Closing date: 10/03/2017
The Kathleen Stewart Scholarships have been established to encourage female New Zealand students to obtain tertiary education in agriculture or horticulture. They were set up by Mr James Lockie Stewart, a Wellington lawyer, in memory of his wife Kathleen, who died in 1991. These scholarships are complementary to the James Lockie Stewart Scholarships for male students.
1. The Kathleen Stewart Scholarships shall each have a value of $5000 and be open to female students who are New Zealand citizens.
2. Candidates must be enrolled full-time for an undergraduate (excluding first year students) or postgraduate (excluding PhD) programme at Massey University in either agriculture, agricommerce, horticulture or equine studies.
3. The scholarships shall be awarded annually as funds permit on the recommendation of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee provided the applications are of sufficient academic merit. In most years, a total of five scholarships will be awarded.
4. In recommending the award of the scholarships the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee shall take account of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
5. The scholarship monies shall be paid in May.
6. Students who withdraw from their studies during the year in which the scholarship was awarded shall repay the money awarded to them.
7. Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made. Application forms (ASSC. 2 for Bachelor programmes, or ASSC.3 for postgraduate programmes) are available from the Scholarships Office email: firstname.lastname@example.org - PLEASE specify which form you require.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2013.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2016.
Britton Craigie Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 22 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Britton Craigie Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: The late Clare Rosalind Craigie generously bequeathed ...
Postgraduate Scholarship In Regenerative Neuroscience, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship in Regenerative Neuroscience Research Areas: Health Sciences; Sciences & Engineering Type Postgraduate Research Description: A po...
Ph D Studentship – Probing Multifunctional Catalysts For The Preferential Adsorption And Utilisation Of Co2 Through Neutron Scattering, University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 13 days ago
Job posted by Global Academy Jobs (16/06/2016 01.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Faculty Of Pharmacy Ph D Scholarship, University of Sydney, Australia, 5 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Faculty of Pharmacy PhD Scholarship Research Areas: Health Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: Faculty of Pharmacy PhD Scholarships (FPPS) ar...
Cambridge Rutherford Memorial Ph D Scholarship 2016, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 15 days ago
Value: Course and college fees + living allowance and annual return airfare home. Tenure of award: Successful applicants will receive a living allowance (maintenance) of approximately £13,900* per...
Postgraduate Scholarship B In Archaeology, University of Sydney, Australia, 14 days ago
Funding Body: University of Sydney Title: Postgraduate Scholarship B in Archaeology Research Areas: Humanities & Social Sciences Type Postgraduate Research Description: A full-time postgraduate sc...