Closing date: 10/03/2016
The Kathleen Stewart Scholarships have been established to encourage female New Zealand students to obtain tertiary education in agriculture or horticulture. They were set up by Mr James Lockie Stewart, a Wellington lawyer, in memory of his wife Kathleen, who died in 1991. These scholarships are complementary to the James Lockie Stewart Scholarships for male students.
1. The Kathleen Stewart Scholarships shall each have a value of $5000 and be open to female students who are New Zealand citizens.
2. Candidates must be enrolled full-time for an undergraduate (excluding first year students) or postgraduate (excluding PhD) programme at Massey University in either agriculture, agricommerce, horticulture or equine studies.
3. The scholarships shall be awarded annually as funds permit on the recommendation of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee provided the applications are of sufficient academic merit. In most years, a total of five scholarships will be awarded.
4. In recommending the award of the scholarships the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee shall take account of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
5. The scholarship monies shall be paid in May.
6. Students who withdraw from their studies during the year in which the scholarship was awarded shall repay the money awarded to them.
7. Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made. Application forms (ASSC. 2 for Bachelor programmes, or ASSC.3 for postgraduate programmes) are available from the Scholarships Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org - PLEASE specify which form you require.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2013.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2015.
Te Kura Matai Hinengaro Bicultural Award, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award In recognition of the barriers these students may face, The Sch...
Australian Rotary Health Funding Partner Ph D Scholarships, University of Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Funding Body: Australian Rotary Health (ARH) Title: Australian Rotary Health Funding Partner PhD Scholarships Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Australian Rot...
Ph D Scholarship Investigating Decadal Glacier Variability In New Zealand, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 20 days ago
Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award One of the clearest indicators of climate variability in mountainous regions is the behaviour of...
Uts Housing Resident Networker Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
The Resident Networker program is a leadership development program for UTS Housing residents and is a vital part of the UTS Housing community. This Scholarship is an extension of the Resident Netw...
Elite Editing Thesis Write Up Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 10 days ago
The Elite Editing Thesis Write-up Scholarship provides financial assistance for one postgraduate student per year for a period of 12 weeks to free them from other forms of employment and allow the...
Ph D Scholarships, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Southern Denmark (SDU) announces a number of PhD scholarships. The selected candidates will preferably initiate their PhD projects b...