1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
] Post Doc In Theoretical Atomic Physics, , United States, 28 days ago
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral research scientist to participate and supervise electronic structure and strong-field calculations for atoms and ions. The Atomic Theory Group of the He...
Postdoc ’long Chain Diol Sediment Records As Indicators Of Past Climatological And Environmental Changes’, NIOZ Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research, Netherlands, about 15 hours ago
Job posted by AcademicTransfer (08/10/2015 02.15) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Postdoc ’long Chain Diol Sediment Records As Indicators Of Past Climatological And Environmental Changes’, Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research, Netherlands, 7 days ago
Job posted by Academic Positions (01/10/2015 16.21) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Resea...
Doctoral Researcher: New Approaches To The Conservation Of Contemporary Art, TATE, United Kingdom, 17 days ago
TateDoctoral Researcher: New Approaches to the Conservation of Contemporary Art£24,000 per annum + £650 annual mobility allowance + £1,450 family allowance for eligible candidates - Three-year fixe...
University Assistant (Post Doc), Department of Nutritional and Physiological Chemistry, Austria, 21 days ago
Job posted by University of Vienna (JOBCENTER) (17/09/2015 00.30) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and ...
Research Positions At Airc (Artificial Intelligence Research Center), Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) , Japan, 21 days ago
Applications are invited for several positions in Artificial Intelligence at the Artificial Intelligence Research Center (AIRC) (https://unit.aist.go.jp/airc//index.en.html) under the auspices of t...