Ph.D. position Mobile pervasive Learning
Job Offer Details
Technische Universität Darmstadt is one of the leading technical universities in Germany, located in the middle of Germany. In the Research Area Knowledge and Educational Media and Applications at Multimedia Communications Lab (KOM) we are working on technologies, mechanisms and applications for learning, knowledge acquisition and management as well as information management. We are looking especially on the usage of the Web as source for information and learning resources and on informal and collaborative learning and knowledge acquisition. In a new project we are doing research about the usage of mobile devices in the learning context. Our goal is to develop and evaluate new mechanisms for context detection, recommendation or multimedia analysis e.g. and to apply theses mechanisms in mobile pervasive learning. We are publishing our results in national and international journals as well as on workshops and conferences.
- A highly stimulating, workplace with excellent research facilities,
- A collaborative, interdisciplinary team,
- Possibilities to take part in research projects together with both academic and industrial partners,
- First rate support to present your research work at international conferences and other relevant venues.
- Independent scientific work as part of a research project, including concept development, implementation and evaluation to proof your concepts,
- Publication and presentation of your results,
- Participation in teaching tasks as well as in administrative tasks at the Lab.
min. 3 years
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
You have an excellent Diploma or Master's degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information technology, or another closely related discipline.
- You are keen on performing research work with the objective to prepare dissertation as well as being involved in project activities.
- You are a team-player who is willing to work closely with colleagues and other researchers on joint interdisciplinary research projects and publications.
- Excellent Software Development Knowledge, ideally for mobile apps.
- Very good spoken and written English, as well as German or the willingness to learn German
Type of Persons
- Curriculum vitae
- Copy of university degree
- High school diploma
- Letter of motivation
- Letter of application with detailed personal motivation
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Technische Universit�t Darmstadt
Faculty / Institute
Multimedia Communications Lab
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ralf Steinmetz
Ph D Scholarship In Magnetic Resonance, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 14 days ago
Apply no later than 31 May 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Electrical Eng by completing the following form. Apply online An Early Stage Researcher (ESR) position is available in the Horizion 2020 Ma...
Ph D Position Image Guided Drug Delivery (V50.2244), Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, 5 days ago
Departments Department of Biomedical Engineering Job description Local drug delivery using temperature sensitive liposomes holds promise as a new therapy for pancreatic cancer. For this applicatio...
Mechanics Of Living Tissue During Embryo Development: Understanding Biological Observations With A Mechanical Model, Université Grenoble Alpes, France, 11 days ago
Applications are invited for a PhD position to be held at the Laboratoire Interdisciplinaire de Physique, Université Grenoble Alpes, in collaboration with the Dept. of Physiology, Development and N...
Ph D Position In Ion Implanted Composites: A New Pathway For Energy Storage, MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology, New Zealand, 6 days ago
Ion implanted composites: a new pathway for energy storage Closing date: 30 April 2015 The MacDiarmid Institute for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology is New Zealand’s premier researc...
Ph D Position In The Field Of Optical Clocks, Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt, Germany, 28 days ago
Job posted by Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (03/03/2015 11.00) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter...
Ph D Position: Mobile Middleware Systems For Distributed Social Mining, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 5 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (26/03/2015 10.27) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...