Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
Ph D Positions In Electrical And Computer Engineering, University Of Alabama, The University of Alabama, USA, 10 days ago
Several Graduate Research Assistant Positions are available at Laboratory of Ambient and Wearable Systems, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at the University of Alabama (http...
International Ph D Program Biomolecular Technology Of Proteins (Bio To P), BOKU - University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna, Austria, 14 days ago
PhD student positionsBioToP offers an inter- and multi-disciplinary research-based doctoral education at the interface of basic and applied science in the field of protein biotechnology. BioTo...
Phd Researcher In Literary Studies: German Literature, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium, 20 days ago
PHD Researcher in Literary Studies: German Literature (Ref. BAP-2014-568) Occupation : Full-time Period : Fixed-term contract Place : Leuven Apply no later than : April 01, 2015 The Department of ...
Ph D Position As Electrical Or Mechanical Engineer (E13 (75%) Or Equivalent Stipend), Technische Universität München, Germany, 10 days ago
16.01.2015, Wissenschaftliches Personal This PhD work is part of a research project funded by the International Graduate School of Science and Engineering (IGSSE) with the title “Microreactor with...
Ph D Position On De Manufacturing Of Pv Modules And Solar Collectors , KU Leuven, Belgium, 17 days ago
Job posted by KU Leuven (07/01/2015 12.57) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. M...
Improving Banana Quality Through Supply Chain Management, The University of Tasmania, Australia, 13 days ago
ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Innovative Horticultural Products PhD ScholarshipsImproving banana quality through supply chain managementAbout the Centre The Centre is hoste...