Closing date: 10/03/2017
The Kathleen Stewart Scholarships have been established to encourage female New Zealand students to obtain tertiary education in agriculture or horticulture. They were set up by Mr James Lockie Stewart, a Wellington lawyer, in memory of his wife Kathleen, who died in 1991. These scholarships are complementary to the James Lockie Stewart Scholarships for male students.
1. The Kathleen Stewart Scholarships shall each have a value of $5000 and be open to female students who are New Zealand citizens.
2. Candidates must be enrolled full-time for an undergraduate (excluding first year students) or postgraduate (excluding PhD) programme at Massey University in either agriculture, agricommerce, horticulture or equine studies.
3. The scholarships shall be awarded annually as funds permit on the recommendation of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee provided the applications are of sufficient academic merit. In most years, a total of five scholarships will be awarded.
4. In recommending the award of the scholarships the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee shall take account of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
5. The scholarship monies shall be paid in May.
6. Students who withdraw from their studies during the year in which the scholarship was awarded shall repay the money awarded to them.
7. Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made. Application forms (ASSC. 2 for Bachelor programmes, or ASSC.3 for postgraduate programmes) are available from the Scholarships Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org - PLEASE specify which form you require.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2013.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2016.
The Steglick Indigenous Women’s Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 8 days ago
Funding Body: Steglick family Title: The Steglick Indigenous Women’s Scholarship Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type All Students Description: The Steglick Indigenous Women's Scholar...
Victoria Law School Leaver Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 16 days ago
Value: $5,000 awarded as a reduction in tuition fees. See additional information for payment details. Tenure of award: Recipients are eligible to hold the Scholarship for two years. Closing dates ...
Afgw Nsw Joan Bielski Ao Scholarship (External), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 11 days ago
The aim of the AFGW NSW Joan Bielski AO Memorial Scholarship is to enable a mature aged woman to attend university and complete a first degree. Value and duration The Recipient will receive $5,000...
Postgraduate Scholarship Non Locality In Granular Flows, University of Sydney, Australia, 1 day ago
Funding Body: The University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship - Non-locality in Granular Flows Research Areas: Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: This project ...
Cranfield New Zealand Alumni Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 10 days ago
Value: See 'Additional Information' Tenure of award: One Year Closing dates for applications: 29 May 2017 All applicants for the scholarship will need to submit a separate application by 29 May 20...
Nsw Aboriginal Land Council Freddy Fricke Scholarship (External), University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 9 days ago
NSWALC is the peak Aboriginal representative body in NSW, representing a network of 120 Local Aboriginal Land Councils (LALCs) across the state. NSWALC is committed to ensuring a better future for...