Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
Ph D Position In Plant Epigenetics And Epigenomics, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 10 hours ago
01.06.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal Description: Heterosis (or hybrid vigor) is a classical phenomenon in genetics where hybrid plants show “better” phenotypic performance than its two parents...
Open Ph D Positions, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 10 hours ago
01.06.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Automatic Control Engineering is concerned with teaching and research in the areas of automatic control theory, dynamic and autonomous systems,...
Ph D Scholarship In Healthcare Design For Collaborative Care, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
Apply no later than 15 August 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Management Engineering by completing the following form. Apply online DTU Management Engineering invites applicants for a 3-year PhD pos...
Ph D Position Playful Active Urban Living (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 5 hours ago
PhD position Playful Active Urban living (1,0 FTE) Functie We invite applications for a PhD position to join the NWO funded research project ‘Playful Active Urban Living’ which is part of the NWO/...
R Lincs Ph D Research Studentship, Abertay University, United Kingdom, about 22 hours ago
Reference: THW/17/059651/000037 Contract Type:Temporary/Fixed term Contract Term:Part time R-LINCS PhD Research Studentship Characterising fat tissue structure and function in grey seals, an anima...
Ph D Scholarship In Mucosal Adaptive Immunology, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, about 9 hours ago
Apply no later than 11 July 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Vet by completing the following form. Apply online A PhD position is available in the mucosal adaptive immunology group headed by Associat...