1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Post Doc Research And Teaching Associate For Environmental Governance Research, Technische Universität München, Germany, 4 days ago
17.01.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal Chair of Forest and Environmental Policy is looking for a part-time (30 hours per week) post-doc research and teaching associate - start on April 1, 2017 Ch...
Post Doctoral Position On "Bacteriohages Infecting Fish Pathogenic Flavobacterium Bacteria" Department Of Biology, University Of Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 15 days ago
A 3-year Post-doctoral position on bacteriophage-host interactions is offered at the Marine Biological Section, Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. The position starts 1. Apr...
Research Fellow (79009 017) , University of Warwick, United Kingdom, 8 days ago
Vacancy Type/Job category Research Only Department Life Sciences Salary £29,301-£38,183 per annum Location The University of Warwick - Coventry Vacancy Overview 2 positions available for a fixed t...
Postdoctoral Researcher 'microcontact: Language Variation And Change From The Italian Heritage Perspective' (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, 21 days ago
Postdoctoral researcher 'Microcontact: Language variation and change from the Italian heritage perspective' (1.0 FTE) Functie You will be participating in the project Microcontact: Language variat...
Short Term Visiting Academic Research Fellowships, University of California, United States, 7 days ago
A one to two month, short-term fellowship is awarded by the American Antiquarian Society (AAS) in academic research for Ph. D. and master's graduates. These fellowships are for dissertation or pos...
Postdoc In Experimental Molecular Biotechnology For Algae Based Higher Value Products, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 15 days ago
Apply no later than 25 January 2017 Apply for the job at DTU Chemical Eng. by completing the following form. Apply online The Center for BioProcess Engineering (BioEng) is a research center at the...