Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
Academic Industrial Ph.D.Positions In Circuit Neuroscience, Ulm University, Germany, 26 days ago
The Institute of Applied Physiology at the Medical Faculty of Ulm University (Ulm, Germany) and the pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH & Co. KG (Biberach an der Riss, Germa...
Ph D Position For The Topic Mocvd Of Perovskite Oxide Films, Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V., Germany, 18 days ago
Job posted by Forschungsverbund Berlin e.V. (12/07/2016 17.10) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Cod...
Fully Funded Ph D Positions In Natural Sciences & Engineering, Hector Fellow Academy gGmbH, Germany, 10 days ago
Carry out your own PhD project!At the Hector Fellow Academy you get the opportunity to realize a self-developed research projectunder supervision of a Hector Fellow. The Hector Fellows are a commun...
3 Ph D Positions, The University Medical Center Göttingen, Germany, 3 days ago
Job posted by universitypositions (26/07/2016 17.08) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Rese...
Research Assistant (Ph D Position), Georg-August University Göttingen, Germany, 25 days ago
Job posted by Georg-August University Göttingen (05/07/2016 09.41) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter an...
Ph D Programme In: Oncological Sciences, UNIVERSITA' CATTOLICA DEL SACRO CUORE, Italy, 4 days ago
Fellowship posted by Italian Ministry of Education, University and Research (26/07/2016 04.17) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excel...