Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
Ph D Studentship In Multimedia Indexing, EURECOM Multimedia Communications Department, France, 14 days ago
This thesis is part of a collaborative project to analyze the multimedia informationthat is published on the Internet about cultural festivals, either by professionalor by the public. These data ar...
Ph D Position In Pervasive And Mobile Computing, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, 1 day ago
with focus on Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks The Computer Science Division at the Department of Computer Science, Electrical and Space Engineering, Lulea University of Technology (LTU) is ...
Ph D Students And Post Doc Positions In Nano Robotics And Electromagnetic Fields , Gyeongsang National University, Korea, 24 days ago
PhD students and Post-Doc Positions in Nano Robotics and Electromagnetic fields The research will be focused on designing a magnetic control system to monitor and drive magnetic Nano part...
Tensile Response Of Eco Ultra High Performance Fiber Reinforced Concretes (Uhpfrc) With Reduced Binder Dosage, Under Long Time Loading, Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland, 16 days ago
The Structural Maintenance and Safety Laboratory opens a doctoral student position to contribute to a research project funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation. The field is the tensile resp...
Ph D Position In Pervasive And Mobile Computing With Focus On Heterogeneous Wireless Sensor Networks, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden, about 20 hours ago
Job posted by Luleå University of Technology (17/12/2014 14.37) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Co...
Ph D In Reconstructing Pre Industrial Land Cover Change In Africa, Lausanne, Switzerland, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, 16 days ago
We are looking for a motivated student with a background in palaeo-environmental science to join the ARVE interdisciplinary research team at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland. This is a ful...