1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Postdoctoral Position, Pennsylvania State University, United States, 7 days ago
Description A post-doctoral position is currently available in Prof. C. Maranas lab at Penn State for research in metabolic pathway analysis and redesign. Projects will involve the upkeep of exis...
Doktorand(In)/Postdoc Internationale Beziehungen, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 18 hours ago
10.08.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal Am Lehrstuhl für Internationale Beziehungen der Hochschule für Politik an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) von Prof. Dr. Tim Büthe sind im Herbst/W...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 18 hours ago
31.07.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Institute of Molecular Immunology at Technische Universität München is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow (TVL-E13) placed within a CRC project together with...
Research Fellow In Perceptions & Behaviour In Coastal Communities In Se Asia, Plymouth University, United Kingdom, about 12 hours ago
Research Fellow in Perceptions & Behaviour in Coastal Communities in SE Asia £32958 to £38183 pa - Grade 7 The above full-time, fixed term post is available from 1 January 2018 to 31st December 20...
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Sensory Marine Biology, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 1 day ago
The Department of Biology at the University of Southern Denmark invites applications for a postdoctoral research fellowship in the area of marine biology, with emphasis on sensory biology of marin...
Post Doctoral Researcher (100%) Sustainable Entrepreneurship, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 18 hours ago
27.07.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal Starting from January 1, 2018 the chair is looking for a Post-Doctoral Researcher (100%) Sustainble Entrepreneurship. The first contract period is 2 years. ...