Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
Hitec Offers 7 Ph D Fellowships, University of Cologne, Institute for Geophysics and Meteorology, Europe, 15 days ago
Fellowship posted by University of Cologne, Institute for Geophysics and Meteorology (06/11/2014 17.37) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More ...
A Full Time Ph D In Architecture, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 9 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (12/11/2014 16.13) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
A Full Time Ph D In Architecture, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Switzerland, 11 days ago
The ETH Wohnforum – ETH CASE in collaboration with the Institute for the History and Theory of Architecture gta and the Chair for Science Studies at ETH Zurich has a position for A full-time PhD i...
Ph D Studentship In Digital Economy And Energy Technologies, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
ReferenceUNNCPHD1401Closing DateSunday, 7th December 2014DepartmentStudentship Opportunities at the University of Nottingham in Ningbo China The International Doctoral Innovation Centre (IDIC) , e...
Ph D Position In Machine Learning, Mid Sweden University, Sweden, 10 days ago
The research group in Computer Communications and Networking belongs to the Department of Information and Communication Systems (IKS) at Mid Sweden University, and is in an expansive phase and we a...
Ph D: Shifting The Limits Of Coke Usage In Ironmaking Blast Furnaces, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands, 12 days ago
PhD: Shifting the Limits of Coke Usage in Ironmaking Blast Furnaces Department/faculty: Mechanical, Maritime and Materials Engineering Level: Master degree Working hours: 38 hours per week Contrac...