Closing date: 10/03/2016
The Kathleen Stewart Scholarships have been established to encourage female New Zealand students to obtain tertiary education in agriculture or horticulture. They were set up by Mr James Lockie Stewart, a Wellington lawyer, in memory of his wife Kathleen, who died in 1991. These scholarships are complementary to the James Lockie Stewart Scholarships for male students.
1. The Kathleen Stewart Scholarships shall each have a value of $5000 and be open to female students who are New Zealand citizens.
2. Candidates must be enrolled full-time for an undergraduate (excluding first year students) or postgraduate (excluding PhD) programme at Massey University in either agriculture, agricommerce, horticulture or equine studies.
3. The scholarships shall be awarded annually as funds permit on the recommendation of the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee provided the applications are of sufficient academic merit. In most years, a total of five scholarships will be awarded.
4. In recommending the award of the scholarships the Applied Academic Programmes Scholarships Committee shall take account of other scholarships and bursaries held with a view to achieving a reasonable distribution of monies among qualifying candidates.
5. The scholarship monies shall be paid in May.
6. Students who withdraw from their studies during the year in which the scholarship was awarded shall repay the money awarded to them.
7. Applications close with the Scholarships Office on 10 March in the year in which the award is to be made. Application forms (ASSC. 2 for Bachelor programmes, or ASSC.3 for postgraduate programmes) are available from the Scholarships Office email: email@example.com - PLEASE specify which form you require.
All applications are acknowledged by email.
Applications will NOT be accepted more than 3 months in advance of the closing date.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2013.
Application cannot be accepted before 10/12/2015.
Ormond Wilson Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 24 days ago
Value: Approx $1,200. Tenure of award: Up to two years. Closing dates for applications: 01 December 2015 01 December 2016 Note: applications must be submitted to school principals well in advance ...
Bruce And Carol Kendall Undergraduate Memorial Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 19 days ago
This scholarship is in memory of Bruce and Carol Kendal who both graduated from UTS in 1990 with a Diploma in Teaching. Bruce and Carol were committed to improving the future for Indigenous people...
Kiwi Music Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 24 days ago
Value: The funds available each year will be in the range of $50,000 - $60,000. Tenure of award: * The scholarship is available for up to three years according to the course of study. * Continuati...
Kiwi Rail Group Undergraduate Scholarship, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 24 days ago
Value: $2,000 Tenure of award: One year. Closing dates for applications: 01 December 2015 01 December 2016 Apply before 1 December each year. Number of awards offered: Up to ten scholarships are a...
Endeavour Queen Elizabeth Ii Diamond Jubilee Scholarship, University of Technology Sydney, Australia, 19 days ago
The Endeavour Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Scholarship marks the 60th anniversary of the accession of Her Majesty the Queen and will be awarded to a high achieving Australian female student ...
Nora Bateson Scholarship Vuw, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand, 24 days ago
Value: Approximately $5,000 Tenure of award: One year Closing dates for applications: 31 May 2016 31 May 2017 Number of awards offered: One per annum History or background of award The scholarship...