Closing date: 10/03/2015
The Kathleen Stewart Scholarships have been established to encourage female New Zealand students to obtain tertiary education in agriculture or horticulture. They were set up by Mr James Lockie Stewart, a Wellington lawyer, in memory of his wife Kathleen, who died in 1991. These scholarships are complementary to the James Lockie Stewart Scholarships for male students.
1. The Kathleen Stewart Scholarships shall each have a value of $5000 and be open to female students who are New Zealand citizens.
2. Candidates must be enrolled full-time for an undergraduate (excluding first year students) or postgraduate (excluding PhD) programme at Massey University in either agriculture, agricommerce, horticulture or equine studies.
3. The scholarships shall be awarded annually as funds permit on the recommendation of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee provided the applications are of sufficient academic merit. In most years, a total of five scholarships will be awarded.
4. In recommending the award of the scholarships the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee shall take account of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
5. The scholarship monies shall be paid in May.
6. Students who withdraw from their studies during the year in which the scholarship was awarded shall repay the money awarded to them.
7. Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made. Application forms (ASSC.2 for undergraduate applicants or ASSC.3 for postgraduates) are available from Massey Contact, 0800 627 739or email: Contact@massey.ac.nz - please specify which form you require.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2013.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2014.
Ibjr Neubauer And Stephens Postgraduate Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: IBJR Neubauer and Stephens Postgraduate Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The Institute of Bone and Join...
Ph D Scholarship Graceful Capability Security, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 1 month ago
Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award Security is critically important to most programs written today, certainly to any program reacha...
Warren Trust Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 19 days ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award The Warren Trust, via the Victoria University Foundation, has p...
New Zealand Seafood Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, about 1 month ago
Application form availablehere . Full regulations can be downloaded here . (Requires Acrobat Reader ) History or background of award Launched in 2014, the New Zealand Seafood Scholarships are fund...
Aniva Scholarships 2015, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 23 days ago
History or background of award The Aniva Scholarships contribute to improving access to health services for Pacific peoples by assisting the development of the Pacific health and disability workfo...
Dafydd Lewis Scholarship, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia, 22 days ago
The Dafydd Lewis Trust provides equity and merit-based scholarships to young men who might not have otherwise received a University education due to the limited financial resources of their parent...