1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Postdoctoral Position In Materials Science / Physics / Chemistry (Full Time), Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany, 15 days ago
Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. More European Research Council. More The Cha...
Postdoc, German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ)., Germany, 25 days ago
Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Researchers. More European Research Council. More The Ger...
German Chancellor Fellowship For Tomorrow's Leaders, National Institutes of Health, United States, 14 days ago
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany, Non-U.S. Fellowship Description: Launch your career in Germany - become part of a worldwide network Send an application, if you: are a prospective leade...
] Instructor, German Job # 11607 , , United States, 2 days ago
Position ID: ASU -SILC -GERINST [#7334, 11607] Position Title: Instructor, German - Job # 11607 Position Type: Non tenure-track faculty Position Location: Tempe, Arizona 85287, United States [ma...
Post Doctoral Fellowship In Biosystems Engineering, , Brazil, 18 days ago
Fellowship posted by FAPESP, SAO PAULO RESEARCH FOUNDATION (10/05/2016 03.45) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research...
Postdoc Position In Epigenetic Of Aging, FLI - Leibniz-Institute for Age Reasearch - Fritz-Lipmann-Institute e.V., Germany, 26 days ago
Job posted by FLI - Leibniz-Institute for Age Reasearch - Fritz-Lipmann-Institute e.V. (02/05/2016 10.07) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions activel...