1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
16 Doctoral Researcher Positions At Leibniz Science Campus Infecto Optics, Hans-Knöll-Institut Jena, Germany, 11 days ago
At the Leibniz ScienceCampus InfectoOptics in Jena scientists work closely together in a trans-disciplinary approach aiming to develop urgently needed tools for the diagnosis and therapy of infecti...
Postdoctoral Research Staff Member, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, United States, 9 days ago
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB The Biosciences and Biotechnology Division of the Physical and Life Sciences Directorate has an opening for a Postdoctoral Researcher to conduct research in the areas of mi...
Postdoctoral Fellowship, University of Toronto, Canada, about 1 month ago
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Socially Assistive Robots Applicants are sought for a postdoctoral position in socially assistive robots for eldercare. The project focuses on the development of the...
Doctoral Fellowships In The Life Sciences (Ph D, Dr. Rer. Nat.), University of Würzburg, Germany, 26 days ago
Job posted by University of Würzburg Graduate Schools (03/08/2015 16.24) Doctoral Fellowships in the Life Sciences (PhD, Dr. rer. nat.) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo a...
Postdoc On Interactions Between Fisheries And Protected, Endangered And Threatened Species, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark, 1 day ago
Apply no later than 15 September 2015 Apply for the job at DTU Aqua by completing the following form. Apply online Applications are invited for a position as post-doctoral researcher with emphasis...
Visiting Scientist Under Brainpool Program, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea, 11 days ago
Position:Visiting Scientist under Brain Pool programInvitation Period:1 Year ( Application period : December 2015, Evaluation: January/February 2016 Result: February ...