Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
Ph D Position: Neural Mechanisms Underlying The Interlimb Transfer Of Motor Learning With Dr Sarlegna And Prof. Felician, In Marseille, France, Aix-Marseille University CNRS, France, 29 days ago
We are seeking a candidate for a PhD fellowship to work in collaboration with Dr. Fabrice SARLEGNA (Institute of Movement Sciences) and Pr. Olivier FELICIAN (Institute of Systems Neuroscience) in M...
Ph D Student Position Experimental Substructuring, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 12 hours ago
04.04.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are seeking for a new colleague for the EU funded MSCA-ITN project EXPERTISE (www.msca-expertise.eu), which is an international training network between ...
Ph D Position In The Project 'time In Translation: A Semantics Of The Perfect' (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
PhD position in the project 'Time in Translation: a semantics of the Perfect' (1.0 FTE) Functie You will be participating in the project 'Time in Translation: a semantics of the Perfect'. This pro...
Ph.D Position At Vedecom On 'smart Radio Resource Management In Heterogeneous Its G5 / 5 G Vehicular Networks', VEDECOM Institute, France, 24 days ago
MISSION AND ACTIVITIES--------------------------------Nowadays, the security of traditional and autonomous vehicles is one of the most important issues facing automotive industries and researchers....
Ph D Position In Social Interventions For Improved Tuberculosis Care, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden, 14 days ago
A doctoral position is an available doctoral education project to which a PhD student is to be recruited. After the selection process the process for admission to doctoral education will commence....
2 Ph D Positions In The Project 'a Composition Calculus For Vector Based Semantic Modelling With A Localization For Dutch' (1.0 Fte Each), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 17 hours ago
2 PhD positions in the project 'A composition calculus for vector-based semantic modelling with a localization for Dutch' (1.0 FTE each) Functie You will be participating in the project ‘A composi...