall be called the "Clark Scholars".
2. The value of each scholarship will be determined by the Committee at its sole discretion. The value of a scholarship awarded to any recipient may differ from that awarded to another recipient.
3. The scholarships shall be awarded on academic merit by the Scholarships Committee (although Mrs Clark has expressed that this is not necessarily 'the best' acasdemically), and will be administered according to the Resolutions by Council of Massey University, dated 5 December 2002.
4. The Committee shall co-opt Berys Clark and her nominee on to the Committee for -
· the selection of the Clark Scholars
· any decisions concerning the amount available for Clark Scholarships in any particular year
· the investment of the Lovell and Berys Clark Scholarships Fund.
5. When making the selection the Committee shall give preference to applicants from between three broad categories:
. Industrial Design
Research should fit within these areas and have a New Zealand characteristic or have a foreseeable benefit to New Zealand.
With the exclusion of students undertaking postgraduate studies in Sociology, Anthropology, Media/Film Studies, Women/Gender Studies and Song and Dance, and any other studies requested by Berys Clark or her nominee to be excluded.
6. Applicants for the scholarships must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents and be graduates of any New Zealand university. However, recipients may reside overseas for all or part of their studies during the tenure of the scholarship.
7. The scholarships may be held concurrently with any other bursary or scholarship provided the rules applicable to that other bursary or scholarship permit the recipient to hold another award and provided the recipient is known by the University as a Clark Scholar.
8. Each scholarship may be tenable for up to a maximum of three years with payment at such times and in such amounts as the Committee at its sole discretion deems appropriate in the circumstances of each case.
9. Recipients of the Clark Scholarships for a single year may apply in successive years, not exceeding a maximum of three years in total, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria. The Committee may recommend such applicants be granted further Clark Scholarships.
10. The Committee may decline to award any scholarships in any year if there are no applicants of sufficient merit to warrant an award.
11. The Committee may suspend or cancel a scholarship if the Committee considers there are reasonable grounds to do so in the circumstances, including absence of satisfactory academic progress.
12. The Committee shall, in consultation with any representatives appointed by Mrs Clark or her estate, ensure that if for any reason the provision of scholarships from the Lovell and Berys Clark Scholarships Fund is not to continue, the Council is notified so that it can apply, in New Zealand, the income and capital of the Lovell and Berys Clark Scholarships Fund for goals and purposes it considers appropriate for the advancement of education in New Zealand.
13. Recipients of the Lovell & Berys Clark Scholarship are expected to write a brief report at the end of their tenure for forwarding to Mrs Clark.
14. Application forms, which close with the Scholarships Office on 1 October, are available from Massey Contact on each campus, or email: Contact@massey.ac.nz
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Cudos Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 11 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: CUDOS Postgraduate Scholarship Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate scholarship is avai...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Thermal Ergonomics And Multiple Sclerosis, University of Sydney, Australia, 11 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Thermal Ergonomics and Multiple Sclerosis Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research D...
Alison Watson Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
The Alison Watson Memorial Award is named in memory of Alison Watson who died at age fifty, having lived with severe crippling rheumatoid arthritis for most of her life. Alison had a great passion...
Monash International Merit Scholarship, Monash University, Australia, 29 days ago
International student scholarships Monash International Merit Scholarship Benefits Total average value of up to $50,000 (based on a 5 year degree) $10,000 for a full time study load (48 credit poi...
University Of South Australia (Unisa) :Aborigines Advancement League Grants, Flinders University, Australia, 7 days ago
Opening Date: 01-02-2015 Closing Date: 31-03-2015 DESCRIPTION Study Grants are available for Australian Indigenous and Torres Strait Islander students of the University of South Australia and Flin...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Screening And Diagnostic Test In Cancer And Chronic Kidney Disease, University of Sydney, Australia, 23 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Screening and Diagnostic Test in Cancer and Chronic Kidney Disease Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research ...