Vacancy For A Post-Doctoral Position, 0.8 Fte Including A Teaching Task Of 0.4 Fte
- Specifications - (explanation)
Location Maastricht 6200 MD Limburg Function types Postdoc positions Scientific fields Behaviour and Society, Language and Culture Hours 30.4 hours per week Salary maximum € 2977 Education Doctorate End procedure 19 September 2011 Job number AT2011.99 Translations en
- Apply for this job within 3 days
The Post-doctoral position is designed for a scholar who has recently received his or her PhD in order to:
* Gather qualitative and quantitative evidence and data on the impact of event and culture-led urban regeneration;
* Gather qualitative and quantitative evidence and data on creative industry development and cluster effects at city and regional level;
* Review urban development responses to place-making and city branding;
* Analyse social and distributive impacts of creative city and city of culture policies;
* Develop ideas and methods on transborder Euregional research;
* Contribute to joint publications and materials with the project team;
* Organise and attend meetings, workshops and conferences;
* Assist in the preparation of grant applications for research projects;
* Contribute to the Faculty’s research and teaching, e.g. Creative Cities unit and thesis supervision on the Arts and Heritage: Policy, Management and Education programme.
We are looking for a Post-doctoral candidate who has:
* a PhD in a social science subject, from a University in the Netherlands or abroad;
* expertise in urban policy & planning, cultural policy & regeneration, regional studies;
* good quantitative skills;
* database management skills a plus;
* excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably in Dutch;
* evidence of or potential for international excellence in published research;
* willing to contribute proactively to the conduct of the project and is a team-player.
Conditions of employment
The research fellow will have the unique opportunity to carry out in-depth research on Creative Cities, Culture and Urban Development. The fellow will be part of a multi-disciplinary project working in collaboration with artistic, policy and academic experts. The Post-Doctoral Fellow will be involved in developing the impact and evaluation model for the VIA2018 programme and in developing a research programme to support the region’s medium-term urban development aspirations. There will be opportunities for single-authored and well as joint publications.
We offer a 0.8 fte appointment as Post-doc for two years and six months (with the possibility of renewal). The first year will be a probation period, after a positive assessment the position will be extended for the remaining 1.5 years.
Depending on experience and qualification, the gross monthly salary is about € 2.977,00 gross per month, scale level 10 (based on a full-time appointment). The gross yearly salary is about € 41.500,00 (based on a full-time appointment).
If you do not already live in Maastricht (or its direct surroundings) you will be eligible for an allowance for removal costs. If you do not already live in Maastricht (or its direct surroundings) you might be eligible for an allowance for alternative housing or, if eligible for the 30% tax rule, for a tax reduction.
You will be provided with shared office space and a PC.
Maastricht University is renowned for its unique, innovative, problem-based learning system, which is characterized by a small-scale and student-oriented approach. Research at UM is characterized by a multidisciplinary and thematic approach, and is concentrated in research institutes and schools. Maastricht University has around 14,500 students and 3,800 employees. Reflecting the university's strong international profile, a fair amount of both students and staff are from abroad. The university hosts 6 faculties: Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences, Faculty of Law, School of Business and Economics, Faculty of Humanities and Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience.
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASoS) has 200 employees and 1600 students. All programmes are (also) offered in English. Its students come from all over the world. FASoS offers two 3-year bachelors programmes: Arts and Culture, and European Studies, eight different 1-year masters courses and two 2-year research masters programmes. It has a Graduate School with an intake of about 10 PhD students each year. Research is organized across three programmes: Politics and Culture in Europe; Science, Technology and Society Studies; and Cultural Memory and Diversity. The Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences is located in several recently renovated, 18th century buildings in the historic city-centre of Maastricht.
Applications are invited for a two year and six month Post-doctoral Researcher within the project “Culture and Urban Development”. The project is located in the newly-designated Centre for Urban & Euregional Studies (CUES). Principal investigators are Professor Graeme Evans with Dr Peter Peters, Dr Joop de Jong and Dr Meike Wulf.
Post Doc Project
The project will address the theme of Culture and Urban Development as played out in smaller European cities, including issues of representation, identity and globalisation as they impact on more peripheral European transborder regions. The project will support a three year research programme supported by the Municipality and Provincial government which has been catalysed by the candidature of Maastricht to bid for the European Capital of Culture (ECoC) in 2018 (VIA2018). This will entail comparative study of cultural capitals and creative cities and related culture-led regeneration and urban development; reviewing the rationales used for bidding and hosting major events and festivals – from competitive cities to sustainable development objectives - and undertaking research projects on the role of universities and the knowledge economy in regional development and growth.
Starting date: 1 October 2011
Information : Please consult our website: www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/fasos
Any inquiries about the position or the project may be addressed to email@example.com
More information about employer Maastricht University (UM) on AcademicTransfer. Direct link to this job opening: www.academictransfer.com/10507
Apply for this job within 3 days »
View or Apply