1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Postdoctoral Fellow For Health Policy And System, Duke Kunshan University, China, 16 days ago
Institutional Summary:The Duke Kunshan University and Duke Global Health Institute (DGHI) seek to hire a full-time postdoctoral research fellow to work at an innovative Global Health Research Cente...
Post Doc Felowship In Brazil, Federal University of Sao Carlos (UFSCAR), Brazil, 16 days ago
Post Doc Felowship in BrazilThe thematic project “Environmental effects of the pasture-sugarcane conversion and pasture intensification”, with funding from FAPESP, is seeking applicants for a Postd...
Assistant Research Fellow, Marine Science, University of Otago, New Zealand, about 12 hours ago
DEPARTMENT OF MARINE SCIENCE Our Department We are a multidisciplinary department with research strengths in both biological and physical marine sciences. We focus on pure and applied research in ...
Assistant Research Fellow, Marine Science, University of Otago, New Zealand, about 1 hour ago
Assistant Research Fellow, Marine Science-1700881 DEPARTMENT OF MARINE SCIENCE Our Department We are a multidisciplinary department with research strengths in both biological and physical marine s...
Ph D Research Position, Leiden University, Netherlands, about 7 hours ago
The Leiden University History Institute (LUIH) and the Huygens Institute for the History of the Netherlands (Huygens ING) invite applicants for two PhD research positions (2 x 1.0 fte) Vacancy num...
Research Fellow Bms (80121 047) , University of Warwick, United Kingdom, about 23 hours ago
Vacancy Type/Job category Research Only Department WMG Salary £29,301-£38,183 per annum Location The University of Warwick - Coventry Vacancy Overview Fixed term for 2 years The WMG Electrical and...