Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
Ph D Positions In Nonlinear Optics / Quantum Optics, Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany, 15 days ago
Job posted by Technical University of Darmstadt (07/05/2015 15.20) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and...
Ph D Scholarship Knowledge Center In Neglected Tropical Diseases, BMD Software & University of Aveiro, Portugal, Portugal, 9 days ago
Knowledge discovery in neglected tropical diseasesPhD scholarship in Computer Science (part of a Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network)Institution: BMD Software & University o...
International Ph D Program Biomolecular Technology Of Proteins (Bio To P), BOKU - University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria, 12 days ago
Open PhD student positionsBioToP offers an inter- and multi-disciplinary research-based doctoral education at the interface of basic and applied science in the field of protein biotechnology. ...
Ph D 'beyond Flatland In Primary School Mathematics Education' (1,0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 2 days ago
PhD 'Beyond flatland in primary school mathematics education' (1,0 FTE) Functie The Division of Educational Sciences of the Department of Pedagogical and Educational Sciences of the Faculty of Soc...
Ph D Position On Protein Ubiquitylation, Institute of Genetics and Development of Rennes, France, 19 days ago
Job posted by Institute of Genetics and Development of Rennes (04/05/2015 10.52) PhD position on protein ubiquitylation Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to instit...
The Robotics Research Group Opened Two Ph D Positions On:1. Autonomous Sensor Based Robot Manipulation Skills2. Robot Programming By Demonstration, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 16 days ago
The Robotics Research Group opened two PhD positions on:1. autonomous sensor-based robot manipulation skills2. robot programming by demonstration (Ref. BAP-2015-149) Occupation : Full-time Period ...