1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Post Doctoral Researcher, University of Bucharest, Romania, 5 days ago
Job posted by University of Bucharest (19/09/2016 17.02) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for ...
1 Doctoral Post At The Interdisciplinary And Inter Faculty Dfg Research Training Group 1681: Privacy And Digitalisation, DFG Research Training Group 1681 "Privacy and digitalization", Germany, 12 days ago
Job posted by DFG Research Training Group 1681 "Privacy and digitalization" (12/09/2016 11.14) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implement...
Postdoc, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)., Germany, 7 days ago
Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. More European Research Council. More The Ger...
Post Doc Position, Alfred-Wegener-Institut Helmholtz-Zentrum für Polar- und Meeresforschung, Germany, 29 days ago
Job posted by Helmholtz Association of German Research Centres (27/08/2016 01.45) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the Europ...
University Assistant (Post Doc), Department of South Asian, Tibetan and Buddhist Studies, Austria, 7 days ago
Job posted by University of Vienna (JOBCENTER) (16/09/2016 09.53) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and ...
Post Doctoral Position On 'heterotrophic N2 Fixing Marine Bacteria', Department Of Biology, University Of Copenhagen, University of Copenhagen, Denmark, 24 days ago
A 2-year Post-doctoral position in marine microbial ecology is offered at the Marine Biological Section, Department of Biology, University of Copenhagen, Denmark. The position starts 1. January 20...