1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Postdoctoral Researcher (Tuc), California State University, Northridge, United States, 27 days ago
Major Duties Under general supervision of the Project Grant Investigators, the Postdoctoral Researcher conducts research on the effects of Ocean Acidification on the biology and physiology of cora...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Ecological Modelling, University of Bergen, Norway, 12 days ago
Job posted by University of Bergen (19/01/2015 10.22) Postdoctoral fellow in ecological modelling Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implem...
Wissenschaftliches Personal Postdoc, Technische Universität München, Germany, 26 days ago
07.01.2015, Wissenschaftliches Personal We are looking for a new member of our team, who will work on quantitative methods and applications for reliability and risk assessment of marine systems. A...
Postdoctoral Positions In Microbial Ecology, Evolution And Genomics, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 23 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (08/01/2015 17.05) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Post Doctorate Research Position, NATIONAL AND KAPODISTRIAN UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS, Greece, 9 days ago
Job posted by NATIONAL AND KAPODISTRIAN UNIVERSITY OF ATHENS (22/01/2015 11.27) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the Europea...
Postdoctoral Researcher For Structural Studies Of Antifouling Polymer Coatings By Neutron Reflectometry, Linköping University, Sweden, 24 days ago
Job posted by Linköping University (07/01/2015 17.14) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Res...