1 Doctoral Researcher Fellowship at Jena School for Microbial Communication
Job Offer Details
The Graduate School of Excellence ´JSMC´ invites applications for a Doctoral Researcher Fellowship (Ref.No. 63/2012) on the topic
The metabolic profile of the marine microalga Ostreococcus tauri
Using analytical and physiological experiments, this PhD project aims at elucidating how regulatory networks control metabolism in the unicellular marine alga Ostreococcus tauri. The results should help to understand how this cosmopolitan marine species adapts to changes in environmental conditions, and to engineer algae for biotechnological applications.
More projects details: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de/phd- program/fellowship-application/vacant-projects/
Language of the Doctoral Thesis
Requirements for Applicant
Subject Requirements (Qualification)
- a Master?s degree (or equivalent) in biochemistry, chemistry, pharmacy, biology or a related subject. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- a strong background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry
- some experience with the use of sterile technique and statistical tests
- high motivation and interest to join one of the interdisciplinary research areas of JSMC
- creativity and interest to shape your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality
- very good communication skills in English (instruction language at JSMC)
- a highly communicative atmosphere within a scientific network providing top-level research facilities
- a PhD stipend paid for three years according to the regulations of the DFG (German Research Foundation) as well as generous research funding
- a comprehensive mentoring program with efficient supervision by a team of supervisors
- a top-level PhD training program with courses in state-of-the-art research technologies and soft skills
- Jena ? the German City of Science 2008: a young and lively town with dynamic business activities, successful scientific centers of innovation and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Friedrich Schiller University Jena is an equal opportunity employer.
The application procedure takes place exclusively online via the JSMC website: www.jsmc.uni-jena.de
Type of Persons
- Please do not use the application button below, but ...
- see link in �qualification�
University / Organisation advertising the position
University / Organisation
Faculty / Institute
Jena School for Microbial Communication
Supervisor of the Doctoral Thesis
Herr Dr. Carsten Thoms
Post Doctoral Position In Cancer Prevention & Control, Indiana University School of Nursing, United States, 16 days ago
Post-Doctoral Positions Available at Indiana University in Indianapolis, in Cancer Control Researchhttp://www.cancer.iu.edu/education/training/behavioral-oncology/index.shtml The T32 Interdisc...
Postdoctoral Fellow In Biosensors, University of Guelph, Canada, 3 days ago
Position Overview Reporting to Professor Suresh Neethirajan, Director of the BioNano Laboratory in the school of Engineering of the University of Guelph, he/she will support current laboratory...
Postdoctoral Fellow Position, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 19 hours ago
17.03.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The Institute of Molecular Immunology at Technische Universität München is seeking a Postdoctoral Fellow (TVL-E13) placed within a CRC project together with...
1 Doctoral Position (75% Tv L E13) In Munich And 1 Doctoral Position (75%) In Graz, Technische Universität München, Germany, about 19 hours ago
13.03.2017, Wissenschaftliches Personal The international research training group "Optimization and Numerical Analysis for Partial Differential Equations with Nonsmooth Structures" (IGDK 1754), fu...
Postdoc Position In Nanomechanics, University of London, United Kingdom, 6 days ago
ERC Project FLEXNANOFLOWApplications are invited for a postdoctoral research position in nanoscale fluid-structure interaction mechanics. The researcher will join the Fluids, Particles and Interfac...
Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of British Columbia, Canada, about 22 hours ago
Job Summary Are you interested in bioinformatics research involving microbial genomics, infectious disease surveillance and outbreak investigations, and playing a critical role in a national and i...