1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Postdoctoral Researcher Molecular Biologist (Synthetic Biology, Gene Manipulation), National Renewable Energy Laboratory, United States, 9 days ago
Postdoctoral Researcher-Molecular Biologist (Synthetic Biology, Gene Manipulation) 4006BR The National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) is a leader in the U.S. Department of Energy’s effort to s...
Postdoctoral Position In Chemical Engineering, Technion, Israel Institute of Technology, Israel, 9 days ago
We have an opening for a post doctoral fellow to be working onFormation, evolution and stability of toroidal drops in compressional flow The position is in the group of Prof. Avinoam Nir in th...
Ph D Students And Post Doc Positions In Nano Robotics And Electromagnetic Fields , Gyeongsang National University, Korea, 2 days ago
PhD students and Post-Doc Positions in Nano Robotics and Electromagnetic fields The research will be focused on designing a magnetic control system to monitor and drive magnetic Nano part...
Post Doctoral Position In Marine Geophysics, Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris, France, 13 days ago
Job posted by Institut de Physique du Globe de Paris (13/11/2014 11.33) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charte...
Postdoctoral Fellow: Lipidomics, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, United States, 22 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Number 999712 Functional Title Postdoctoral Fellow: Lipidomics Position Type Post-docs Position Summary The UNCG Center for Translational Biomedical ...
Postdoctoral Fellow: Proteomics For Intact Proteins, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, United States, 22 days ago
Posting Details Position Information Position Number 14234 Functional Title Postdoctoral Fellow: Proteomics for intact proteins Position Type Post-docs Position Summary The UNCG Center for Transla...