1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Postdoc In Marine Microbiology, Wageningen University and Research Center, Netherlands, 19 days ago
We are looking for We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Postdoc on Microbiology with a strong background in or affinity with marine microbiology. Candidates should be particularly profici...
Graduate (Ph D) Fellowship In The Physical Oceanography Of Whale Feeding Habitats, University of Victoria, Canada, 22 days ago
Graduate Fellowship in the physical oceanography of whale feeding habitatsInstitutions: University of Victoria and Dalhousie UniversityPosition: PhD candidateDeadline: April 15, 2015 or until fille...
Ucd Post Doctoral Research Fellow Level 2, University College Dublin, Ireland, 17 days ago
Job posted by Irish Universities Association (17/04/2015 00.15) UCD Post doctoral Research Fellow level 2 Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions activel...
Postdoctoral Fellowships In Computational Immunology And Biological Dynamics, African Institute for Mathematical Sciences, South Africa, 18 days ago
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS), South Africa, seeks 2 postdoctoral research fellows with experience in mathematics (statistics, differential equations), computer science (in...
Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Plymouth University, United Kingdom, 12 days ago
Post-Doctoral Research Fellow £32277 to £37394 pa - Grade 7 The School of Marine Science and Engineering invites you to apply for a full time postdoctoral research fellowship in molecular physiolo...
Post Doctoral Researcher– Marine Metabolomics, GEOMAR Helmholtz-Zentrum für Ozeanforschung Kiel, Germany, 29 days ago
Post-doctoral Researcher– Marine Metabolomics Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers...