3–4 Phd And Post-Doctoral Positions For Nano-Science Are Available In The Ilmenau University Of Technology In Germany
We are currently interested in looking for 3-4 PhD students or Post-doctoral candidates with a demonstrable track record of research excellence in 3 different research directions. The Three-dimensional (3D) Nanostructuring Group (head by Professor Yong Lei) located at the Institute for Micro and Nanotechnologies and the Institute for Physics in the Ilmenau University of Technology (Technische Universität Ilmenau, TU Ilmenau) of Germany offers a highly interdisciplinary research program. The various research directions in our group include template-based surface nano patterning techniques, characterization, device fabrication, physics related aspects and simulation on 3D nanomaterials. On the other hand, there are also good equipments within the group and center. For further information, please refer to the following website:
Candidates applying must have at least 2 (for the PhD positions) or 5 (for the post-doctoral positions) first author publications in SCI-index journals, respectively. Applicants who do not meet this prerequisite criterion will not be considered.
PhD position 1:
A better understanding of the electronic and optical properties of semiconductor nanostructures-based devices, obtained from appropriate simulation software that utilizes mathematical models to imitate the behavior of an actual semiconductor device could lead to device optimization. One PhD position is currently available.
The candidate applying for this PhD position must be familiar and have prior experience with the following simulation software:
1. Finite-difference time-domain (FDTD) to simulate the optical response/properties of semiconductor nanostructures-based devices such as nanowire solar cells.
2. This position is only open for applications for the PhD position (candidacy) and it is only for theoretical device physics simulations.
Additional knowledge in any of the following simulation software or method is an advantage in the application for this PhD position
3. Gaussian simulation for surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy (SERS).
4. COMSOL Multiphysics simulation software.
5. Discrete dipole approximation method.
PhD or Post-doctoral position 2:
One position (PhD or dost-doctoratal) is currently available in the research area of the Lithium-ion Battery and super-capacitor fabrication by using nanostructure arrays prepared by the anodic alumina membrane.
1. The candidate must have relevant experience in battery and super-capacitor.
2. The candidate should have a Master or PhD or equivalent degree in Physics, Chemistry or Materials Sciences.