1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
17 Ph. D. Student Fellowships, Jena University Hospital, Germany, 16 days ago
17 Ph. D. Student Fellowships Marie Curie Actions Co-fund. More Marie Curie Actions. More European Research Council. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implemen...
Postdoc In Molecular Biology Of, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 15 days ago
We are looking for a postdoctoral researcher to explore the microbial ecology of oxygen-free and low oxygen marine waters, with particular focus on oxygen, nitrogen, and sulfur cycling. We will ex...
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Metegenomic Analyses Of Baltic Sea Microbes, Stockholm University, Sweden, 23 days ago
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Metegenomic Analyses of Baltic Sea Microbes at the Depatment of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences with placement at the Science for Life Laboratory. Reference numb...
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Metagenomic Analyses Of Baltic Sea Microbes, Stockholm University, Sweden, 23 days ago
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Metagenomic Analyses of Baltic Sea Microbes at the Department of Ecology, Environment and Plant Sciences with placement at the Science for Life Laboratory. Reference num...
Postdoctoral Fellowship In Untargerted Lipidomics/ Metabolomics For Pediatric Cancer Research, University of Texas at Austin, United States, 20 days ago
Job posted by University of Texas at Austin (11/09/2014 12.03) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Cod...
Postdoc In Anaerobic Methane Cycling, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 15 days ago
A postdoctoral position in microbial ecology and biogeochemistry will be available at the Department of Biology, University of Southern Denmark. The project explores a recently discovered anaerobi...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Applied And Computational Mathematics, University of Bergen, Norway, 6 days ago
Job posted by University of Bergen (25/09/2014 17.35) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the European Charter and Code for Res...
Postdoctoral Candidate In Hematology, Rna Biology And Iron Metabolism For Axa Postdoctoral Research Fellowship At The Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (Ijc), Badalona, Barcelona, Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC), Spain, 12 days ago
Job posted by Josep Carreras Leukaemia Research Institute (IJC) (19/09/2014 16.20) Marie Curie Actions. More 'HR Excellence in Research' logo awarded to institutions actively implementing the Euro...
Postdoc In Oxygen Regulation, Syddansk University, Netherlands, 15 days ago
We have recently developed oxygen sensing technology allowing the measurement of oxygen concentrations to unprecedented low (picomolar) levels. We are looking for a highly motivated postdoctoral r...
Research Fellow, The University of Southampton, United Kingdom, 29 days ago
Marine Biogeochemistry Location: National Oceanography Centre Southampton Salary: £28,695 to £35,256 Full Time Fixed Term Closing Date: Tuesday 30 September 2014 Interview Date: To be confirmed Re...