Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
Ph.D. Position In Pet/Mri Reconstruction, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 14 hours ago
08.02.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal Ph.D. position to work on clinical PET/MRI reconstruction, PET motion correction, image quantification and analysis at nuclear medicine in Klinikum rechts d...
Phd Positions On Nanostrucured, Solution Processed, Environmentally Friendly Photovoltaics, ICFO - The Institute of Photonic Sciences, Spain, 7 days ago
The Functional Optoelectronic NanoMaterials group at ICFO, led by ICREA Prof. Gerasimos Konstantatos, is launching a research program on the design, synthesis and engineering of nanostructured inor...
Ph D Position "Maximizing Photosynthetic Efficiency In Maize", Technische Universität München, Germany, about 14 hours ago
23.02.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The chair of plant breeding at the Technical University of Munich / TUM School of Life Sciences Weihenstephan invites applications for a PhD position TV-L E...
Ph D Position In Quantitative Genetics, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 14 hours ago
23.02.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The chair of plant breeding at the Technical University of Munich / TUM School of Life Sciences Weihenstephan invites applications for a PhD position (TV-L ...
Ph D Position In The Field Of Proteomics And Peptide Chemistry, Syddansk University, Netherlands, about 1 hour ago
The successful applicant for this position will be working in an interdisciplinary project spanning from peptide chemistry to mass spectrometry-based proteomics. The project aims at exploring the ...
Ph D Position In Computer Science On Information Retrieval And Text Mining, Universita' della Svizzera Italiana (USI), Switzerland, 25 days ago
PhD position in Computer Science on Information Retrieval and Text Mining--------------------------------------------------------------------------The Faculty of Informatics of the Universita’ dell...