Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
15 Ph D Positions Available Within The Marie Sklodowska Curie Itn Ejd Pogramme, Politecnico di Milano, Centrale Supélec, T.U.D.A, U.L.B., Italy,France,Germany,Belgium, 24 days ago
Four European Universities (Politecnico di Milano-Italy, Technische Universitaet Darmstadt-Germany, Centrale Supélec-France and Université Libre de Bruxelles-Belgium), offer 15 positions for ...
Tu Delft Architecture B&T Ph D Call Info, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands, 24 days ago
BORDERS&TERRITORIESOpen Invitation for PhD Dissertation Proposalssession #05 Thursday 04 June 2015INTRODUCTIONUnder the auspices of the Graduate School of the Faculty of Architecture and t...
Ph D Position In Wildlife Monitoring, University of Twente (UT), Netherlands, 19 days ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (14/04/2015 03.31) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
2 Ph D Positions On Advanced Sleep Monitoring Solutions (V51.2266), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 17 days ago
Departments Department of Industrial Design Graduate Programs Industrial Design Job description Candidate profile We look for two candidates with expertise in Interaction design, covering either t...
Ph D Position In Computer Science On Scalable Data For Pervasive Parallelism, Uppsala University, Netherlands, 12 days ago
Uppsala University is an international research university focused on the development of science and education. Our most important assets are all the individuals who with their curiosity and their...
Ph D Candidate In The Project “Democratic Secrecy: A Philosophical Study Of The Role Of Secrecy In Democratic Governance”, Leiden University, Netherlands, 10 days ago
Faculty of Humanities, Institute for Philosophy (IPh), vacancy 15-131 Faculty of Humanities, Institute for Philosophy (IPh) is looking for a: PhD candidate in the project “Democratic Secrecy: A Ph...