Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
Ph D Position In The Field Of Genome Editing, Technische Universität München, Germany, 18 days ago
25.01.2016, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Chair of Developmental Genetics (localized at the Helmholtz Zentrum München) offers a PhD position in the field of "Genome Editing". The Chair of Develo...
Ph D Student (M/F), Helmholtz Zentrum Geesthacht, Germany, 22 days ago
Job posted by Helmholtz Zentrum Geesthacht (20/01/2016 09.39) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code...
Ph D Student (F/M) In Functional Neuroproteomics, Deutsches Zentrum für Neurodegenerative Erkrankungen e. V. (DZNE), Germany, 28 days ago
Job posted by Deutsches Zentrum für Neurodegenerative Erkrankungen e. V. (DZNE) (13/01/2016 16.53) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively imple...
Ph D Student, University of Luebeck, Germany, about 1 month ago
Job posted by University of Luebeck (11/01/2016 17.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Re...
Ph D Positions Available At Sgbm, University Of Freiburg, Germany, Spemann Graduate School of Biology and Medicine (SGBM), Germany, about 2 hours ago
Job posted by universitypositions (11/02/2016 11.12) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Ph D Scholarships In The Life Sciences Starting September 2016, International Max Planck Research School "From Molecules to Organisms", MPI for Developmental Biology, University of Tübingen, Germany, 27 days ago
Job posted by International Max Planck Research School "From Molecules to Organisms" (14/01/2016 16.54) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively ...