1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Post Doctoral Researcher Psychology, European Institute of Oncology, Italy, 18 days ago
Location: European Institute of Oncology, Milan, ItalyDepartment: Department of Health Science University: State University of MilanCategory: ResearchSalary: Euros 27,...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, The University of Queensland, Australia, 23 days ago
School of Chemistry and Molecular Biosciences Australian Centre for Ecogenomics (ACE) is a dynamic and exciting research environment that brings together leading researchers in molecular microbial...
Post Doctoral Fellowship In Molecular Biophysics, Instituto de Biociências / UNESP Botucatu, Brazil, 15 days ago
Fellowship posted by FAPESP, SAO PAULO RESEARCH FOUNDATION (14/05/2015 03.45) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, 21 days ago
Requisition Number: 0005699 Field(s) of Specialization: Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scientist Department: 6010- EIL Lamont Divisions Department Number: 6010102 Location: Lamont-Doherty E...
Postdoctoral Scholar Department Of Genetics And Genome Sciences, Posted 05/05/15, Case Western Reserve University, United States, 24 days ago
Postdoctoral Scholar - Department of Genetics and Genome Sciences, posted 05/05/15 Multiple bioinformatician positions at any level (scientist, postdoc, graduate/undergraduate students) are availa...
Postdoctoral Research Assistant In Precambrian Biogeochemistry, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 19 days ago
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Assistant in the Department of Earth Sciences at the University of Oxford. The project, fixed-term and funded for 3 years by the Natural Enviro...