1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
6 Postdoctoral Positions: Biomedicine, Chemistry And Information Technology, Center for Research in Biological Chemistry and Molecular Materials (CiQUS), Spain, 20 days ago
The Network of Singular Research Centers at the University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain) offers 6 postdoctoral positions for 2 years. Please read carefully the Call: http://campusvida.usc.es/en...
Post Doc Position (100%) In Mathematics, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 1 hour ago
13.02.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal Within the Chair for Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing at the Centre for Mathematical Science of the Technical University of Munich (TUM) there is...
Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, United States, about 15 hours ago
Requisition Number: 0007423 Field(s) of Specialization: Microbial Oceanography Position Title: Postdoctoral Research Scientist Department: 6010- EIL Lamont Divisions Department Number: 6010102 Loc...
Ph.D. Position In Pet/Mri Reconstruction, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 1 hour ago
08.02.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal Ph.D. position to work on clinical PET/MRI reconstruction, PET motion correction, image quantification and analysis at nuclear medicine in Klinikum rechts d...
Research Grant Lightfields Rendering And Representation. , , Portugal, 16 days ago
Lightfields Rendering and Representation. The EmergIMG project results from a Portuguese consortium that targets to design a common framework for the representation and quality assessment of ...
Post Doc Position In Microbial Ecology (1.0 Fte), Utrecht University, Netherlands, about 19 hours ago
Post-doc position in microbial ecology (1.0 FTE) Functie We seek a Post-doctoral Researcher to investigate the relationship between microbial biodiversity and plant pathogen suppression. The proje...