1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Ph.D. Position In Atmospheric Environment: Characterization Of Biogenic Volatile Organic Compounds In Forested Areas And Investigation Of Their Reactivity, Mines Douai, France, 6 days ago
Job posted by Mines Douai (29/06/2015 09.50) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers....
Research Group Leader “Plasma Redox Effects”, ZIK plasmatis/Leibniz-Institut für Plasmaforschung und Technologie e.V. (INP Greifswald), Germany, about 1 month ago
Job posted by Science Careers (04/06/2015 02.15) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Research...
Wildland Fire/ Environmetrics Research Scientist – Se Res 1 (Postdoctoral Research Program), Natural Resources Canada, Canada, 10 days ago
Position Summary: Natural Resources Canada (NRCan) is looking for a postdoctoral researcher to develop and apply statistical methods to predict the occurrence and duration of severe wildfires ...
Post Doctoral Fellow Metabolic Disease, A*STAR Institute, Singapore, 19 days ago
Job posted by A*STAR Institute (16/06/2015 10.03) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researc...
Postdoctoral Research Opportunities In Molecular Infection Medicine And Infection Biology, Umeå University (UCMR, MIMS), Sweden, 5 days ago
Job posted by Umeå University (KBC, UCMR, MIMS) (30/06/2015 15.13) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and...
Postdoctoral Position, Institute of Nature Conservation, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland, 9 days ago
POST-DOC POSITION UNDER THE GRANT OF NATIONAL SCIENCE CENTRE, POLANDin:Institute of Nature Conservation, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, POLANDJob description:We are looking for a person intere...