1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Research Assistant In The Software Lab, Department Of Computer Science, TU Darmstadt, Germany, 13 days ago
Full details on this offer:http://www.ec-spride.tu-darmstadt.de/en/research-groups/software-lab/jobs/We are looking for students interested in joining the Software Lab as PhD students. The Software...
Post Doctoral Position Ecoaqua Project, FUNDACIÓN CANARIA PARQUE CIENTÍFICO TECNOLÓGICO (MARINE STATION), Spain, 9 days ago
Job posted by FUNDACIÓN CANARIA PARQUE CIENTÍFICO TECNOLÓGICO (16/10/2014 17.24) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the Europe...
Research Fellow In Statistical Spatial Modelling Ybs654 R , Ref:1438170, University of Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 11 days ago
This Post-Doctoral position offers a talented researcher with strong computational and data analytical skills, in particular species distributional modelling (SDM), the opportunity to be part of a...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Applied And Computational Mathematics, University of Bergen, Norway, 30 days ago
Job posted by University of Bergen (25/09/2014 17.35) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Res...
Post Doctoral Fellowship In Taxonomy And Distribution Of Cnidarians, Instituto de Biociências / USP / Depto. Zoologia, Brazil, 4 days ago
Fellowship posted by FAPESP, SAO PAULO RESEARCH FOUNDATION (21/10/2014 02.45) Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research...
Post Doctoral Fellowship In Microbial Natural Products, Faculdade de Ciências Farmacêuticas de Ribeirão Preto da Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil, 11 days ago
Fellowship posted by FAPESP, SAO PAULO RESEARCH FOUNDATION (14/10/2014 03.15) Post doctoral fellowship in Microbial Natural Products Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More Eur...